PDA

View Full Version : AC IV : seamless single player and multiplayer ?

menumaxibestof
04-01-2013, 03:21 PM
Now that we know that the present day storyline will place us in the role of an agent of Abstergo with a first-person view, it might be possible that the multiplayer mode will be integrated in the single player mode. I mean that we could be able to choose to relive Edward's memories or to play a multiplayer session, without returning to the main menu interface.

It would make sense since Ubisoft wants to blur the frontier between solo and multiplayer (considering the last interview of Jade Raymond (http://www.gamasutra.com/view/news/189595/Jade_Raymonds_been_thinking_about_the_future_of_AA A_games.php?utm_source=feedburner&utm_medium=feed&utm_campaign=Feed%3A+GamasutraNews+%28Gamasutra+Ne ws%29) and Watch Dogs)

What do you think ?

SixKeys
04-01-2013, 03:33 PM
That makes no sense. In the single-player you're an employee of Abstergo, a researcher doing their job. The multiplayer is an entertainment product directed at consumers through Abstergo Entertainment. You wouldn't play video games at work (unless it's your job, obv).

Assassin_M
04-01-2013, 03:40 PM
That makes no sense. In the single-player you're an employee of Abstergo, a researcher doing their job. The multiplayer is an entertainment product directed at consumers through Abstergo Entertainment. You wouldn't play video games at work (unless it's your job, obv).
Well, the MP changed views, right ? in ACB and ACR you`re Otso, then in AC III you`re just a consumer playing the game, what`s not to say that changes ? or heck, the consumer is now working at Abstergo ??

Bastiaen
04-01-2013, 05:37 PM
I had a thought this weekend that AC4 may be similar to AC3's mulitplayer interface. We won't be playing first person. No, we'll be interfacing with menus. I have mixed feelings about this.

pacmanate
04-01-2013, 05:38 PM
No one plays MP :P

Assassin_M
04-01-2013, 05:39 PM
I had a thought this weekend that AC4 may be similar to AC3's mulitplayer interface. We won't be playing first person. No, we'll be interfacing with menus. I have mixed feelings about this.
I don`t think they`d do that....I also think I`v heard first person somewhere before, so it`s most likely first person

AssassinHMS
04-01-2013, 05:58 PM

Well there are a few people who care a lot about AC's MP. Allthough, personaly, I would rather if they ditched Multiplayer and focused only in single player (maybe with co-op)

pacmanate
04-01-2013, 06:00 PM
Well there are a few people who care a lot about AC's MP. Allthough, personaly, I would rather if they ditched Multiplayer and focused only in single player (maybe with co-op)

APRIL FOOLSSSS! Hehe.

OT. It would be hard to make sense of why you, the player, is looking at Edwards memories and at the same time training in MP?

AvK KiNgKoBrA
04-01-2013, 08:36 PM

But ur still reliving the Animi Avatars memories so it could work, tho Ubi's bein real hush hush bout the MP changes

Soulid_Snake
04-01-2013, 11:19 PM

If you're a trophy ho like me, sadly, you'll be forced into playing it!