PDA

View Full Version : Assassins Creed 4 story co op

SuizideKing
03-30-2013, 11:40 PM
I know there were rumors of drop in drop out co op. Has this been confirmed or debunked? I think this would be the greatest move they could make. Even if it was implemented in a way where your buddy was just one of your shipmates, so as not to mess with the story in anyway.

I mean how fun would it be to explore the world with your friend, sneaking around attacking a group of enemies from different sides.

Assassin_M
03-30-2013, 11:41 PM
It`s been confirmed that there`ll be no such thing in AC IV at least...no one knows what they may do later...

and to be honest, the idea does not really appeal to me a whole lot

OSantaClownO
03-30-2013, 11:47 PM
It`s been confirmed that there`ll be no such thing in AC IV at least...no one knows what they may do later...

and to be honest, the idea does not really appeal to me a whole lot

As they already stated - it's not logic that two will "login" into the same memory. It's your memories, your remember it the way it happend. - Making a CO-OP will be stating "We care more about Gameplay and less about Logic / Plot / Story. Which will be a shame - Sorry but I won't support.

Wolfpack is a COOP tho, so.

SuizideKing
03-30-2013, 11:54 PM
Yea I "kind of" liked wolf pack, but I just wished there was more to it. Don't get me wrong i truly enjoy the assassins creed series(I've played all of them even got a vita for liberation). I already preordered Black Flag.
I understand your story concerns, maybe if they just fleshed out the Wolf Pack mode more. Anyway thanks for the info!

OSantaClownO
03-31-2013, 12:41 AM
Yea I "kind of" liked wolf pack, but I just wished there was more to it. Don't get me wrong i truly enjoy the assassins creed series(I've played all of them even got a vita for liberation). I already preordered Black Flag.
I understand your story concerns, maybe if they just fleshed out the Wolf Pack mode more. Anyway thanks for the info!

I agree Wolfpack is a bit too much Multiplayer with bots, it will be nice to make an actual sequence with a story dedicated to COOP (which will be unrelated to the main-cannon, similar to how it's in Far Cry 3)

SuizideKing
03-31-2013, 02:42 AM
Good idea! That would be fun I think, some narrative but separate from the main games story. In current form,wolf pack, you don't have time to really plan your kills well because you are always racing the clock. I hope they do something different with wolf pack mode for AC 4.

nunosilva13
03-31-2013, 03:01 AM
Well, since abstergo can now take any1's DNA and put another person seeing his ancestors' life, and they can aswell make life-like experiences as is the ac multiplayer, i believe they could also make fictional-customizable personas that can play the singleplayer missions but in co-op (adding some dificult like more guards requiring team work for not alerting the rest of the guards).

SuizideKing
04-01-2013, 07:01 PM
Well, since abstergo can now take any1's DNA and put another person seeing his ancestors' life, and they can aswell make life-like experiences as is the ac multiplayer, i believe they could also make fictional-customizable personas that can play the singleplayer missions but in co-op (adding some dificult like more guards requiring team work for not alerting the rest of the guards).

Maybe it could "unlock" when you finish the main story. In the same sense as how you can unlock the hacks(cheats) in AC3.

jamgamerforever
04-01-2013, 08:19 PM
The introduction of co-op usually comes with the importance of story decreasing. Keep the story and the multiplayer separate.