PDA

View Full Version : Which Assassins Creed had the best Economy system

MasterAssasin84
03-29-2013, 11:29 PM
One of the things that i though AC2 made a major breakthrough on the AC series was its economy system i really collecting paintings and weapons to decorate the villa with and opening new shops to earn money to buy upgrades for Ezio , it kind of added more longevity to the game, whilst i felt there was not much difference between ACB and ACR i felts AC3 really built on what the previous games had, admitingly it took a bit of getting used to but none the less it was fantastic and i hope AC4 implements something similar.

What are your thoughts and what AC had the best Economic structure ?

Stardust235
03-29-2013, 11:43 PM
Brotherhood for sure.

dxsxhxcx
03-29-2013, 11:43 PM
AC2 had the best economic system, IMO this is the kind of feature that should be simple, buy shops in ACB/R IMO was a waste of time and far from being an enjoyable experience, in AC3 you was able to avoid crafting and advanced forms of trade (caravans/ships) selling what you collected but IMO put more time and resources than they did in AC2 is a waste of time...

ArabianFrost
03-29-2013, 11:53 PM
I'd say none. The whole combat system is counter-attack based, so weapons have nearly no difference between each other. Why the hell would I buy something if it'll never really make a difference? What incentive do I have to raise money? If there are none, why bother in investing in the first place? AC3 had a sort of good economic system but it was way too complicated with little to no tutorials. Even then, I still didn't have a single incentive to try and make money, because new weapons remained redundant. The only thing I can think of buying are outfits and ammo pouches, but they never required heavily investing time in a complicated economic.

Ragsash
03-30-2013, 12:24 AM
Noone of them was good.
but the one in AC3 was beter than the others.
Its not a good system (AC2,AC bro,AC rev) where it rewards you for leave the game on and go and watch tv. (even fable 3 did it beter and fable 3 did nothing good)

AC at least tried to change that ridiculous system...sure that system really really needs improving. but if they change it and make it good in black flag it has the potential to be awesome.

nunosilva13
03-30-2013, 01:52 AM
Ofc Ac1 had the best economy system!

I wonder if we will ever have another Ac where we are really apprentices like Altair was after he was "demoted" to rank 0.

Roanark
03-30-2013, 05:21 AM
Honestly, I haven't cared much for any of them...
AC2/B made you outrageously rich in no time while AC:R was made annoying and AC3 was simply over-complicated and very boring.
Why can't we just act like actual assassins and make money off murder?

jenyto
03-30-2013, 06:05 AM
AC3 seems to be the better one. But yea, making money is kinda meh overall, better weapons don't really matter when any counter is a KO anyway. The only inventive was for the ship.

I'm guessing AC4 might follow the same system. Since we travel by ship all the time, it will need upgrades.

What I would hope is that if the boat takes dmg, those dmgs are permanent rather then recovers after battle. That way you constantly need money to repair.

TinyTemplar
03-30-2013, 07:57 AM
I like Monteriggioni system more. AC 3 crafting, tomatoes collecting and caravans sending are boring. I feel like I'm playing a facebook farming game.

Assassin_M
03-30-2013, 08:01 AM
AC III hands down. AC II`s system was as stagnant as Kristen Stewart on a good day...

EVERYTHING was with the push of a button, no trade and no money flow....you just sit there..

I REALLY wish they do not listen to people who want AC II`s system back

UrDeviant1
03-30-2013, 08:11 AM
I can play every Assassins Creed game without spending a penny (unless forced), so I don't really care. But if I really HAD to choose, I'd say AC3.

TinyTemplar
03-30-2013, 08:14 AM
EVERYTHING was with the push of a button, no trade and no money flow....you just sit there..

1. AC is not an economic strategy. We have to upgrade our stuff by earning points while killing targets.
2. All their attempts to turn it into Facebook Farm Town are ridiculous.

Assassin_M
03-30-2013, 08:16 AM
1. AC is not an economic strategy. We have to upgrade our stuff by earning points while killing targets.
2. All their attempts to turn it into Facebook Farm Town are ridiculous.
My opinion is not up for correction, but just let me add what I think about your correction...

It`s ridiculous

TinyTemplar
03-30-2013, 08:20 AM
I wasn't trying to correct you, lol

Assassin_M
03-30-2013, 08:21 AM
I wasn't trying
Well you did a damm terrible job..

TinyTemplar
03-30-2013, 08:27 AM
Well you did a damm terrible job..
I just express my opinion about AC crafting system. I have no idea what's wrong with you.

Assassin_M
03-30-2013, 08:28 AM
I just express my opinion about AC crafting system..
OK ? well you failed the second time..now get away from me

TRUKITTN
03-30-2013, 09:28 AM
My vote is for AC3 too.

While I liked knowing that my Ezio owned most of Rome and Constantinople... At some point the amount of money he had was just ridiculous. It started to become a bit of a chore, since my OCDness about such things wouldn't let a deposit fail by letting the bank get full. I can just imagine the trouble Mr. Auditore had trying to find room for all those coins in his various pockets and pouches. I'm surprised he didn't burst into showers of gold when he hit the ground too hard or someone ran into him.

Of course, eventually the same thing happened to Connor, but it took a lot longer to get there, and I loved how the AC3 system was a little more involved than the Renaissance Real Estate business. If there had been more ways to upgrade the ship or possibly the house and other people's houses on the homestead outside of quests, and sink all that money into doing so, I'd of been perfectly happy with it. Perhaps we will see something of the sort with AC4, if Grampa Kenway has to build and maintain his own pirate fleet.

RizkyFirdaus
03-30-2013, 10:35 AM
AC Brotherhood, i think

Black_Widow9
03-30-2013, 10:54 AM
I say AC3.

Another reason besides some that were listed above was I liked that you had to defend your Convoys and I felt it added some responsibility to what you were doing. You wanted to go help defend them because they were yours and you wanted that money.

Sushiglutton
03-30-2013, 11:21 AM
AC3 has by far the most advanced and built out economy system. However they didn't quite manage to pull it off imo. First there were some very annoying interface problems that made crafting/trading a chore (such as if you wanted to send ten bottles of cider you had to assign them to a ship one by one. Also the upgrades you could only do once did not disappear from the menu). Secondly the game lacked interesting things to buy besides the ship upgrades. This was a big shame as it meant there was no real incentive to continue playing the economy game.

What AC3 did great was to connect all its different systems. For example taking over forts lowered taxes, doing homestead missions opened up a lot of possibilities, hunting gave you materials, naval missions lowered the risk of trading by sea and so on. But that's pretty much AC3 in a nutshell. Great ideas, not so great execution. I hope AC4 can figure it out as gold is an important part of piracy.

MasterAssasin84
03-30-2013, 11:48 AM
AC3 has by far the most advanced and built out economy system. However they didn't quite manage to pull it off imo. First there were some very annoying interface problems that made crafting/trading a chore (such as if you wanted to send ten bottles of cider you had to assign them to a ship one by one. Also the upgrades you could only do once did not disappear from the menu). Secondly the game lacked interesting things to buy besides the ship upgrades. This was a big shame as it meant there was no real incentive to continue playing the economy game.

What AC3 did great was to connect all its different systems. For example taking over forts lowered taxes, doing homestead missions opened up a lot of possibilities, hunting gave you materials, naval missions lowered the risk of trading by sea and so on. But that's pretty much AC3 in a nutshell. Great ideas, not so great execution. I hope AC4 can figure it out as gold is an important part of piracy.

I agree with this , i am sure the Economy system will be relevent to the era, but AC3 i loved the economy system it was a little diificult for me to grasp in the first instance but mastered it in the end !!.

shobhit7777777
03-30-2013, 12:18 PM
None

Because an economy system doesn't make sense or add to the central experience of being an Assassin.

AC1 - Almost an Assassin sim and it was devoid of an economy

RPG lite stuff is fine.....a full fledged economy system shoehorned into an AC game...not good IMO

And before you say that the economy was there to represent Ezio's journey to rebuild Rome/His legacy or that it added to the historical flavour in AC3 or helped flesh out Connor's life in those times....well IDGAF.

While I enjoy AC for the history lessons...I'm primarily there to murder people, climb buildings and parkour around....its just an added benefit that I can do so (in and) on the Pope's crib's roof.

The economy system should tie in to the core experience of being an Assassin.....it hasn't been the case so far.

robinthefactory
03-30-2013, 06:48 PM
Does anyone actually know the currency in AC4:BF?

OSantaClownO
03-30-2013, 07:50 PM
AC3 -
Shopping with money:

I like the idea of rebuilding a city, but the amount of money was unimaginable for one person to collect - also everything was kinda easy.
However in AC3, you would actually need time and brain to earn money - Also when you adavance the story (Homestand) your ways to earn money was more useful, and easier - yet in a reasonable amount. (You couldn't just buy the whole shop in 3 times, unlike the ACII && AC:B)

Shopping with items:
AC3 Done it much better, you would actually earn crafting recipes from treasures, and items to craft with missions. I think it could have been done better if it was a bit less "forced".

nunosilva13
03-30-2013, 09:18 PM
Perhaps we will see something of the sort with AC4, if Grampa Kenway has to build and maintain his own pirate fleet.

> if Grampa Kenway has to build and maintain his own pirate fleet.
> has to build and maintain his own pirate fleet.
> build and maintain his own pirate fleet.
> build and maintain
> mantain

That's the keyword.... If we just buy 6 canyons and we don't need to make any mantainment, or if we contract 6 more privateers but they will always be there (no salary, never dying) or if we improve the boat with some metal parts and it just becomes harder but it will regen life when out of combat...

Well, it will be very poor...

I would like to see mantaintment having a big part of Ac4:BF enconomy system so we actually HAVE TO search for treasures if we want to have a good fleet.

Maybe it's asking too much? :/

Xeriam
03-31-2013, 03:25 AM
I predict AC4 will have the best economy system.

After all, Edward's a pirate. What's a pirate looking to do? Pillage, plunder, and sleep with fine lasses. Obviously, the former two result in a surplus of funds to achieve the latter. AC4 will HAVE to have a great deal of things to spend money on, considering just how much of a pirates life is spent pursuing treasure, generally with the goal of purchasing more stuff. Once you have everything of value, you really don't need anymore money, which means you'll lose any and all incentive to take ships, unless it's a lot of fun (which it should be).