PDA

View Full Version : Why I think L.A. Noire and Assassins Creed are one in the same...

Sl1ckM4st3r
04-01-2013, 02:12 AM
L.A. Noire and Assassins Creed may both appear different games at their core, but a lot of it is actually based around the same things. Of course the story differs, but the concept around what was created and partially the way that the game plays is very similar to Assassins Creed. For example:

- The Database: In Assassins Creed, everyone knows that there is an extensive database on all the real historical locations. You can go there and find out tons of new information about the different locations scattered throughout and find out things you didn't know before. This is also present in L.A. Noire. Now all this brings me to my next point.

- Real recreated historical locations: In L.A. Noire, locations are all recreated to be 1947 Los Angeles. Like Assassins Creed, they were recreated using historical context and blueprints. Assassins Creed also prides itself in recreating real historical locations to be almost exactly how they were. Both games can pride themselves in this.

- Parkour: While parkour may not be the main thing in L.A. Noire, it is very present and seems to be one of the main things that you spend doing in the game. A lot of the chases in L.A. Noire was done using parkour across rooptops and over fences to catch a criminal. The same thing is with Assassins Creed. With Assassins Creed, the obvious main thing revolves around the parkour.

- Not being able to kill civilians: In the first Assassins Creeds, of course you could kill civilians, but you could potentially be penalized if you do it too much. In Assassins Creed 3, you could not do it at all. In L.A. Noire you can not do it at all or have to glitch things up to be able to do it. This is another way that the games are very similar.

Investigations: Present in Assassins Creed 3 and L.A. Noire were investigating things in a certain area and then finding a target through that. This happened through finding blood splatter on the ground, bullet wounds in a dead carcass, and sometimes even beyond that.

As you can see, the games are very similar at the core of the game. It's amazing how much pride has been taken into both. What do you guys think?

nunosilva13
04-01-2013, 02:19 AM
- Not being able to kill civilians: In the first Assassins Creeds, of course you could kill civilians, but you could potentially be penalized if you do it too much. In Assassins Creed 3, you could not do it at all. In L.A. Noire you can not do it at all or have to glitch things up to be able to do it. This is another way that the games are very similar.

Did u really play Ac3? Just aim at civilians and press Square(ps3)/X(xbox) after chosing the weapon of your preference (Triangle/Y for ranged)....Same can be done with domestic animals AND you don't have to skin them and listen connor saying "yamma" XDDD

Sl1ckM4st3r
04-01-2013, 02:21 AM
Did u really play Ac3? Just aim at civilians and press Square(ps3)/X(xbox) after chosing the weapon of your preference (Triangle/Y for ranged)....Same can be done with domestic animals AND you don't have to skin them and listen connor saying "yamma" XDDD

I realize if you do it properly you can kill them. Same with L.A. Noire.

doogsy91
04-01-2013, 02:45 AM
L.A. Noire's scripting, narrative and characterisation >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> AC's.

The ACs look like they were written by kiddies for kiddies compared to Rockstar's games.

roostersrule2
04-01-2013, 03:25 AM
As much as I love L.A. Noire (Has my favourite story in a game) it's really nothing like AC. In reality you could get any game and compare with another in some way or another.

TRUKITTN
04-01-2013, 05:00 AM
I just started up LA Noire a few days ago. So far it feels more like Crackdown with some Phoenix Wright elements. Heh. I should like it! But I wouldn't compare it to AC myself right now. Maybe I'll feel differently when I beat it.

shobhit7777777
04-01-2013, 05:38 AM
I think this comparison is daft

As daft as calling Uncharted and Gears of War the same based on a few common mechanics.

L.A. Noire's scripting, narrative and characterisation >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> AC's.

The ACs look like they were written by kiddies for kiddies compared to Rockstar's games.

This

Holy ****...no wonder the franchise is schizo.....when the fans themselves don't know what the core of the game is. Its all starting to make sense now.

Sl1ckM4st3r
04-01-2013, 06:32 AM
As much as I love L.A. Noire (Has my favourite story in a game) it's really nothing like AC. In reality you could get any game and compare with another in some way or another.

The whole history aspect is what makes it so similar to Assassins Creed. At first glance you would do anything but compare it to Assassins Creed, but at its core it shares a lot of similarities with it.

roostersrule2
04-01-2013, 06:37 AM
The whole history aspect is what makes it so similar to Assassins Creed. At first glance you would do anything but compare it to Assassins Creed, but at its core it shares a lot of similarities with it.Well that would mean every historical game is similar to Assassins Creed.

TinyTemplar
04-01-2013, 08:53 AM
It would have never occurred to me to compare AC to LA Noire. This thread is... surprising )))

UrDeviant1
04-01-2013, 10:04 AM
http://2.bp.blogspot.com/-A3aw2uPmA9o/TkbCzRS4bFI/AAAAAAAAAB4/GyvgRtUGvAw/s1600/No.png

roostersrule2
04-01-2013, 11:50 AM
http://2.bp.blogspot.com/-A3aw2uPmA9o/TkbCzRS4bFI/AAAAAAAAAB4/GyvgRtUGvAw/s1600/No.pngMaybe, but I can't really understand what you're trying to say.