PDA

View Full Version : Battlefield 4 release date announced -- to compete against AC4

Stardust235
04-01-2013, 02:13 AM
http://forums.xbox.com/xbox_forums/b/community_blog/archive/2013/03/27/ea-and-dice-reveal-battlefield-4.aspx
So, which do you guys think will win? (in terms of sales, because we all know that AC4 is gonna be better)
BF4 can very easily grab the attention of the CoD market as many CoD players have been complaining about Black Ops 2, but AC already has a strong following. IMO, I think AC will win on day one sales, but BF4 will eventually sell more.

Sl1ckM4st3r
04-01-2013, 02:16 AM
http://forums.xbox.com/xbox_forums/b/community_blog/archive/2013/03/27/ea-and-dice-reveal-battlefield-4.aspx
So, which do you guys think will win? (in terms of sales, because we all know that AC4 is gonna be better)
BF4 can very easily grab the attention of the CoD market as many CoD players have been complaining about Black Ops 2, but AC already has a strong following. IMO, I think AC will win on day one sales, but BF4 will eventually sell more.

Battlefield 4 will get all the FPS market, which is obviously bigger. AC4 will get the smart people who like history.

ProletariatPleb
04-01-2013, 02:39 AM
Third person is never beating fps in sales mate and AC doesn't have as big a following.

PandaPuff86
04-01-2013, 02:39 AM
A majority of people like mindless action mp and screw the story/mission stuff, so therefore BF4 wins unfortunately.

Stardust235
04-01-2013, 02:45 AM
Third person is never beating fps in sales mate and AC doesn't have as big a following.
All AC's since AC2 have sold over 8 mil (except for the mobile ones) iirc.

ProletariatPleb
04-01-2013, 02:56 AM
All AC's since AC2 have sold over 8 mil (except for the mobile ones) iirc.
First thing is, sales != good game. But if you really wish to compare to the fps market, lol

Battlefield 3:
* Battlefield 3 garnered 3 million pre-orders by the day of its release.
* Two days after launch, EA CEO John Riccitiello announced via a conference call to investors that Battlefield 3 has already shipped 10 million units within a week of release.
* Title sold 5 million units within the first week of availability.
* After one month, EA chief financial officer Eric Brown announced Battlefield 3 had sold 8 million copies, and shipped 12 million copies of the game to retailers, 2 million more than it shipped for launch week.

Last CoD:
* 7.5 million copies sold on launch day.
* Black Ops II went on to gross $1 billion in the first 15 days of availability.

Stardust235
04-01-2013, 03:15 AM
First thing is, sales != good game. But if you really wish to compare to the fps market, lol

Battlefield 3:
* Two days after launch, EA CEO John Riccitiello announced via a conference call to investors that Battlefield 3 has already shipped 10 million units within a week of release.
* After one month, EA chief financial officer Eric Brown announced Battlefield 3 had sold 8 million copies, and shipped 12 million copies of the game to retailers, 2 million more than it shipped for launch week.

Last CoD:
* Black Ops II went on to gross $1 billion in the first 15 days of availability.
Well -- you got me unable to come up with an argument, well done.

nunosilva13
04-01-2013, 03:22 AM

Battlefield 3:

Last CoD:

The biggest difference lies on the PC Players. At first, the majority of Bf3 players play on PC, not to talk that there is quite a lot of ppl pirating Assassin's Creed on PC (when they do buy cod for the mp).

Ac always have a cracked version online 1 week before its PC release.... That's beyond sad given the amount of lost customers due the abusive DRM ubisoft used for Ac2 and AcB.o

pirate1802
04-01-2013, 03:23 AM
Lol, Battlefield 3.5 release date announced? I know my friends are gonna squeal with joy and pressurize me to buy it. :P

roostersrule2
04-01-2013, 03:28 AM
All AC's since AC2 have sold over 8 mil (except for the mobile ones) iirc.AC2? AC1 is the 3rd or 2nd highest seller. But yea the only game that will compete with the FPS markets is FIFA (on a good year) and the only one that can eclipse it is GTA.

Megas_Doux
04-01-2013, 03:43 AM
Blockbuster FPS´s are in a league of their own in terms of sales!

With that being said, I just do not care about that specific title.

Sl1ckM4st3r
04-01-2013, 06:31 AM
The majority of gamers like mindless shooters where all you do is run and shoot, so therefore Battlefield 4 will most likely sell more. It's just how it is sadly.

hoodrat94
04-01-2013, 07:31 AM
They have different fan base, so I don't think they can affect each other. But the only mammoth that can beat both BF4 and AC4 is GTA 5. Fortunately gta5 is coming out 1.5 months earlier than ac.
As much as I love ac, I seriously doubt it can overtake GTA!

Assassin's creed could easily become another GTA, Ubi needs to hold their horses and take it easy! But greed is going to ruin it.

Aphex_Tim
04-01-2013, 07:50 AM
(because we all know that AC4 is gonna be better)

Now, I know we're on an AC forum but that's just a stupid thing to say.
First of all because you can't possibly compare these two games.
Battlefield 4 is a modern day first person shooter based on multiplayer and online teamwork; AC4 is a third person action-adventure game based on history and story.

Second, both of these games haven't even released yet and we've seen very little of either game. You can't conclude anything from that.

Don't forget that the Battlefield series has been around since 2002 and has had a strong following ever since. So it's not just to grab the "CoD market".

A majority of people like mindless action mp and screw the story/mission stuff, so therefore BF4 wins unfortunately.

Since Battlefield is mostly based on multiplayer i'd hardly say it's mindless. That's like saying AC is mindless cause you're just running around, stabbing people.

Abeonis
04-01-2013, 12:07 PM
I think the more important observation people should be making from this is that Battlefield 4, AC4 and (AFAIK) the new Killzone are all releasing on this date. I detect the faintest scent of a next-gen launch date here...

pacmanate
04-01-2013, 12:09 PM
Seriously? Ones a shooter, the other is not. There is no competition.

AND OMG THAT MEANS BF4 is on PS4!!!! YES YES YES!

roostersrule2
04-01-2013, 12:09 PM
I think the more important observation people should be making from this is that Battlefield 4, AC4 and (AFAIK) the new Killzone are all releasing on this date. I detect the faintest scent of a next-gen launch date here...You might be onto something here.

pacmanate
04-01-2013, 12:28 PM
You might be onto something here.

Well... AC4 launches October 30th in the US and 1st November in the UK/Europe.

However, adds for the US AC4 say "Also coming to next gen consoles", meaning that even in the US, PS4 could release in November sometime.

BUT, just because these games are releasing on 1st November, it does not necessarily mean that this is the release date of the next console. It could be a week later, who knows.

AC games have always release October and November so there is nothing new here. Battlefield looks like it wants to take on CoD again. Killzone has no release date?

Conclusion = You can't see a pattern.

nitres15
04-01-2013, 12:43 PM
to me battlefield is one of those "look at our engine" games, i wish they did something interesting with it . I mean, imagine a Deus ex type of game with those graphics.

Mr_Shade
04-01-2013, 01:32 PM
Battlefield 4 will get all the FPS market, which is obviously bigger. AC4 will get the smart people who like history.
lol well said.

The games are different - and those who love them, will get the one they prefer - OR both ;)

You might be onto something here.

yeah, very strange..

pacmanate
04-01-2013, 01:33 PM
This sucks.

Battlefield 4
Assassins Creed 4
Watch_Dogs
Killzone Shadowfall
Infamous: Second Son (Potentially)

ALL AS LAUNCH TITLES?!

WHAT IS A MAN TO DO.

WHAT IS A MAN TO DO!!!!

UrDeviant1
04-01-2013, 01:53 PM
This sucks.

Battlefield 4
Assassins Creed 4
Watch_Dogs
Killzone Shadowfall

ALL AS LAUNCH TITLES?!

WHAT IS A MAN TO DO.

WHAT IS A MAN TO DO!!!!

£200 worth of games right there.

Buy them all. :rolleyes:

Dosenwabe
04-01-2013, 02:07 PM
Pokemon XY will kill them all. But seriously, the most expensive game year ever.

UrDeviant1
04-01-2013, 02:14 PM
There's only ONE game I'll be playing until ACIV, and that's:

http://3.bp.blogspot.com/-sqKGoekuXfs/UAKNGCRN0PI/AAAAAAAAAEY/x5VyUaaqdUc/s1600/injustice-gods-among-us-fighting-game-wallpaper.jpg

Just sayin'

ProletariatPleb
04-01-2013, 02:48 PM
to me battlefield is one of those "look at our engine" games, i wish they did something interesting with it . I mean, imagine a Deus ex type of game with those graphics.
Except...they do? DICE has always pushed technological boundaries. They use actual objects for bullets instead of what almost all other games use - hitscan. They use a mixture of serverside and clientside hitdetection, while other games use serverside mostly. Not to forget Battlefield 3 is one of the prettiest looking shooters, Crysis 3 looks better because that's all there is to it but it went to **** with the third title, post processing everywhere.

The Mass Effect and Dragon Age III will use Frostbite 3, be happy.

nitres15
04-01-2013, 03:02 PM
Except...they do? DICE has always pushed technological boundaries. They use actual objects for bullets instead of what almost all other games use - hitscan. They use a mixture of serverside and clientside hitdetection, while other games use serverside mostly. Not to forget Battlefield 3 is one of the prettiest looking shooters, Crysis 3 looks better because that's all there is to it but it went to **** with the third title, post processing everywhere.

The Mass Effect and Dragon Age III will use Frostbite 3, be happy.
so your point is that... bullet-serverside-something-detection is something to be exited about ? Deus ex:HR for example, is a first person shooter. And it doesn´t have any that. And yet it is a thausand times more fun than the latest "shoot the terrorist simulator"

ProletariatPleb
04-01-2013, 03:10 PM
so your point is that... bullet-serverside-something-detection is something to be exited about ? Deus ex:HR for example, is a first person shooter. And it doesn´t have any that. And yet it is a thausand times more fun than the latest "shoot the terrorist simulator"
No, you stated that you wish they did something interesting with it, and I stated the interesting things they did with it that no other game does, and yes I find technology exciting. Deus Ex is not a multiplayer game, the things I talked about were multiplayer specific because Battlefield is a MULTIPLAYER ORIENTED game. Please don't tell me how "fun" DXHR is, it's one of the series I absolutely love, since the dawn of time, since the first game. And it still beats the **** out of Human Revolution.

ACfan443
04-01-2013, 03:23 PM
This sucks.

Battlefield 4
Assassins Creed 4
Watch_Dogs
Killzone Shadowfall

ALL AS LAUNCH TITLES?!

WHAT IS A MAN TO DO.

WHAT IS A MAN TO DO!!!!

Save up them £££

pacmanate
04-01-2013, 05:21 PM
But, £400 for console and £200 for games? :(

Tbf, I wouldnt even be able to juggle that many games. I could juggle AC4 and a new IP like Watch_Dogs, but not all of them haha. I think for launch I will be getting.

Ah CRAP. All of them. Screw it.

ProletariatPleb
04-01-2013, 05:31 PM
But, £400 for console and £200 for games? :(

And they still have to sell it at loss...

Megas_Doux
04-01-2013, 05:32 PM
I already bought TR!

And I planning to do the same with Watchdogs, Last of Us and AC IV. But that I wont preorder unless I see something uber awesome at E3.

pacmanate
04-01-2013, 05:34 PM

not my problem :D

Soulid_Snake
04-01-2013, 05:50 PM

But, they'll make it up through their own games development studios, quite easily.

pacmanate
04-01-2013, 06:01 PM
But, they'll make it up through their own games development studios, quite easily.

And who cares :P we get to play on next gen consoles WOOOOOOOO!

Soulid_Snake
04-01-2013, 10:08 PM

You're a lucky geezer, it's gonna be a while before I move to next gen!

pacmanate
04-01-2013, 10:14 PM
You're a lucky geezer, it's gonna be a while before I move to next gen!

AH bro, just start saving now, thats what Im doing :)

tinrisky
04-02-2013, 03:12 AM
I'm a fan of both. These two games have no quarrel with one another. So we should think nothing of it.

montagemik
04-02-2013, 03:46 AM

PS4 have PS3 game backwards compatability ??

ProletariatPleb
04-02-2013, 03:49 AM
Lol no that's impossible.

pacmanate
04-02-2013, 01:00 PM

Nope, BUT every single PS1 and PS2 game will be available on PS4 as digital downloads :D!!!! You know what that means

THE SIMPSONS HIT AND RUN!!!!

Abeonis
04-02-2013, 10:34 PM
Glad I'll be sticking with the Xbox 720; I don't have to worry myself about inFamous or Killzone and I will most likely get backwards compatibility on day one.

ACfan443
04-02-2013, 10:36 PM
Glad I'll be sticking with the Xbox 720; I don't have to worry myself about inFamous or Killzone and I will most likely get backwards compatibility on day one.

You'll also have the pleasure of mandatory kinect, prohibition of used games and DRM :)

pacmanate
04-03-2013, 10:16 AM
For the PS4 you can download PS1, PS2 and PS3 games, every single Playstation game DIRECT to your PS4. What more do you want?

Abeonis
04-03-2013, 06:30 PM
You'll also have the pleasure of mandatory kinect, prohibition of used games and DRM :)

For a start, I have a Kinect unit now. Secondly, if you honestly believe any console developer will introduce used game blocks or DRM at a console level (what the game developers and publishers do is another matter) then you need re-educating.

pacmanate
04-03-2013, 10:48 PM
For a start, I have a Kinect unit now. Secondly, if you honestly believe any console developer will introduce used game blocks or DRM at a console level (what the game developers and publishers do is another matter) then you need re-educating.

Firstly, why did you buy a kinect?!
Secondly, there have been rumours of games being console locked.

xx-pyro
04-03-2013, 11:22 PM
Microsoft would be smart to lock their console assuming Sony does the same. That way any console players who switch to PC are still helping Microsoft assuming they use standard Windows software. Helps them outcompete Macs in that regard.

Has the XBOX been announced? The rumoured specs for PS4 were spot on, and assuming the same can be said for the Nextbox there should be 0 reason for anyone to downgrade from PS4 to Nextbox unless the price margin is over like $50.

ProletariatPleb
04-03-2013, 11:34 PM
The rumoured specs for PS4 were spot on
Actually...

http://www.vg247.com/2013/03/28/ps4-xbox-720-final-hardware-specs-still-a-mystery-says-dice/

xx-pyro
04-03-2013, 11:55 PM
Actually...

http://www.vg247.com/2013/03/28/ps4-xbox-720-final-hardware-specs-still-a-mystery-says-dice/

Sorry hardware, but as someone who specializes in computers nobody actually gives a hoot about the terminological difference. Better for you?

ProletariatPleb
04-04-2013, 12:04 AM
Sorry hardware, but as someone who specializes in computers nobody actually gives a hoot about the terminological difference. Better for you?
No Mr.I'll-ignore-everything-they-say, for one I have no idea which terminological difference you're talking about, also remember the last time Sony told the "specs" for a certain device?

ACfan443
04-04-2013, 12:13 AM

I'm sure the used game market has an effect on the overall profit console developers make (and piracy alike), since the only return they achieve is through the sale of games, not the console itself. So it only seems logical for them to want to introduce used game blocks and DRM(I'm aware the notion of used game block is one which would put off potential customers). I'm no expert in this field, so by all means "re-educate" me if I'm mistaken/missing facts.

xx-pyro
04-04-2013, 12:16 AM
No Mr.I'll-ignore-everything-they-say, for one I have no idea which terminological difference you're talking about, also remember the last time Sony told the "specs" for a certain device?

No I bought my PS3 late actually and technically specs don't only refer to hardware they refer to things like OS's as well, so I thought you meant we don't specifically know the "specs" of the system but we do know the hardware.

What did Sony lie about when releasing the PS3/whatever you're referring to? (I bought it for the blu-ray and free online play.)

ProletariatPleb
04-04-2013, 03:55 AM
No I bought my PS3 late actually and technically specs don't only refer to hardware they refer to things like OS's as well, so I thought you meant we don't specifically know the "specs" of the system but we do know the hardware.

What did Sony lie about when releasing the PS3/whatever you're referring to? (I bought it for the blu-ray and free online play.)
Ah, lol then perhaps we got off on the wrong foot. No I meant everything.

And about the PS3, well it's been a long time but I remember a few hardware stuff they said earlier like, 2 HDMI ports, boomerang controller, 4 ethernet ports, 6 USB but that didn't happen there were a few other non-hardware thing I believe but I can't recall atm.

Similar happened with PS2.