PDA

View Full Version : Do we feel like "geeks" ?

Capt._Tenneal
03-03-2004, 11:39 AM
Who else thinks that the release of FB and now AEP makes us feel like the LOTR & Star Wars "geeks" on a movie premiere ? Racing to be first in line ? Taking off work, or leaving early ? Being the first to have it or post their impressions ?

I'll be right there with the rest of you. LOL !

Capt._Tenneal
03-03-2004, 11:39 AM
Who else thinks that the release of FB and now AEP makes us feel like the LOTR & Star Wars "geeks" on a movie premiere ? Racing to be first in line ? Taking off work, or leaving early ? Being the first to have it or post their impressions ?

I'll be right there with the rest of you. LOL !

Skullin
03-03-2004, 11:43 AM
Love you in MXE captain !

Capt._Tenneal
03-03-2004, 11:44 AM
Originally posted by Skullin:
Love you in MXE captain !

A fellow fan ! I love that show. :)

SE_Aetos
03-03-2004, 11:45 AM
Hmm... Was on my lunch break so I did not go to that much of extreem, but I did ambush the guy before he could get them out of the box...

What you need is someone in high places at UPS of Fed-X. ;)

UncleVanya2001
03-03-2004, 11:53 AM
Yeah, you guys are dorks.

Not like me at all.

I pre-ordered.

And now I'm pissed that they didn't ship it early to those of us that pre-ordered. You know, as an INCENTIVE to pre-order.

Now I'm wishin I didn't pre-order.

Crap, climbing into my car to buy another copy. I'll send the Pre-order back when it arrives.

:(

madsarmy
03-03-2004, 11:53 AM
I used to book days off work to play games on the Spectrum. #**# I'm a geek:(

Now I dont work (bad health) & I book a day off to stop playing. #**# I'm still a geek.

http://mysite.freeserve.com/fbscreenshots/images/0-picture.jpg

"LOOK MUM NO HANDS!"

M0NS
03-03-2004, 01:32 PM
Sometimes I bump into people on the street by accident because I'm thinking of flying - I'm in a world of my own I guess...

Oh - & thinking of it: who just bought a new vid-card & a hot new monitor to play a single game (the only one one the)?

Me!

S!

M0NS

"So when Diogenes perceived that he was greatly excited and quite keyed up in mind with expectancy, he toyed with him and pulled him about in the hope that somehow he might be moved from his pride and thirst for glory and be able to sober up a little. For he noticed that at one time he was delighted, and at another grieved at the same thing, and that his soul was as unsettled as the weather at the solstices when both rain and sunshine come from the very same source."

(Dio Chrysostom "Discourse" 4.77-78)

Red_Russian13
03-03-2004, 01:44 PM
I preordered too. But I've reserved a copy at my local EB (the only copy they recieved). I'm just going to send mine back whenever it decides to get here.

Red Russian