PDA

View Full Version : Something tells me that Black Flag will be even buggier than AC3

AidenPixxel
03-27-2013, 09:58 PM
A pic from the gameplay trailer
http://s20.postimg.org/n2rwrl0bf/Gameplay_Reveal_Trailer_Assassins_Creed_4_Blac.jpg

lothario-da-be
03-27-2013, 10:13 PM
Can't watch the pic, and did you know how much bugs the first ac3 trailers had?

AidenPixxel
03-27-2013, 10:17 PM
Can't watch the pic, and did you know how much bugs the first ac3 trailers had?
link for the pic http://s20.postimg.org/n2rwrl0bf/Gameplay_Reveal_Trailer_Assassins_Creed_4_Blac.jpg

Yes ac3 trailers had some bugs but not so big as this one looks

dewgel
03-27-2013, 10:23 PM
link for the pic http://s20.postimg.org/n2rwrl0bf/Gameplay_Reveal_Trailer_Assassins_Creed_4_Blac.jpg

Yes ac3 trailers had some bugs but not so big as this one looks

It's because of people like you why developers don't reveal gameplay / in-game footage until much later on in development.

The game (most likely) won't even be code complete yet, and I'd imagine is pre-alpha. I'd be shocked if I saw a game without graphical glitches at that point.

What is the problem in this pic anyway?

rileypoole1234
03-28-2013, 01:08 AM
It's not even in Alpha yet.

roostersrule2
03-28-2013, 01:19 AM
Black Flags started Development in Summer of 2011, that's probably around the time the Anvil Next was completed. AC3 had until October 2012 to release, in that time they built the game and did beta testing. AC4 has until October 2013 to release so with the engine already built and an extra year of development, I can safely say that like ACB it will be extremely polished.

Assassin_M
03-28-2013, 01:20 AM
How about some education ?

Game`s probably not Alpha yet. it`s in pre-alpha. Pre-Alpha is a standard term to denote a number of interim milestones between prototyping and alpha, each of which includes new functionality and/or game content. Pre-alphas often mandate incremented improvements on a number of parallel areas in a project, but rarely expect any one of those areas to be complete. The exact content of each pre-alpha is often an ongoing discussion between producers on the team and those at the publisher.

Pre-alphas are usually followed by alpha, beta, release candidate and gold master milestones and even when the game is Alpha it can still have A LOT of problems, although Alpha means that the game is doable from start to finish, it will be very unstable, also Alpha can be subjective from one studio to another. Generally, all Alphas share the Instability...hence it being a stage in development...and I can still remember the Bunker Hill shot of the very first AC III gameplay trailer where it had a similar glitch.

In summary, do not worry by basing off a trailer. that`s normal...you can however base your worries off the past games, but not the very first gameplay trailer that looks WAY better than AC III`s first gameplay trailer

Roanark
03-28-2013, 01:38 AM
I'm just worried that with it being handled by a different team they haven't had time to understand our frustrations with previous games and we'll have to continually face the problems not being changed... That's what made ACII so great, they had plenty of time to hear what the fans had to say about what needed to be changed, with yearly releases they can't do that and while we end up with a good game we don't end up with anything near what it could be had they taken more time between games.
I'm not particularly concerned with bugs as I've yet to encounter anything too major in any of the games.

dxsxhxcx
03-28-2013, 02:26 AM
that's how pirates praise Davy Jones, don't judge him... :p

zpahvgjp
03-28-2013, 02:45 AM
I'd imagine is pre-alpha. I'd be shocked if I saw a game without graphical glitches at that point.

montagemik
03-28-2013, 11:14 AM
I'm expecting the same results as with AC3 ............... Ultimately the graphics & gameplay features they're planning to include will be a little over ambitious for current gen consoles , So expect the same amount of Framerate issues / clipping & mission hindering glitches.

Alpha - pre alpha - Beta final improvements .................. None of it makes any difference if the final QA testing is as non existent as it seemed to be with AC3.

Assassin_M
03-28-2013, 11:18 AM
So expect the same amount of Framerate issues / clipping
Except those aren't bugs...

montagemik
03-28-2013, 11:31 AM
Except those aren't bugs...

Try quoting my Full comment before attempting to point out it's wrong .

"I'm expecting the same results as with AC3 ............... Ultimately the graphics & gameplay features they're planning to include will be a little over ambitious for current gen consoles ,
So expect the same amount of Framerate issues / clipping & mission hindering glitches."

See , I didn't actually say 'framerate issues / clipping' were bugs , They were listed as examples of the results i'm expecting along with 'mission hindering' Glitches.

Thanks for the 'incorrect' correction though.

Assassin_M
03-28-2013, 11:32 AM
Try quoting my Full comment before attempting to point out it's wrong .

"I'm expecting the same results as with AC3 ............... Ultimately the graphics & gameplay features they're planning to include will be a little over ambitious for current gen consoles ,
So expect the same amount of Framerate issues / clipping & mission hindering glitches."

See , I didn't actually say 'framerate issues / clipping' were bugs , They were listed as examples of the results i'm expecting along with 'mission hindering' Glitches.

Thanks for the 'incorrect' correction though.
looks like I hit a nerve

montagemik
03-28-2013, 11:50 AM
looks like I hit a nerve

Not at all , You just made a mistake .

Ezio270
03-28-2013, 12:16 PM
A pic from the gameplay trailer
http://s20.postimg.org/n2rwrl0bf/Gameplay_Reveal_Trailer_Assassins_Creed_4_Blac.jpg

It seems that you disappointed in this game I advise you not to be disappointed again coz we still didn't saw anything about the game.....OK >>

pacmanate
03-28-2013, 01:32 PM
I dont even see whats wrong with that picture :S

roostersrule2
03-28-2013, 02:27 PM
I dont even see whats wrong with that picture :SThis.

MasterAssasin84
03-28-2013, 02:48 PM
I will be reserving my judgement until i play the game, IMO AC3 was quite a leap in terms of development and technology if you compare it to previous games , not forgetting AC3 was using a new Engine so there was natuaraly going to be a few bugs and glitches from which the dev team was relying on us to pin point, there is only so much quality checking on can do, so based on the feedback they received from us i would say these issues has been hilighted.

montagemik
03-28-2013, 02:54 PM
I dont even see whats wrong with that picture :S

Edwards clothes & sword are clipping through his LEG ............... Hardly gamebreaking or uncommon .

Assassin_M
03-28-2013, 02:58 PM
Edwards clothes & sword are clipping through his LEG ............... Hardly gamebreaking or uncommon .
Actually, no, that`s not what his pic is referring to..

Bastiaen
03-28-2013, 03:36 PM
AC3 had it's glitches, but none of them were bad enough to ruin the fun for me. Skyrim had really bad glitches for months after release. My first three play throughs of that game fatally glitched and I lost MANY hours of gameplay. But the game was still fun, so I kept playing (just finished all the Dragonborn achievements, so I've completed that one again). My point being, AC3 was fun, and none of the glitches could stop that. AC4 looks like a blast, and I'm expecting there to be some glitches and technical issues with the seamless world they're creating, but that can't ever ruin the fun of an Assassin's creed game for me.
Oh, and seriously, we're whining about clipping now? Wow, we sure are jaded, aren't we? Clipping happens. It sucks, it jarring and immersion breaking, but it happens. Take a brief moment to think about how complicated the products we play are. Would you rather play a game that had completely static clothing that never clipped or a game with brilliant, vibrantly flowing clothing (Ala AC3/4) that has some minor clipping issues? It's seriously pathetic how much of a big deal we make out of stupid things like clipping.

rrebe
03-28-2013, 04:11 PM
AC3 had it's glitches, but none of them were bad enough to ruin the fun for me.

I totally agree with this.

The few glitches I encountered in AC3 I just imagined they happened because the animus was acting funny (for me, the only glitches involved horses) :D Yeah sure glitches can be annoying but as long as the game is playable and the story is interesting I'm OK with a few bugs. An enemy randomly flying across the screen? Hilarious.

And about the glitches in the new trailer.. I wouldn't be too worried yet, the game is still unfinished..

MasterAssasin84
03-28-2013, 04:54 PM
AC3 had it's glitches, but none of them were bad enough to ruin the fun for me. Skyrim had really bad glitches for months after release. My first three play throughs of that game fatally glitched and I lost MANY hours of gameplay. But the game was still fun, so I kept playing (just finished all the Dragonborn achievements, so I've completed that one again). My point being, AC3 was fun, and none of the glitches could stop that. AC4 looks like a blast, and I'm expecting there to be some glitches and technical issues with the seamless world they're creating, but that can't ever ruin the fun of an Assassin's creed game for me.
Oh, and seriously, we're whining about clipping now? Wow, we sure are jaded, aren't we? Clipping happens. It sucks, it jarring and immersion breaking, but it happens. Take a brief moment to think about how complicated the products we play are. Would you rather play a game that had completely static clothing that never clipped or a game with brilliant, vibrantly flowing clothing (Ala AC3/4) that has some minor clipping issues? It's seriously pathetic how much of a big deal we make out of stupid things like clipping.

Well said i agree with everything that you said here ,

For me the minor bugs in AC3 wasnt an issue for me, i will say one glitch that still remains despite the title updates is when your hunting in Great Peirce hills there is a Dear surrounded by wolves that is just static ? does not move or make a sound and when i run towards as soon as you get close its like hitting a brick wall ? but to hell nothing major.

Lass4r
03-28-2013, 05:40 PM
Actually, no, that`s not what his pic is referring to..
Tell us then?

Assassin_M
03-28-2013, 05:44 PM
Tell us then?
http://s20.postimg.org/6290iwna3/Gameplay_Reveal_Trailer_Assassins_Creed_4_Blac.jpg

lothario-da-be
03-28-2013, 06:17 PM
http://s20.postimg.org/6290iwna3/Gameplay_Reveal_Trailer_Assassins_Creed_4_Blac.jpg
I don't even see what that is supposed to be.

Sushiglutton
03-28-2013, 06:27 PM
AC3 was buggier than what is ok really, but tbh I had few serious issues (worst was when the entire game was wiped of my HDD, had to download it again. Happened to a bunch of other people on Steam as well, maybe it was Steam's fault). I can live with a few bugs. To me the biggest issues are the gameplay/missions ones and that's what I hope the majority of the devs resources go to.

I think it's a man. You can see his hand at the lower right corner of the "window". He is lying in a very awkward position :D!

MasterAssasin84
03-28-2013, 06:28 PM

It looks like a pair of arms in the upright position ? or the a torso with no legs ?

lothario-da-be
03-28-2013, 06:30 PM
I think it's a man. You can see his hand at the lower right corner of the "window". He is lying in a very awkward position :D![/QUOTE]
Hahaha now i see;).

Bastiaen
03-28-2013, 06:30 PM
Well said i agree with everything that you said here ,

For me the minor bugs in AC3 wasnt an issue for me, i will say one glitch that still remains despite the title updates is when your hunting in Great Peirce hills there is a Dear surrounded by wolves that is just static ? does not move or make a sound and when i run towards as soon as you get close its like hitting a brick wall ? but to hell nothing major.

I did see that once. I just chuckled and moved on. My favorite AC glitch was in AC2. I had just assassinated Antonio Mafei, on the huge tower in San Gimigoni, and proceeded to throw his self-righteous corpse from the tower. I then performed a leap of faith, and instantly burst into laughter. Mafei's body was hovering in the air above the haystack. I believe at that point I posted on here that I never want Ubisoft to lose their fun, quirky glitches, because they are one of my favorite things about playing AC games.

Long story short, we all really need to lighten up around here.