PDA

View Full Version : How in the WORLD? (Spoilers)

Jack_Pirate
03-27-2013, 10:55 PM
HOW the heck did Connor survive the crucifiction that Washington dealt him? Shot like 3 times and stabbed?

andreja110s
03-27-2013, 11:02 PM
http://www.quickmeme.com/meme/3tjz5b/

I still think this is all just an illusion made by the apple. :I

InfectedNation
03-27-2013, 11:33 PM
Something to do with the Apple. Seeing as this has something important to do with the real Connor and Georgie I'm guessing neither of them can actually die in this reality.

Locopells
03-28-2013, 12:12 AM
Sheer dumb luck...

FirestarLuva
03-28-2013, 12:17 AM
Bullet proof chest. :3
Lol, joke aside, that's not the first time Connor's got seriously injured and still lived. In AC3 he got shot/stabbed more than a few times, (e.g. before the fight with Haytham, the Charles Lee chase) and still lived. Maybe it's because he's a warrior above anything else. He's built for endurance and combat, not so much of a sneak-kill-walk away-unnoticed like an assassin would do. :|

joey-4321_web
03-28-2013, 12:21 AM
Because he's a human/ first civ hybrid, like all the assassins we've played as

kriegerdesgottes
03-28-2013, 12:21 AM
Every assassin so far has been stabbed by something where they should have died and somehow didn't. Altair was stabbed at the beginning of AC1 by Al Mualim. AC2 Ezio gets stabbed by one of the orsi brothers and by the pope. Connor was impaled by that piece of wood at the end of ACIII as well. I wish they would explain that already.

itsamea-mario
03-28-2013, 12:22 AM
It did take him 5 months to wake up.
And in this alternate reality there is a tree that gives superpowers. So, magic...

SixKeys
03-28-2013, 12:46 AM
Every assassin so far has been stabbed by something where they should have died and somehow didn't. Altair was stabbed at the beginning of AC1 by Al Mualim. AC2 Ezio gets stabbed by one of the orsi brothers and by the pope. Connor was impaled by that piece of wood at the end of ACIII as well. I wish they would explain that already.

Alta´r didn't actually get stabbed. Al Mualim simply used the Apple to make him believe that he did.

Abeonis
03-28-2013, 01:58 AM
Alta´r didn't actually get stabbed. Al Mualim simply used the Apple to make him believe that he did.

Exactly.

Assassin_M
03-28-2013, 02:01 AM
Because if he died, we`d have an indescribably short batch of DLCs

jenyto
03-28-2013, 02:05 AM
If Connor can use animal powers to fly around and kill people with animal illusions, then he can survive some bullets :rolleyes:

Real answer: Apple and it's a dream.

Captain Tomatoz
03-28-2013, 08:34 AM
Because he has main character syndrome :D

pirate1802
03-28-2013, 08:42 AM
Altair was stabbed at the beginning of AC1 by Al Mualim.

But was he actually stabbed? I always thought it was an illusion and he wasn't actually stabbed, like those mystical death talks.

Also, are those death talks real? Meaning do they actually talk or is it just an animus effect? In the novels they talk for real, but in the games they are surrounded by the animus screen, which would imply there's more to it.

Assassin_M
03-28-2013, 08:44 AM
But was he actually stabbed? I always thought it was an illusion and he wasn't actually stabbed, like those mystical death talks.

Also, are those death talks real? Meaning do they actually talk or is it just an animus effect? In the novels they talk for real, but in the games they are surrounded by the animus screen, which would imply there's more to it.
I dont think they`re mythical....Altair`s questions are based on them....I think the Animus screen was just an atmosphere builder at first, but then it became like eagle vision.....a mainstay

LoyalACFan
03-28-2013, 09:24 AM

Al Mualim's knife was an illusion
Checco hurt Ezio badly enough to leave him unconscious from blood loss for hours, maybe even days
The Armor of Altair blunted Rodrigo's attack
The piece of wood nearly killed Connor and he was still walking gingerly for over a year after the injury.

The Armor of Altair one is a pretty weak explanation, since we did physically see them blood dripping out of the wound, but that one's actually addressed by Ezio himself, so it's canon. However, I've always sort of pretended that the Assassins who had Eagle Vision were somehow tougher than the average human due to their First Civ DNA.

AjinkyaParuleka
03-28-2013, 09:42 AM
Al Mualim's knife was an illusion
Checco hurt Ezio badly enough to leave him unconscious from blood loss for hours, maybe even days
The Armor of Altair blunted Rodrigo's attack
The piece of wood nearly killed Connor and he was still walking gingerly for over a year after the injury.

The Armor of Altair one is a pretty weak explanation, since we did physically see them blood dripping out of the wound, but that one's actually addressed by Ezio himself, so it's canon. However, I've always sort of pretended that the Assassins who had Eagle Vision were somehow tougher than the average human due to their First Civ DNA.
This.
That was probably because of Connor's endurance,lucky for him George missed his heart and anyways he took 5 months to recover..so yeah the balance is right.

henne-kei
03-28-2013, 12:59 PM
They should give us an assassin who just has one arm or loses one during the story.

LoyalACFan
03-28-2013, 01:00 PM
They should give us an assassin who just has one arm or loses one during the story.

Would make climbing basically impossible, no? Besides, we have Malik to show us that one-armed Assassins are still badass.

Aphex_Tim
03-28-2013, 01:03 PM

Only to have it magically grown back 5 months later?

Assassin_M
03-28-2013, 01:03 PM
That.........That would be pointless

pacmanate
03-28-2013, 01:29 PM
Something to do with the apple. Those dreams Washington experienced are what we are playing now.

pirate1802
03-28-2013, 02:01 PM
That is... actually a very good idea if handled properly. It would be a good character development prop and also, if done properly, would impress upon the player the difficulty the character is going through after the amputation.

MasterAssasin84
03-28-2013, 06:42 PM
That.........That would be pointless

That was clearly demonstrated with Malik in AC1 :p at the very end when Al Mualim took control of the apple Lol !!

Bastiaen
03-28-2013, 08:53 PM
http://www.quickmeme.com/meme/3tjz5b/

I still think this is all just an illusion made by the apple. :I

I agree. Especially:
SPOILER

Because of the video at the end of the Betrayal. It's all about George's apple.

henne-kei
03-28-2013, 08:56 PM
Note to self: Stop making jokes no one finds funny.

Bastiaen
03-28-2013, 09:05 PM
Also, because it was in the script.