PDA

View Full Version : Which Assassins Story Did You Find Most Interesting??

littleblondedud1
04-04-2013, 09:17 PM
I'm Really Excited for AC Black Flag so i've been playing the assassin creed franchise from 1 to 3 and wonderd who had the best storyline i think it Ezio just because the expand his story more than the rest.

ProletariatPleb
04-04-2013, 09:19 PM
Altaïr's because of all the mystery.

ze_topazio
04-04-2013, 09:31 PM
AC1 has the best story but AC2 story is the most enjoyable.

DaPlayars
04-04-2013, 09:37 PM
Connors character felt a bit underused,Ezio is well...Ezio but Altair truly did have this great erie feeling about him and the way he changes his ways at the end of the 1. game is just awesome.
He was the purest Assassin.

r4inm4n1991
04-05-2013, 12:22 AM
In my opinion Connor had the best Story do far, it is much more deeper than the other ancestor's storys.
AC3 makes us question about both sides, Assassin's and Templars.
And Connor has a character is much more deeper, much more human in a way.

SixKeys
04-05-2013, 12:45 AM
Ezio's story in AC2 felt the most complete and had many layers. We saw him grow from an irresponsible teenager into a man who is ready to take responsibility for his actions. The ever-growing web of conspiracies was very interesting.

thecodeman715
04-05-2013, 12:48 AM
Ezio's story in AC2 felt the most complete and had many layers. We saw him grow from an irresponsible teenager into a man who is ready to take responsibility for his actions. The ever-growing web of conspiracies was very interesting.

Couldn't have said it better. AC2 had the best story. Period. End of Discussion. imo.
But, I also like Nikolai's Story in The Fall and The Chain.

FirestarLuva
04-05-2013, 01:12 AM
Connor's story, in my opinion. Most compelling, most tragic and Connor/Ratonhnhake:ton was a much more realistic and in-depth character.

Legendz54
04-05-2013, 05:28 AM
AC3's story i felt was the best, as it had more tension, and was more interesting to follow, from a happy child to a Killer hunting down the templars and the ones who burned his village.

I-Like-Pie45
04-05-2013, 05:42 AM
Everyone had an interesting story to follow, even the generic feel good revenge tale of Ezio.

Except for Desmond. That storyline just shot itself multiple times before lighting itself on fire in a pool of a ravenous crazed sharks thirsting for blood.

Megas_Doux
04-05-2013, 06:13 AM
Connor's story, in my opinion. Most compelling, most tragic and Connor/Ratonhnhake:ton was a much more realistic and in-depth character.

This!

My second favorite has to be an Auditore.............
Domenico Auditore!

sajber00
04-05-2013, 08:57 AM
AC3's story i felt was the best, as it had more tension, and was more interesting to follow, from a happy child to a Killer hunting down the templars and the ones who burned his village.

Did he kill G.W.?

Legendz54
04-05-2013, 09:04 AM
Did he kill G.W.?

No, but he was hunting down the ones he THOUGHT burned his village. which later we find out who really did, another one of my favourite parts of the story.

sajber00
04-05-2013, 09:05 AM
Fail level: 100.000 :P
(not you, Connor)

Legendz54
04-05-2013, 09:08 AM
Fail level: 100.000 :P
(not you, Connor)

how is it a fail..elaborate??

sajber00
04-05-2013, 09:11 AM
Killing some templars, because they "burned his village.".

And helps the man who burned his village.
If that's not a fail I'm santa.

Legendz54
04-05-2013, 09:16 AM
Killing some templars, because they "burned his village.".

And helps the man who burned his village.
If that's not a fail I'm santa.

Burning his village was only his "Encouragement" to join the Assassins the rest came naturally to him, he wanted to stop them for other reasons then burning his village. How could the poor guy know that G.W was the one who did it, He had every reason to believe the templars did it because the last thing he remembered was some templars choking him and asking where his village was.

sajber00
04-05-2013, 09:24 AM
I still think it's a fail. Like when you are going to assassinate Lee. I'm sure the templars wasn't so strong at the moment, so Lee wouldn't be a threat. But Connor still assassinates him because.... he burned... No.... Oh, he was mean to Connor as a kid. That's why Connor had been searching for Lee in 12 years.

Legendz54
04-05-2013, 09:29 AM
I still think it's a fail. Like when you are going to assassinate Lee. I'm sure the templars wasn't so strong at the moment, so Lee wouldn't be a threat. But Connor still assassinates him because.... he burned... No.... Oh, he was mean to Connor as a kid. That's why Connor had been searching for Lee in 12 years.

Lee would be a big threat, he was the last powerful templar, he had the amulet too, killing him would be ensuring he could not grow the order.

sajber00
04-05-2013, 09:37 AM
Lee would be a big threat, he was the last powerful templar, he had the amulet too, killing him would be ensuring he could not grow the order.
I'm not sure of that, the only templar who seemed to have great power was Haytam. Lee seemed to be a pawn in the game, just like Connor.
Edit:
And the amulet he could have just stolen.

VitaminsXYZ
04-05-2013, 09:44 AM
Did he kill G.W.?

Except, you know, history...

Does everyone forget that Lee was the one who manipulated Kanen'tó:kon into turning against Connor?
It's really not surprising that Connor's hatred for him only increased even more after that.

sajber00
04-05-2013, 09:49 AM
Except, you know, history...

Does everyone forget that Lee was the one who manipulated Kanen'tó:kon into turning against Connor?
It's really not surprising that Connor's hatred for him only increased even more after that.
Yeah, but he wrote that Connor killed the man who burned his village.
Ehm... Connor killed some of his allies/friends before that.

OSantaClownO
04-05-2013, 11:02 AM
Connor story was the greatest, however could've done better if not rushed.

Legendz54
04-05-2013, 11:55 AM
I'm not sure of that, the only templar who seemed to have great power was Haytam. Lee seemed to be a pawn in the game, just like Connor.
Edit:
And the amulet he could have just stolen.

Still, Connor made himself a goal to kill those specific people, the threat had to be eliminated, Assassins kill templars and Templars kill Assassins, Its a war, it is what they have been doing thousands of years even before Connor.

sajber00
04-05-2013, 12:04 PM
Still, Connor made himself a goal to kill those specific people, the threat had to be eliminated, Assassins kill templars and Templars kill Assassins, Its a war, it is what they have been doing thousands of years even before Connor.
http://assassinscreed.wikia.com/wiki/Charles_Lee
Read "Personality and characteristics". Lee wasn't a big threat. He wasn't even a good leader, he had been curled to the top. he couldn't recruit people as Ezio, Haytam and Connor.

Assassin_M
04-05-2013, 12:22 PM
The story I enjoyed the most and found most interesting would have to be Connor`s. I think all the Assassins had great stories, but when I choose who`s story I want to replay, It always ends up being Connor`s. The transition from Childhood to teenage to Adulthood is always a joy to watch, especially with Connor. when he`s a kid, he just wants to have fun and play. as a teen he`s learning and exploring. as an adult he`s finally a more willful and powerful young man.

the interactions between Connor and a lot of the characters he meets are mostly hilarious. The guy`s just a badass, although sequence 7 mostly shows him as a delivery boy for the Patriots, he grows out of that at the end of that sequence. FINALLY..

The subtle transformations of Connor are what make me play his story again, when I discover something new in him I always go "interesting..." Ezio`s transformations were just in the face. "I will take responsibility now ok ? ok ?" I didn't mind those, but I felt a better sense of accomplishment discovering Connor myself. I had to pay more attention. pinpoint when he grows out of ONLY protecting his village, understanding that ALL Templars must be killed in order for their influence to diminish no matter how small and harmless they seem, Fighting for the freedom of EVERYONE, including the whiteman`s that MAY end up stomping on his people, sacrificing his people to ensure the goal that his creed stands for...freedom and finally letting go of his revenge and sparing GW for that same reason....freedom.

I just want to make this whole GW case clear. When Ezio spared Rodrigo, everyone was "Oooooh Ezio grows out of Revenge...ohhhh he`s awesome" and whatnot, when Connor spares GW for a, imo, much more noble reason, everyone goes "Conneer you zo dumb..you did not kill GW, but kill lee ? you stupid and dumb" Well, what happened when Connor spared Johnson ?? He came back AGAIN even after Connor destroyed his finance and do not tell me the state of the Templars was different, Lee was going to depart to England and enlist the aid of the British Templars who are probably far more powerful right now. Connor had a choice. either kill GW fulfill your Revenge, strip the colonists of a leader AND have Lee replace him THEN kill him as well which would probably create a disaster OR spare GW so that the Patriots continue their fight for freedom and the Templars are denied leadership over the Patriot leaders...

I`v had this tired argument over a hundred times at College...

sajber00
04-05-2013, 12:26 PM
Do you talk about games... At college?

Legendz54
04-05-2013, 12:29 PM
http://assassinscreed.wikia.com/wiki/Charles_Lee
Read "Personality and characteristics". Lee wasn't a big threat. He wasn't even a good leader, he had been curled to the top. he couldn't recruit people as Ezio, Haytam and Connor.

Threat or not, Charles was second in command making him a valuable target, As i said Assassins kill Templars no matter what, even his Mentor said that all of them must be killed. Charles himself even said that he would burn Connors homestead and kill his people.

Assassin_M
04-05-2013, 12:29 PM
Do you talk about games... At college?
Game Design - Development Bachelors degree....yyyyyyyyup

Enhance89
04-05-2013, 03:25 PM
Overall, Altair, but they all had their positives/negatives. I feel we knew the least about Altair when we played as him, having learned about him when he was already a full-fledged Assassin. We experienced both Ezio and Connor long before they even knew what Assassin's were. In turn, the mystery that surrounded Altair and his story line was very intriguing, despite the lack of diverse gameplay. Ezio's story was the most fun, but he was also an annoying character in AC2 as he was very immature at times. And I think Connor's story had the potential to be great, but it plateaued at Sequence 7 and never really lived up to much.

ze_topazio
04-05-2013, 03:38 PM
I wouldn't mind a game with a younger Altair.

jenyto
04-05-2013, 03:43 PM
Game Design - Development Bachelors degree....yyyyyyyyup
http://www.soparticular.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/03/Slow-Clap.gif

XenorrK
04-06-2013, 03:49 AM
Only one here that ACTUALLY enjoyed Desmond's story? '-' Like, EVERYTHING we played in each game had a motive, and all were tied to Desmond. Desmond lived more than anyone ever (living one year of Altaïr + 53 years of Ezio + almost 20 years of Connor) and yet was the youngest assassin to ***SPOILERS*** die. Of course he had A HUGE TRUCK LOT of potencial to get a better story (never read the comics, but according to my friend, Daniel got a lot more of attention in one comic than Desmond in five games '-').
I'm not saying he's was my favorite, I liked the story as a whole, as each of these four assassins got their stories linked up by Desmond and the Animus.
Back to talking about Connor's, as everyone is, didn't you guys notice it has a LOT of parts that resemble Ezio's story (from AcII)?
First, the hero is young, he witnesses most of his family's murder (Ezio lost Federico, Giovanni and Petruccio, still having Maria and Claudia; Connor lost Ziio, still having the old woman (looked like he saw her as a grandma) and later Haytham).
Then, the character promises revenge against those he supposed were the responsibles (Uberto Alberti / Charles Lee). He later meets a certain Mentor (Mario Auditore / Achilles Davenport), who trains him to be an assassin. The character is really stubborn, but takes his assassinations seriously. He also makes a close bond to his mentor.
By the end, he finds out / reaches the ACTUAL responsible (Rodrigo Borgia / George Washington), but spares him. He now looks A LOT more mature than he was throughout most of the game. After interacting with a Piece of Eden, he talks to a woman from te First Civilization, who uses him as a "conduit for a message that eludes [his] understanding" (to help Desmond).
Now tell me: how is Ezio the cliché revengeful dude and Connor the well-made character? Ezio was a florentine noble, it's almost mandatory for him to be like that. But his story POST AcII, for me, was really awesome.

Assassin_M
04-06-2013, 06:17 AM
Now tell me: how is Ezio the cliché revengeful dude and Connor the well-made character? Ezio was a florentine noble, it's almost mandatory for him to be like that. But his story POST AcII, for me, was really awesome.
Connor and Ezio`s stories are waaaay different from what you described. your comparisons are like, "Sam walked to the car and so did Jennifer" "Sam had lunch and so did Jennifer"

Connor`s and Ezio`s tales of revenge ARE generally revenge, but it`s different. Connor`s revenge was not as personal as Ezio`s. Ezio experienced betrayal first and everything on his mind was revenge. Connor ? It was not really personal with Lee and it was not even Lee who did it. Connor`s motivation was not just revenge either. It was revenge, justice and protecting his people.

Connor spared GW, because he did not want Lee to take leadership of the Patriots. Ezio spared Rodrigo, because he was "done"

Like I said, very different tales with similar outlines

RinoTheBouncer
04-06-2013, 09:40 AM
ACII was the most interesting because you actually start to see what the first AC was all about. AC1 also had a great story and Revelations was perfect by all means. But story-wise, it's ACII. You just start the game and you want to know why this?, why that? and in the end you do get some answers not to mention it being a story that spans over decades not just a year or two.

MasterAssasin84
04-06-2013, 12:52 PM
Asssassins Creed 3 hands down !!