PDA

View Full Version : Bug in Outgunned mission (Assassin's Creed Brotherhood)

Shrakzul
03-28-2013, 08:00 PM
In this mission, you must reach Leonardo's war machine and destroy the plans by igniting powder barrels.

I get to the barrels and when standing right in front of them, there is no way to light them up. I can't use the interact key or any other key to make the mission move along.

I have looked at numerous youtube videos of the mission (unfortunately, mostly on consoles) and everytime, they just walk up to the barrels and a message pops out to press a specific key to ignite them. I get no such message.

Has anybody gotten that specific bug as well? Is there any workaround?

Thanks

nitres15
03-28-2013, 08:08 PM
if interacting with the barrels doesn´t work, try shooting them with your gun

Shrakzul
03-28-2013, 08:11 PM
I tried shooting at them with my gun and crossbow. I also tried using throwing knives. While I saw it worked on a youtube video, it is not working for me and it's still stuck...

nitres15
03-28-2013, 08:18 PM
I tried shooting at them with my gun and crossbow. I also tried using throwing knives. While I saw it worked on a youtube video, it is not working for me and it's still stuck...

have you tried re-starting the mission ? Or atleast restarting from a check point ?

Shrakzul
03-28-2013, 08:21 PM
I restarted it several times (5 times to be precise). I also got out of the game and restarted Uplay and Steam completely before trying it again. Everytime it's the same thing.

nitres15
03-28-2013, 08:40 PM
have you downloaded all of the patches ? If not, then i have no ideá

Shrakzul
03-28-2013, 08:46 PM
I'm playing through Steam and UPlay so I figured it downloads the patches automatically? Thanks a lot for your help, though!

nitres15
03-28-2013, 08:58 PM
have you tried doing the following...

1: go to your game libary (on steam)
2: right click on AC brohood and click on "properties"
3: go to the thing in the middle saying "local files"
4: press the vertify game cache button and it will download any missing files

This worked for me when i was playing deus ex:HR, i have no ideá if this will work but hey, it is worth a shot

Shrakzul
03-28-2013, 09:34 PM
Just did what you suggested. 1 File was not proper. It says it will download it again. I replayed the mission up to the bug after Steam reconfigured the game like I was playing it for the first time. And it's still not letting me go through... After rechecking the local files, I still get the error message saying that the file will be downloaded again. Seems like there is no solution... sigh.

The Ubisoft representative that replied to my ticket told me that ''they don't answer questions about gameplay'' even if it's clearly a bug and not a gameplay issue... It's kinda frustrating.

Shrakzul
03-28-2013, 09:56 PM
alright I repaired the file the 2nd time and it worked ... Thanks a lot for your input! Bad one for Ubi techs, though!

nitres15
03-28-2013, 09:57 PM
alright I repaired the file the 2nd time and it worked ... Thanks a lot for your input! Bad one for Ubi techs, though!

did i actually help ?