PDA

View Full Version : What If, in Black Flag

Jack_Pirate
04-07-2013, 02:36 AM
Saw this on tumblr

"What if instead of notoriety in Black Flag, there is just a bounty.
and it never lessens or goes away. only grows."

nitres15
04-07-2013, 02:55 AM
like in red dead ? Sure, iŽd like that.

Bashilir
04-07-2013, 04:45 AM
I like it. More bounty, more guards around in the city? Maybe even Bounty Hunters..

SaibotMK
04-07-2013, 04:47 AM
Yea that would be nice, along with pirate hunters that come after you, but will see

ProletariatPleb
04-07-2013, 04:57 AM
Interesting idea...

Jack_Pirate
04-07-2013, 04:58 AM
or maybe even individual bounty's for each city, and if it gets high enough, the authorities will send out fleets to track you down and attack you at random

ProletariatPleb
04-07-2013, 05:02 AM
or maybe even individual bounty's for each city, and if it gets high enough, the authorities will send out fleets to track you down and attack you at random
I think if we had a bounty system, it's a safe bet that there will be bounty hunters that might try to chase us in the seas as well as land.

SaibotMK
04-07-2013, 05:06 AM
I think if we had a bounty system, it's a safe bet that there will be bounty hunters that might try to chase us in the seas as well as land.

I would scream like a little fat girl if bounty hunters came at me at sea and pursued on land or in a city seamlessly.

ProletariatPleb
04-07-2013, 05:14 AM
I would scream like a little fat girl if bounty hunters came at me at sea and pursued on land or in a city seamlessly.
Hahhaha that was a good one, the seamless joke(pun intended).

AdamPearce
04-07-2013, 05:25 AM
That's a good idea but we would need something to take it down, cause I already see myself raging over the game because I can't walk in the streets without having to fight with guards every two corners. And the bounty hunters is a great idea, but he haves to be a danger, not a ****ty normal guard like AC2, but the strongest enemy in the game. So when you have a bounty hunter up your a s s, you're anxious, like in real life I guess.

SaibotMK
04-07-2013, 05:39 AM
That's a good idea but we would need something to take it down, cause I already see myself raging over the game because I can't walk in the streets without having to fight with guards every two corners. And the bounty hunters is a great idea, but he haves to be a danger, not a ****ty normal guard like AC2, but the strongest enemy in the game. So when you have a bounty hunter up your a s s, you're anxious, like in real life I guess.

Yea this and for the first time they could add some kind of difficulty option in a AC game, anything would be nice. I think that in the case of bounty hunters, it would be a pretty random encounter that you may not just be ready for. Like your on a island swimming back to your ship and your ship is already being fired upon by hunters, a "are you ****ting me?" situation.

I don't honestly see a difficulty option or difficult sword to sword fights in AC4 but will see. A dev did say "Good luck not using stealth in some parts of the game", which makes me hopeful combat will be more challenging. AC 3 has really cool looking combat but it is just far too easy, you know we are not playing Ninja Gaiden, but just a little challenge in combat can go a long way.

projectpat06
04-07-2013, 05:51 AM
This would be cool. Instead of the 3 tier notoriety system in AC3, make it a bounty that increases upon each crime that is committed and witnessed. They should have to where you can eliminate any witnesses say after you take over a ship. Along with the improved bounty system, I hope they work to eliminate the hive mind seen in past games. I also hope we don't automatically get stuck with a bounty or notoriety level like we did in the frontier of AC3. Any dumb limitations like that hinder the experience.

The biggest improvement I want to see are the factions actually battling it out. If we were wanted in Ac3, both the red coats and patriots were always more focused on Connor. I want to be able to come across random battles between the spanish, french, or brits and have the option to take sides without both factions attacking me. Or have the option to take them both out. Or have the option to just sneak on by. Options like this make the bounty system and the game better

ProletariatPleb
04-07-2013, 06:01 AM
I think they stated that the notoriety system from previous games has been done away with in AC4 didn't they?

EDIT: Yeah they did.

AjinkyaParuleka
04-07-2013, 06:44 AM
The biggest improvement I want to see are the factions actually battling it out. If we were wanted in Ac3, both the red coats and patriots were always more focused on Connor. I want to be able to come across random battles between the spanish, french, or brits and have the option to take sides without both factions attacking me. Or have the option to take them both out. Or have the option to just sneak on by. Options like this make the bounty system and the game better
That is actually cool,we can either have fun watching them fight or get in the fight itself.In AC3 and ACR enemy faction fought each other when they met....imagine this in a naval battle..epic.

pirate1802
04-07-2013, 06:47 AM

This is one thing I liked IMMENSELY in ACR. It was just so gratifying to watch the Ottomans and Byzantines battle it out, and me eating popcorn at a distance. To watch a simple skirmish between me and an eyewitness develop into a mega battle. :D

shobhit7777777
04-07-2013, 09:59 AM
I wouldn't mind having a bounty hunter be part of the main narrative TBH

Like a dude chasing Eddie

It would've been effing awesome if Haytham was the hunter...

I mean if we're going all out with the whole naval/pirate thing then might as well...

montagemik
04-07-2013, 10:10 AM
I wouldn't mind having a bounty hunter be part of the main narrative TBH

Like a dude chasing Eddie

It would've been effing awesome if Haytham was the hunter...

I mean if we're going all out with the whole naval/pirate thing then might as well...

Wouldn't Haytham be a little too young to be Hunting Edward ??

Moultonborough
04-07-2013, 10:31 AM
I would LOVE to see a Star Wars Easter egg.:cool:

AherasSTRG
04-07-2013, 11:03 AM
I do not really like the approach of bounty, I prefer the classic Notoriety thing. Or better, since this is an open world map, a sign that indicates the awareness of the guards that you are around that specific place.
I would also like the stabbers from AC:R to return.

SixKeys
04-07-2013, 12:42 PM
This is a great idea, actually. I do think there should be some way to get rid of your notoriety, but it should be harder than in previous games. Like in Red Dead where you need to acquire an official pardon, go to a bank and hand it in. It shouldn't be possible to pay your own bounty since AC has a history of giving the player more money than they'll ever need. Obtaining a pardon could only be done by performing special tasks like helping political allies. Maybe it could be a bit like the capes in AC2.

Here's my idea: you start off the game with no bounty. The more notorious actions you perform, the more bounty will be put on your head. Enemies will appear in greater numbers and there will be more elites, similar to AC3. If your notoriety gets really high, you would get bounty hunters coming after you, similar to the stalkers from ACR (and also at sea). You would not be able to pay the bounty yourself, you could only use an official pardon to wipe your slate clean. You can only carry one pardon at a time and you would get a new one only at the end of each sequence.

Instead of a 3-star system like in AC3 there should be more breathing space between levels of notoriety. Killing someone in a bar fight shouldn't instantly make bounty hunters come after you, it should only raise your bounty by 10 pounds (or some other fairly small amount). The more people you kill, the higher the bounty gets (first guard = 10 pounds, second guard = 20 pounds, third guard = 30 pounds, etc.). At the end of a slaughter party where you killed like 20 guards you would already have a hefty sum on your head.

How does this sound?

TheHumanTowel
04-07-2013, 12:46 PM
Instead of a 3-star system like in AC3 there should be more breathing space between levels of notoriety. Killing someone in a bar fight shouldn't instantly make bounty hunters come after you, it should only raise your bounty by 10 pounds (or some other fairly small amount). The more people you kill, the higher the bounty gets (first guard = 10 pounds, second guard = 20 pounds, third guard = 30 pounds, etc.). At the end of a slaughter party where you killed like 20 guards you would already have a hefty sum on your head.

How does this sound?
I really like the idea of the bounty scaling depending on who you kill and how many. Killing some sailor in a fight should only raise your bounty a small amount but after a major assassination of a well known figure your bounty should shoot up.

SixKeys
04-07-2013, 12:50 PM
I really like the idea of the bounty scaling depending on who you kill and how many. Killing some sailor in a fight should only raise your bounty a small amount but after a major assassination of a well known figure your bounty should shoot up.

Exactly. Similar to the Ezio games where if you shoot some random rooftop guard, your notoriety goes up a tiny amount but killing a Borgia messenger instantly makes you a wanted man.

Moultonborough
04-07-2013, 12:52 PM
If I remember right there is no notoriety system in ACIV. It's not like someone who blends in then kills like AC2-AC3. He's already a pirate and because of that already notorious. No need for it. Time it's gone already.

SixKeys
04-07-2013, 01:00 PM
If I remember right there is no notoriety system in ACIV. It's not like someone who blends in then kills like AC2-AC3. He's already a pirate and because of that already notorious. No need for it. Time it's gone already.

He's not only a pirate though, he's also an assassin. If he was notorious all the time just because he's a pirate, we couldn't have any blending or stealthy assassinations in the game at all. Even AC1 had a rudimentary notoriety system. Elite guards would always be more suspicious of you and the further you got in the game, the more archers and patrols would appear in the Kingdom.

pacmanate
04-07-2013, 04:36 PM
I like it, liked it in Red Dead, however what percentage of money would it get up to where you get detected fully though?

Say at 5000 currency it means that you will be ran after as soon as guards see you, then whats the point of it going above 5000?

It worked in Red Dead because you had random bounty hunters spawn according to bounty level. In AC you have guards though that are always present...

Moultonborough
04-07-2013, 04:44 PM
He's not only a pirate though, he's also an assassin. If he was notorious all the time just because he's a pirate, we couldn't have any blending or stealthy assassinations in the game at all. Even AC1 had a rudimentary notoriety system. Elite guards would always be more suspicious of you and the further you got in the game, the more archers and patrols would appear in the Kingdom.

After AC Altair started to hide the Assassins from the public eye. AC2 and AC:B the guards were controller solely by the Templar's. All the reason to have a notoriety system because of it. To the rest of the city Ezio was just someone freeing the city. Public didn't know about the war between them. AC3 only the Templar's knew who Connor was. The notoriety system was just based on his public kills. AC IV the public will not know what he really is. Being a pirate to them is enough to have notoriety. Makes it pointless. To normal people a pirate is a pirate. Good enough reason to watch out for him, no reason to build it up. By the way I HATED the AC notoriety system. Being forced to walk slow everywhere.

SixKeys
04-07-2013, 05:55 PM
I like it, liked it in Red Dead, however what percentage of money would it get up to where you get detected fully though?

Say at 5000 currency it means that you will be ran after as soon as guards see you, then whats the point of it going above 5000?

It worked in Red Dead because you had random bounty hunters spawn according to bounty level. In AC you have guards though that are always present...

Perhaps bounty hunters should be just one level below full notoriety. For example:

-Level 0 = No notoriety
-Level 1 = 1000 pounds; all guards will look at you and say stuff like "stay out of trouble, y'hear?" or "doesn't he look familiar?" but won't attack you unless provoked
-Level 2 = 2000 pounds; normal guards will look at you funny but still won't detect you, elite guards will start detecting you as soon as they see you
-Level 3 = 3000 pounds; random bounty hunters will appear in addition to level 2
-Level 4 = 4000 pounds; tons of guards everywhere, bounty hunters and elites, instant detection. If you get to this point it pretty much doesn't matter if the bounty goes over the limit or not, the only way you'll be able to get rid of it is with an official pardon or by waiting until the sequence ends.

Another possible option could be to travel someplace else where your notoriety is lower and chill out there for a given amount of time (several in-game days/weeks) until your notoriety in the other city has gone down a level. I'm not so sure this would be a good idea though as it might make the whole system too easy to circumvent.

pacmanate
04-07-2013, 06:00 PM
I think the chill out time won't work... easily exploited, just leave your console on when you go and have dinner or something. Also surely to decrease bounty wanted posters would still make a lot of sense. If there are no posters about the bounty, then no one will know!

ACTUALLY, now that I think about it, I want new ways to lower my notoriety, new FUN ways. If im honest, never visited a printer once in AC3 except for the tutorial one. Tearing down posters is getting a bit tedious now and so is killing officials. At least make the officials have guards or at least be VERY strong and good at fighting so its actually a tad of a challenge.

SixKeys
04-07-2013, 06:07 PM
I think the chill out time won't work... easily exploited, just leave your console on when you go and have dinner or something. Also surely to decrease bounty wanted posters would still make a lot of sense. If there are no posters about the bounty, then no one will know!

It never made sense to me why, when you ripped down one poster in one part of town, all the other ones would magically disappear. From a gameplay perspective it made sense, but realistically ripping down one poster obviously wouldn't make people all over the city forget the ones they saw plastered all over the place just moments ago. Red Dead didn't have wanted posters, you as the player just took for granted that the bounty hunters must have seen your name somewhere. I don't think posters are necessary in the game.

pacmanate
04-07-2013, 06:10 PM
OH MY GOD. Actually, how about instead of Wanted Posters it just goes full read dead. Just pay off the bounty. I think that would be very good, it would also make the economic system worthwhile. Just make money harder to get and make bounties go up pretty high. It was too easy to get money in past AC games (IMO anyway once you got rolling), so this could be a good way to put money to other uses.

pirate1802
04-07-2013, 06:23 PM

True that. And I loved how in the later portions of the game the guards called out your name and searched specifically for you. Those little touches..