PDA

View Full Version : What is the name of "Haytham's Theme" in the soundtrack? [spoilers]

Rakudaton
03-31-2013, 01:43 PM
There's a certain little piece of music that gets played around Haytham a lot, and I can't for the life of me find its name. It's got the same haunting melody as "Connor's Life" (the bit of it that plays when you go into Haytham's death scene memory corridor) but is played on a different instrument, something almost like an oboe. You hear it for the first time on the ship to America, when Haytham returns to his cabin for the first time to go and write in his journal.

Anyway I've been going through all the soundtrack and cannot find it. Does anyone have any idea?

Assassin_M
03-31-2013, 01:54 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DTBu-fkPPnc&list=PL7kkLzWvoe9dLoyjE90H3_Wbfk5gGGCPb

exactly minute 1:04

roostersrule2
03-31-2013, 02:15 PM
It's basically a more sinister version of Connor's Life, I like it

Rakudaton
03-31-2013, 06:12 PM
Thanks M, to the rescue as always :D any idea why this isn't in the OST?

Assassin_M
03-31-2013, 06:22 PM
No Problem :)

and no idea. there`s over 200 tracks not on the official soundtrack and they`re not anything similar to the ones already there; they`re all very different...there`re a lot of people on youtube who upload the unreleased work, though...I`v managed to rip a few myself..

Megas_Doux
03-31-2013, 06:25 PM

AC3 has GREAT music!!!!!

The problem is, you dont get to hear it.......

kuled2012
03-31-2013, 06:46 PM
http://www.youtube.com/user/kosappiuni
You should check that channel out for unrelased soundtracks regarding AC3 :)

dewgel
03-31-2013, 08:28 PM
The soundtrack's list is always available before the game, so I think as part of their "Hide Haytham" ideals, they probably didn't want any trail leading back to him. If I heard the sample for Haytham's theme before playing the game I'd have sat there confused.

Legendz54
04-01-2013, 12:28 AM
It's basically a more sinister version of Connor's Life, I like it

I was just about to say that, i like what they did there with that piece of music, good and evil versions.