PDA

View Full Version : Please dont put spiders in Might and Magic X :(

Allegrononmolto
04-04-2013, 09:17 AM
Hello

I do not know whether any spiders are going to be included in the game but I would like to appeal just in case.

I've been playing Might and Magic series since the 6th game, I've even loved IX. Unfortunately I am an arachnophobic and each time I see a spider it gives me the chills and I feel like assuming the position of a fetus and shivering. I dont like it. And unfortunately my phobia applies for the games too, it is really scary for me to encounter spiders especially in 1st person games.

I had to use texture altering mods prepared for arachnophobics (See, I am not alone!) to get rid of spiders in Skyrim and Dragon Age. The only way I could play Might and Magic 6 and 7 was avoiding places with spiders and using cheats to give me the quest items from the Abandoned Temple of Baa, so that I could proceed with the game. But it reduced the gaming experience and still didnt protect me from the fear of encountering them.

One might ask "Hey what if some other guys with fear of rats or gnolls or pixies or brunettes come and ask us not to include those in the game, then what are we left with?"... Well you would be right but first of all phobia of pixies is plain stupid and doesnt deserve respect at all and I am the first one to appeal for such thing so my demand deserves more consideration haha.

But seriously, people like me exist and I dont think lack of spiders would cause any to get detached from the game.

Yours sincerely, a Might and Magic fan.

frogsrule10
07-12-2013, 01:10 PM
Hold on a sec... I respect the fact that you don't like spiders but on what grounds should you take out the entire creature out of the entire GAME? Doesn't that feel just a little self centred? I mean you dislike spiders, I'm sorry, but other people (like me) really like them and the majority like killing them. I'd wager that less than 0.1%, no, less than 0.01% of the entire gaming community are so terrified of spiders that they don't want any in. Mate I understand your phobia but screwing the game up for the rest of us is totally unreasonable. Maybe a better alternative is to get to know spiders as one of the most important creatures in our ecosystem. You don't have to touch one, just catch him in a jar, put the jar upside down and look at him for a bit, then release him. I have actually helped many people to get over their fears of snakes, frogs, spiders and lizards (I keep all of the above as pets), and that's the method I use. Having the feeling of "protection" of the jar sepreating you with him is more profound than you think.
Hope you get over your phobia,
Frogsrule10

Ravens Klaws
08-05-2013, 10:11 PM
this should be in the might and magic X forum.
ubisoft is restraining limbic into only using monsters and styles from ashans of the heroes games, so unfortently if there are spiders in that there will be spiders in this.

Ubi-MoshiMoshi
08-07-2013, 12:02 PM
Moved.

Calreon
08-07-2013, 09:15 PM
One might ask "Hey what if some other guys with fear of rats or gnolls or pixies or brunettes come and ask us not to include those in the game, then what are we left with?"... Well you would be right but first of all phobia of pixies is plain stupid and doesnt deserve respect at all and I am the first one to appeal for such thing so my demand deserves more consideration haha.

Damn it, my fear of pixies is real! Those things are tiny and have sharp teeth and claws. It is most certainly a valid and viable phobia and deserves respect just as much as claustrophobia or arachnophobia or even arachibutyrophobia (look it up). So no pixies! Never!

LE-Larissa
08-12-2013, 07:56 PM
Hi Allegrononmolto,

I am sorry to read that. In general I can say, that spiders are part of the Ashan universe, so they will generally appear in MMX, too. In the current dev version there is no option to replace or remove spiders. However we are currently in discussion to have an option like that for final release.

You will find this answer and some answers to other recently asked question within our new blog posting (https://mightandmagicx-legacy.ubi.com/opendev/blog/post/view/5208fe05888ef6571900000b), too.

Thanks,
Anna (LE-Larissa)

FranBurns
08-14-2013, 09:28 PM
MMX is the big title story of the new "Powerplay" (german VG magazin). The article features a screenshot of the first dungeon with a big, nasty spider. Sorry :) Maybe someone will mod the game for you...

del180824051615
08-17-2013, 05:02 PM
Arachnophobic? Hmm in all seriousness.. i can't believe one would fear a pixel creature? No offense though. I like whacking Spiders.. lolx like how i whack it in Darksiders :D

narupley
08-17-2013, 07:41 PM
I don't want to be insensitive, but I also don't want to sugarcoat and thus be untruthful either.

What if vegans tried to make it illegal to eat meat outdoors? The rest of the world wouldn't have it, because it's abnormal to not eat meat.

Don't ruin the game for the rest of us just because you have an abnormal condition. Get over it, don't play it, or hope someone makes a mod sometime in the future.

Gerugon
08-18-2013, 09:12 PM
This Topic (arachnophobia) seems to be put up into gameforums quite often, but not because its an actual problem but because its a good way to sabotage a company or make them look bad. Some people are paid to do stuff like that, its realy fu++++ up.

uk_uk
08-18-2013, 09:31 PM
I hope, they won't include sharp/pointed objects like swords or knifes into the game... I have Aichmophobia, the fear of sharp and pointed objects... and of course friggartriskaidekaphobia, the fear for Friday the 13th and sadly sesquipedalphobia, the fear for long words, which is ironic, because the world is pretty lo.... aaaaaaargh.

Mantra49
08-20-2013, 08:08 AM
I have a huge phobia of being cut (totally serious), but, would I ask for cutting weapons to be taken out of these type of games? Nope. Same with giant spiders. Sorry. I just try to pretend they are punching/kicking, or use any type of club weapons.

Hopefully, after release, a non-spider mod can be released for you.

solohanssolo
08-20-2013, 10:24 AM
I wonder if flying sims should take place on the ground to accomodate people with fear of heights, too?

narupley
08-20-2013, 04:55 PM
I have a huge phobia of being cut (totally serious), but, would I ask for cutting weapons to be taken out of these type of games? Nope. Same with giant spiders. Sorry. I just try to pretend they are punching/kicking, or use any type of club weapons.

Hopefully, after release, a non-spider mod can be released for you.

I'd like to see someone release a mod where all spiders have been replaced with crab-walking circus clowns. I'd play that.

WarBaby2
08-20-2013, 05:00 PM
I'd like to see someone release a mod where all spiders have been replaced with crab-walking circus clowns. I'd play that.

But but but... I'm afraid of clowns!

...sorry, couldn't resist. ;) With every game these days, where there could be (obviously digital) spiders in it, there comes the enevatable "make an anti-spiders mod 'cause I'm arachnophobic" crowd.-- quite funny, really.

fbdbh
08-20-2013, 05:21 PM
Actually, it's simple. Let the game be mod-friendly. I think in Skyrim the modders replaced spiders with bears, or something, But you can't force a company to lose an iconic monster, it's like I'm afraid of dragons, so no dragons as well? Okay, a more realistic and emphatic example: I'm more of an agoraphobic, I like dungeons more than open spaces, but that doesn't mean that I want this game to be a huge dungeon. :)

Allegrononmolto
08-21-2013, 11:02 AM
Alright smartasses

I had foreseen and countered in my first message that there would instantly be reactionary phobias of pixies, swords, open air and dragons. If you are so sincere about them you should have felt free to petition for it, if the developers were to take into consideration one of these I think it's clear which one they would.

I was just giving it a shot, it doesnt hurt anyone eh? I am satisfied with the idea of game being mod friendly.