PDA

View Full Version : Genetic memories & desmond's son AC3 SPOILERS!

infamous_ezio
04-02-2013, 11:07 AM
Thought of an interesting theory to clay's brother hood speech. Yeah, i know this has been talked about over and over again but everyone always jumps to the conclusion that this idea has been completely abandoned. I do agree to some point that the story has been lacking, but instead of just bashing them, have a think about this..

We know that the game is based on the idea that memories are passed on through our genes, an individual is said to be unique due to there rich inheritance of first civilization DNA. We know that desmond is one of these very few people. If desmond was to have a child, his genes would be passed down to his daughter/son, which would then make this individual another rare candidate. As we all know, desmond's dead and his memories have been uploaded to the cloud. My idea is that "desmond's son" was the person who would carry on re-living desmond's memories, in this case the new protagonist for AC4. In AC4 we will be playing as ourselves, going through desmond's memories.

Clay's speech is interesting because he also goes on about how all hope is lost and that it's too late. What if he was pretty much telling desmond "dude, you're gonna die, some one else is gonna have to go through your memories to stop the juno".

Just a thought i thought i'd share, I know i'm being optimistic, but maybe they did have some bigger plan for this whole mess..

Assassin_M
04-02-2013, 11:18 AM
I`m not so sure what really told ANYONE that this was abandoned ? I mean yeah sure, most people tend to think it was a mess and all, but...when and why did this idea of that particular story being abandoned arise ?? We`v had podcasts, right ?? Darby and Yohallem clearly said that this all extends past AC III..was it ever confirmed that Desmond never had a son ?? Was it ever confirmed what Juno meant by "she" ?? Was it ever told who was Eve ?? No, but the thing is, the games did not stop and Dessie is coming back in AC 4...Yeah well he`s dead, but you get the idea..

Honestly, this whole thing just seems a bit childish and I do not mean you, I`m referring to the people who jump to conclusions, because "THAT`S NOT WHAT I WANTED, Desmond was supposed to be the ultimate azzazzin and ztuff" well yeah, that happened "BUT I DIDNT LIKE EEET" Okay ?? but it happened and that`s done... "whatz happun to da bleeding effecs ??Dezmun was zuuupposed to suffer from bleedan effet" Hello ? Revelations ? Coma ?

Look, I agree that they stretched the story and SOME of the things may not have been in their original plans, but come on...Whining would be useless now...the Series is not a trilogy anymore, as previously intended...we`ll never know WHAT they previously had in mind..NEVER..we`ll just have to live with what we have and accept that NOTHING was abandoned..(or at least from the things about Eve and 16)

dxsxhxcx
04-02-2013, 11:39 AM
I`m not so sure what really told ANYONE that this was abandoned ? I mean yeah sure, most people tend to think it was a mess and all, but...when and why did this idea of that particular story being abandoned arise ?? We`v had podcasts, right ?? Darby and Yohallem clearly said that this all extends past AC III..was it ever confirmed that Desmond never had a son ?? Was it ever confirmed what Juno meant by "she" ?? Was it ever told who was Eve ?? No, but the thing is, the games did not stop and Dessie is coming back in AC 4...Yeah well he`s dead, but you get the idea..

probably when they decided to completely ignore S16 message in ACR and AC3, I understand that they might use it in future games but my problem with it is, why not make this message more clear in ACR/3 (they don't need to give away all the mystery, just explain it a little further)? The messages S16 (espcially the one from ACB) left seemed to be important and then when Desmond is face to face with the guy and probably the normal thing to do would be ask about it, we don't have a single mention of what the **** he meant with that... also Desmond was the one who received those messages, what point they'll have in the future now that Desmond is gone, in "AC9" they'll finally explain what S16 meant with his message and we'll say, "Oh, that's what he meant with that", at least when Desmond was around that message seemed to have a bigger purpose other than just add mystery for the sake of doing it...

Assassin_M
04-02-2013, 11:45 AM
probably when they decided to completely ignore S16 message in ACR and AC3, I understand that they might use it in future games but my problem with it is, why not make this message more clear in ACR/3 (they don't need to give away all the mystery, just explain it a little further)? The messages S16 (espcially the one from ACB) left seemed to be important and then when Desmond is face to face with the guy and probably the normal thing to do would be ask about it, we don't have a single mention of what the **** he meant with that... also Desmond was the one who received those messages, what point they'll have in the future now that Desmond is gone, in "AC9" they'll finally explain what S16 meant with his message and we'll say, "Oh, that's what he meant with that", at least when Desmond was around that message seemed to have a bigger purpose other than just add mystery for the sake of doing it...
how the hell did you type **** ? can I say it ? **** **** ? ****ety

EDIT: Oh my GOD I CAN SAY **** :O

**** ?

**** ?
***** ?

yup something is wrong....

nunosilva13
04-02-2013, 01:46 PM
Assassin_M they may have not forgoten it, but playing as "ourselves" and have modern days start always at the same date as the game is released..... I doubt the history will make any sense across all installments (maybe they will be good individual stories, but i have my doubts about the whole picture).

RinoTheBouncer
04-02-2013, 04:19 PM

Honestly, this whole thing just seems a bit childish and I do not mean you, I`m referring to the people who jump to conclusions, because "THAT`S NOT WHAT I WANTED, Desmond was supposed to be the ultimate azzazzin and ztuff" well yeah, that happened "BUT I DIDNT LIKE EEET" Okay ?? but it happened and that`s done... "whatz happun to da bleeding effecs ??Dezmun was zuuupposed to suffer from bleedan effet" Hello ? Revelations ? Coma ?

Look, I agree that they stretched the story and SOME of the things may not have been in their original plans, but come on...Whining would be useless now...the Series is not a trilogy anymore, as previously intended...we`ll never know WHAT they previously had in mind..NEVER..we`ll just have to live with what we have and accept that NOTHING was abandoned..(or at least from the things about Eve and 16)

I AGREE WITH YOU.
They never said no and everyone thought that the Eve story was forgotten but she was brought to life again in Liberation so I don't see why they won't revive the talk about Desmond's son, or the Sixth or She in future games or even AC:BlackFlag

infamous_ezio
04-02-2013, 04:28 PM

I completely agree.everyone seems to think that it has been abandoned, but instead of being irrational and quick to judge ubi, they should re think the message.. jeff stated in these words "there is alot there, it has not been forgotten".

Abeonis
04-02-2013, 10:52 PM
how the hell did you type **** ? can I say it ? **** **** ? ****ety

EDIT: Oh my GOD I CAN SAY **** :O

**** ?

**** ?
***** ?

yup something is wrong....

Dude, you be trippin'.