PDA

View Full Version : Please get rid of the "stalker horse"

the_atm
04-05-2013, 01:24 AM
I'm sick of accidentally getting on a horse while free-running or going to the frontier and getting a horse automatically WHEN I DON'T WANT ONE than it follows me forever...

Can we please get a way to dismiss the stupid animals? It bothers me so much to be hunting than suddenly my stupid horse walks in front of the deer and takes my arrow than the deer gets away...

am I alone in this?

Rugterwyper32
04-05-2013, 01:27 AM
They should have something like the hitching posts in RDR, that would make things so much nicer

AssassinGame1
04-05-2013, 04:02 AM
You just have to get as far as away as you can from the ''stalker horse'' and it will go away.

poptartz20
04-05-2013, 04:35 AM
There have been a few times that "stalker horse" has caused me to be detected. : /

Ehh... but I feel that the mechanics of the horse should just be changed in general, they have basically been broken since brotherhood in my opinion. : |

Other than that I have no problem I guess.

Kirokill
04-05-2013, 08:07 AM
Yes, Horse mechanic sucks. They stop half a sec then jump on an obstacle which is ''WRONG''. Also there is the not only stalker horse the super stalking horse. He sticks at you and teleports to you no matter where you go on the map. You can't ride him. nor enemy's and he screws everything when it happens. As of the latest patch. I saw the horses you call only ealk and does not follow you like their in charm of you.

sajber00
04-05-2013, 08:27 AM
I like him. :(

pacmanate
04-05-2013, 01:35 PM
I like him. :(

Im gonna shoot it.

savill81
04-05-2013, 01:49 PM
I have an even more annoying problem with my game, every time, and i mean every time i go the the frontier Connor automatically whistles for the horse, every damn time, and then it follows me around like i have a carrot or a sugar cube about my person.

Assassin_M
04-05-2013, 01:51 PM
I have an even more annoying problem with my game, every time, and i mean every time i go the the frontier Connor automatically whistles for the horse, every damn time, and then it follows me around like i have a carrot or a sugar cube about my person.
that`s not a a problem, I mean it technically is, but it was intentional..the devs installed it in a patch. somehow, someone thought it was a great idea to have the horse follow you around the frontier everywhere

Locopells
04-05-2013, 02:10 PM
Jump off a cliff or something, I can lose it fairly easy... It actually helps not having to go into the menu and find the horse whistle, every time I need to manually travel from City A to Point B in the Frontier.

That said, I have had one follow me into a fort I was infiltrating...

savill81
04-05-2013, 02:29 PM
that`s not a a problem, I mean it technically is, but it was intentional..the devs installed it in a patch. somehow, someone thought it was a great idea to have the horse follow you around the frontier everywhere

You mean the automatic horse whistle was intentional? But i climb the trees, i never whistle for my horse, and here is me thinking that i was able to make these kinds of decisions for myself, silly me, i think i must have spent too much time swinging like a monkey through the trees.

sajber00
04-05-2013, 02:40 PM
Im gonna shoot it.

I feel offended. He has feelings, you know.

ACfan443
04-05-2013, 03:12 PM
They should have something like the hitching posts in RDR, that would make things so much nicer

They should just have horses like RDR :p

montagemik
04-05-2013, 04:24 PM
They should just have horses like RDR :p

Yeah - Connor has a Tomahawk & a Stupid Horse ............ In RDR that combination would result in a 'make your own Unicorn' incident. :D

CalgaryJay
04-05-2013, 04:32 PM
Ya...that dang horse ruined my stealth strategy in more than one fort attempt. I agree it was annoying.

Another thing I find a little silly with horses (and this isn't just an AC3 issue, it happens in all of them), is how a horse can't die. For example, if you're on horseback and you get swarmed by enemies, eventually your horse will keel over and "die", but will then instantaneously get right back up again. Is this due to some PETA issue or something? It's not a big deal obviously, just always found it a little corny.

In all the leaps and strides this game has made since AC1, horses don't seem to have changed at all since Altair's day. They could use some work for whenever they make an appearance in an AC game again.

Kirokill
04-05-2013, 04:34 PM
No horses were harmed in the making of these games

montagemik
04-05-2013, 04:46 PM
Ya...that dang horse ruined my stealth strategy in more than one fort attempt. I agree it was annoying.

Another thing I find a little silly with horses (and this isn't just an AC3 issue, it happens in all of them), is how a horse can't die. For example, if you're on horseback and you get swarmed by enemies, eventually your horse will keel over and "die", but will then instantaneously get right back up again. Is this due to some PETA issue or something? It's not a big deal obviously, just always found it a little corny.

In all the leaps and strides this game has made since AC1, horses don't seem to have changed at all since Altair's day. They could use some work for whenever they make an appearance in an AC game again.

Leaps & strides since AC1 ? .............. I think the games 'evolution' over 5 games has been more like Hops & Steps , & the horses were actually better in AC1

Kirokill
04-05-2013, 04:53 PM
Leaps & strides since AC1 ? .............. I think the games 'evolution' over 5 games has been more like Hops & Steps , & the horses were actually better in AC1

I believe (if I still remember) that AC1 horses jump over obstacles without stopping. And also I'm sure they were fast and relistic. unlike now, look there's a rock here *horse stops*
Horse: I can't cross that it will ruin my shoes!
I run everywhere instead of using a horse.

ze_topazio
04-05-2013, 05:02 PM
Sometimes i wish we could kill the horses like in RDR.

Locopells
04-05-2013, 06:25 PM
Yeah - Connor has a Tomahawk & a Stupid Horse ............ In RDR that combination would result in a 'make your own Unicorn' incident. :D

Wait - what?

I guess, it's a PETA thing. Even the ones you shoot with the machine gun in 'Outgunned' survive... The only horse the actually dies is the one you use at the end of ACB.

Abeonis
04-05-2013, 07:26 PM
Honestly, I'll be surprised if horses are even in the game, especially given the fact that it is so heavily focused on Naval combat. I suspect it will be a bit like Revelations where the existence of the equine species is, largely, ignored.

pacmanate
04-05-2013, 07:31 PM
I remember Connor was going to the toilet once and it followed me :|

tinrisky
04-05-2013, 07:57 PM
I rope dart the hoses they keep following me, when they run one direction,vI go the other

MasterAssasin84
04-05-2013, 09:51 PM
I'm sick of accidentally getting on a horse while free-running or going to the frontier and getting a horse automatically WHEN I DON'T WANT ONE than it follows me forever...

Can we please get a way to dismiss the stupid animals? It bothers me so much to be hunting than suddenly my stupid horse walks in front of the deer and takes my arrow than the deer gets away...

am I alone in this?

OMG this horse gets on my bloody tits !! i have even tried shooting the damn thing.