PDA

View Full Version : In future are you ready for reboot?

catkiller97
04-04-2013, 04:49 PM
My question is simple if in future ubisoft want to reboot the franchise will we accept and welcome the reboot?

Assassin_M
04-04-2013, 04:51 PM
I don't think they care..

Bullet747
04-04-2013, 04:57 PM
Not a problem with me.

catkiller97
04-04-2013, 04:59 PM
if the series go back to its roots i will welcome it.. :)

ACfan443
04-04-2013, 05:07 PM
If it goes right back to its roots, scraps the unnecessary filler and fluff, focuses on core gameplay etc then I'm all for it. Not here for naval or herding pigs...

dxsxhxcx
04-04-2013, 05:15 PM
if the series go back to its roots i will welcome it.. :)

I think the closest we'll get from that is have something similar to what we had in AC2, each new game they release makes hard for me to believe that what we have now "evolved" from AC1

silvermercy
04-04-2013, 05:21 PM
It depends by what you mean by reboot. The latest Tomb Raider was a reboot and it was a success. But a few years had passed since the last TR game.

ze_topazio
04-04-2013, 05:21 PM
As long as they don't make it an abomination like DmC.

pirate1802
04-04-2013, 05:41 PM
Well yeah smilvermercy it doesn't make much sense to just push out yearly games and then call one of them a REBOOT right? Reboots generally have some inactive years before it. But I think that's exactly what Ubi is gonna do.

ProletariatPleb
04-04-2013, 05:43 PM
http://images5.fanpop.com/image/photos/31500000/My-Body-is-Ready-random-31574400-320-319.png

montagemik
04-04-2013, 06:03 PM
To me Reboot = 'We've run out of ideas or we've completely ruined the series already' .

ProletariatPleb
04-04-2013, 06:06 PM
To me Reboot = 'We've run out of ideas or we've completely ruined the series already' .
For me it's the latter.

Farlander1991
04-04-2013, 06:07 PM
I kinda doubt there will ever be a reboot. I mean, the concept of the series basically provides a reasonable explanation for a huge amount of settings and stories. A period of inactivity is bound to come sooner or later, but I think it will be followed by a sequel rather than a reboot (plus it's not like a game with refocused mechanics and everything has got to be necessarily a reboot).

dxsxhxcx
04-04-2013, 06:19 PM

or

we've run out of ideas AND we've completely ruined the series. (that IMO is what will happen with AC if they don't stop with the yearly releases)

silvermercy
04-04-2013, 06:27 PM
Reboot feels more like a prequel to me...

Alternatively, it could mean ancient times perhaps, different protagonists and locations obviously, as well as an ancient order of Assassins working against a totally different group (completely irrelevant to Templars or their ancestors). It would be a separate branch of assassins with a different back-story. If they chose a First Civilization again, they might do so differently, too, by, say, removing any sci-fi elements. Personally I'd remove the First Civilisation and focus on something else. The Apple would be gone, too. They could focus on a different kind of ancient knowledge with or without artifacts.

ArabianFrost
04-04-2013, 06:36 PM
I'd imagine the game would go on hiatus first, before they have any sort of reboot. For me, No. The modern world story hasn't ended yet and it won't make any sense if they do it now. Wait for closure to the modern plot, 2-3 year hiatus then reboot the series all you want.

pacmanate
04-04-2013, 06:40 PM
How can you reboot assassins creed.

silvermercy
04-04-2013, 06:43 PM
How can you reboot assassins creed.
I personally press and hold the PS3 controller button. :P

But yeah... you can't reboot.

UrDeviant1
04-04-2013, 07:27 PM
I don't think they care..

This.

Sushiglutton
04-04-2013, 07:30 PM
First I'm hoping that the Kenway trilogoy (?) will turn out well after it's underwhelming first act. Then in 2015 it's time to maybe think about some kind of reboot.

dxsxhxcx
04-04-2013, 10:05 PM
First I'm hoping that the Kenway trilogoy (?) will turn out well after it's underwhelming first act. Then in 2015 it's time to maybe think about some kind of reboot.

they still need to tell us what happened after the events of AC3 in the modern days (how Juno will or not be stopped), at least I hope they are able to do this right since I doubt they'll be able to make justice to S16 after the mess they did in ACR...

SixKeys
04-04-2013, 11:14 PM

2015? Even that is too early. I really dislike it when game companies "reboot" a series that's barely peaked. Tomb Raider was a welcome exception because they did more with Lara's personality than they ever had previously. Most reboots just end up alienating the core fanbase instead of celebrating what made the original games so great.

No, I wouldn't want a reboot of AC. With the direction the series seems to be taking with the newer titles, I don't believe a reboot could ever bring back the purity of AC1. A reboot would be going after new fans and would likely be (even) more action-based than the current games.

Gi1t
04-04-2013, 11:37 PM
they still need to tell us what happened after the events of AC3 in the modern days (how Juno will or not be stopped), at least I hope they are able to do this right since I doubt they'll be able to make justice to S16 after the mess they did in ACR...

Sure they will. Just like they told us what happened after the Prince released the god of darkness....-__-

Really, though, it seems like a genuine possibility that we will be left hanging at some point, because they may be too scared to release a game that ties off the Desmond story arc completely, even though they could start tons of new story arcs within the AC universe. They'd probably be too worried that a new one wouldn't make as much money as the old one did. So they'll just keep looking for excuses to drag this arc out until it becomes bad enough that they'd be willing to risk a new story instead of a continuation. Really. Their track record with continuity has not been good lately, as per the example above.

Bashilir
04-05-2013, 12:05 AM
AC1 remake please?

dxsxhxcx
04-05-2013, 12:33 AM
Sure they will. Just like they told us what happened after the Prince released the god of darkness....-__- Really, though, it seems like a genuine possibility that we will be left hanging at some point, because they may be too scared to release a game that ties off the Desmond story arc completely, even though they could start tons of new story arcs within the AC universe. They'd probably be too worried that a new one wouldn't make as much money as the old one did. So they'll just keep looking for excuses to drag this arc out until it becomes bad enough that they'd be willing to risk a new story instead of a continuation. Really. Their track record with continuity has not been good lately, as per the example above.

IMO if they had followed the original plan to make AC (or at least Desmond arc) a trilogy and finish Desmond story as they should but had created a "window" in the last game that could make possible to continue from there without being too tied to Desmond arc (of course some things from the previous arc would still be present, but they wouldn't really be that relevant, they would just be there to make the universe richer), the modern day story wouldn't be the mess (that IMO) it is today and IMO AC would still be as enjoyable as it used to be during AC1/2, right now the only thing that make me continue playing the game is know how they'll stop Juno and especially discover about what S16 was talking about in ACB, they'll only make me play AC4 because I really enjoyed the naval system in AC3 and I want to see what kind of improvements they'll add to this system (even thinking it would be better used in a standalone game that has nothing to do with AC), but if in the next game (after AC4) we don't get the answers we are waiting for god knows how many years then I'm done with this franchise...

Soulid_Snake
04-05-2013, 02:16 AM
Sadly, when it gets there, it'll be the point of no return.

DavisP92
04-05-2013, 02:33 AM
If they were to do a reboot then the only way i'd be interested (gameplay wise) is if they do the X06 demo original vision.

1. One hit and you die (unguarded)

2. You have to escape the city after you kill the target

3. Physics that allow you to cut down barricades to block the road

4. White glow on target in eagle vision and that's it

With other improvements:

5. Upgrade system to the character: Parkour upgrades, combat upgrades.

- I don't want to play as a master assassin right when the game starts, I want to work up to it. And realistically you wouldn't me a master at all types of combat, so they should do a system that allows us to after each mission gain enough experience (rank up to train with a master) and learn a new skill. For instance, one gamer might want to learn how to duel wield swords while another may want to redirect attacks like Ezio did in the ACR CGI trailer.

6. Co-op

It needs to have the above system, and a customization system were we can change our outfits. Create an assassin (race, gender, and outfit), make it a skill based assassin selection though. Have three skills or four (3 or 4 player co-op), one skill could be archery (depends on the time), poison, and explosives. You can combine the skills with your friends, giving poison bombs, poison tipped arrows, and bomb arrows.

7. Improve AI, make the game harder!