PDA

View Full Version : How to use static cameras ?

zeppelin885
03-27-2013, 02:36 PM
If there is a thread or previously asked questions about this, I can't find it.

So, how do I activate a camera placed on the ground in IL 2 ?

Also, checking the " Hover camera" box seems not to work. Is this a common problem?

All help gratefully received.

I'm playing using version 4.09 with pateches up to and including 4.11.1.

Thanks.

Tully__
03-28-2013, 10:34 AM
For IL2:1946 and earlier, lots of topics in the mission builder forum but search wont find anything prior to the last major software upgrade for the forum software. For IL2:CoD, I don't recall seeing any.

In IL2:1946 and earlier versions:

In Full Mission Builder, place a camera at the location you want. From your question I'm presuming you've already done this or have one or missions that include static cameras.
Before starting the mission, make sure the "No Enemy Views" and "No Friendly Views" difficulty settings are turned off. If I recall correctly, cameras are counted as an Enemy View but I may be wrong and they might be a Friendly View.
Once in the mission, use the View Next Enemy/Friendly controls (Ctrl+F2 and Shift+F2 by default) to cycle through available views until you find the cameras. They will be after all the aircraft in the list.

For Cliffs of Dover, I've not played with them but a quick look at the Full Mission Builder for CoD suggests much the same functionality.

Where did you find the Hover Camera setting, I recall mention of it before but don't remember where...