PDA

View Full Version : Is same lock picking system in AC 4?

BMH7767
03-28-2013, 05:58 PM
The worst part of AC 3 had to be the stupid lock picking in game. You had to rotate left and right sticks and hold while mashing right trigger without moving an inch the 2 sticks and beat the lock timer. Pointless and way to time consuming part of game. I know most will say you don't need to get chest then, but its there and I like getting everything out of the game I can. I just hope they don't put this into the next AC 4 game it will really slow the game down and probably turn me off the AC series.

sajber00
03-28-2013, 06:04 PM
Don't play it then. Do you think people leave treasure chests everywhere without a lock? You don't even have to open the chests.

Assassin_M
03-28-2013, 06:09 PM
The worst part of AC 3 had to be the stupid lock picking in game. You had to rotate left and right sticks and hold while mashing right trigger without moving an inch the 2 sticks and beat the lock timer. Pointless and way to time consuming part of game. I know most will say you don't need to get chest then, but its there and I like getting everything out of the game I can. I just hope they don't put this into the next AC 4 game it will really slow the game down and probably turn me off the AC series.
I hope they put it in AC4 and make it harder. They make it so hard, that you throw your controller at your TV and eff it up that it`d make you quit the series and never come back..

No, I wont tell you not to do it....I`ll tell you quit this series...

Aphex_Tim
03-28-2013, 06:10 PM
It's really not that hard. You don't need to bash the shoulder button as fast as you can, as a lot of people seem to think.
Just pressing it repeatedly will do the trick.

lothario-da-be
03-28-2013, 06:12 PM
The lockpicking in ac3 was perfect, not hard, not idiotic easy, and still fun to do. They should keep this system.

MasterAssasin84
03-28-2013, 06:25 PM
Don't play it then. Do you think people leave treasure chests everywhere without a lock? You don't even have to open the chests.

Well in AC3 when you completed the liberation Missions by killing the Templar generals you was awarded chest keys so if lock picking becomes to time consuming i am hoping that there will be other ways you could retrieve chest keys.

I do agree with the OP that the lock picking in AC3 was somewhat irritating but none the less i belive there should be some degree of challenge and the rewards worth while if they are keeping the current system.

lothario-da-be
03-28-2013, 06:26 PM
Well in AC3 when you completed the liberation Missions by killing the Templar generals you was awarded chest keys so if lock picking becomes to time consuming i am hoping that there will be other ways you could retrieve chest keys.

I do agree with the OP that the lock picking in AC3 was somewhat irritating but nine the less i belive there should be some degree of challenge and the rewards worth while.
What challenge:confused:

MasterAssasin84
03-28-2013, 06:27 PM
What challenge:confused:

Prehaps i should rephase it then meaning dont make them two easy .

D.I.D.
03-28-2013, 06:31 PM
I found it weirdly addictive, and oddly it's probably the action in which I felt most personally engaged in AC3. I hope they make it a permanent feature.

It reminded me of the hack system in Bioshock 1. It's nice to have features that ask a little bit of input from you to reflect the skills that your character supposedly has.

The only good argument against it might be if it affects accessibility. Is there anyone reading who has a disability that affects your hands? Have you been playing AC games fine until now, but found that lock-picking was impossible for you? What about other features like naval combat?

Assuming the actions required are no harder to accomplish than others in the game, I think it ought to stay. It would be great if we get to a point where many buildings can be entered, and one of the means of getting inside involves the locks.

lothario-da-be
03-28-2013, 06:32 PM
Prehaps i should rephase it then meaning dont make them two easy .
I'am realy sorry but i don't understand what you say, but its probably my fault :p

MasterAssasin84
03-28-2013, 06:35 PM
I found it weirdly addictive, and oddly it's probably the action in which I felt most personally engaged in AC3. I hope they make it a permanent feature.

It reminded me of the hack system in Bioshock 1. It's nice to have features that ask a little bit of input from you to reflect the skills that your character supposedly has.

The only good argument against it might be if it affects accessibility. Is there anyone reading who has a disability that affects your hands? Have you been playing AC games fine until now, but found that lock-picking was impossible for you? What about other features like naval combat?

Assuming the actions required are no harder to accomplish than others in the game, I think it ought to stay. It would be great if we get to a point where many buildings can be entered, and one of the means of getting inside involves the locks.

I agree , i mean the first time i ever came across a lock picking system in a was funny enough Splinter Cell 1 when it first came out but by far Chaos Theory had the best lock picking system.

As for Assassins Creed Lock picking is new Territory so i really think its a feature they should keep.

Sushiglutton
03-28-2013, 06:35 PM
I actually had huge problems with the lockpicking for whatever reason :o. I thought it was buggy/broken. But then I figured out the techinque and now I think it's a good system. What helped me in the beginning was to use my right hand to find the correct position for the left stick. Then I secured that postition real tight with my left hand. Then I used the right hand again to find the correct postion for the right sticked and started spamming the trigger real fast.

Another important thing to note is that the stick positions won't reset if you fail. So if you fail don't let go of the sticks! Try to keep them as steady as possible and adjust only the one u need to. Hope this helps and don't mind the haters above ;)!

ACfan443
03-28-2013, 06:48 PM
I don't understand why some people found it so frustrating, I really liked the mechanic and hope it returns in the next game.

dxsxhxcx
03-28-2013, 07:01 PM
play on pc with mouse and keyboard sometimes made this feature a little frustrating because out of nowhere it would just return to its previous/initial state, I don't have nothing against this kind of feature and depending of the game it can be a great mini game but IMO it was pointless in AC3, if at least we had some moments where we would need to fight against time to pick a lock or use it to have access to interesting places or different routes I wouldn't say anything, but from what I can remember lock picking wasn't present in any of these moments in AC3, it was just there for the chests (that IMO could be removed as well)

kuled2012
03-28-2013, 07:14 PM
I don't get why people complain about this but then I don't hear a word about Batman Arkham Asylum/City's gadget to hack into doors which is literally the same controls.

Dag_B
03-28-2013, 08:02 PM
It worked for me fine too, on the PS3. :)
I liked it.

HeedfulMass4856
03-28-2013, 08:06 PM
It better not be. If so, I'm pulling out my AR15 and going to Montreal, Quebec.

AjinkyaParuleka
03-28-2013, 08:07 PM
Its a very good feature,interesting and fun,I just have to keep the mouse steady lol.Hope it is there in Black Flag.

HeedfulMass4856
03-28-2013, 08:14 PM
Its a very good feature,interesting and fun,I just have to keep the mouse steady lol.Hope it is there in Black Flag.
This is the console section, buddy. We don't use mouses.

luckyto
03-28-2013, 09:30 PM
I really hope it is. ... it was great!

silvermercy
03-28-2013, 10:34 PM
I don't mind them much but I hope the make the chests a little more realistic by adding some nice texture. The controls didn't bug me but that did. LOL

Dag_B
03-29-2013, 12:26 AM
http://www.mobypicture.com/user/dh3lix/view/368158 :rolleyes:

BATISTABUS
03-29-2013, 12:29 AM
If they don't make lock-picking more or less the same, I will be EXTREMELY disappointed. AC3 had the best lock-picking mini-game in video games.

Abeonis
03-29-2013, 12:53 AM
Lock-picking seems fine to me. Certainly, it's better than Skyrim's...

SixKeys
03-29-2013, 02:16 AM
Oh God.... I just thought of something. Are we going to have to lockpick chests underwater within a certain time limit? Edward can't hold his breath forever, after all.

silvermercy
03-29-2013, 02:26 AM
Oh God.... I just thought of something. Are we going to have to lockpick chests underwater within a certain time limit? Edward can't hold his breath forever, after all.
O_O

We could be wearing this for Oxygen supply (built in 1715):
LOL

http://www.scubatoys.com/navy/images/1-4.jpg

(If Ed wears this at some point, I'll die laughing! xD)

IWGCJoeCool
03-29-2013, 01:31 PM
Lock-picking seems fine to me. Certainly, it's better than Skyrim's...

amen to that!

i hit Skyrim after AC3

JC

p.s. to above...it's mice, not mouses lol

Mr_Shade
03-29-2013, 02:16 PM
O_O

We could be wearing this for Oxygen supply (built in 1715):
LOL

http://www.scubatoys.com/navy/images/1-4.jpg

(If Ed wears this at some point, I'll die laughing! xD)The 'diving bell' seen in the trailer - I'm assuming replaces that..

They would normally drop the bell - in a central place - and divers spread out from it - returning to the bell for air..

The old skool diving bells - were just that [from what I remember reading] - a solid bell with air trapped underneath ;)

ProletariatPleb
03-29-2013, 02:26 PM
Oh really wiseguy? We didn't know, thank you for informing us.

Now back on topic, I hate that lockpicking because it's ******edly frustrating using a mouse and keyboard. Either they should change the mechanic for the PC(which they won't) or just not use it. I don't see any real use for it.

inb4 hurr dis is consoul secshun we no like muse&keyburd

I don't care.

Assassin_M
03-29-2013, 02:31 PM
I don't care.
Neither should we:rolleyes:

pirate1802
03-29-2013, 02:32 PM
I dodn't have a huge problem with it and I used m/kb.. O.O

ProletariatPleb
03-29-2013, 02:40 PM
I dodn't have a huge problem with it and I used m/kb.. O.O
It's not hard, it's frustrating. Mouse is too precise for this.

Neither should we:rolleyes:
Stop being such a ***** all the time it wasn't aimed at you.

Assassin_M
03-29-2013, 02:43 PM
Stop being such a ***** all the time it wasn't aimed at you.

LOLOLOLOLOL Totallay WURTH IT !! xD