PDA

View Full Version : Assassin's Creed V In The Works?

STDlyMcStudpants
04-01-2013, 10:19 PM
Ubisoft has recently confirmed they are working on the next Assassins Creed .
They said this AFTER the AC IV announcement. But time to bring forth a few questions.
They decided to add "Black Flag" The the Title. They have never had a Subtitle to a numbered game before. This means 1 or 2 of 2 things.

1: They will have a PS Vita Game and don't want people to get confused like they did with Liberations and buy it thinking it''s the same game as AC 3
2: This new assassin will get A spin off.

My guess is no spin off, we play as his grandson, I think this title will be enough of his family..which all points to 1 thing.....The team that worked on AC Revelations is working on AC 5 and will soon be joined by the AC 3 team once they finish up DLC and Watch Dogs
BUT!! I've said it before and I'll say it again..I want an origin story
Assassins Creed Genesis. I wan't to play as either Adam or Eve.
What would be cool is if they did something like they did with Revelations - make it a 2 Assassin Story and finish off Edward Kenway who travels for one last treasure hunt...the apple of eden and have a struggle as the player in the animus between his memories and Adam/Eve's memories. Going back and forth to bring the story forward and show us where the apple was placed or lost etc.

What do you guys think? will we see an in between game next or AC 5?
It looks like Ubi was serious about no more Assassin trilogy....

Assassin_M
04-01-2013, 10:20 PM
"Assassins creed V in the works ??"

You`re asking that with a straight face ? Of course it`s in the works

MasterAssasin84
04-01-2013, 10:30 PM
Ubi have said Assassins Creed will be a yearly affair !!

STDlyMcStudpants
04-01-2013, 10:31 PM
"Assassins creed V in the works ??"

You`re asking that with a straight face ? Of course it`s in the works

I know it's guaranteed in the plans if they confirmed another game is being worked on.
BUT it could be a potential in between game.
There are a few reasons I believe it will be a smaller game like ACR and ACB rather than AC 5

Assassins Creed 3 was in development in 2009 released 2012
ACB 2010
ACR 2011
Assassins Creed 4 was in development in early 2011 released in 2013
AC4 is wrapping up so obviously the next game has been started in late 2012
BUT there is a beautiful next gen game called Watch Dogs also being developed by this team in between set to release this year/next year and because of that I think there isn't possible enough time to make a numbered title that lives up to the standards placed by AC 2 and AC 3
There is a large possibility that the next numbered title won't be started until the end of this year.

thecodeman715
04-01-2013, 10:33 PM
You lost me...

Assassin_M
04-01-2013, 10:34 PM
I know it's guaranteed in the plans if they confirmed another game is being worked on.
BUT it could be a potential in between game.
There are a few reasons I believe it will be a smaller game like ACR and ACB rather than AC 5

Assassins Creed 3 was in development in 2009 released 2012
ACB 2010
ACR 2011
Assassins Creed 4 was in development in early 2011 released in 2013
AC4 is wrapping up so obviously the next game has been started in late 2012
BUT there is a beautiful next gen game called Watch Dogs also being developed by this team in between set to release this year/next year and because of that I think there isn't possible enough time to make a numbered title that lives up to the standards placed by AC 2 and AC 3
There is a large possibility that the next numbered title won't be started until the end of this year.
Ubisoft has A LOT of teams working on AC games, they basically said that they have more than 2 teams each working on their version of Assassins Creed..I`d be utterly shocked if it was revealed that they have not started on AC 5 right now, indeed it may be a smaller game ike ACB and ACR, but they were probably working on it since early 2012

silvermercy
04-01-2013, 10:35 PM
I don't remember where I've read it but a new collaboration had been announced a while ago with a studio in France and also some other French connections were mentioned which made me suspicious of an AC5 in France. (It would be strange if a French-based company didn't do an AC in France actually... lol) I wish I could remember the article. It was around Christmas when I read it or Dec 2012...

STDlyMcStudpants
04-01-2013, 10:40 PM
I don't remember where I've read it but a new collaboration had been announced a while ago with a studio in France and also some other French connections were mentioned which made me suspicious of an AC5 in France. (It would be strange if a French-based company didn't do an AC actually... lol) I wish I could remember the article. It was around Christmas when I read it or Dec 2012...

Very interesting. The added teams to make up for the watch dogs release doesmake a lot of sense

thecodeman715
04-01-2013, 10:59 PM
I don't remember where I've read it but a new collaboration had been announced a while ago with a studio in France and also some other French connections were mentioned which made me suspicious of an AC5 in France. (It would be strange if a French-based company didn't do an AC in France actually... lol) I wish I could remember the article. It was around Christmas when I read it or Dec 2012...

I've read that too

BATISTABUS
04-01-2013, 11:01 PM
Even if the next released game isn't ACV, it should still be in the works at this point.

ACfan443
04-01-2013, 11:05 PM
God knows how many AC games are secretly in development right now. They've probably replaced human developers with robots to improve efficiency.

Roanark
04-01-2013, 11:30 PM
I hate these yearly releases.... Having a game in the works before the current one is even released means we end up with the same problems as before, they aren't listening to what we think and just start working on another game with no intention of changing what we don't like.

STDlyMcStudpants
04-01-2013, 11:39 PM
I hate these yearly releases.... Having a game in the works before the current one is even released means we end up with the same problems as before, they aren't listening to what we think and just start working on another game with no intention of changing what we don't like.

GREAT point, so obvious yet didn't think of it that way. AC 4 will only address issues we had with AC 1 AC 2 and AC Brotherhood and MAYBE AC Rev
BUT then again, I'm guessing script art and world/level takes quite a few months itself and don't actually work on game play until the middle of their cycle
But they obviously know what theyre doing..critics dont really matter THAT much..I've loved everything released so far but wasnt a giant fan of ship battles....they got lucky that most did and made it 40% of AC 4..I do like how they give of a taste of whats to come in upcoming titles in the game before
It's safe to say with all of the trees and animals we will be venturing into an African or Amazon environment in the future.. But I think it was the armor complaint of AC 2 that got it scratched in AC 3..but with ACB and AC R it was too late as you were touching on

ze_topazio
04-01-2013, 11:40 PM
Of course they are, just look at my signature, i'm already doing publicity.

Assassin_M
04-01-2013, 11:40 PM
the fans dont really matter THAT much
What ?

STDlyMcStudpants
04-01-2013, 11:43 PM
What ?

It's true..the game will sell either way.I edited to say critics because I was typing fast...but an opinion doesn't matter that much

Assassin_M
04-01-2013, 11:45 PM
It's true..the game will sell either way.I edited to say critics because I was typing fast...but an opinion doesn't matter that much
Then yes..agreed xD

Sl1ckM4st3r
04-02-2013, 01:58 AM
Of course it's in the works...probably next year's title. I just need to bring myself to stop buying these games. Ubisoft is good with the hype train usually, but will they actually deliver this time?

MasterAssasin84
04-02-2013, 02:03 PM

I agree with this no matter how much people moan they will buy it !! its called being hooked line and sinker.

RinoTheBouncer
04-02-2013, 04:06 PM
I wanna play as Adam and Eve too in the times of the First Civilization. It's just a perfect setting.