PDA

View Full Version : Assassin's Creed: Terra Australis

Jayden26
04-02-2013, 02:47 PM
This is my idea for an Assassin's Creed set in Australia/New Zealand

PLOT:

Assassin's Creed: Terra Australis
The failed revolutions that swept through Europe in 1848, led to those who participated or supported the revolutions as "Forty-Eighters". Due to persecution many of the Forty-Eighters fled with most of them seeking refuge in Australia.

*Our Assassin hero is among the forty-eighters who is forced to flee to Australia

From here the developers can choose their own ideas as to where the want the game to lead. But here are some ideas:

***MAJOR EVENTS***

*1850- Eureka Rebellion - An armed uprising fighting for democracy, crushed during the Battle of the Eureka Stockade. (In Australia)

*1863/4- Invasion of Waikato - Involving 12 thousand Australian/British troops against 4 thousand Maori troops. Largest campaign of the New Zealand Land wars (In New Zealand)

*1868-1872- Te Kooti's War- The "ugliest and most savage" of all the New Zealand Land Wars. Involved at least 28 conflicts ranging from minor skirmishes to substantial battles. (In New Zealand)

*1868/9- Titokowaru's War - Major War of the New Zealand Land Wars
- Battle of Turuturu-Mokai Redoubt
- Battle of Te Ngutu o Te Manu
- Battle of Moturoa
- Battle of Tauranga-Ika
(In New Zealand)

*1890-1901- Federation Era - The disparate colonies are united in Federation, unique architecture of the time, corruption rife, Civil War erupts in Queensland, founding father "Sir Henry Parkes" mysteriously dies just a few years before Federation. (In Australia)

***SMALLER EVENTS***

*1860/1- First Taranaki War - Battle at Te Kohia
- Battle of Waireka
- Battle of Puketakauere
(In New Zealand)

*1861- Battle of Yindurupilly - 35+ Aboriginal warriors killed and 75+ Europeans killed. (In Australia)

*1863- Battle of Goimbla (In Australia)

*1863/6- Second Taranaki War - Attack on Sentry Hill
- Cameron's West Coast Campaign

*1884- Battle of Battle Mountain - Over 200+ people slain in battle (In Australia)

***PRE-1848 HISTORICAL CONFLICT***

*1629- Battle of West Wallabi Island (In Australia)

*1795-1802- Pemulwuy's War - Battle of the Hawkesbury
- Sacking of Lane Cove
- Siege of Toongabbie
- Battle of Parramatta

(In Australia)

*1804- Battle of Vinegar Hill- Led to the destruction of the Australian Empire (In Australia)

*1806/8- Tedbury's War (In Australia)

*1808- Rum Rebellion- Military coup of Sydney governor(In Australia)

*1807-1842- Musket Wars - A series of five hundred of more battles fought between Maori tribes. (In New Zealand)

*1824- Battle of Bathurst (In Australia)

*1828-1832- Black War- Black Line Campaign (In Australia)

*1834- Battle of Pinjarra (In Australia) Part of the Western Australian Land Wars

*1838- Battle of Faithfull (In Australia)

*1840- Battle of Yering (In Australia)

*1843- Battle of One Tree Hill (In Australia)

*1845/6- Flagstaff War - Attack on Flagstaff
- Attack on Pomare's Pa
- Battle of the Sticks
- Battle of Okaihau
- Battle of Te Ahuahu
- Battle of Ohaeawai
(In New Zealand)

I hope you read all of this and get some great ideas out of it, an Assassin's Creed set in Australia/New Zealand is perfect as there was tonnes of conflict happening. Sydney and Melbourne would be the main cities, and Auckland or Wellington (In New Zealand) would be a minor city.
It is also interesting to note that Melbourne was the second largest city in the British Empire, only London was slightly larger.
Australia/New Zealand are completely unused in games, MANY people won't expect it to be set there, be different and unique!!!

http://img.groundspeak.com/cache/7a094f6f-2474-4e23-9bd4-0b3208de06cc.jpg

http://www.lessing-photo.com/p2/391701/39170166.jpg

http://www.eurekastockadefilm.com/images/swearing.gif

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/thumb/6/6c/Von_Tempsky's_death_Kennett_Watkins.jpg/300px-Von_Tempsky's_death_Kennett_Watkins.jpg

http://www.fitzmuseum.cam.ac.uk/coins/exhibitions/NZCross/WilliamsNorthStar1845.jpg

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/thumb/5/5a/Mounted_police_and_blacks.jpg/300px-Mounted_police_and_blacks.jpg

http://www.stagpoole.net.nz/katikara.jpg

MasterAssasin84
04-02-2013, 02:49 PM
Interesting i would certainly be very intrigued with this idea ? , i have never seen any game set in this era , great idea to the OP and i like the key moments in its history.

sajber00
04-02-2013, 02:51 PM
I guess you're from Australia?

MasterAssasin84
04-02-2013, 02:55 PM
I guess you're from Australia?

Rgardless were he comes from which is not important do you not think its an interesting idea ? i certainly think it is, its very unique.

sajber00
04-02-2013, 03:06 PM
I mean, almost everyone has ideas about his own country. And this idea seems to be just about wars and battles. I didn't liked that AC3 was to much about war, and wouldn't do it if Ubi did it again. And for the second, I don't get ideas about wikings just because I come from Sweden. Indians want AC5 to be in India. Australians want it to be in Australia. It's... Irritating.

MasterAssasin84
04-02-2013, 03:09 PM
I mean, almost everyone has ideas about his own country. And this idea seems to be just about wars and battles. I didn't liked that AC3 was to much about war, and wouldn't do it if Ubi did it again. And for the second, I don't get ideas about wikings just because I come from Sweden. Indians want AC5 to be in India. Australians want it to be in Australia. It's... Irritating.

I would love to see an Assassins Creed set in india there is so much history there, i dont care were they set it as long as the team stay away from WW2 i am happy.

Jayden26
04-02-2013, 03:15 PM

An Australia/New Zealand setting wouldn't be nearly exciting if it didn't have wars and battles going on. I envision an AC: Terra Australis to be similiar to AC: Black Flag where you can explore the entire carribean and all the islands in between. In Terra Australis you could explore the great eastern cities of Australia, then hop on your ship and travel a short distance to New Zealand and explore there too. The wars/battles are only meant for the developers to see, that way they can use those events to tie into any story they create.

Here are some of the forts in Australia/New Zealand at the time.

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/2/26/Model_Of_Maori_Pa_On_Headland.jpg

http://farm2.static.flickr.com/1054/1386223432_3b46bf251c_o.jpg

http://www.megalithic.co.uk/a558/a312/gallery/Pacific/NZ/fno_IMG_6177.jpg

http://www.harbourbridge.com.au/hbpics/Fort_Denison.jpg

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/thumb/8/80/Fort_Macquarie_ca.1870_from_Sydney_Streets_and_Bui ldings,_1861-ca.1900_chiefly_by_Kerry_%26_Co..jpg/300px-Fort_Macquarie_ca.1870_from_Sydney_Streets_and_Bui ldings,_1861-ca.1900_chiefly_by_Kerry_%26_Co..jpg

http://www.sl.nsw.gov.au/images/exhibitions/2010/governor/lg/e071_s07_a623018.jpg

http://www.australiaforeveryone.com.au/sydney/images/BeehiveCasemate.gif

pirate1802
04-02-2013, 03:37 PM
Its like your yearly ritual isn't it? Each time a new AC is announced you make a thread like this. It was there last year too if I remember correctly?

Megas_Doux
04-02-2013, 04:05 PM
Its like your yearly ritual isn't it? Each time a new AC is announced you make a thread like this. It was there last year too if I remember correctly?

If my memory does not betray me:

1 Two threads about Australia in general.
2 Then some more about an specific period known as Federation Sidney.
3 Later England/Australia.
4 And now Australia/New Zealand.

Dont know what he is trying to prove....

MasterAssasin84
04-02-2013, 04:36 PM
Next step full blown petition !

Bastiaen
04-02-2013, 08:21 PM

Not so. While I'm American, I never went around saying "Oh, I hope they make a game in America." My big hopes include several European and Asian nations, though I must admit I find this Australian idea intriguing for a story. I don't really know anything about Australia's urban settings at the time though.

MasterAssasin84
04-02-2013, 10:20 PM
Not so. While I'm American, I never went around saying "Oh, I hope they make a game in America." My big hopes include several European and Asian nations, though I must admit I find this Australian idea intriguing for a story. I don't really know anything about Australia's urban settings at the time though.

This is what i was saying, its quite interesting i mean its never been done before.

sajber00
04-02-2013, 10:42 PM
I still don't understand what's special with Australia. I don't know much about Australia. Give me something except wars, and I could change my mind.

Assassin_M
04-02-2013, 10:51 PM
I still don't understand what's special with Australia. I don't know much about Australia. Give me something except wars, and I could change my mind.
So what if it`s just wars ?? Wars are bloody interesting...Crusades ?? Heck, AC I started with a war...an even bigger war than the Revolution

Jayden26
04-03-2013, 01:05 AM

The Dieppe Maps could also be used in an Australian/New Zealand setting, this ancient map is said to accurately depict the eastern coast of Australia centuries before it was officially discovered. What does the Dieppe map lead to?? This could be used in the story.
http://www.google.com.au/search?q=dieppe+maps&hl=en&source=lnms&tbm=isch&sa=X&ei=W29bUbbVEomgiQf75IDQAw&ved=0CAcQ_AUoAQ&biw=1192&bih=512#hl=en&tbm=isch&sa=1&q=dieppe+maps+australia&oq=dieppe+maps+a&gs_l=img.1.0.0i24.8571.9407.0.10700.2.1.0.1.1.0.27 4.274.2-1.1.0...0.0...1c.1.8.img.I6bUAeyrjz4&bav=on.2,or.r_qf.&bvm=bv.44697112,d.aGc&fp=afd4db7072bc1ec6&biw=1192&bih=512&imgrc=MrdPrMPNguA9NM%3A%3BVvPrcuEG4D-9uM%3Bhttp%253A%252F%252F4.bp.blogspot.com%252F-zzQCzyRefbk%252FT3tNWluNAmI%252FAAAAAAAAbhk%252F4j x8n3F-dlc%252Fs1600%252F6253942438_146d98fb99%2525255B1% 2525255D.jpg%3Bhttp%253A%252F%252Fsegniesogni-prova.blogspot.com%252F2012%252F04%252Fnicholas-vallard-de-dieppe-atlas-1547.html%3B500%3B339

What isn't special about Australia?
There would be an entire new setting, you would no longer have the lush green trees of America and Europe or the palms of the Holy Land. In an Australian setting these would be replaced by ghost gums and wattle, and the bulls would be replaced by kangaroos. Horses were widely used throughout Australia in those times, especially for combat by the native police. Bushrangers were also widely spread out across the land, some of whom even wore iron armour.
The cities at the time were enormous, especially Sydney and Melbourne. Sydney was built mainly from sandstone and had tight messy roadworks, whilst Melbourne was a massive gridded victorian city.

The wars are there for the background story really. Wars make everything more exciting. Our assassin hero arrives in Australia and decides to start anew, and before he/she knows it they are thrown into the conflict of that era.

thecodeman715
04-03-2013, 01:37 AM
I'm American and couldn't care less if it were in America again, although if it goes to the US Civil War, I would certainly get it. I just want a good game, location doesn't matter.

thecodeman715
04-03-2013, 01:38 AM
I would like to play as Orelov, my favorite Assassin in the series.

Legendz54
04-03-2013, 08:57 AM
Meh... I live in Australia and i think the setting would just be a crappier version of colonial America.

sajber00
04-03-2013, 09:15 AM
So what if it`s just wars ?? Wars are bloody interesting...Crusades ?? Heck, AC I started with a war...an even bigger war than the Revolution

But in AC1 you was an assassin, who sometimes was in open combat. In AC3 you commanded troops, and had a ship. I'm sick of the "soldier/warrior" thing.
I have a feeling, if AC5 is in australia. It would be a "Can you command my troops while I'm on the toilet?" game

Jayden26
04-03-2013, 12:47 PM
Meh... I live in Australia and i think the setting would just be a crappier version of colonial America.

You do realise that Melbourne WAS the RICHEST city in the WORLD in the late 19th century??

Colonial Australia was nothing like colonial America, buildings were ornately decorated, royal gardens covered the banks of the Murray, and even had a ballroom twice the granduer of Queen Victorias....

Don't believe what you have heard, Colonial Australia would surprise MANY people, even Australians themselves which is why it would be so unexpected to have it set in Australia/New Zealand.

Jayden26
04-03-2013, 12:50 PM
But in AC1 you was an assassin, who sometimes was in open combat. In AC3 you commanded troops, and had a ship. I'm sick of the "soldier/warrior" thing.
I have a feeling, if AC5 is in australia. It would be a "Can you command my troops while I'm on the toilet?" game

Actually I think it would be the opposite, if the developers do decide to jump to the colonial era of Australia/New Zealand then they would have to increase the amount of stealth involved due to the invention of better guns.
The great wars fought in Australia and New Zealand would serve as a "thrill" to the scenary of the setting and help create a storyline.

Megas_Doux
04-03-2013, 01:12 PM
Here he go again........

Could you Imagine asking SEVERAL times about if our own country could host an ACīs game become a trend????? There is, literally, people from ALL the world!!!!!!!!! The spam would be NEVER ending...Knock it off!!!! Please.....

dxsxhxcx
04-03-2013, 01:49 PM
if guns are common, no thanks!

ze_topazio
04-03-2013, 02:22 PM
If we can wrestle crocodiles, count me in.

However, Portugal would be the best choice for ACV, because yes.

Jayden26
04-03-2013, 03:29 PM
Here he go again........

Could you Imagine asking SEVERAL times about if our own country could host an ACīs game become a trend????? There is, literally, people from ALL the world!!!!!!!!! The spam would be NEVER ending...Knock it off!!!! Please.....

What is unique about having an AC set in several European countries? Once you show one the others will mostly be the same, Europe generally has the same landscape everywhere and only really differs in language groups. No point having an AC set in Canada, it would just be an icier version of AC 3.
Holy land can't offer any new settings that we haven't already seen in an AC, therefore middleeastern countries can't really argue to have another set there, YES this means Egypt too.
Settings that the franchise needs to go into need to be fresh and new, China, for its oriental culture, South America for the originality, India for the history, and Australia/New Zealand for the conflict.
Both Feudal Japan and the Roman Empire have been done to death in games, it won't be original and therefore ubisoft will rule it out completely.

sajber00
04-03-2013, 03:36 PM
Okay, I've changed my mind. I just want this guy as the protagonist:
http://cinema.vpro.nl/images/rendered/6285077_widthPopup.jpg

ze_topazio
04-03-2013, 04:07 PM
...Settings that the franchise needs to go into need to be fresh and new, China, for its oriental culture...

I would say that China has a great chance, lately the entertainment industry has been sucking up to China, especially Hollywood with many movies either taking place or featuring China, it's a growing and very large market after all, i can see the videogame industry doing the same.

Rugterwyper32
04-03-2013, 09:35 PM
Australia would be a very interesting setting if you ask me, specially considering the things I'm checking out about it. Out of Asia, one place I've wanted to see in-game is Thailand. I think that it would make for a really interesting location. India, too.
Going back to Europe, the 30 Years War interest me, specially because if it was set around the area of Germany during the 1600 would make for something interesting and different enough from other European countries. Have the war as a backdrop, and have variety. Amsterdam as one city, which during that time turned into the richest city in the world, Heidelberg on the other hand, then Prague which was central to the events and finally Stockholm. It would make for something very interesting. Have a kingdom/frontier-like area in the middle but that is actually significant, and there you go.
The other different enough place in Europe would be Spain under Moorish rule. The mix of both cultures makes for something really interesting. Just look at Sevilla or Granada to have the idea.

Finally, we have the Americas. Part of me still wants a game that features Guatemala in some way (A game set during the Federal Republic of Central America would be interesting) but since I don't see that as likely, I'd say the Empire of Brazil is a great idea, as well as a game set during the wars of independence down there. Lima, Quito and either Bogota or Caracas could work. Or something set in Argentina. Buenos Aires would make for an amazing location I'm sure.

Assassin_M
04-03-2013, 10:32 PM
What is unique about having an AC set in several European countries? Once you show one the others will mostly be the same, Europe generally has the same landscape everywhere and only really differs in language groups. No point having an AC set in Canada, it would just be an icier version of AC 3.
Holy land can't offer any new settings that we haven't already seen in an AC, therefore middleeastern countries can't really argue to have another set there, YES this means Egypt too.
Settings that the franchise needs to go into need to be fresh and new, China, for its oriental culture, South America for the originality, India for the history, and Australia/New Zealand for the conflict.
Both Feudal Japan and the Roman Empire have been done to death in games, it won't be original and therefore ubisoft will rule it out completely.
Woah Woah Woah...Hey, mate you can`t just dismiss settings, because you think your country is any more interesting than anyone else`s..

My country invented tooth paste and burying people with their cats....TOP THAT

sajber00
04-03-2013, 10:48 PM
An AC game in ancient egypt... It's the only setting I'm sure would work.

But Stockholm could work to... :rolleyes:

MasterAssasin84
04-03-2013, 11:03 PM
Woah Woah Woah...Hey, mate you can`t just dismiss settings, because you think your country is any more interesting than anyone else`s..

So the OP thinks that Europe has the same landscape every were ? hmm ok does he also realise that Australia was also a British Colonial setting at one point ? and is part of the British Commonwealth ? secondly Europe is a huge continent , you cant compare western Europe with Eastern Europe and thirdly what exactly has Australia go to offer that Europe does not, i belive that every setting regardless of were it is offers something unique ? for a moment i agreed that with the OP that Australia was an interesting setting but HIS ignorance has just put a bad taste in my mouth.

Assassin_M
04-03-2013, 11:07 PM
So the OP thinks that Europe has the same landscape every were ? hmm ok does he also realise that Australia was also a British Colonial setting at one point ? and is part of the British Commonwealth ? secondly Europe is a huge continent , you cant compare western Europe with Eastern Europe and thirdly what exactly has Australia go to offer that Europe does not ? for a moment i agreed that with the OP that Australia was an interesting setting but HIS ignorance has just put a bad taste in my mouth.
Meh, I thought his post was quite ironic he tries to teach people that Australia is pretty interesting, then right after that he says that no other setting is interesting...LoL

MasterAssasin84
04-03-2013, 11:13 PM
Meh, I thought his post was quite ironic he tries to teach people that Australia is pretty interesting, then right after that he says that no other setting is interesting...LoL

Ironic in a sense that he wants does not to go back to a british colonial setting but he wants something unique ? yeah makes sense, i can think of loads of settings that would prove more interesting like Fuedel Japan, the Aztecs , revolutionary Russia ? the list goes on and on ! i am from London but i don't feel the need to keep posting an idea that has been posted a thousand after a new AC has been released !lool

xx-pyro
04-03-2013, 11:15 PM
So the OP thinks that Europe has the same landscape every were ? hmm ok does he also realise that Australia was also a British Colonial setting at one point ? and is part of the British Commonwealth ? secondly Europe is a huge continent , you cant compare western Europe with Eastern Europe and thirdly what exactly has Australia go to offer that Europe does not, i belive that every setting regardless of were it is offers something unique ? for a moment i agreed that with the OP that Australia was an interesting setting but HIS ignorance has just put a bad taste in my mouth.

Having three games set in Europe kind of dulls it down, especially since we've seen both eastern and western Europe. Didn't fully read the op since I'd prefer the setting not be so close to modern times however Australia does seem like a pretty unexpected and interesting place for an AC team to take a game.

MasterAssasin84
04-03-2013, 11:19 PM
Having three games set in Europe kind of dulls it down, especially since we've seen both eastern and western Europe. Didn't fully read the op since I'd prefer the setting not be so close to modern times however Australia does seem like a pretty unexpected and interesting place for an AC team to take a game.

We have not seen Eastern Europe in a major Assassins Creed game , the point i am making is just because the team are not taking AC to a location that the OP wants and to say that their country is more interesting than others is quite a shallow statement.

Australia was a British Colony and since AC has already touched on the colonies in AC3 its ironic that the OP wants something unique will still be touching on the same subject.

xx-pyro
04-03-2013, 11:23 PM
We have not seen Eastern Europe in a major Assassins Creed game , the point i am making is just because the team are not taking AC to a location that the OP wants and to say that their country is more interesting than others is quite a shallow statement.

Australia was a British Colony and since AC has already touched on the colonies in AC3 its ironic that the OP wants something unique will still be touching on the same subject.

Like 80% of the world has been a British Colony, that's like saying going to Zimbabwe isn't unique because it's called a country just like the rest of the places we've been. And yes, we have been to Eastern Europe, in Constantinople. Doesn't get much more Eastern than that.

MasterAssasin84
04-03-2013, 11:28 PM
Like 80% of the world has been a British Colony, that's like saying going to Zimbabwe isn't unique because it's called a country just like the rest of the places we've been. And yes, we have been to Eastern Europe, in Constantinople. Doesn't get much more Eastern than that.

When i say eastern Europe i am talking the balkans,black sea regions and beyond ! Turkey falls between Europe and Asia.

xx-pyro
04-03-2013, 11:29 PM
When i say eastern Europe i am talking the balkans,black sea regions and beyond ! Turkey falls between Europe and Asia.

As a Romanian I'd love to see the Black Sea in game, having already seen it in person haha. I always thought the streets of Romania and Serbia would make for great AC locations when visiting my grandparents.

Jayden26
04-04-2013, 01:58 AM

I never said my country was more interesting than other countries, AC has already been set in the Holy land, Europe, and North America. What I'm saying is the franchise needs to expand to include new cultures and new locations and this means going south and east, etc, South America, India, China, West Indies, Australia/New Zealand.

Assassin_M
04-04-2013, 02:02 AM
I never said my country was more interesting than other countries, AC has already been set in the Holy land, Europe, and North America. What I'm saying is the franchise needs to expand to include new cultures and new locations and this means going south and east, etc, South America, India, China, West Indies, Australia/New Zealand.
We invented toothpaste....there`s nothing more interesting than toothpaste.........and mummified cats

Jayden26
04-04-2013, 02:02 AM

Australia wasn't just under British control for your information, both the Dutch and the French had significant claims over the continent, and yes Australia is a continent too. I never said that Europe has the same landscape everywhere but now that several AC games have been set there it is time to try somewhere new.

Jayden26
04-04-2013, 02:05 AM

I never said no other setting is interesting?? Now your just putting words in my mouth, I said that the series needs to go to new regions, etc, South America, Asia, Australia/New Zealand, India.

Jayden26
04-04-2013, 02:08 AM

Australia was a PENAL settlement, not a British colony, BIG differance.
And you call me the ignorant one -_-

Megas_Doux
04-08-2013, 04:08 AM
http://www.elevenwarriors.com/sites/default/files/images/users/Dr.%20House/AndHereWeGo.gif
Again!
And on, and on, and on....

shobhit7777777
04-08-2013, 07:49 AM
We invented toothpaste....there`s nothing more interesting than toothpaste.........and mummified cats

****ing LIES!

Next he'll be spouting nonsense about how his people built massive pyramidal tombs with 0 labor union hassles and machines

And since we are doing this:

INDIA

its awesunme an al teh histryo

look

taj Mahal histry!

http://www.indiainnings.in/images/taj-mahal.jpg

yellow mabrel HISTROY!

http://media1.santabanta.com/full1/Architecture/TajMahal/tajmahal-28a.jpg

Awesmoe cobrA hitsory!!

soo much histry its in blac an wheite!!

http://2.bp.blogspot.com/-HGtIehhvOSA/TWXnQc2-jkI/AAAAAAAAAsc/52I5n2_FqDQ/s1600/Tale48.png

Histtory in GIF!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

http://bunkstrutts.files.wordpress.com/2008/10/snakecharmer.gif

ANOTHER HISTRYI!11

http://www.mickeymehtahbf.com/blog/wp-content/uploads/2012/07/snake-charmer_272527.jpg

and some moar HISTroY!!!!!!!

http://4.bp.blogspot.com/-AzW09_9hzT4/UD5QSyEvg0I/AAAAAAAAImk/jcDP4UYH5j0/s1600/Taj+Mahal+Wallpapers+9.jpg

ze_topazio
04-08-2013, 10:28 AM
I would like to climb the Taj Mahal.

Jayden26
04-08-2013, 03:03 PM
Go away troll, unless you have something decent to share.

Megas_Doux
04-08-2013, 05:22 PM
Taj mahal is beyond decent......