PDA

View Full Version : Future Assassin's Creed coming from Ubisoft Toronto

ACfan443
03-28-2013, 01:39 AM
Jade Raymond is back :D

http://uk.ign.com/articles/2013/03/28/future-assassins-creed-in-development-at-ubisoft-toronto?abthid=51538f8ffef6dd5a18000028

Splinter Cell: Blacklist developer Ubisoft Toronto will take on five projects, including a future Assassin’s Creed game.

“As we’re wrapping up Splinter Cell, we’re also looking to expanding, so we’re going to be working on five different projects,” Ubisoft Toronto managing director Jade Raymond told IGN. “One of the franchises that’s very near and dear to me, Assassin’s Creed, is one of the ones we’re going to be collaborating on in Toronto, as well as one other big franchise which we’re not going to announce yet. But we’re going to be doing two other big collaborations also with Montreal.”

We asked Raymond if she was referring to Assassin’s Creed IV, and she clarified that Toronto’s project is “not Black Flag because we’re currently shipping. So an upcoming Assassin’s Creed.”

TheHumanTowel
03-28-2013, 01:44 AM
Heart sank when I thought that meant a futuristic Assassin's Creed game. Thank god it's not. Presume this is the 2014 game (hopefully 2015)

ACfan443
03-28-2013, 01:47 AM
Heart sank when I thought that meant a futuristic Assassin's Creed game. Thank god it's not. Presume this is the 2014 game (hopefully 2015)

Lol, I blame the phrasing on IGN, I copied their heading :p
Since the yearly release cycle is in full swing, it's more likely it'll be released in 2014.

Assassin_M
03-28-2013, 01:50 AM
Great...next we`ll have "Because we have so much studios working on AC, we`ll be releasing one every 2 months"

jenyto
03-28-2013, 02:07 AM
Maybe it's the Rising Phoenix one? We practically have no info from that.

LoyalACFan
03-28-2013, 03:48 AM
$5 says the "secret" franchise is Watch Dogs. They don't want to say they're planning sequels just yet, but you know they are.

dxsxhxcx
03-28-2013, 06:04 AM
$5 says the "secret" franchise is Watch Dogs. They don't want to say they're planning sequels just yet, but you know they are.

another $5 says 1666, working together with Patrice.. :p

LoyalACFan
03-28-2013, 06:26 AM
another $5 says 1666, working together with Patrice.. :p

I remain unconvinced that this won't become another Assassin's Creed game.

dxsxhxcx
03-28-2013, 06:38 AM

I'll feel bad for Patrice if this end up happening and extremely upset with Ubisoft for destroying a potentialy good and NEW franchise just to make more money with Assassin's Creed

pirate1802
03-28-2013, 06:40 AM

You pessimist!

jenyto
03-28-2013, 06:47 AM
Well I saw a job offer for 3D Graphics Programmer for Far Cry, so that's continuing.

LoyalACFan
03-28-2013, 07:22 AM
I'll feel bad for Patrice if this end up happening and extremely upset with Ubisoft for destroying a potentialy good and NEW franchise just to make more money with Assassin's Creed

Me too... But on the other hand, if they put him at the creative helm of Assassin's Creed again... Oh Lawdy. Sorry you didn't get your new IP, Patrice, but I'll be buying the hell out of any AC game you're involved in.

You pessimist!

Well, like I said, if it means Patrice gets full directorial control over a new AC... The sacrifice of 1666 is regrettable, but I can live with it.

Assassin_M
03-28-2013, 07:33 AM
Me too... But on the other hand, if they put him at the creative helm of Assassin's Creed again... Oh Lawdy. Sorry you didn't get your new IP, Patrice, but I'll be buying the hell out of any AC game you're involved in.

Well, like I said, if it means Patrice gets full directorial control over a new AC... The sacrifice of 1666 is regrettable, but I can live with it.
If they remove him from 1666, they`re not gonna put him in AC. He`ll be gone...or at least, he wont agree to take up AC again...obviously, they`v taken control from him before which made him leave, I don't think they`ll give him control over it again....not now that it became a very mainstream franchise..

Sl1ckM4st3r
03-28-2013, 07:53 AM
It's most likely Rising Phoenix. The paper that I saw back about a month or so ago was talking about the game being released 2013 - 2014, so this is most likely it.

catkiller97
03-28-2013, 07:56 AM
So Jade confirmed next AC and 4 more un-announced projects?

pirate1802
03-28-2013, 07:56 AM

I wasn't srs anyway.. :|

LoyalACFan
03-28-2013, 08:17 AM
If they remove him from 1666, they`re not gonna put him in AC. He`ll be gone...or at least, he wont agree to take up AC again...obviously, they`v taken control from him before which made him leave, I don't think they`ll give him control over it again....not now that it became a very mainstream franchise..

I can dream, dammit :nonchalance:

Assassin_M
03-28-2013, 08:23 AM
I can dream, dammit :nonchalance:
No, no you cannot..and I say so. you may not do this unless I approve

LoyalACFan
03-28-2013, 09:16 AM
No, no you cannot..and I say so. you may not do this unless I approve

Everything is permitted :rolleyes:

Assassin_M
03-28-2013, 09:18 AM
Everything is permitted :rolleyes:
Indeed
http://thumbs.dreamstime.com/thumblarge_265/1210040156Isfj1n.jpg

ACfan443
03-28-2013, 11:25 AM
So if it's now the 'Kenway saga', I wonder if the next game will feature Haytham as the lead, or if Connor returns.

LoyalACFan
03-28-2013, 12:00 PM
So if it's now the 'Kenway saga', I wonder if the next game will feature Haytham as the lead, or if Connor returns.

I doubt very much that it will be Haytham. His entire life was covered in the Forsaken novel, and besides, many of the fans would go bat**** crazy if they did an Assassin's Creed game where you don't play as an Assassin.

MasterAssasin84
03-28-2013, 01:08 PM
I doubt very much that it will be Haytham. His entire life was covered in the Forsaken novel, and besides, many of the fans would go bat**** crazy if they did an Assassin's Creed game where you don't play as an Assassin.

At first i never really liked Haytham but he has really grown on me, but i do not another game were i have to play as a Templar as my faith will be completely lost in the series if that was the case !

Templars Creed ? hmm title could be used as a spin off but i am not to fased by it.

ze_topazio
03-28-2013, 01:09 PM
Good to know Jade is back.

Assassin_M
03-28-2013, 01:19 PM
Just for the record, to all those who`ll go "Uhhhhlllllll jadez iz back, she guna make zis series awthome agaiz...UHHHLLLL" Jade was the Producer. she was never heavily involved with MAKING any of the games...

pacmanate
03-28-2013, 01:21 PM
https://encrypted-tbn1.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQ7Aqy2Sm4DtYDsUgKC9Y9gHiT8n9RAa WL2T_9U1U9bG4VhJ6xu2g

ACfan443
03-28-2013, 01:23 PM
Just for the record, to all those who`ll go "Uhhhhlllllll jadez iz back, she guna make zis series awthome agaiz...UHHHLLLL" Jade was the Producer. she was never heavily involved with MAKING any of the games...

I just like her as a person, and because there's a sense of familiarity because she was involved with the franchise from its conception.

Assassin_M
03-28-2013, 01:25 PM
I just like her as a person, and because there's a sense of familiarity because she was involved with the franchise from its conception.
No No, I was not referring to you, nor anyone in this thread....YET; I`m pretty sure most people here know her role in past games quite well, I was saying this, because there are some who believe that Jade created AC.....Yeah I know

ze_topazio
03-28-2013, 01:25 PM
She's a good producer so it's good to have her back.

pacmanate
03-28-2013, 01:27 PM
Couldnt care less. I don't care if they are working on a new game. They release info too fast on titles. You had Rising Phoenix and AC4 crop up around March, now you have this news on top of that and we still have an AC3 DLC left. WTF.
http://2.bp.blogspot.com/_90zFizz5lpc/TQgBZO-LzTI/AAAAAAAADao/_5fRN69KeUs/s1600/milking%2Bcows%2Bchiquinquira%2Bboyaca%2Bcolombia. JPG

Assassin_M
03-28-2013, 01:27 PM
She's a good producer so it's good to have her back.

No No, I was not referring to you, nor anyone in this thread..

AjinkyaParuleka
03-28-2013, 05:45 PM
Who is Jades Raymond?Never heard of her till now.BTW I'd like if Patrice is back,you know he probably loves stealth..Oppa AC1 style.
And dunno if this is a childish question..but what is 1666?
I hope one of the two new IPs is Prince of Persia...seriously they need to get it back..

roostersrule2
03-28-2013, 05:48 PM
Who is Jades Raymond?Never heard of her till now.BTW I'd like if Patrice is back,you know he probably loves stealth..Oppa AC1 style.
And dunno if this is a childish question..but what is 1666?
I hope one of the two new IPs is Prince of Persia...seriously they need to get it back..Jade Raymond was the producer on the first 2 AC's. 1666 is a year it is also a game that Ubisoft bought from THQ, Patrice was working on it. A new IP means a new franchise or game, POP is already established so it's not that.

lothario-da-be
03-28-2013, 06:16 PM
Imagine wat 1666 could become if its already in production for some time and now Raymond and Patrice would work on it as an ac game!

Sushiglutton
03-28-2013, 06:20 PM
Hmm I could have sworn I replayed to this topic :confused:, Anyway Splinter Cell has much better stealth mechanics than AC does atm . If the Toronto team can help out with AI/Stealth that could be great for AC. So I don't see why everyone is all negative about. The yearly releases would have continued with or without Torornto. Only this way some key areas may see some most welcome improvements.

lothario-da-be
03-28-2013, 06:21 PM
Hmm I could have sworn I replayed to this topic :confused:, Anyway Splinter Cell has much better stealth mechanics than AC does atm . If the Toronto team can help out with AI/Stealth that could be great for AC. So I don't see why everyone is all negative about. The yearly releases would have continued with or without Torornto. Only this way some key areas may see some most welcome improvements.
Didn't thought about the stealth yet, this makes me even more positive!