PDA

View Full Version : What curve ball do you think Ubisoft will throw at us in ACIV?

Jack_Pirate
04-05-2013, 09:03 PM
Similar to how Haytham was playable to us in AC3 and how innovative the naval combat was, what do you think will surprise gamers this time in AC4?

I have heard rumors that Haytham will be playable again, so possibly will we be playing as a young Haytham?

Assassin_M
04-05-2013, 09:06 PM
Connor, Aveline and Edward meet in a nexus of time...

ACfan443
04-05-2013, 09:13 PM
Edward's daughter turns against him and joins the Templar order, subsequently forcing Edward to kill her?

I haven't read Forsaken and I don't now how the dates and events line up, so this is purely an uneducated assumption :p

montagemik
04-05-2013, 09:26 PM
We begin the Game actually playing as Connor - Then Abstergo search further back into the kenway family history & we're replaying Edward's memories.

By the End of the game we find out we'll need to search through Haytham's history too to fully uncover what Abstergo is searching for............. = AC IV (insert new Sub name)

FirestarLuva
04-05-2013, 09:45 PM
We begin the Game actually playing as Connor - Then Abstergo search further back into the kenway family history & we're replaying Edward's memories.

I think that would be a very bad move. I mean, some Connor fans are still bitter that there's no new game with Connor announced. From a Connor fan's point of view, having Connor as the playable character at the very beginning, only to have him removed a sequence(s) later would be a slap in the face and I think in some way the game would be ruined or disappointing for them. Even if I love Connor, and that really happens to me in the game, I doubt I'd let it influence my enjoyment playing as Edward. But I would find it kind of nostalgic. It would be Ubi's little gift to Connor fans which gets taken away before they even receive it. I'd rather have Connor appear at the end and there to be a hint he might return again. :3

ACfan443
04-05-2013, 10:06 PM
I think that would be a very bad move. I mean, some Connor fans are still bitter that there's no new game with Connor announced. From a Connor fan's point of view, having Connor as the playable character at the very beginning, only to have him removed a sequence(s) later would be a slap in the face and I think in some way the game would be ruined or disappointing for them. Even if I love Connor, and that really happens to me in the game, I doubt I'd let it influence my enjoyment playing as Edward. But I would find it kind of nostalgic. It would be Ubi's little gift to Connor fans which gets taken away before they even receive it. I'd rather have Connor appear at the end and there to be a hint he might return again. :3

I agree, if they did that I'd be a little upset.
Also, I don't mean to be rude but that font makes your writing difficult to read :I

FirestarLuva
04-05-2013, 10:09 PM
I agree, if they did that I'd be a little upset.
Also, I don't mean to be rude but that font makes your writing difficult to read :I

Oh, sorry about that. :P

Jack_Pirate
04-05-2013, 11:41 PM
I honestly dont see how Connor could be a part of ACIV. Totally different time period

silvermercy
04-05-2013, 11:50 PM
Yes, if there was Connor I'd rather he appeared towards the end... Connor's kid(s) making an appearance would also be great.

As for surprises... hmm... It turns out Edward is a Templar, too. But Forsaken most probably forbids that.

ze_topazio
04-06-2013, 01:28 AM
Edward is after John Lee.

I-Like-Pie45
04-06-2013, 02:48 AM
We play as Edward for only 1/3rd of the 60hr game, we spend the other 2/3rd playing as Connor who has been transformed into a mentally unstable cyborg ninja (cuz ToKW broke him) so everybody who hated him in AC3 suddenly likes him cuz cyborg ninja so badass.

ze_topazio
04-06-2013, 03:00 AM
That worked for Raiden.

Poodle_of_Doom
04-06-2013, 03:58 AM
Game starts out with Desmond standing up, now mentally inhabited by Juno. Desmond/Juno is taken back by the fact consciousness transferal, and takes a moment to appreciate the new tactile sensations coming in from all around her. At this point, Desmond/Juno takes one deep breath, looking down at their hands. William and company come in from the front of the cave, William in the lead. William is surprised, almost shocked, to see his son consciouss again. Approaching him, placing a single hand on his sholder, Desmond/Juno strikes him with the hidden blade still attached to Desmonds hand. At the sight of this Rebecca turns to run, as Desmond/Juno lashes out against Shaun. At this point, the facility is infiltrated by Abstergo Agents. Gun shots are heard, and an all clear is given. Desmond/Juno are witnessed to be dead (definitively this time), along with Rebecca. At this point, you awake from an entirely new animus, gasping from air, claiming you can't go on, that he's dead. That you didn't see where it went.

Cue start to a new chapter, with a new protagonist, and a fresh start with our already familar antagonists. How's that for a start?

pirate1802
04-06-2013, 04:25 AM
Game starts out with Desmond standing up, now mentally inhabited by Juno. Desmond/Juno is taken back by the fact consciousness transferal, and takes a moment to appreciate the new tactile sensations coming in from all around her. At this point, Desmond/Juno takes one deep breath, looking down at their hands. William and company come in from the front of the cave, William in the lead. William is surprised, almost shocked, to see his son consciouss again. Approaching him, placing a single hand on his sholder, Desmond/Juno strikes him with the hidden blade still attached to Desmonds hand. At the sight of this Rebecca turns to run, as Desmond/Juno lashes out against Shaun. At this point, the facility is infiltrated by Abstergo Agents. Gun shots are heard, and an all clear is given. Desmond/Juno are witnessed to be dead (definitively this time), along with Rebecca. At this point, you awake from an entirely new animus, gasping from air, claiming you can't go on, that he's dead. That you didn't see where it went.

Cue start to a new chapter, with a new protagonist, and a fresh start with our already familar antagonists. How's that for a start?

Bad.

AC IV wouldn't feature any new modern protagonist anyway.

GunnarGunderson
04-06-2013, 04:38 AM
Edward sees a vision of the future where his son is killed by his grandson

I-Like-Pie45
04-06-2013, 04:41 AM
Someone hand Pirate his rotten tuna.

sajber00
04-06-2013, 06:40 AM

That's a really good start.
Before I remember this will never be a start.

roostersrule2
04-06-2013, 07:03 AM
Bad.

AC IV wouldn't feature any new modern protagonist anyway.Swordfish is at the ready.

shobhit7777777
04-06-2013, 07:34 AM
That its actually good....

ArabianFrost
04-06-2013, 08:49 AM
Rebecca, William and Shaun come storming in to get you for some unknown reason.

Legendz54
04-06-2013, 09:01 AM
Rebecca, William and Shaun come storming in to get you for some unknown reason.

i was going to post this :D I want to see Alan rikkin too, give us a good follow up on Juno and Otso berg.

RinoTheBouncer
04-06-2013, 09:38 AM
Perhaps some cameos of Connor and/or Haytham that will show up one way or another, be it the P.O.E. or just an epilogue to the story. I think they might reference Altair since he was mentioned to have greeted the Pirates in Cyprus in the novel of The Secret Crusade.

pirate1802
04-06-2013, 11:07 AM
Swordfish is at the ready.

Wait for my signal...

GO!

pacmanate
04-06-2013, 11:24 AM
Hoping they stick with one protagonist this time. They can't handle two which was evident in AC3.

pirate1802
04-06-2013, 11:34 AM
Hoping they stick with one protagonist this time. They can't handle two which was evident in AC3.

The handles 2 pretty well in ACR IMO.

montagemik
04-06-2013, 01:40 PM
I honestly dont see how Connor could be a part of ACIV. Totally different time period

Connor's memories are eventually synced with the Animus Cloud in AC3 - I Didn't suggest we play as Connor in 1715 time period did i ?

Would seem kind of appropriate to begin AC4 sifting through Connor's memories at Abstergo , but quickly realise we need to search further back into the Kenway history .........So that's when we begin playing as Edward .
By the end of AC4 or in the next game we begin playing as Haytham .

So in all 3 games , AC3 - AC4 & AC Next - We could eventually come full circle with the Kenway family in connected trilogy, ...........
AC3 We begin as Haytham - then switch to Connor , AC4 we continue as Connor - then switch to Edward , AC Next - we continue as Edward , get killed - Then we switch to playing through Haytham's life............. Which brings Haytham's story back to AC3 events.

Everbody is hyped about playing as Edward the Pirate ..........So i'd say any small part where we played as Connor in AC4 would be like a NOD to connor's supporters - wouldn't harm Edward's story at all , neither would it rule out any future AC games featuring Connor.

EzioAssassin51
04-06-2013, 02:29 PM

Really? Why do you think they failed so much in AC3?

And I don't usually talk down people's ideas but that beginning with Desmond killing everyone is just ew. Like everyone just dies at the start? That's kind of pointless and what's going into Edwards memories to find where something that has been moved in present day that is impossible to find since Desmond is dead going to do to help them find the object?

Poodle_of_Doom
04-06-2013, 02:58 PM
Bad.

Why bad?

And I don't usually talk down people's ideas but that beginning with Desmond killing everyone is just ew. Like everyone just dies at the start? That's kind of pointless and what's going into Edwards memories to find where something that has been moved in present day that is impossible to find since Desmond is dead going to do to help them find the object?

Not really pointless. Desmonds already dead. The Templars have been taking out cells of Assassins for some time now. (Seriously, there's been three(?) cells in the last few games that we're aware of.) If nothing, it's consistent.

Will_Lucky
04-06-2013, 05:15 PM

Be fine by me, especially if it was his final sequence...

pirate1802
04-06-2013, 05:21 PM
Why bad?

Because of exactly this:

Not really pointless. Desmonds already dead. The Templars have been taking out cells of Assassins for some time now. (Seriously, there's been three(?) cells in the last few games that we're aware of.) If nothing, it's consistent.

Then what does it achieve exactly, apart from giving some eyegasm to Desmond fanboys and pointlessly kill off a bunch of characters? Desmond is done for, resurrecting his zombie won't serve any purpose especially since he dies, again, soon enough anyway.

I heaved a sigh of relief when Desmond croaked. I don't wanna endure his monumental amount of boring again, even if under the guise of being "possessed." I'll have tons of rotten fishes ready if it comes to that.

ProletariatPleb
04-06-2013, 05:23 PM
^Hear hear, Desmond was boooooooooooooooooooooooooooooring and the worst character in AC, I'm glad he died. Only fanboys like him, any sane person not blinded by fanboyism can see he's a useless and crap character.

Kaschra
04-06-2013, 05:30 PM
^Hear hear, Desmond was boooooooooooooooooooooooooooooring and the worst character in AC, I'm glad he died. Only fanboys like him, any sane person not blinded by fanboyism can see he's a useless and crap character.

Apparently I'm not sane, because I really like Desmond.
Having a different opinion from your own can't be tolerated, huh?

ProletariatPleb
04-06-2013, 05:32 PM
Apparently I'm not sane, because I really like Desmond.
Having a different opinion from your own can't be tolerated, huh?
'Sane' here meant not blind by fanboyism, lol.

pacmanate
04-06-2013, 08:17 PM

Well Haythams parts took up a good few sequences but took away from Connor. You only have 6 sequences as Connor as an Asssasin and the last scene is very VERY scripted.

SaibotMK
04-06-2013, 08:45 PM
I think you will just simply start out as Edward Kenway the pirate, on land somewhere if not in a port.

But yea far as a curve ball goes, they could definitely start the game out with anything, I think it would own face if you started the game out as Blackbeard himself freeing some pirates out of prison. Though I guess for it to be a curve ball Blackbeard would haft to end up being a Templar or something, oh imagine that.

pacmanate
04-06-2013, 10:48 PM
I hope we start in a bed scene, but with 2 men. Just to kill the womanising. :P

Jack_Pirate
04-06-2013, 11:03 PM
I hope we start in a bed scene, but with 2 men. Just to kill the womanising. :P

If this happens I am returning the game

pacmanate
04-06-2013, 11:06 PM
If this happens I am returning the game

http://memecrunch.com/meme/9J8U/hue/image.png

Legendz54
04-06-2013, 11:41 PM

He had potential, but his story, although executed poorly was not boring to me, Subject 16, Lucy and the mystery of TWCB did a good job of keeping me interested. I think they should of invested more time to make him more likeable, give him cooler missions, open him up a bit more etc, they should of finished what they started.

ACfan443
04-06-2013, 11:49 PM
He had potential, but his story, although executed poorly was not boring to me, Subject 16, Lucy and the mystery of TWCB did a good job of keeping me interested. I think they should of invested more time to make him more likeable, give him cooler missions, open him up a bit more etc, they should of finished what they started.

This!

ProletariatPleb
04-06-2013, 11:52 PM
Precisely, but since that didn't happen I cannot say that he even had a personality. They completely messed up that storyline.

Desmond's character:
a) Sit in the animus.
b) Take orders from others and get punched by dad.
c) Die

TheHumanTowel
04-07-2013, 12:32 AM
Exactly. They should have had the guts to follow through on the promise and do all their set-up for the present day justice. Instead they let themselves be influenced by idiot fans crying that the modern day is unnecessary and completely screwed it over after ACB. I'd almost rather have them do away with it than get more half-hearted no effort crap like in AC3. Everything modern day from AC1 to ACB was great imo and then it just spectacularly drops in quality.

joey-4321_web
04-07-2013, 01:46 AM

I will slap you with a rotten fish.
Seriously I have aLOT of rotten fish.
Some weirdo keeps trying slap me with them.

Anyway he was boring to you but very entertaining to me,I looked forward to his parts. I loved his personality, his character ,and his story arc especially in revelations where you go into his memories which were a nice challenging gameplay change from all the stabbing.

Oh man i already know the what your response will be like

HAHAHAHAHA LMAO You ****** Desmond was BOOOOORING

That's what your response will be like. Although since I added this your probably gonna post some thing different to stay on the high horse. If you post at all.

Get of that high horse, your opinion is no better then mine or anybody elses.

ProletariatPleb
04-07-2013, 03:27 AM
Get of that high horse, your opinion is no better then mine or anybody elses.
The high horse of standards&truth cannot be dismounted.

I loved his personality, his character ,and his story arc especially in revelations where you go into his memories which were a nice challenging gameplay change from all the stabbing.
http://i.imgur.com/sLgMCj2.jpg

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ztVMib1T4T4

Legendz54
04-07-2013, 03:41 AM
Exactly. They should have had the guts to follow through on the promise and do all their set-up for the present day justice. Instead they let themselves be influenced by idiot fans crying that the modern day is unnecessary and completely screwed it over after ACB. I'd almost rather have them do away with it than get more half-hearted no effort crap like in AC3. Everything modern day from AC1 to ACB was great imo and then it just spectacularly drops in quality.

Its a shame Desmonds story does not fit in to what Ubisoft had planned, Assassins creed wont stop until they have visited all the locations they want to go and its obvious they cant stretch out Desmond for that many games, so they killed him off, I was honestly expecting a massive infiltration of Abstergo and Desmonds epic last mission to stop the satellite launch. Oh well....

ProletariatPleb
04-07-2013, 03:51 AM
Its a shame Desmonds story does not fit in to what Ubisoft had planned, Assassins creed wont stop until they have visited all the locations they want to go and its obvious they cant stretch out Desmond for that many games, so they killed him off, I was honestly expecting a massive infiltration of Abstergo and Desmonds epic last mission to stop the satellite launch. Oh well....
They tried to make Desmond an action hero and failed. They should've either rolled with what hey thought earlier or completely go full-on with the action hero durr

Poodle_of_Doom
04-07-2013, 03:54 AM

This was what I was thinking....

Bashilir
04-07-2013, 04:44 AM
The high horse of standards&truth cannot be dismounted.

http://i.imgur.com/sLgMCj2.jpg

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ztVMib1T4T4
Oh how immature forumites get...

ProletariatPleb
04-07-2013, 04:54 AM
Oh how immature forumites get...
So you came into this thread to not talk about the topic being currently discussed, I see.

Jack_Pirate
04-07-2013, 05:11 AM
Back on topic

I think that something they might do is make the majority of the game from Edwards point of view. say like 70% of it. Then it might lead us up to his death and maybe Haytham would take over for the remaining portion. However, I would prefer it to be just Edward for this game. And seeing as how Ubisoft stated that we will be almost instantly submersed in the pirate lifestyle, i do not think that Connor will make an appearance. at least not in the beginning. and I honestly think it would be stretching it a little to have him as a role at all in this game seeing as how it is two different time periods. I think they may just save Connor for maybe a different entry in the series

montagemik
04-07-2013, 10:03 AM
Back on topic

I think that something they might do is make the majority of the game from Edwards point of view. say like 70% of it. Then it might lead us up to his death and maybe Haytham would take over for the remaining portion. However, I would prefer it to be just Edward for this game. And seeing as how Ubisoft stated that we will be almost instantly submersed in the pirate lifestyle, i do not think that Connor will make an appearance. at least not in the beginning. and I honestly think it would be stretching it a little to have him as a role at all in this game seeing as how it is two different time periods. I think they may just save Connor for maybe a different entry in the series

Fair enough - But i can't understand why you think 'Two different time periods' would be a problem. :confused:............
Ezio & Altair were Centuries apart in ACR - But Connor ,Edward , Haytham - All within 50 -100 years apart from each other .

I'm just trying to at least link the games together .....Beginning AC4 playing Connor's hacked memories - Then we're investigating his genetic line & replaying as Edward .
Because for me at least .......If AC4 begins it's story with some BS like . "" 6 MONTHS LATER "" instead of continuing directly from the events of AC3 finale -
THAT would be a dissapointing way to begin the story.

Poodle_of_Doom
04-07-2013, 06:21 PM
What would get me about it all is that if they're all 50 years apart, wouldn't you of thought they would have met up, or crossed each others paths somehow?

pacmanate
04-07-2013, 06:26 PM
What would get me about it all is that if they're all 50 years apart, wouldn't you of thought they would have met up, or crossed each others paths somehow?

Well Edward died when Haytham was 10 and Haytham and Connor met already.

pirate1802
04-07-2013, 07:05 PM
Fair enough - But i can't understand why you think 'Two different time periods' would be a problem. :confused:............
Ezio & Altair were Centuries apart in ACR - But Connor ,Edward , Haytham - All within 50 -100 years apart from each other .

I'm just trying to at least link the games together .....Beginning AC4 playing Connor's hacked memories - Then we're investigating his genetic line & replaying as Edward .
Because for me at least .......If AC4 begins it's story with some BS like . "" 6 MONTHS LATER "" instead of continuing directly from the events of AC3 finale -
THAT would be a dissapointing way to begin the story.

Well Darby did say that from now on the modern day story would mirror the current timeline, so in AC IV it would be 2013 as well. That in turn means.. significant gap between the games.

Poodle_of_Doom
04-07-2013, 09:33 PM
Well Darby did say that from now on the modern day story would mirror the current timeline, so in AC IV it would be 2013 as well. That in turn means.. significant gap between the games.

There would be a heck of a lot to explain considering the gap wouldn't there?

pacmanate
04-07-2013, 10:43 PM
There would be a heck of a lot to explain considering the gap wouldn't there?

That's odd. I know that AC3 was real events because of the whole 12.12.12 thing. But if AC4 is set in 2013, a whole year later in real time and game time, there will be a lot to explain. I mean, what has Juno done in this time, how has the world changed?

ACfan443
04-07-2013, 10:45 PM
That's odd. I know that AC3 was real events because of the whole 12.12.12 thing. But if AC4 is set in 2013, a whole year later in real time and game time, there will be a lot to explain. I mean, what has Juno done in this time, how has the world changed?

If I recall, it was said in an interview that AC:BF picks up where AC3 left off. So it could be the beginning of 2013.

AvK KiNgKoBrA
04-07-2013, 11:28 PM
Bad.

:eek: ****s Brick

Jack_Pirate
04-08-2013, 12:09 AM
It could start out where AC3 left off, and then we enter the animus and who knows how fast time actually goes while in the animus. voila we come out of the animus in 2013 Nov 1st

Poodle_of_Doom
04-08-2013, 03:23 AM
Doubt it. We'll be starting fresh, in the present. While in the Animus, we may still pick up where it left off. But it will be in the present.

montagemik
04-08-2013, 08:45 AM
If I recall, it was said in an interview that AC:BF picks up where AC3 left off. So it could be the beginning of 2013.

That's all i'm asking for - just a 'little' bit of direct continuity -
Carry on from where Connor syncs with Animus cloud ..............Do something as Connor (discuss Edward with Mr faulkner ? or something that mentions Edward & interests Abstergo) .
Then on 12-21-12 - The Abstergo Archives shut down, & Investigations began ..................... This could be where we're hired as a New Abstergo employee - A few training scenarios & narrative explanation of our JOB during these Archive investigations could then easily cover our first (seemingly normal) months or year at Abstergo . Then we begin playing as Edward.
(this whole thing could take only minutes .............wouldn't need hours as connor before Edward gameplay begins.)

If they bring it up to a current 'real time' Nov 1st 2013 date with something like that ^^ . Just don't begin the game in 2013 immediately.
After 5 games continuing directly from where the previous ended ....An instant '6-12 months later' Beginning would feel extremely cheap to me. .

pacmanate
04-08-2013, 08:46 AM
If the game opened with Connor, Connor fanboys would rage that there was not enough of him.

If anything, have a cutscene. But a proper one, not a badly encoded video. I'm looking at you TOKW.

ProletariatPleb
04-08-2013, 08:49 AM
If the game opened with Connor, Connor fanboys would rage that there was not enough of him.

If anything, have a cutscene. But a proper one, not a badly encoded video. I'm looking at you TOKW.
Wait so it looks crappy for you as well? LOL I thought we were suffering from low quality stuff because of the consoles. Then they really don't care at all.

Jack_Pirate
04-08-2013, 03:36 PM
That's all i'm asking for - just a 'little' bit of direct continuity -
Carry on from where Connor syncs with Animus cloud ..............Do something as Connor (discuss Edward with Mr faulkner ? or something that mentions Edward & interests Abstergo) .
Then on 12-21-12 - The Abstergo Archives shut down, & Investigations began ..................... This could be where we're hired as a New Abstergo employee - A few training scenarios & narrative explanation of our JOB during these Archive investigations could then easily cover our first (seemingly normal) months or year at Abstergo . Then we begin playing as Edward.
(this whole thing could take only minutes .............wouldn't need hours as connor before Edward gameplay begins.)

If they bring it up to a current 'real time' Nov 1st 2013 date with something like that ^^ . Just don't begin the game in 2013 immediately.
After 5 games continuing directly from where the previous ended ....An instant '6-12 months later' Beginning would feel extremely cheap to me. .

Nice. Do you happen to work for Ubisoft? lol

pacmanate
04-08-2013, 03:38 PM
Wait so it looks crappy for you as well? LOL I thought we were suffering from low quality stuff because of the consoles. Then they really don't care at all.

Ha, like honestly though. The clips are like what, 1 minute long? For it to be proper 720p that would be less than 80mb!

ProletariatPleb
04-08-2013, 05:00 PM
Ha, like honestly though. The clips are like what, 1 minute long? For it to be proper 720p that would be less than 80mb!
No I was serious, I thought it was because they just upscaled the 720p footage and that's why it looked meh but it really is that bad it seems.

joey-4321_web
04-11-2013, 06:05 AM
Surprise surprise you used the spider man video

Have the game take place over a whole year
From the aftermath of Desmond owning Abstergo to late 2013 no time jumps required.
Maybe since they're getting the memories from the cloud they have to decode that **** or some crap like that.
And they better show Juhani Otso Burg
He may have captured desmonds dad in AC3 but that was off screen

Poodle_of_Doom
04-11-2013, 06:56 AM
Surprise surprise you used the spider man video

Have the game take place over a whole year
From the aftermath of Desmond owning Abstergo to late 2013 no time jumps required.
Maybe since they're getting the memories from the cloud they have to decode that **** or some crap like that.
And they better show Juhani Otso Burg
He may have captured desmonds dad in AC3 but that was off screen

I've heard this mentioned a couple times now, and I have to ask at this point, as it doesn't make sense to me. What makes you think that they're taking it from the cloud? Wouldn't that mean we're playing as an Abstergo Agent? How do we know whether or not our new protagonist is good or bad?

Spider_Sith9
04-11-2013, 07:37 AM
Why are Abstergo Agents generic mooks? I mean Ubisoft needs to stop being afraid of making complex enemy types. If they can make GW a badass boss fight. Why did they make Daniel Cross a generic dude? It's like Ubisoft just don't care...

And Ubisoft said it takes place 1 year after AC3.

I've heard this mentioned a couple times now, and I have to ask at this point, as it doesn't make sense to me. What makes you think that they're taking it from the cloud? Wouldn't that mean we're playing as an Abstergo Agent? How do we know whether or not our new protagonist is good or bad?

The Protagonist is Neutral. He/She's just an Employee. Though, if you aren't an Assassin, I'm getting concerned how Ubisoft is straying away from the Assassins.

Poodle_of_Doom
04-11-2013, 05:35 PM
I'm concerned that they're straying to far from the Assassins myself. I'm worried that this won't be the right direction for the franchise.