PDA

View Full Version : PC save system (please).

alucardu
03-26-2013, 05:53 PM
So FarCry3. Yea, it's a good game. I guess, after a few hours of modding some of the more annoying elements out of the UI the game immersion is a lot better. Too bad the save system kind of destroys it again.

Dying in FarCry3 isn't dying. It's teleporting. When you die, you just teleport somewhere. I never use any fast travel things, I like to travel myself, so this teleporting thing is just horrible. Everytime I die (I play on the hardest mode) I just teleport somewhere and I alt f4 because I lost my intrest in the game.

Just wanted to make that clear.

Vapor-FC3
03-27-2013, 07:35 AM
During missions its a different, but still pretty bad. More than once, I respawned past the point in the mission that got me killed. So that sucks, I'd much prefer to respawn prior to that point so that I would have gotten the satisfaction of making it thru without getting killed.

alucardu
03-27-2013, 01:53 PM
The feeling of achievement (which is pretty important in gaming, and well everyting) is not around with this system. I don't feel like I beat those pirates with my stealth and cunning! No, I died, but respawned at a checkpoint and whent on from there. Nothing was learned.

Hobbes1218
03-27-2013, 04:23 PM
I didn't bother with the first two Far Cry games because of the lack of a quicksave. Why can't this be made optional?

Far_Cry2_Fan
03-27-2013, 05:08 PM
Hobbes1218:
What are you talking about? FC1 and FC2 both had fully implemented save systems on the PC.

FC3 is the first of the series to have a crappy console-style save system, that's why everyone is complaining. Ubisoft obviously knows how to do it right, we're bent out of shape because they damaged FC3 with this console port crappola.

DAS

Hobbes1218
03-27-2013, 06:22 PM
****. I must have read a console review in the past thinking it was a PC review. Maybe I will get FC1 now!

Thanks,
Chris

Hobbes1218
03-27-2013, 10:41 PM
I can't believe that I didn't buy these games thinking that they worked solely on checkpoints! I have read several reviews in the past that put me off as they said that there was no regular player save.
I much prefer games that are in lush sunny environments to the miserable dark zombie type games that seem so prevalent. I'll make up for lost time and get all (or at least 2 and 3).

Thanks,
Chris

Bothain
03-27-2013, 11:15 PM
I can't believe that I didn't buy these games thinking that they worked solely on checkpoints! I have read several reviews in the past that put me off as they said that there was no regular player save.
I much prefer games that are in lush sunny environments to the miserable dark zombie type games that seem so prevalent. I'll make up for lost time and get all (or at least 2 and 3).

Thanks,
Chris

Farcry2 really sucked for me, I hated it, never did finish it because of the absurd insta spawn mechanics. The ignorant malaria medicine mechanic is beyond annoying and the insta spawn npc's are ten times worse than the insta spawns in Farcry3. In Farcry 2 you have not only the sickness mechanic you have to deal with the entire game but you have all the checkpoints, once having cleared them, will respwn in minutes to seconds, sometimes while you are still searching bodies. Also, free roaming is annoying because very often a re-enactment of the Rat Patrol will happen to you in the most remote places, meaning a vehicle will spawn from the extra dimensional netherworld in front of you or just a few meters and attempt to run you over then dismount and attack, more than annoying when you are in darkness scouting a base and an enemy vehicle spawns directly behind you and nearly runs you over. Poor game choices. Stick with Farcry3, even with the bad save mechanic from ubisoft being lazy Farcry3 is better.

Hobbes1218
03-28-2013, 12:24 AM
Apart from dark miserable gloomy games and no save option I also hate bizarre spawning in games (Stalker) so thanks Graill - I'll just try the third version. I recently bought Skyrim which looks good - but crashes every 20 minutes or so and I've realised that I don't like close up button bashing combat (swords and shields). I just want a feel good, free roaming, sunny game where I can save when I like and shoot peoples heads off - is that too much to ask for? As a nearly 50 year old I like a slow pace. Just kill the odd person when I can be bothered and not have to run around too frantically. Options is what is required for different gamers that like different things from a game. Software developers should realise that there is an older market out there that would like to play games at a different pace (and save often - even during missions). I need a cup of tea.

Cheers,
Chris

zpahvgjp
03-28-2013, 02:50 AM
I respawned past the point in the mission that got me killed.

hdme
03-28-2013, 07:16 AM
As a nearly 50 year old I like a slow pace. Just kill the odd person when I can be bothered and not have to run around too frantically. Options is what is required for different gamers that like different things from a game. Software developers should realise that there is an older market out there that would like to play games at a different pace (and save often - even during missions). I need a cup of tea.

Ne'er a truer word spoken. At nearly 62, I completely agree.

Far_Cry2_Fan
03-28-2013, 02:28 PM
LOL about those still complaining about respawning, it was the very first thing the modding community added back to FC3! And "sometimes while searching bodies"? Sounds like another poster not really having a clue of what they are talking about. You didn't search bodies in FC2, you just walked over them to get their ammo.

Please, if you are going to complain, please try NOT to make stuff up so you sound relevant! OK, so FC2 was too rough for you because just like in reality, if and enemy had an outpost and you cleared it out, they'd be very interested in taking it back over. Outposts are placed where they are to provide benefit to those establishing it, not just random stuff for gamers!

And respawning while you were still there? LOL, please, stick to the truth. I've played FC2 start to finish over 40 times and never ONCE did an outpost repopulate while I was there, or even when it was within my view. You may wish to be rlevant, you may wish to lash out at FC2 because It wasn't as easy as you'd hoped, but please don't spew lies and deciet in an attempt to get yourself taken seriously.

What the hell is wrong with people these days?

DAS