PDA

View Full Version : Mission Replay Idea

BadFish85
04-01-2013, 10:48 PM
First off I'd just like to say this game is amazing! The immersion factor (after getting over the hand holding) is incredible! I get so sucked in it feels like I'm actually wandering around the place!

The additional option to reset outposts was a great idea however I would suggest resetting the Wanted Dead and Path of the Hunter quests also. Keep the number as it was in the stats screen though :cool: Even if it's just repeating the same quests as before I feel this will increase endgame replay value greatly!

My main suggestion though is for a way to replay the main story missions. Remember the club flashbacks? This could be implemented in essentially the same way:

Head to Anunnaki Village,
Take a pill (copy and paste animation from before),
Screen goes white, menu pops up with which "memory" -mission to replay,
When done wake up in the village safehouse.

We could start the mission either in the same place we took the pill or at that checkpoint each mission has when you first approach the area. Preferably with the same stats, tattoos etc.

-Going off on a roleplay tangent, I can imagine Jason heading home after the events of the island only to find life back in the safety of civilization to be sterile and boring. One year later he returns to the island. Desperate to revisit the excitement of the island he starts roaming the jungle by day and popping pills at night reliving his past exploits.
Jason's story ends in a kind of groundhog day limbo of wandering the land, forever running over the memories he has at night. Never able to move on from what he became on that island....dun dun dunnnnn....!

-Anyway, yea. Mission replay option please. Don't mind how ya do it but please do. :D:p

Brncao
04-01-2013, 11:23 PM
I had a suggestion like yours. Replay missions (http://forums.ubi.com/showthread.php/761796-Replay-missions). My implementations are easier imo. There ought to be a petition for this. This is true for people who missed several loot chests.

BWX232
04-04-2013, 07:23 AM
Starting a new game is always an option.

Here's another better option.. no hand holding. http://farcry.nexusmods.com/mods/63/

You will not be sorry you tried the mod. It's a greeat way to replay the game.

BadFish85
04-05-2013, 07:16 PM
Funny you should mention it, I installed Ziggy's mod the other day! For all who don't know:

ZIGGY's MOD IS AMAZING!!

I wont be able to go back to arcade mode (vanilla) ever again! I just hope the mod stays up to date with the patches...

barkatab
04-06-2013, 04:20 PM
For me I just restart the game, albeit after skipping all the very insanely repetitive annoying cutscenes. I found the enjoyment in this game (and any game) is by progressing from minimum to maximum ownership. Once I reached the all have weapons and the crafts than I restart it again, from the moment just after freeing the Amanaki outpost. I love to do the insanity style - repeating it over and over. No missions, and let alone going to south island doing all the brawl after brawl, not interest in that thing. Doing missions end up have to endure the never ending cutscenes, yes?.

BWX232
04-06-2013, 04:59 PM
For me I just restart the game, albeit after skipping all the very insanely repetitive annoying cutscenes. I found the enjoyment in this game (and any game) is by progressing from minimum to maximum ownership. Once I reached the all have weapons and the crafts than I restart it again, from the moment just after freeing the Amanaki outpost. I love to do the insanity style - repeating it over and over. No missions, and let alone going to south island doing all the brawl after brawl, not interest in that thing. Doing missions end up have to endure the never ending cutscenes, yes?.

Yeah what he said!.. wait.. wtf are you talking about?