PDA

View Full Version : Haytham's death was a weight on Connors shoulders !

MasterAssasin84
04-05-2013, 09:49 PM
I am going back to Forsaken the AC3 Novel and one paragraph which really stuck in my mind and was a clear indication that the relationship between father son was tragic and heartbreaking, Haytham wanted to reach out to Connor and be father to him and Connor was clearly haunted and riddled with guilt at what he had done for the good of the brotherhood ! this takes me back to what Ezio said to Shao Jun that the life of an Assassin is pain.

The Prologue indicates that the book is based on Connor reading his fathers journal about his life and this is what it read....

I never knew him. Not really i thought i had but it wasn't until i read his journal that i realized that i hadn't really known him at all !
and its too late now to late to tell him i misjudged him, to late to tell i am sorry.

This really shows that Connor was not as stoic as some made him out to be.

TinyTemplar
04-05-2013, 09:56 PM
Sad story. Just like Desmond's and Ezio's... and Altair's. There is no happy ending in this game :(

MasterAssasin84
04-05-2013, 10:02 PM
Sad story. Just like Desmond's and Ezio's... and Altair's. There is no happy ending in this game :(

I just thought Connor and Haytham's story was very touching and its the first Assassins Creed game that i felt that i could really relate to the lead protagonist !! the fact he lost his mother at a young age which technicaly left him orphaned as he never knew who his father was until later on and his mentor died which left him with no one !! and i really felt that both characters was trying to battle that lonely feeling.

Assassin_M
04-05-2013, 10:03 PM
I just thought Connor and Haytham's story was very touching and its the first Assassins Creed game that i felt that i could really relate to the lead protagonist !! the fact he lost his mother at a young age which technicaly left him orphaned as he never knew who his father was until later on and his mentor died which left him with no one !! and i really felt that both characters was trying to battle that lonely feeling.
Altair`s mother died during his birth, his father died at 11 and he had to kill his mentor at 25 :|

They all had ****ty lives....one way or another...

FirestarLuva
04-05-2013, 10:06 PM
Reading that part made me doubt whether Connor will quit the Brotherhood or not. But he made a promise to Achilles that he will make him proud so I guess he's bound to stay, even though he knows he'll never be able to escape personal tragedy. I find that rather sad. Very sad to be honest. Connor sacrifices the rest of his days for the brotherhood, for Achilles' sake, even though his scars will never be healed, nor will it help him forget the past. Selfless and strong as always. Is always happy for others but never for himself. Poor Connor. :'(
Also, here's something that you might find interesting.
After killing Haytham and before the assassination on Lee, if you go to the Manor basement you'll find the word "Sakataterihwáhten" written under Haytham's portrait which means “I forgave myself”, “I made a mistake”, “I’ve lost my way”, “shattered mind”.

VitaminsXYZ
04-05-2013, 10:08 PM
After killing Haytham and before the assassination on Lee, if you go to the Manor basement you'll find the word "Sakataterihwáhten" written under Haytham's portrait which means “I forgave myself”, “I made a mistake”, “I’ve lost my way”, “shattered mind”.

Yup, this right here:
http://25.media.tumblr.com/abc8420c367e717c3b9b7339a3442326/tumblr_mhz5eqfFFA1s4y6i6o1_500.jpg

"I made a mistake" seems to be the general consensus.

MasterAssasin84
04-05-2013, 10:09 PM
Reading that part made me doubt whether Connor will quit the Brotherhood or not. But he made a promise to Achilles that he will make him proud so I guess he's bound to stay, even though he knows he'll never be able to escape personal tragedy. I find that rather sad. Very sad to be honest. Connor sacrifices the rest of his days for the brotherhood, for Achilles' sake, even though his scars will never be healed, nor will it help him forget the past. Selfless and strong as always. Is always happy for others but never for himself. Poor Connor. :'(
Also, here's something that you might find interesting.

Well he does go back to the brotherhood making me think that we have not seen the last of him !!

MasterAssasin84
04-05-2013, 10:10 PM
Altair`s mother died during his birth, his father died at 11 and he had to kill his mentor at 25 :|

They all had ****ty lives....one way or another...

The sad thing is Connor and Haytham had the chance .

MasterAssasin84
04-05-2013, 10:11 PM
Yup, this right here:
http://25.media.tumblr.com/abc8420c367e717c3b9b7339a3442326/tumblr_mhz5eqfFFA1s4y6i6o1_500.jpg

"I made a mistake" seems to be the general consensus.

Written in Mohawk Right ?

FirestarLuva
04-05-2013, 10:12 PM
Well he does go back to the brotherhood making me think that we have not seen the last of him !!

And hopefully not of Haytham as well!
Even if there's a new game with Connor, I hope there are Christina like missions like in ACB. You know, so we can get more child Connor (Ziio), teenage Connor (Achilles) and adult Connor (Haytham). Or maybe even have Haytham, Achilles and Ziio as playable characters in those missions. Maybe even Edward.

MasterAssasin84
04-05-2013, 10:27 PM
And hopefully not of Haytham as well!
Even if there's a new game with Connor, I hope there are Christina like missions like in ACB. You know, so we can get more child Connor (Ziio), teenage Connor (Achilles) and adult Connor (Haytham). Or maybe even have Haytham, Achilles and Ziio as playable characters in those missions. Maybe even Edward.

I definately think that this is the last of Haytham unless DLC is released of his early years which are depicted in the novel ( which would be nice )

GamezAddict008
04-06-2013, 02:51 AM
I just don't get why they had to kill Haytham when Ubisoft wanted us to play as him for 3 sequences. I liked him, he's awesome, that's why i don't kill him anymore xD

Assassin_M
04-06-2013, 02:53 AM
I just don't get why they had to kill Haytham
Maybe it has something to do with him being a Templar and the protagonist being an Assassin

AdamPearce
04-06-2013, 03:40 AM
Maybe it has something to do with him being a Templar and the protagonist being an Assassin

Maybe, that's a good idea. ;D

I also want to add that the fight between Haytham & Connor is way better structured in the book that in the game. And the death of Haytham is also much much more better in the novel. And it's a realistic one, Haytham get hit, he lay down on a wall, speaks with COnnor, and then he dies...But instead, they made Haytham a hype machine that can hold on talking for one minute after beeing stabbed in the TROATH, ridiculous. And the way he dies also is unrealistic, like he didnt knew that Connor had not one, but TWO hidden blades and that he could stab him at any moment if he don't hold him...I really think Bowden should rewrite the script when it's done, not the dialogue and all, but the ''staging'' so we could have great sequences in the game.

projectpat06
04-06-2013, 03:44 AM
After thinking about it and replaying the scenes between Connor and Haytham, I honestly think we will see Haytham in the final chapter of the tyranny of king washington. From what we know from the book, Connor wishes he would have known his father better but it was too late. In this alternate universe, Haytham can still be alive just like Zio was. (makes me think of bioshock infinite) We know that the dlc is supposed to lead up to and tie into AC4 somehow. With the final chapter named "Redemption", I think we will see more than one redemption. One of them being the redemption between Connor and haytham. Connor could learn of haytham's past therefore discovering edward. the present day hacker now goes into edward's memories which brings us to AC4

guardian_titan
04-06-2013, 04:34 AM
It's very likely the original death scene for Haytham in the game did match up with the one in the book, but Adrian Hough (Haytham's VA) mentioned that when he and Noah were motion capping that scene that it just wasn't working for them. So it was altered until they felt better with it.

The interview with Adrian that mentions it: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9MDR0Oukl44. I don't recall WHERE in the interview it is unfortunately. I do remember that Adrian refers to the scene as the "roof scene" which is where it originally occurred in the book. Or rather closer to the book. Believe the original scene was on Fort George's battlements which I suppose can be considered a "roof". If I remember right, in the game it's on the ground (in the courtyard). So that hints to me that the scene was originally like the book. A shame it wasn't closer to the book, but I can understand changing it after hearing Adrian's reason for it.

The interview is certainly interesting to listen to, and I love that Adrian reads Haytham's final passage from the book. Too bad that's not in the game along with Connor's final passage. Those lines really shows that the two wanted to try to have a relationship, but fate decided otherwise. Would be curious to see how that effected Connor's relationship with his own child(ren). Wouldn't surprise me if he had attachment issues or constantly second guessed himself. He'd have to have a fairly level headed wife to counteract any misgivings and uncertainties he'd have. Such a shame Connor's not getting another game ... that we know of anyway. I bought a Vita just for Liberation (I own AC3 on the PC, though, so no Connor mission for me :() so if Connor got a Vita game, I'd likely pounce on it. I'd settle for a book or a movie, though. Too many loose ends that need resolving. :p

poptartz20
04-06-2013, 09:17 AM
I seriously hope Haytham does make an appearance in ep. 3 of the DLC. I'll be slightly disappointed if he doesn't. Considering the fact they have been saying that the ending will be satisfying. Also it would make sense considering if they decide to use Connor's final soliloquy. He mentions his father in it. So fingers crossed.

Overall, I love the story of the Kenway family. It has truly been a compelling one! with complex characters and can be related to. You can tell that they really did want to get to know each other but like stated before fate just wouldn't allow it. : / They had a chance that simply wasn't.