PDA

View Full Version : Assassins Creed IV suggestions

Wolfmeister1010
04-03-2013, 03:33 AM
The following set of suggestions is what I Am sending to ubisoft. Please let me know what you think of them. Thanks.

1. In the gameplay trailer, the guards still look EMOTIONLESS. You know how Connor gets facial expressions during combat like rage and pain? Give these to guards. Like in ac1, make the guards real back in terror every now and then. Make them more ANGRY and terrified. Make them all attack at once. They also still look pretty choppy and artificial when they are moving around.

2. Don't say that "stealth is returning" because it was never in the series to begin with, other than social stealth. I read the official Q & A of the game, and it said that combat, freerunning, and social stealth are still the main focuses. YOU ARE MAKING THE SAME MISTAKE AGAIN. We need more environmental stealth. There wont be crowds every where you go, and im sick of standing up straight in an enemy camp like its my own home. Crouching, rolling, improved cover system, darkness, random placed shrubbery, as well as tons of environmental objects to interact with are all needed to improve the stealth. You must improve social stealth, but also focus way more on environmental stealth. Allow edward to really interact with the environment more. Allow crouching, cover to cover rolling (cover swapping), and allow edward to make use of darkness, and male the camera closer to the player so that it forces you to actually play put stealthily and not just stand by a corner and look around it with the camera. The camera part is actually very important. So is the cover to cover quick rolling. Also, allow manual rolling. Crouch should be activated by the left analogue stick. While in ac3, you would automatically crouch when entering stalking zones, it should be updated in ac4 so that all bushes and shrubbery act as stalking zones, but only when you MANUALLY crouch in them. More stealth systems that could be added to the environment could be candles to blow out, windows to jump through, the ability to jump and hide on hanging objects like chandeliers, and the ability to hide under certain things like desks, fireplaces, and dark cubboards. This would function as the "indoor" stealth "things". *This being said, I still think that social stealth should be a huge part of the game. It could actually use some major improvements, since i havent actually even utilized the social stealth system since AC2. Here are some ways that social stealth could be improved: for one, **
The guards line of sight is bullcrap. They can somehow see through walls and stuff. Also, what is the point of attempting to hide in the crowds if they can pick you out anyway??!!?!? I cant begin to tell you how many times i have tried to hide in a group either during an escape or when my notoriety is high, and the guards come running around the corner and immediately pick me out. I thought that the point of social stealth was for you to escape the guards by disappearing into the crowds. However, this is not the case in all of the past 3 games, not to mention the fact that when you are on level three notoriety in ac3 guards will attack immediately without giving you time to think!!! Be sure ti improve enemy AI "search" systems. Also, a way to make social stealth better is actually a simple one, given that AC4 will be on next gen, and anvil next; this is, to increase the amount of people. Make the streets busier, fill them with more people, fill them with large crowds walking through the streets as well as groups standing around. Make blending instantaneous when entering a group like in AC2, unlike ac3, where there is a delay. I read a review of a demo shown at pax that said that it seems that stealth is returning, by adressing a mission in which you stalk a man through an alley at night, *and stalk enemies in the jungle. But, just adding stealthier missions isn't enough. It is time to reinvent the stealth system. My dream of invading a fort, killing the leader, and leaving without being seen will never be a reality with the stealth system we have now.*

3. Although combat is nearly perfect, it can use a few major tweaks.
1. Make enemies stronger and more ferocious.
2. Make parrying and crossing swords a bigger part of combat. Instead of just mercilessly (and unrealistically) slashing open opponents multiple times until a finish off move is done, make it so that sword fights happen like they actually do, with swords parrying, and the player having to use specific moves to wear them down. Unlike ac3, where all the enemies that could parry normal attacks simply swipe the sword swing away, make it more realistic by making the swords clang against each other in rapid succession until the enemy is worn out. Remember that not every sword parry was a perfectly executed smooth sweep away of the opponent's sword. Enemies would really clang swords against each other, hitting the other's sword broadly, not at a smooth angle. For example, every time you would attempt To hit a jäger or captain with a normal sword swing in ac3, they would sweep your swing away smoothly 3 times until finally on the 4th time, your swords meet broadly in mid air, creating a loud clanging noise and propelling connor backward. Make ALL sword battle hits like this, except of course it wouldn't propel edward backwards all the time. If the player wanted to perform a perfect parry like the ones achieved by holding down b in ac3, the players would have to do a specific move. Do you understand what i mean by all this.? Look at sword combat from the pirates of the caribbean. The opponents don't take turns weeping away each other's swords. They would clang their swords against each other many times and in rapid succession. This would be more realistic as opposed to ac3 combat in which kills would be achieved only after slicing open an enemy 5 times. My suggestion would also help make combat more "personal" and make each individual enemy feel like their own challenge to the player. The parrying system is actually really important to me, so please consider it. Also, you know how you can roll out of the way in ac3 when being about to be hit by a heavy swing? it would be good if you can roll out of the way for any attack, and maybe perform a special rolling attack thank you so much.

4. I am going back to side quests because i feel that i wasnt clear enough before. Basically, i was saying that side quests need to be played out realistically like in red dead redemption, where the quest giver actual talks to you and gives you a mission, and actually ends with you actually giving them an item (if it was an item retrieval quest) and the quest giver thanking you. These mini dialogue scenes dont occur in cutscene style, but rather, the screen zooms in to show conversation and some animations for the conversation. For example, in red dead redemption, a man runs up to you, and triggers dialogue (with out zooming in) telling you that a woman is being mugged. The protagonist actually talks back (like edward should in the game) and runs towards the commotion. After killing the mugger, the "thankyou" part of the quest ovcurs. This time, the camera does zoom, in to a different angle, and the woman hugs the protagonist while sobbing, thanking him over and over again. The protagonist then responds with a "i wasnt just gonna let him steal from you" and then the quest is over. See what i mean?? The quest plays out with actual dialogue and animations. In ac3, the side missions felt extremely awful. For example, with the tyanny of king washington starving citizen quests, connor would find a starving citizen and press b to interact. Then, the quest would be over, with no conversation whatsoever, and the citizen doesnt even say thankyou. ...............WHAT????!?!?! That is not how it should play out. After interacting with the citizen, it should zoom in, and show connor addressing the citizen and physically giving the citizen the food, followed by the citizen's greatful thank you. Also, for the courier missions, after interacting with the person you need to give the letter to, the quest just ends. There are no words spoken, no animations of connor giving the mail, and no thankyou from the citizen. The closest possible example of how a quest should play out in this game occurred during the E3 ac3 demo, in which after interacting with a man, the camera zoomed in to view connor actually saying "here is the meat you requested" and him actually giving him the meat. Then, the man nodded his head and said, "thank you, please take this (money) as a token of my gra***ude". Missions need to play out like how they would in real life, and red dead redemption exemplifies this perfectly.*

5. There needs to be more to do in cities. Add multiple taverns and pubs to visit, add an assassins guild building in the cities, add more interior spaces to visit like the inside of a church, add random encounters that can range from chasing a thief to killing a man harrassing a woman to participating in a contest. However, the most important aspect of cities that needs to return is verticality. New york and boston lacked (but rightfully so because they are american) the high buildings and tight alleys that made florence and venice such a joy to explore. I dont expect to see much verticality in kingston, and i dont know what to expect from nassau, but I know that havana is a european style city, so there should be tons of high buildings to explore, not just viewpoints, but generally higher buildings. It has been said that havana will be like florence under the caribbean sun, so keep to that word!

The fact that you already are announcing that there is a developer for AC5 makes it seem like you don't really care about ac4. In fact, many think that you are half assing this game. (please excuse my language). It also seems that you are ignoring all of the fans' advice. Not ONE person isnt skeptical about this game because of ac3's relative disappointment. I could copy and paste you a list of youtube comments 10 pages long of skepticism and wariness because of ac3. This needs to be the best ac yet. Not just the "next chapter in the assassins creed experience", but a whole new book *by itself,if you catch my metaphor. The trailer says that this game will force you to learn and adapt,.... But will it really???!! You say that stealth will be encouraged in levels and that multiple ways to complete a mission and multiple pathways are available,..... But will the really????!!! Ac3 was ridden with dozens of false and broken promises, like random encounters, naval free roam, multiple pathways, frozen over lakes, and more. Even small things like the absence of canoes (which were originally put in the game) makes me and many other fans furious. Because whole new horizon system you are talking about that makes seas more fun, it makes it seem like you are totally ignoring CITY and LAND RANDOM ENCOUNTERS. REMEMBER DUELING. That would be one of the most important random encounters on land. It is long overdue that dueling is put in. Remember to upgrade customization of your outfit and weapons.The people really dont trust ubisoft anymore. And even I, a true AC fan, feel like there is a large possibility that this game, as well as all the ones before it, will take 1 step forward and 2 back. I am skeptical, along with millions of other fans, but i still have faith.

I believe in you, Ubisoft. Don't let your loyal fans down. Use the perfect model of a third person action game that red dead redemption exhibits to craft the perfect game. This is your chance. Have a wonderful day

TinyTemplar
04-03-2013, 06:36 AM
The fact that you already are announcing that there is a developer for AC5 makes it seem like you don't really care about ac4. In fact, many think that you are half assing this game. (please excuse my language). It also seems that you are ignoring all of the fans' advice. Not ONE person isnt skeptical about this game because of ac3's relative disappointment. I could copy and paste you a list of youtube comments 10 pages long of skepticism and wariness because of ac3. This needs to be the best ac yet. Not just the "next chapter in the assassins creed experience", but a whole new book *by itself,if you catch my metaphor. The trailer says that this game will force you to learn and adapt,.... But will it really???!! You say that stealth will be encouraged in levels and that multiple ways to complete a mission and multiple pathways are available,..... But will the really????!!! Ac3 was ridden with dozens of false and broken promises, like random encounters, naval free roam, multiple pathways, frozen over lakes, and more. Even small things like the absence of canoes (which were originally put in the game) makes me and many other fans furious. Because whole new horizon system you are talking about that makes seas more fun, it makes it seem like you are totally ignoring CITY and LAND RANDOM ENCOUNTERS. REMEMBER DUELING. That would be one of the most important random encounters on land. It is long overdue that dueling is put in. Remember to upgrade customization of your outfit and weapons.The people really dont trust ubisoft anymore. And even I, a true AC fan, feel like there is a large possibility that this game, as well as all the ones before it, will take 1 step forward and 2 back. I am skeptical, along with millions of other fans, but i still have faith.
Maybe they shouldn't have told that ac5 in develop now. It sounded like "prepare your money"

rob.davies2014
04-03-2013, 11:21 AM
I agree that sword combat needs to change aesthetically, it should be a series of attacks, parries and reposts between the swords with the occasional blow to the body which would cause massive damage before the death blow. Especially with officers and highly trained enemies.

SixKeys
04-03-2013, 12:53 PM
Maybe they shouldn't have told that ac5 in develop now. It sounded like "prepare your money"

With a side of "we're already working on the next game that will fix the mistakes we know will be in AC4 but didn't have time to fix" thrown in for good measure. Each new game is basically a patch for the previous one.

Megas_Doux
04-03-2013, 01:18 PM
Return to a more free mission design structure, include background music again, just name two. And then, we might mean business........

pacmanate
04-03-2013, 01:23 PM
6 months time, AC6 is in development.

We need a better fighting system
We need smarter enemies
We need better stealth
We need more options in combat. Do what they did in batman and have the ACR weapon wheel. All the tools on the right hand side, and then just use the left trigger and a face button to string combat.

Megas_Doux
04-03-2013, 01:32 PM
6 months time, AC6 is in development.

We need a better fighting system
We need better stealth

I think AC3 showed some pogress in those two areas, the ability to hide behinda column and the stalking zones MUST return, and increased.....

montagemik
04-03-2013, 01:37 PM
With a side of "we're already working on the next game that will fix the mistakes we know will be in AC4 but didn't have time to fix" thrown in for good measure. Each new game is basically a patch for the previous one.

The franchise is a guaranteed 'cash cow' for every installment at this point .........The only choice Ubisoft need to make is how quickly they want to milk it dry .

To be honest - I'm expecting AC 5 will be 2 years away ........... Until then we get AC 4 & AC4 Next gen ...... With an annual expansion to this new Abstergo agenda scenario they've introduced - either more Edward history or we investigate another ancestor entirely ( dare i speculate Haytham ) , Because i'm convinced the AC4: 'Black Flag' SUB ***le is significant & we'll have 2nd AC : SUB ***le game before AC 5 releases,

pacmanate
04-03-2013, 03:10 PM
I think AC3 showed some pogress in those two areas, the ability to hide behinda column and the stalking zones MUST return, and increased.....

True, however hiding round and peaking round corners is such a small thing. Stalking zones are god, but I kinda still want to be able to stalk manually. They need to implement a sound system though.