PDA

View Full Version : Which AC book u found most interesting?

catkiller97
04-03-2013, 10:35 AM
Assassin's Creed: Renaissance (2009)

Assassin's Creed: Brotherhood (2010)

Assassin's Creed: The Secret Crusade (2011)

Assassin's Creed: Revelations (2011)

Assassin's Creed: Forsaken (2012)

---

I found Forsaken best followed by The Secret Crusade..

poptartz20
04-03-2013, 10:38 AM
Honestly, I never found myself interested in the books until I played AC3. (I wanted to know more about Haytham and his back story)
So obviously my vote would go for forsaken buuut... My vote is very biased. Are the other books good?

SixKeys
04-03-2013, 12:54 PM
I can't stand the writing style in the books, they read like bad fan fiction.

MasterAssasin84
04-03-2013, 10:36 PM

Not strictly true with Forsaken ! in actual fact Forsaken was one of the most compelling and immersive AC story i have ever read.

ProletariatPleb
04-03-2013, 10:42 PM
I read the Secret Crusade, Bowden added too many emotions to Alta´r.

KJGPlay
04-03-2013, 10:53 PM

Altair was undeveloped and one dimensional in the original game. He also sounded american.

Last Crusade is the only one I've read in entirety, so that's my vote. Reading bits of Revelations atm.

ProletariatPleb
04-03-2013, 10:58 PM
Altair was undeveloped and one dimensional in the original game. He also sounded american.

Last Crusade is the only one I've read in entirety, so that's my vote. Reading bits of Revelations atm.
He had subtle character progression. He's an assassin that was born and brought up among them with no parents, if you think a deathdealer is all happy and frolicsome like Ezio well....

Abeonis
04-04-2013, 12:51 AM

Syrian Assassins aren't allowed emotions?

On-topic - I found Forsaken to be the best; it more closely suited Bowden's (rather appalling) style of writing, and also gave us an entirely fresh look on a character who receives far less exploration in the game than he should have. Personally, I think the character development (besides Haytham's) was rather poor and Bowden could have chosen far more interesting and less chaotic ideas to use (e.g. Haytham learning about Ziio's death from Lee), but on the whole I think it was his best novel in the series.

Unfortunately, given his age, I suspect his writing skills have already peaked.

FirestarLuva
04-04-2013, 01:16 AM
The Secret Crusade and Forsaken are best. Hope to see one for Connor soon.

SixKeys
04-04-2013, 01:31 AM
Not strictly true with Forsaken ! in actual fact Forsaken was one of the most compelling and immersive AC story i have ever read.

I'm not talking about the story, I'm talking about the writing style. It's very dull and simplistic which is why it reads like bad fan fic to me.

ProletariatPleb
04-04-2013, 03:02 AM
Syrian Assassins aren't allowed emotions?
Does "too many" mean anything to anybody here?

jamgamerforever
04-04-2013, 05:04 AM
I agree with SixKeys in that Bowden's writing style just doesn't flow. For that reason, I've only read part of Renaissance and part of The Secret Crusade.

Unlike the Halo, Dragon Age or Mass Effect (the first three) tie-ins, I wouldn't recommend these to anyone.

ACRules2
04-04-2013, 06:44 AM
I like the 'Secret Crusade' best as I have only read Renaissance, Secret Crusade and Revelations. However the writing style is a little lacking...

Kaschra
04-04-2013, 03:26 PM
I only read Renaissance and Forsaken.

I don't really like Renaissance because of all that Cristina drama, and because of that, Ezio is really OOC. It's just really annoying -__-
Forsaken on the other hand was awesome, I have to say. I am surprised myself that I like it that much. Bowden's style is not the best, and I was afraid he would screw up Haytham. But no, I like it.

Abeonis
04-04-2013, 06:57 PM
Does "too many" mean anything to anybody here?

How on Earth can you possibly have "too many" emotions? Is there a maximum quota of emotions a character or individual is allowed to have? I suppose I'm gonna have to get rid of that sympathy I feel for some people so I can replace it with annoyance?

Most ridiculous thing I've ever heard.