PDA

View Full Version : AC IV- Black Chest Edition.

Legionario-Cero
03-31-2013, 10:48 PM
So I've seen the upcoming editions published, obviously what seems the best and most meaty edition is the black chest edition, which is exclusive to Uplay, now I got an e-mail from ubisoft about the editions, with a "pre-order now" feature, when I went to the uplay website all I saw was an option to purchase the pc digital edition of the game.
Now I'm from Israel, so I'm assuming it's simply blocked to my IP address since they probably do not send it to here.
so my question is, why is the option to purchase the black chest edition isn't available to all countries?
and can you guys from the US/UK see the option to pre-order it when you go to the Uplay website?

rrebe
03-31-2013, 11:03 PM
there already is a thread about the availability of this edition here as a sticky http://forums.ubi.com/showthread.php/761092-Ubisoft%C2%AE-unveils-assassin%E2%80%99s-creed%C2%AE-iv-black-flag-collector%E2%80%99s-editions-for-emea-areas

but I'd guess this reply from Mr_Shade might answer your question http://forums.ubi.com/showthread.php/761092-Ubisoft%C2%AE-unveils-assassin%E2%80%99s-creed%C2%AE-iv-black-flag-collector%E2%80%99s-editions-for-emea-areas?p=8999711&viewfull=1#post8999711

pacmanate
03-31-2013, 11:05 PM
We can (UK people), those are UK/Europe editions anyway.

Legionario-Cero
03-31-2013, 11:13 PM
So what do US people get?

rrebe
03-31-2013, 11:17 PM
I don't think it's been announced yet officially.

Legionario-Cero
03-31-2013, 11:20 PM
It's upsetting that if I want the black chest edition I have to buy it off ebay for a rip off price.
And now if I wait to see the american editions, and end up not liking them, the black chest editions will probably be sold out by then.

pacmanate
03-31-2013, 11:21 PM
So what do US people get?

Nothing. Yet :P

US editions always get released later for no good reason. Well, there reason last year was to give you guys something good, and look how that turned out. You will find out eventually however I don't know the real reason why you guys don't get to find out your editions.

IF you really want to buy it on PS3/PS4, Blu Ray is Region Free. So you could import it, then all you have to do is make a UK PSN account to use the download codes. Once you use the download codes and go onto your non UK account the DLC will be there. Lord praise the PS3!

Legionario-Cero
03-31-2013, 11:27 PM
Nothing. Yet :P

US editions always get released later for no good reason. Well, there reason last year was to give you guys something good, and look how that turned out. You will find out eventually however I don't know the real reason why you guys don't get to find out your editions.

IF you really want to buy it on PS3/PS4, Blu Ray is Region Free. So you could import it, then all you have to do is make a UK PSN account to use the download codes. Once you use the download codes and go onto your non UK account the DLC will be there. Lord praise the PS3!
I get screwed from both ways, because I'm not from the UK nor from the US, the reason I talked about the US is because I have family there.
if I count as europ when it comes down to ps3 regions, and I import a US version of the game, when I play the multiplayer, will it only match me to US servers? meaning I'll suffer from major lags?
and about the editions, only way I've found to get the black chest edition out of UPLAY is from ebay, which is being sold for over double the original price, not including shipping, I think the price in UPLAY was for about 120 -130 euro, the price on ebay for it is 250$ plus 90$ shipping, which is crazy.