PDA

View Full Version : Would anyone be interested in an AC Mission Club?

BATISTABUS
03-26-2013, 11:08 PM
Would anyone be interested in an AC mission club? The idea would be similar to that of a book club; every two weeks or so I'd start a thread, and instead of talking about a chapter of a book, we'd talk about a mission from one of the Assassin's Creed games. We'd mostly do missions from Brotherhood, Revelations, and AC3, since missions are most easily repayable and they are the main console games most people own.

We'd talk about the level design, difficulty, atmosphere, optional objectives/full synchronization requirements, and anything else of relevance. Would you have changed something? Would you have wanted more of a narrative element? Would you have made the optional objective mandatory or a mandatory restriction optional? Should it be longer or shorter? Was it perfect? What made it so good? There are many things to consider for what makes a mission "good" or "bad", and we'd try to cover all of that.

You would be required to replay the mission before talking about it so it would be fresh in your mind, and you'd have to complete the mission both with and without optional objectives in mind. I'd create an outline that anyone could use, but responses would be expected to be in paragraph form whether or not you use the outline. If you didn't have an opportunity to replay the mission, you could still chime in with an opinion, but please let us know that you haven't played it recently.

The mission would be given in advance so you'd have time to play and think about it, with the exception of the first one (depending on interest in the project).

So, would anyone want to try this? I think it'd be a good way to engage each other as a community, discuss our likes and dislikes for missions (as mission design seems to be a very popular topic lately), and provide an opportunity to go back and replay some of our favorite games without a lengthy commitment.

menumaxibestof
03-26-2013, 11:12 PM
I like the idea. :)

LoyalACFan
03-26-2013, 11:15 PM
Sounds kinda cool.

playassassins1
03-26-2013, 11:16 PM
That sounds like a nice idea.

ArabianFrost
03-26-2013, 11:18 PM
Great idea. Beats repeating the whole "which game was your favourite?" thread we every hour.

Locopells
03-27-2013, 12:44 AM
I'd be up for it! If you use this site, you can include ACI & II as well, for PC players at least.

http://www.assassinscreedsavegames.com
(http://www.assassinscreedsavegames.com)
Or hell, just YouTube it.

LoyalACFan
03-27-2013, 12:48 AM
I'd be up for it! If you use this site, you can include ACI & II as well, for PC players at least.

Why not just the forums...?

BATISTABUS
03-27-2013, 01:45 AM

That's pretty cool, but it wouldn't be fair to console gamers (plus I only have AC1 for the PC). Youtubing is good for a refresher, but I want people to experience it for themselves again. A lot of people have nostalgia and other factors (such as how the Youtube person decides to play the mission) that might get in the way of a proper judgement.

Rhazalu
03-28-2013, 11:58 PM
Sounds fun enough I think, though the whole "replay the mission"-part will be difficult for AC1 and AC2.

LoyalACFan
03-29-2013, 12:14 AM
Sounds fun enough I think, though the whole "replay the mission"-part will be difficult for AC1 and AC2.

The AC wiki has pretty detailed synopses of all the missions. Should be enough to at least jog your memory. Besides, you actually can replay missions in AC1.

SixKeys
03-29-2013, 02:09 AM
Sounds neat.

TRUKITTN
03-29-2013, 04:57 AM
Great idea! I'm game. It'd be a good reason to play the other games and keep the experience fresh while waiting for the new release. But, please keep it on the forum for us Console users. I don't have nor ever plan to get any AC games for PC until Ubisoft reconsiders the always online DRM stuff. A shame, I know cause I bet they'd look spectacular on my compy. :/

BATISTABUS
03-29-2013, 05:31 AM
Don't worry, we're only gonna do console games with repayable missions.

Once several more people say they'd be down, I'll pick a mission and we can give this a shot.

pirate1802
03-29-2013, 05:32 AM
Great idea! I'm up for it! :D

Assassin_M
03-29-2013, 05:34 AM
Thread that`s creative ? Here ? Nice breath of fresh air...I`m down

BATISTABUS
03-29-2013, 05:56 AM
Just to make things clear (in case it wasn't already), we're not just going to do "good" missions. I'm gonna try to get a mix of everything, from awesome to awful. So don't be disappointed if we do one you don't like. If we do play one that you hate, then that'll be even more to write about!

Assassin_M
03-29-2013, 06:01 AM
Just to make things clear (in case it wasn't already), we're not just going to do "good" missions. I'm gonna try to get a mix of everything, from awesome to awful. So don't be disappointed if we do one you don't like. If we do play one that you hate, then that'll be even more to write about!
I was actually assuming we`ll only be playing the pretty bad ones xD you know, seeing as you said we`ll be suggesting changes for the missions:p

BATISTABUS
03-29-2013, 06:07 AM
I was actually assuming we`ll only be playing the pretty bad ones xD you know, seeing as you said we`ll be suggesting changes for the missions:p
Well the point is to see what is good and what is bad about missions. Some will have more complimenting than criticizing, some might get mixed reviews, and some might be flat-out terrible. xD

Assassin_M
03-29-2013, 06:16 AM
Well the point is to see what is good and what is bad about missions. Some will have more complimenting than criticizing, some might get mixed reviews, and some might be flat-out terrible. xD
I know what`s gonna be flat out terrible :|

InfectedNation
03-29-2013, 11:21 AM
I know what`s gonna be flat out terrible :|

*COUGH Paul Revere's ride COUGH*

But yeah I'm game ;)

catkiller97
03-29-2013, 11:40 AM
nice i am in :)

Locopells
03-29-2013, 12:31 PM
Great idea! I'm game. It'd be a good reason to play the other games and keep the experience fresh while waiting for the new release. But, please keep it on the forum for us Console users. I don't have nor ever plan to get any AC games for PC until Ubisoft reconsiders the always online DRM stuff. A shame, I know cause I bet they'd look spectacular on my compy. :/

The DRM thing got patched out ages ago, before ACB...

Don't worry, we're only gonna do console games with repayable missions.

There's no difference between what you can replay on PC and console. The savegame thing was just a suggestion...

Mr_Shade
03-29-2013, 01:04 PM
coool idea

indeed..

dogziler
03-29-2013, 06:58 PM
cool story bro. sound like a plan. when does it start?

robinthefactory
03-29-2013, 07:01 PM
Yeah, I'd like to be a part of the AC Mission Club.

TheHumanTowel
03-29-2013, 07:03 PM
This is a cool idea. Can we start with Desmond's assault on Abstergo? I replaying AC3 now and finished that mission. I actually had to stop playing. The horror........the horror.

robinthefactory
03-29-2013, 07:07 PM
This is a cool idea. Can we start with Desmond's assault on Abstergo? I replaying AC3 now and finished that mission. I actually had to stop playing. The horror........the horror.

I'm sorry to hear that.

JoziPython14
03-29-2013, 09:05 PM
I'm definitely game for this! ;)

Hurricane43
03-29-2013, 09:18 PM
A very cool, I like it ;)

TRUKITTN
03-29-2013, 10:13 PM

Seriously? I was not aware of this. This is wonderful news! I knew it was in AC1 and 2, and its the main reason it took me so long to get into the series when I finally bit the bullet and bought em all for 360. I just figured they'd never get rid of it. Time to add some stuff to my wishlist on Steam~

BATISTABUS
03-29-2013, 10:47 PM
I already have one in mind for the first mission. Are the Desmomd missions even replayable?

Sushiglutton
03-29-2013, 10:52 PM
I already have one in mind for the first mission. Are the Desmomd missions even replayable?

Don't think so. And please choose one that is :)!

TheHumanTowel
03-29-2013, 10:59 PM
Aw man. Then how can I rant about how god awful that mission is?

Sushiglutton
03-29-2013, 11:03 PM
Aw man. Then how can I rant about how god awful that mission is?

Just create a thread and rant until Shade stops you :). I agree with you btw, that mission is embarrassing...

robinthefactory
03-29-2013, 11:37 PM
You know what mission would be cool? The masquerade mission from AC2, that mission defined AC in my opinion.

SupBruh
03-29-2013, 11:43 PM
The present day missions are re-playable. Go to the computer in the present day, the option is just below checking your emails.

Also, great idea, I'm interested. :)

Locopells
03-29-2013, 11:57 PM
Seriously? I was not aware of this. This is wonderful news! I knew it was in AC1 and 2, and its the main reason it took me so long to get into the series when I finally bit the bullet and bought em all for 360. I just figured they'd never get rid of it. Time to add some stuff to my wishlist on Steam~

I'm not aware it was ever in AC1, it first appeared in ACII, everyone hated it, so they patched it out after a while. All you need now is Uplay. And even then you can play offline. Have fun!

Yes, the AC3 ones are, that's the whole point of the flying camera - Desmond can 'watch the recording' on the same computer he picks his emails up from.

BATISTABUS
03-30-2013, 12:02 AM
The present day missions are re-playable. Go to the computer in the present day, the option is just below checking your emails.
Also, great idea, I'm interested. :)

Can you leave the Animus once you beat the game?

You know what mission would be cool? The masquerade mission from AC2, that mission defined AC in my opinion.

While I really enjoyed the atmosphere of that mission, AC2 missions are not replayable, and I don't want to ask people to play half-way through a game just to do one mission. xD

SupBruh
03-30-2013, 01:03 AM

While I really enjoyed the atmosphere of that mission, AC2 missions are not replayable, and I don't want to ask people to play half-way through a game just to do one mission. xD

****. :/

Locopells
03-30-2013, 01:23 AM

Bugger, no...

AC2 isn't included in this anyway.

Assassin_M
03-30-2013, 08:12 AM
AC 1= Ancestor replayable
AC 2= Unavailable
ACB= Only Ancestor
ACR= Ancestor and Desmond missions
AC III= Ancestor and Desmond missions (before you finish the game)

OSantaClownO
03-30-2013, 07:35 PM
I support this.