PDA

View Full Version : Assassins Creed crouching!

Totason
04-02-2013, 01:48 PM
In Ac3 they had stalk zones where you would automatically crouch and be invisible(kinda). And thats pretty cool, but i never got why insted they did not just put a crouch toggle, or something like in hitman or the new tomb raider. anybody agree?:rolleyes:

pacmanate
04-02-2013, 01:51 PM
I agree. Bet some n00b will come here saying "CROUCHING IS LOUDER".

I want crouching, however they would have to implement a sound system too. Shouldnt be too hard and it adds an element of stealth.

MasterAssasin84
04-02-2013, 01:53 PM
I agree. Bet some n00b will come here saying "CROUCHING IS LOUDER".

I want crouching, however they would have to implement a sound system too. Shouldnt be too hard and it adds an element of stealth.

They did it with Splinter Cell so no reason why they cant with Assassins Creed.

sajber00
04-02-2013, 02:49 PM
That would remove all of the social stealth AC is (was) based on.

MasterAssasin84
04-02-2013, 02:53 PM

No it would not it will be an added bonus, i would love to beable to crouch behind walls when approaching a fort or Enemy encampment, lets face it you would not social stealth when your penetrating an enemy castle or encampment - which is what the OP is reffering to.

sajber00
04-02-2013, 03:12 PM
No it would not it will be an added bonus, i would love to beable to crouch behind walls when approaching a fort or Enemy encampment, lets face it you would not social stealth when your penetrating an enemy castle or encampment - which is what the OP is reffering to.
Just because you can't do it in AC3. I'd prefer to get more social stealth features instead of a crouching feature.

Edit: I don't think Ubi add social stealth features and stealth features in the same game. I mean, which big changes of the mechanics did they do between AC2-ACR?

Bastiaen
04-02-2013, 04:55 PM

Amen. When I want splinter cell, I play splinter cell, but AC is supposed to be about social stealth. That's what made it unique in the beginning.

ze_topazio
04-02-2013, 05:21 PM
I would be in favor of that.

Sushiglutton
04-02-2013, 07:12 PM
I want it too, but I'm fairly certain Ubi confirmed to Kotaku that there won't be any crouching in AC4 (but more types of stalking zones)

ProletariatPleb
04-02-2013, 07:18 PM
AC is an action game now, as much as I'd like good stealth features I don't think they care about us, as long as $$$ comes for explosions and boom boom.

pacmanate
04-02-2013, 07:26 PM
Social stealth AND normal stealth. I see no problem.

All I C

Is

STEALTH.

pirate1802
04-02-2013, 07:29 PM
I liked the TR system where she'd automatically crouch when near enemies but then if that system is employed in AC we would always be crouching when walking through streets, which would be kind of awkward :P

Maybe crouching while moving in restricted zones?

sajber00
04-02-2013, 08:25 PM
Social stealth AND normal stealth. I see no problem.

All I C

Is

STEALTH.
Do you think Ubisoft add all of it in one game? How big changes in the mechanics was it between AC2 and ACR?

Prio. 1: Social stealth
Prio. 2: Stealth.