PDA

View Full Version : Sid Meier's Pirates VS AC4 Black Flag

sexypro
04-07-2013, 11:09 AM
Sid Meier's Pirates VS AC4 Black Flag
So, what do Sid Meier's Pirates have that probably NOT AC4 Black flag will have?
I start.
1. Diffrent ships that you can own, sack and upgrade (not just one).
2. Slapstick comedy. (AC is dead serious)
3. Pick the year to start (AC4 is stuck in 1715)
4. Date or marry many random Govenors daughters (Kenway probbably stick to one)
5. Sack town ALL over the west indies (Kenway sneaks in towns around cuba)

Feel free to add your thought of new AC4 Black flag and what should be added to beat the best pirate game made so far.

lonewarrior30
04-07-2013, 11:52 AM
1.You cant know that since the game is not released
2.You cant know that since the game is not released
3.You cant know that since the game is not released
4.You cant know that since the game is not released
5.You cant know that since the game is not released

pirate1802
04-07-2013, 12:19 PM
Nice name you got there..

AjinkyaParuleka
04-07-2013, 12:20 PM
1.You cant know that since the game is not released
2.You cant know that since the game is not released
3.You cant know that since the game is not released
4.You cant know that since the game is not released
5.You cant know that since the game is not released
this and for god's sake(I am an athiest o.O) its Edward Kenway...EDWARD KENWAY!

sajber00
04-07-2013, 12:23 PM
Slapstick comedy..?
If I play AC I want to play AC, not Jim Carrey.

SixKeys
04-07-2013, 12:47 PM
Slapstick comedy..?

Did you even read the OP? He said AC4 will probably NOT have slapstick comedy, unlike Sid Meier's Pirates.

ProletariatPleb
04-07-2013, 12:52 PM
Slapstick comedy..?
....not sure if intentionally playing the fool or misunderstood.

MasterAssasin84
04-07-2013, 12:57 PM
Sid Meier's Pirates VS AC4 Black FlagSo, what do Sid Meier's Pirates have that probably NOT AC4 Black flag will have?I start.1. Diffrent ships that you can own, sack and upgrade (not just one).2. Slapstick comedy. (AC is dead serious)3. Pick the year to start (AC4 is stuck in 1715)4. Date or marry many random Govenors daughters (Kenway probbably stick to one)5. Sack town ALL over the west indies (Kenway sneaks in towns around cuba)Feel free to add your thought of new AC4 Black flag and what should be added to beat the best pirate game made so far.I think the question is how in the hell can you compare Assassins Creed to Sid Meirs Pirates ? which is not comparable - Assassins Creed Black has already slaughtered and battered Sid Meirs Pirates into the ground ! Ubi have alreadu said that there will be no cliche of sterotypical depictions of Pirates.

ProletariatPleb
04-07-2013, 01:04 PM
I think the question is how in the hell can you compare Assassins Creed to Sid Meirs Pirates ?
They are both ship/pirate games?

Assassins Creed Black has already slaughtered and battered Sid Meirs Pirates into the ground!
On what grounds are you saying this?

So first you say they are not comparable and then you say Black Flag beats my Pirates game?

SixKeys
04-07-2013, 01:07 PM
I think the question is how in the hell can you compare Assassins Creed to Sid Meirs Pirates ? which is not comparable - Assassins Creed Black has already slaughtered and battered Sid Meirs Pirates into the ground ! Ubi have alreadu said that there will be no cliche of sterotypical depictions of Pirates.

They are absolutely comparable. As soon as I heard about all the planned features for AC4, my first thought was: "oh, so basically a remake of Sid Meier's Pirates, then?"

Similarities:

-Customizable ships
-Sea battles with varying types of ammo and enemies
-Recruiting your own crew
-Ship-to-ship boarding and combat
-Looting enemy ships
-Freeroaming the Caribbean and searching islands for treasure

Of course there are lots of things the two games do not have in common (underwater exploration, stealth missions [hopefully] etc.) but there are definitely similarities. Just because Sid Meier's game was more cartoony doesn't mean it was in any way inferior to AC.

MasterAssasin84
04-07-2013, 01:14 PM
They are absolutely comparable. As soon as I heard about all the planned features for AC4, my first thought was: "oh, so basically a remake of Sid Meier's Pirates, then?"

Similarities:

-Customizable ships
-Sea battles with varying types of ammo and enemies
-Recruiting your own crew
-Ship-to-ship boarding and combat
-Looting enemy ships
-Freeroaming the Caribbean and searching islands for treasure

Of course there are lots of things the two games do not have in common (underwater exploration, stealth missions [hopefully] etc.) but there are definitely similarities. Just because Sid Meier's game was more cartoony doesn't mean it was in any way inferior to AC.

IMO opinion it does because its an Assassins Creed which is its core intention, the similarities you are describing are what Pirates was known for ie searching for treasure looting enemy ships ect.. those features you have just described are just added gameplay features to give the game a pirate feel to it, so beings its an Assassins Creed game first and for most i would not compare it to Sid Meirs Pirates.

MasterAssasin84
04-07-2013, 01:16 PM
They are both ship/pirate games?

On what grounds are you saying this?

So first you say they are not comparable and then you say Black Flag beats my Pirates game?

Admitingly i played Sid Meirs Pirates and put it down i hatred it ! but the point i am making is of Course Assassins Creed 4 is going to be the better game from graphics to gameplay to everything.

sexypro
04-07-2013, 01:19 PM
Yes, and Also said Probably, because there might some fetures we dont know about.
Slapstick comedy is when you get things dropped on your head or get smashed by a box. And even fall into fire and jump into the water.
I think AC4 Black flag already passed the point of cliche stereotype like pirates with the red Henry Morgan (just add the barrel).

There will probably be more signs pointing to a "new" Pirates game then we think. Take the first naval mission in AC3:
The last you hear as the boat sail away is the SAME music as you hear in Sid Meier's Pirates when you enters an english town. I was surprised to hear that in the game.

Sushiglutton
04-07-2013, 01:22 PM
AC is a vastly more immersive and advanced franchise. Ofc Sid Meier's Pirates can offer greater variety as each component is so much simpler. For example a ship model in SMP is not anywhere near the Aquila (Jackdaw) in complexity. So it becomes a matter of if you prefer a lot of mediocre ships or one fully realized. Same with the size of the map. AC offers a fully realized 3d world, where you can swim, climb and interact as you choose. SMP has generic 2d enviroments that you view from a bird perspective for the most part.

Not hating on SMP, it was a great game for its time, but AC is just of an entire different caliber imo.

SixKeys
04-07-2013, 01:23 PM
Admitingly i played Sid Meirs Pirates and put it down i hatred it ! but the point i am making is of Course Assassins Creed 4 is going to be the better game from graphics to gameplay to everything.

How do you know this? We've hardly seen anything from AC4 so far.

ProletariatPleb
04-07-2013, 01:23 PM
I like my Pirates game :P and they both have different focus so I can't say which is "better" but this is an AAA game with millions thrown in while Pirates isn't so yeah...

MasterAssasin84
04-07-2013, 01:26 PM
I like my Pirates game :P and they both have different focus so I can't say which is "better" but this is an AAA game with millions thrown in while Pirates isn't so yeah...

I think its a case of we have to agree to dissagree :) this can go on for ages, but the old saying you get what you pay for lol

MasterAssasin84
04-07-2013, 01:28 PM
How do you know this? We've hardly seen anything from AC4 so far.

How do i know this ? does not take an expert work out the game is going to a million times better ! its an Assassins Creed game first and for most with Millions of pounds being invested in it , from what i have seen its going to be an awesome game and to be honest the choice between purchasing the two i know what the decision will be.

ProletariatPleb
04-07-2013, 01:28 PM
I think its a case of we have to agree to dissagree :) this can go on for ages, but the old saying you get what you pay for lol
Disagree on what exactly?

SixKeys
04-07-2013, 01:40 PM
How do i know this ? does not take an expert work out the game is going to a million times better ! its an Assassins Creed game first and for most with Millions of pounds being invested in it , from what i have seen its going to be an awesome game and to be honest the choice between purchasing the two i know what the decision will be.

AC3 was an Assassin's Creed game too, with millions of dollars invested in it, and it sucked. Your argument is invalid.

"From what I have seen" aka meticulously edited trailers (consisting mostly of cut scenes and not actual gameplay) and doctored bullshots released by the marketing campaign.

You already said you hate SMP so we already know which game you'd choose if given the choice. That doesn't take away from the fact that the two games are comparable.

Basically you've played one of the two games and hated it and have already formed an opinion on the other based purely on the advertising campaign. I don't think you're looking at this objectively.

catkiller97
04-07-2013, 01:41 PM
AC = Big budget AAA title :)

sexypro
04-07-2013, 01:53 PM
There are plenty of Pirates games. some suck some do not. Some are in 3d and some linear and still suck (pirates of carabean game). There are even some AAA pirates games, who remembers them?
As for a good pirate game it should be fun and it should give you a good feeling to play. or else it probably will suck too.

So, see Sid Meier's Pirates as a recipe for a good pirates game that have stuck in peoples memories. what did it give? Good feelings.
And yes, it would be fun to realy beat up the guard that harrasing the barmaid once and for all, literally

MasterAssasin84
04-07-2013, 02:00 PM
AC3 was an Assassin's Creed game too, with millions of dollars invested in it, and it sucked. Your argument is invalid.

"From what I have seen" aka meticulously edited trailers (consisting mostly of cut scenes and not actual gameplay) and doctored bullshots released by the marketing campaign.

You already said you hate SMP so we already know which game you'd choose if given the choice. That doesn't take away from the fact that the two games are comparable.

Basically you've played one of the two games and hated it and have already formed an opinion on the other based purely on the advertising campaign. I don't think you're looking at this objectively.

So your basicaly saying SMP is a better game all around than AC3 ? my argument is pretty much valid as Its an Assassins Creed game that has Pirate theme to it, IMO AC3 did not suck in actual fact i thought AC3 was one of the best instalments of the franchise.

I dont see how the games are comparable.

Assassin_M
04-07-2013, 03:06 PM

How do i know this ? does not take an expert work out the game is going to a million times better !
Seeing a lot of fancy opinions being thrown around as facts here...hmmm

Dosenwabe
04-07-2013, 03:29 PM
Raven's Cry would be the obvious rival of AC4, since it has the same approaches: Realistic depiction of historical pirate era, open world, carribean citys, sea battles,... And it's the same genre and is released only a week before Black Flag. I was excited when it was announced, but it looks ****ty.

MasterAssasin84
04-07-2013, 03:36 PM

Nice of you to Join the Party M lol !!

Sushiglutton
04-07-2013, 03:52 PM

You don't have to explicitly state that something is an opinion for it to be so. When Sixkeys says that AC3 sucks it's clearly his opinion (how could it not be?). There is no need to add "imo" since it's implicit.

Assassin_M
04-07-2013, 03:57 PM
You don't have to explicitly state that something is an opinion for it to be so. When Sixkeys says that AC3 sucks it's clearly his opinion (how could it not be?). There is no need to add "imo" since it's implicit.
actually, the entire context of his post removes the opinion part. His declaration that even though AC III had tons spent on but still sucked is obviously not intended to have been subjective. i don't go around to everyone saying "oh add imo at the end"

his post had nothing to do with subjectivity and I wont argue much with this, because if you did not see it, well I`v some bad news for you

Sushiglutton
04-07-2013, 03:58 PM
actually, the entire context of his post removes the opinion part. His declaration that even though AC III had tons spent on but still sucked is obviously not intended to have been subjective. i don't go around to everyone saying "oh add imo at the end"

his post had nothing to do with subjectivity and I wont argue much with this, because if you did not see it, well I`v some bad news for you

How can the statement: "Game X sucks" ever be objective?

Assassin_M
04-07-2013, 04:00 PM
How can the statement: "Game X sucks" ever be objective?
Like I said, I wont argue with it. my point stands

Sushiglutton
04-07-2013, 04:03 PM
Like I said, I wont argue with it. my point stands

Your point is that Sixkeys needs to explicitly state that a statement that can never ever be objective is indeed subjective....:nonchalance:

SixKeys
04-07-2013, 04:04 PM
So your basicaly saying SMP is a better game all around than AC3 ? my argument is pretty much valid as Its an Assassins Creed game that has Pirate theme to it, IMO AC3 did not suck in actual fact i thought AC3 was one of the best instalments of the franchise.

I dont see how the games are comparable.

I already pointed out how the two games are comparable. If you choose to ignore those points of comparison, that's up to you.
And yes, in my opinion SMP is a better game than AC3.

Aren't you the guy who keeps posting stuff like "Ezio sucks" in every character poll?

Assassin_M
04-07-2013, 04:07 PM
Aren't you the guy who keeps posting stuff like "Ezio sucks" in every character poll?
Yup

SixKeys
04-07-2013, 04:10 PM
And you believe that is an objective fact, not an opinion?

MasterAssasin84
04-07-2013, 04:11 PM
I already pointed out how the two games are comparable. If you choose to ignore those points of comparison, that's up to you.
And yes, in my opinion SMP is a better game than AC3.

I dont see because its a Pirate theme game that the 2 are comparable ! its an Assassins Creed game

Assassin_M
04-07-2013, 04:12 PM
And you believe that is an objective fact, not an opinion?
Of course it`s an opinion

(btw, I know what you`re trying to get at...i`m just squeezing out everything you want to throw)

SixKeys
04-07-2013, 04:13 PM
I dont see because its a Pirate theme game that the 2 are comparable ! its an Assassins Creed game

I KNOW it's an Assassin's Creed game. It's an AC game where half the features were lifted from SMP. How is this so difficult to understand?

Megas_Doux
04-07-2013, 10:06 PM
I will state my opinion as a fact and say that Brotherhood was a decent at best Assassins Creed game, based on a pretty cartoonish and linear story full of cartoonish and linear antagonists and thus., pleasing "simple minds" in the process....
Set on very dull atmosphere, almost pale color scheme. An too easy to be true combat in which, literally, you could fail at being killed.....

PD Talking about cartoonish....VITORIA AGLI ASSISSINI, anyone???? Worst moment in the entire series........

ProletariatPleb
04-07-2013, 10:15 PM
But AC3 does suck, ofcourse us fanboys are going to eat it all up but other than that most people did not like it at all and after taking off my fanboy glasses even I don't like it.

Megas_Doux
04-07-2013, 10:20 PM
Nah!

AC3 might have failed to live up to its HUGE expectations, even I a huge fan of the game accept that, but I think is far from being suckish..,,,,

ProletariatPleb
04-07-2013, 10:39 PM
Nah!

AC3 might have failed to live up to its HUGE expectations, even I a huge fan of the game accept that, but I think is far from being suckish..,,,,
Well maybe we looked forward to different things, I wanted a good story and non-linear missions I didn't get that, therefore I don't like it but I wasn't talking about myself here, I was talking about what other people thought of it.

http://puu.sh/2vSz3

and then we have AC3

http://puu.sh/2tCRf

Megas_Doux
04-07-2013, 11:02 PM
A matter of perspectives, I guess.

I liked AC3īs story......It has the gray area long lost since AC1, more plot twists than ever before, one that is probably the best written character in the series - Haytham-......However I do think its mission design to be a failure.......But I guess you also agree, based on the scores, that ACB is the second best game in the series, and how come not???? Its story is great!!!! You do not know what comes next in terms of its plot!!!! The acting is stunning, Cesare Borgia is a great antagonist, and it even has the true warcry in the series:

"VITORIA AGLI ASSASSINI"
wow!!!!!

And the almighty AC1 -which it happens to be my second favorite in the series- is not ranked 95, 90 or 85, but 7.5 instead, only 0.3 points forward of AC3 on playstation, seems that is not THAT good as you BLIND FANBOYS say:rolleyes:
Oh wait.....

ProletariatPleb
04-07-2013, 11:04 PM
A matter of perspectives, I guess.

I liked AC3īs story......It has the gray area long lost since AC1, more plot twists than ever before, one that is probably the best written character in the series - Haytham-......However I do think its mission design to be a failure.......But I guess you also agree, based on the scores, that ACB is the second best game in the series, and how come not???? Its story is great!!!! You do not know what comes next in terms of its plot!!!! The acting is stunning, Cesare Borgia is a great antagonist, and it even has the true warcry in the series:

"VITORIA AGLI ASSASSINI"
wow!!!!!

Oh wait......
As I specifically said before the pics - I'm not talking about myself but what people in general thought.

Yeah the grey morality was back and...idk about plot twists only the Haytham templar thingy comes to mind which actually mattered. I found the story for AC3 to be..flat, with no highpoints.

Regardless of that, let's not derail this topic.

I think My Meier's Pirates is an excellent game and if anything Ubi probably looked to it for inspiration.

Megas_Doux
04-07-2013, 11:08 PM
As I specifically said before the pics - I'm not talking about myself but what people in general thought.

Yeah the grey morality was back and...idk about plot twists only the Haytham templar thingy comes to mind which actually mattered. I found the story for AC3 to be..flat, with no highpoints.

Regardless of that, let's not derail this topic.

SPOILERS!!!!

So, Connorīs village being burned by that individual, instead of the ones the game made you believe "not mattered" ..... There is no worst blind than the one that does not want to see, it seems.

Post from a cellphone is a nuisance!!!!!

YOUR almighty AC1 -which happens to be my second favorite in the series- is not ranked 95, 90 or 85, but 7.5 instead, only 0.3 points forward of AC3 on playstation, seems that is not THAT good as you BLIND FANBOYS say
Oh wait.....

And yes, that sid meier game is good....

ProletariatPleb
04-07-2013, 11:24 PM
So, Connorīs village being burned by that individual, instead of the ones the game made you believe "not mattered" ..... There is no worst blind than the one that does not want to see, it seems.
Well it was a surprise but then you remember that they have to take care of history so Connor won't do anything about it to said person.

JamJar502
04-07-2013, 11:26 PM
I seem to remember seeing a video (possibly by gameinformer) where the devs said they looked to games like Wind Waker and Sid Meier's Pirates for inspiration.

montagemik
04-08-2013, 09:13 AM
I KNOW it's an Assassin's Creed game. It's an AC game where half the features were lifted from SMP. How is this so difficult to understand?

And half the other features are lifted from Tenchu ............. Doesn't leave much room for AC does it ?

AjinkyaParuleka
04-08-2013, 12:59 PM
I bet ****ty optimization led to low rating of ACIII.

sexypro
04-08-2013, 07:35 PM
Risen 2 is another Pirate game. not many know about it but its in 3d and pretty crapy. There might be more stuff from SMP that will be in AC4 that we dont know of yet.
Obviously the second wife will be in be AC4 but Edward doesn't know it yet. that makes him free to date who ever he wants ;)

I have a feeling captain Edwards notebook will have something to do with the story? why would it then be lost? In SMP it was the family that was lost and then found.

ProletariatPleb
04-08-2013, 07:41 PM
Risen 2 is another Pirate game. not many know about it but its in 3d and pretty crapy. There might be more stuff from SMP that will be in AC4 that we dont know of yet.
Obviously the second wife will be in be AC4 but Edward doesn't know it yet. that makes him free to date who ever he wants ;)

I have a feeling captain Edwards notebook will have something to do with the story? why would it then be lost? In SMP it was the family that was lost and then found.
Risen 2 was horrible, I thought it would be good seeing as the first game was awesome.