PDA

View Full Version : Ubisoft Toronto working on Black Flag follow-up

ProletariatPleb
03-28-2013, 09:40 AM
Well well well...

Ubisoft Toronto boss Jade Raymond told Polygon that her studio is working with Ubisoft Montreal on the next Assassin’s Creed release after Black Flag.
Naturally Raymond can’t talk about the new title yet, but she did seem pleased to be back on board Assassin’s Creed; she was one of the key creatives behind the original.

“The thing that’s great to me is that there is still some of my favorite people who, you know, we were in the trenches shipping that first one,” she said.
“We lived through all of that stuff together and some of those guys are still on the franchise and have been there. So it’s a just for me to work with some of those people again.”

The news is not that surprising, as Ubisoft tends to transition portions of each studio onto other projects, usually in collaboration with other teams, when their roles on existing titles is complete. Ubisoft Toronto has nearly finished work on Splinter Cell: Blacklist and multiplayer maps for Rainbow Six: Patriots, and now has five more titles on the go for the coming years. “We have two big collaborations coming that we’re not talking about, on two of the biggest franchises at Ubisoft,” Raymond said. “We also have two new IP.”

The fifth project is another Splinter Cell.

Link here (http://www.vg247.com/2013/03/28/assassins-creed-ubisoft-toronto-working-on-black-flag-follow-up/)

Assassin_M
03-28-2013, 09:48 AM
Are you honestly surprised ??

ProletariatPleb
03-28-2013, 09:49 AM
More like depressed, lol

Assassin_M
03-28-2013, 09:52 AM
More like depressed, lol
You should`v been since 2009

ProletariatPleb
03-28-2013, 09:53 AM
You should`v been since 2009
2010 for us poor PC players.

AjinkyaParuleka
03-28-2013, 09:55 AM
2010 for us poor PC players.
this.......
I feel the pain of Ubi Game Devs...man comeon give 'em a vacation lol.5 game for the next year?They are gonna die lol.

LoyalACFan
03-28-2013, 10:00 AM
Don't we already have this thread? :confused:

ProletariatPleb
03-28-2013, 10:02 AM
Don't we already have this thread? :confused:
I dunno :| if it is, well mods lock it up please.

Sushiglutton
03-28-2013, 10:45 AM
Splinter Cell has much better, more advanced stealth mechanics than AC. Hopefully that will be the area where AC:Toronto will help out in. That could be awesome for AC :D.

ACfan443
03-28-2013, 11:19 AM
I made one yesterday :p http://forums.ubi.com/showthread.php/761532-Future-Assassin-s-Creed-coming-from-Ubisoft-Toronto?

MasterAssasin84
03-28-2013, 11:26 AM
Well well well...

Ubisoft Toronto boss Jade Raymond told Polygon that her studio is working with Ubisoft Montreal on the next Assassin’s Creed release after Black Flag.
Naturally Raymond can’t talk about the new title yet, but she did seem pleased to be back on board Assassin’s Creed; she was one of the key creatives behind the original.

“The thing that’s great to me is that there is still some of my favorite people who, you know, we were in the trenches shipping that first one,” she said.
“We lived through all of that stuff together and some of those guys are still on the franchise and have been there. So it’s a just for me to work with some of those people again.”

The news is not that surprising, as Ubisoft tends to transition portions of each studio onto other projects, usually in collaboration with other teams, when their roles on existing titles is complete. Ubisoft Toronto has nearly finished work on Splinter Cell: Blacklist and multiplayer maps for Rainbow Six: Patriots, and now has five more titles on the go for the coming years. “We have two big collaborations coming that we’re not talking about, on two of the biggest franchises at Ubisoft,” Raymond said. “We also have two new IP.”

The fifth project is another Splinter Cell.

Link here (http://www.vg247.com/2013/03/28/assassins-creed-ubisoft-toronto-working-on-black-flag-follow-up/)

I actualy saw this in Twitter this morning, i am not suprised at this one bit TBH and all of my favorite games getting the attention they deserve !! i was thinking back to the thread about the yearly fix of Assassins Creed, its not that much of an issue for me as long ubi gives the franchise care and attention when at development stages not just bunging together features from previous Assassins Creed games as they did with Revelations ( not that i am saying Revelations was a bad game because i thoroughly enjoyed it ).

SaintPerkele
03-28-2013, 03:28 PM
They really are releasing way too mich. Glad that Jade is back though, maybe she can make the series again what it once was..

Assassin_M
03-28-2013, 03:31 PM
They really are releasing way too mich. Glad that Jade is back though, maybe she can make the series again what it once was..
*facepalm* I swear I predicted this -_-

Jade had nothing to do with the creation of past games. She was a producer and was hardly ever involved with MAKING the games...

ProletariatPleb
03-28-2013, 03:32 PM

Jade had nothing to do with the creation of past games. She was a producer and was hardly ever involved with MAKING the games...
^What he said, she was the postergirl but beyond that I really doubt it.

SaintPerkele
03-28-2013, 06:54 PM

You really can't talk to me in a normal and not-insulting way anymore, eh?
Anyway, I assume that Jade was, unlike other producers in the gaming industry, definitely involved in the production to a certain extent. She was definitely overseeing the design of the game.
Unless you can provide a proper source, I'll get my hopes up, there's nothing to bad about that, right?