PDA

View Full Version : AC4 Strategies.. When are you Going Dark?

Legendz54
03-26-2013, 10:07 AM
As some of you know, The ending of AC3 was spoiled for me, It was the worst experience ever... It ruined my overall feelings of the ending because I already knew what was going to happen. I am telling you now... dont let it happen to you. So Im asking you guys.... What do you guys do to avoid spoilers on the forums and when do you go dark? Do you end up watching leaked Part 1 AC vids on youtube?Share your experiences and thoughts.

Update: Some people are getting Mild spoilers, if anyone is thinking about going dark, say so here :).

WARNING: Once you step into the dark you cannot come back unless you have bought the game.

https://encrypted-tbn1.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcTTOnB6CGP4d65n0pBqEGa-jYmxLhriN_Jcu_l8kEQIY2SIZGPciw

Assassin_M
03-26-2013, 10:08 AM
I go dark 14 says before release...works everytime.....except with AC III :|

pirate1802
03-26-2013, 10:09 AM
This should be the official "Going dark" thread.

****ing hell.. last time I knew virtually every major story point well in advance. It was like there was nothing to know when I played the game. Some of my trusted ones betrayed me.. -_-

catkiller97
03-26-2013, 10:11 AM
After E3 i will hide in cave :P

pirate1802
03-26-2013, 10:13 AM
After E3 i will hide in cave :P

I'll probably go dark as soon as October hits.

ProletariatPleb
03-26-2013, 10:14 AM
When they announce the PC delay and the console release date is near.

catkiller97
03-26-2013, 10:15 AM
^ :p

roostersrule2
03-26-2013, 10:17 AM
Will go dark 14 days out, only to return and go dark and to return again and go dark again and return again and go dark again.

Aphex_Tim
03-26-2013, 10:21 AM
I'm probably not going dark. I don't really care for spoilers with this game.
I did for AC3 because it would wrapped up Desmond's story.

Legendz54
03-26-2013, 10:24 AM
Dont forget about your real life buddies too they can screw it up for you, As for this game, i will go dark maybe 2 weeks before its released. Cant risk some idiot on the forums spoiling it. Will anyone resist the Part 1 of AC4 on youtube?? unlike last year when the dad was spoiled for everyone.

Aphex_Tim
03-26-2013, 10:29 AM
Dont forget about your real life buddies too they can screw it up for you, As for this game, i will go dark maybe 2 weeks before its released. Cant risk some idiot on the forums spoiling it. Will anyone resist the Part 1 of AC4 on youtube?? unlike last year when the dad was spoiled for everyone.

I usually just don't watch those videos but i do hate it when there's spoilers in the freakin' video thumbnail.

Locopells
03-26-2013, 10:52 AM
I normally go dark at the console release, or as soon as the first 20 minutes leak on YouTube...

Legendz54
03-26-2013, 11:08 AM
Its very hard going dark, You are always tempted to come back every now and then. I definately dont want any modern day spoilers such as "Otso berg saves the day!" yada yda, Final three days are usually a war zone, Especially youtube.

Sushiglutton
03-26-2013, 11:15 AM
I usually go dark when the first thing is spoiled that I didn't wanted to be spoiled. Usually a couple of weeks before console release. It's not a great strategy though :rolleyes:

Dag_B
03-26-2013, 11:24 AM
When they announce the PC delay and the console release date is near.
The delay is already official, when I try to order it on that UPlayshop it says "Oktober 31" for PS3/XBox/Wii U and only "Autumn 2013" for PC.

And there is the wording on the videos where is the date and below is "also comes for next Gen-Consoles and PC". (Or something like that)

On the other hand, that does not have to mean something but it sounds very much like the PC-Version comes a little bit later.

rrebe
03-26-2013, 11:31 AM
I go dark a week or two before the console release and stay there until I've received and finished my PC version of the game. Forums etc are a big no no. Usually it works.. o_O None of my friends play AC games so no spoiler danger there.

Locopells
03-26-2013, 11:42 AM
The delay is already official, when I try to order it on that UPlayshop it says "Oktober 31" for PS3/XBox/Wii U and only "Autumn 2013" for PC.

And there is the wording on the videos where is the date and below is "also comes for next Gen-Consoles and PC". (Or something like that)

On the other hand, that does not have to mean something but it sounds very much like the PC-Version comes a little bit later.

Given that the PS4 is basicly as PC, this time around...

DavidPage
03-26-2013, 12:27 PM
For me the release date will come like a blink. I will be distracted by Bioshock Infinite, The Last of Us, ACIII: TOKW (I will download it in April), ACIII: Liberation and GTA V. Also I won't go dark. I will just resist the temptation of clicking links with spoilers and be very careful when reading threads about IV. Last time with III it kinda ruined the shock of the ending and I want to experience and enjoy IV to the fullest.

pirate1802
03-26-2013, 12:56 PM
I usually go dark when the first thing is spoiled that I didn't wanted to be spoiled. Usually a couple of weeks before console release. It's not a great strategy though :rolleyes:

That's like.... soldiers preparing for defenses once the enemy has already arrived there and killed the first one off. xD

SixKeys
03-26-2013, 01:00 PM
Since Desmond's story is now over, there's not much I'm worried about being spoiled this time. We even know how Edward dies (in the "Forsaken" novel), I can't imagine there being bigger revelations than that.

Legendz54
03-26-2013, 01:03 PM
Since Desmond's story is now over, there's not much I'm worried about being spoiled this time. We even know how Edward dies (in the "Forsaken" novel), I can't imagine there being bigger revelations than that.

Im just trying to avoid getting spoiled the modern day story and the overall ending of the game. Getting the ending spoiled is enough to set me off. I dont want to know about any 'Lucy coming back" or "Otso berg busting us out"

Mr_Shade
03-26-2013, 01:06 PM
A true Assassin alway works in the dark...

Locopells
03-26-2013, 01:08 PM
Must work for Eskom them...

AjinkyaParuleka
03-26-2013, 01:18 PM
Once console release hits,and the pc delay begins,gonna cut off internet lines after pre-ordering.

pirate1802
03-26-2013, 01:19 PM
Once console release hits,and the pc delay begins,gonna cut off internet lines after pre-ordering.

Lol that's extreme..

kuled2012
03-26-2013, 01:22 PM
My friend almost spoiled the Haytham part even though I told him a million times to tell me nothing, he said we control 'his' dad. I thought we were going to use William and not Connor's father lol. So I was expecting to use William but instead Haytham! :D

MasterAssasin84
03-26-2013, 01:31 PM
As some of you know, The ending of AC3 was spoiled for me, It was the worst experience ever... It ruined my overall feelings of the ending because I already knew what was going to happen. I am telling you know... dont let it happen to you.

So Im asking you guys.... What do you guys do to avoid spoilers on the forums and when do you go dark? Do you end up watching leaked Part 1 AC vids on youtube?

Share your experiences and thoughts.

It would just be good if ubi could control their leaks ! i mean the news is very exciting but when the premier came out it was like hmm ive already seen this ! prehaps we can blame sites like Examiner and Kotaku for ruining it for us so in which case i will stop following them on Twitter...

Legendz54
03-26-2013, 01:43 PM
It would just be good if ubi could control their leaks ! i mean the news is very exciting but when the premier came out it was like hmm ive already seen this ! prehaps we can blame sites like Examiner and Kotaku for ruining it for us so in which case i will stop following them on Twitter...

I would also suggest in the 1 week before Black flag comes out dont even type in AC in the search bar.

pacmanate
03-26-2013, 01:59 PM
Havent gone dark at all and I have lived through Brotherhood, Revelations and AC3 with nothing spoilt :D.

I never go dark, some of us long timers have to stay :P

MasterAssasin84
03-26-2013, 02:03 PM
Havent gone dark at all and I have lived through Brotherhood, Revelations and AC3 with nothing spoilt :D.

I never go dark, some of us long timers have to stay :P

This !! agreed but i do take issue with leaks exciting as they are because it totaly ruined the premier.

pacmanate
03-26-2013, 02:05 PM
Normally when I go on the forums I check if Widow/Shade/MT4K are on here before I look at threads. That way I know they will have cleaned up :D

TheHumanTowel
03-26-2013, 02:06 PM
I just avoid video game forums from a week or two before release to when I finish the game. If the game leaks or something then a little earlier. Aint that hard. I have been spoiled for both Mass Effect 3 and Red Dead in the off-topic thread on this forum though. Nobody better spoil Bioshock Infinite. If you want to talk spoilers take it to PMs because this forum doesn't have a spoiler tag system for some reason.

pirate1802
03-26-2013, 02:09 PM
I have been spoiled for both Mass Effect 3 and Red Dead in the off-topic thread on this forum though. Nobody better spoil Bioshock Infinite. If you want to talk spoilers take it to PMs because this forum doesn't have a spoiler tag system for some reason.

You know what's infuriating? To go on other game forums and get spoiled by offtopic threads being posted in main sections. Like going on BSN to read about Mass Effect and reading a bigass Bio Infinite spoiler posted right in the middle of the main section. I don't know whether to rage at the users of those forums or the mods for being terribly incompetent. (not talking about these boards mind you xD)

Regarding mods, poor souls.. they probably get spoiled first and can't even go dark. :(

UrDeviant1
03-26-2013, 02:11 PM
Regarding mods, poor souls.. they probably get spoiled first and can't even go dark. :(

That would be the worst. I'd want to ban them instantly.

jenyto
03-26-2013, 02:11 PM
I will just avoid AC forums and looking at the comments in any AC related post on Facebook and Tumblr. So far worked for me, I just need to resist the temptation of looking up the game on TVtropes too, since I'm very familiar with most of the tropes.

Anyway, I try to get the game as soon as possible and finish it fast so I can go back to visiting those forums.

LoyalACFan
03-26-2013, 07:18 PM
I'll probably be leaving about a week before release. I don't have the willpower to resist leaked gameplay :p I looked at somebody's video of the opening part of Sequence 1 last year (telling myself "oh, just a quick look") and before I knew it I had already gone halfway into Sequence 2 :nonchalance:

andreja110s
03-26-2013, 08:09 PM
I wonīt go entirely dark... When the console version will be released, I wonīt watch any video on yoututbe and Iīll stop looking at the comments of Ubisoft and other AC fan pagesī posts on Facebook. The Ubisoft forums are safe from major spoilers, at least I havenīt seen any of AC3...

playassassins1
03-26-2013, 08:43 PM
I usually go dark 1 or 2 weeks before the release. Last year I couldn't resist coming back to the forums though. So I don't know if I'll be able to go dark entirely :p

ACfan443
03-26-2013, 09:32 PM
I don't go dark, I planned to go dark exclusively for AC3 last year cause of the Desmond storyline, but in the end didn't :/
I carried on lurking the forum right up until release, and miraculously didn't have anything spoiled for me... although it's not much fun staying cause it turns into a ghost town for quite some time.

nitres15
03-26-2013, 09:34 PM
That would be the worst. I'd want to ban them instantly.
they get the game early though

monster_rambo
03-26-2013, 09:35 PM
The ending sucked anyways for ACIII. Not going to go dark, because I really don't care after Desmond's storyline. Most of you probably will come back to forums anyways despite of all this talk about going dark.

ACfan443
03-26-2013, 09:38 PM
The ending sucked anyways for ACIII. Not going to go dark, because I really don't care after Desmond's storyline. Most of you probably will come back to forums anyways despite of all this talk about going dark.

A lot of them did last year :p

silvermercy
03-26-2013, 09:49 PM
I had the AC3 ending spoiled on Tumblr a few days before the release. Newly-registered trolls were posting screens already.
Nothing scares me anymore.

LoyalACFan
03-26-2013, 11:41 PM
they get the game early though

They do? :eek:

Mr. Shade/Black Widow; can I crash at your place for a few weeks in mid-October? :rolleyes:

Roanark
03-27-2013, 12:43 AM
I won't because I'm always tempted by new information. :\

rileypoole1234
03-27-2013, 12:45 AM
Maybe a day or two before release.

I don't care about spoilers that much now since this game has no bearing on the continuing story like ACB, ACR or AC3 did.

dxsxhxcx
03-27-2013, 12:51 AM
the only reason to "go dark" IMO was to avoid spoilers from the modern days, with that gone or this aspect of the game apparently being reduced to nothing in AC4 thanks to how it was handled in AC3, IMO there's no reason to avoid the forums or don't see what will be released about the game before its release..

LoyalACFan
03-27-2013, 12:54 AM
I don't get all this sentiment of "I'm not going dark because there's no connection to the ongoing plot"... Well, Red Dead had no ongoing plot, and I still didn't want Redemption spoiled for me! Black Flag is going to deliver a story in its own right; and what if Haytham pops up in the end? Or even Connor? Do you really want that spoiled?

dxsxhxcx
03-27-2013, 01:10 AM
I don't get all this sentiment of "I'm not going dark because there's no connection to the ongoing plot"... Well, Red Dead had no ongoing plot, and I still didn't want Redemption spoiled for me! Black Flag is going to deliver a story in its own right; and what if Haytham pops up in the end? Or even Connor? Do you really want that spoiled?

I don't really care that much about spoilers regarding the life of the ancestor, of course the less I know about key moments (like a death or something like that) of his life the better but if I end up discovering some things I doubt they'll be able to ruin my experience with the game, but things like the modern days in AC due to its cliffhangers and potential because of S16's glyphs were something that I liked to discover by myself, I doubt the ancestor' story will have something as intriguing and mysterious as the modern days sequences used to have in the previous games and to be frank, AC3 kinda ruined the modern days for me and I'm also tired of wait for answers so I doubt they'll be able to deliver something really interesting that'll restore my faith in the modern days, and even if they do, it'll hardly be comparable as how things used to be during Desmond's arc..

pirate1802
03-27-2013, 04:35 AM

I don't get it either. In AC3, Haytham's affiliation was a bazillion times bigger twist than Desmond's fate IMO. And knowing that hurt me. :( This time, in case of such twists I'm gonna be perfectly unprepared. :D ..be an AC4 virgin till the game is in my hands. And I bet there will be some twists in Edward's life comparable to Washington's betrayal since it seems he's gonna swing between Assassins and Templars, bet there will be some side-switching too. Don't want all these spoiled.

Oh and Connor may yet show up. I want to keep he surprise intact.

Legendz54
03-27-2013, 05:56 AM
the only reason to "go dark" IMO was to avoid spoilers from the modern days, with that gone or this aspect of the game apparently being reduced to nothing in AC4 thanks to how it was handled in AC3, IMO there's no reason to avoid the forums or don't see what will be released about the game before its release..

They said that modern day characters will be returning and that TWCB stuff will be in AC4 so i think there is some stuff that can be spoiled.

I-Like-Pie45
03-27-2013, 06:03 AM
I usually stitch my eyelids shut until I finished the game.

It's a double-edged sword since I can't actually see what's happening, but it prevents spoilers fer sure!

TheBearJew32
03-27-2013, 06:22 AM
Go dark? no. I still visit wherever i want, i just have enough sense not to click on certain things. I don't get why it's so hard for some. I mean, i want to be surprised when i put the game in for the first time. I want to find the new features myself. I try to only look at screenshots and trailers. The only thing i will look at close to release is the review score, and that's just the number. Plus, there are a handful of games to keep me busy...then there's school/work...F
...same goes for movies

pirate1802
03-27-2013, 06:22 AM
I usually stitch my eyelids shut until I finished the game.

It's a double-edged sword since I can't actually see what's happening, but it prevents spoilers fer sure!

That's brutal. How do you finish the game when you can't see? :O

Legendz54
03-27-2013, 06:24 AM
Go dark? no. I still visit wherever i want, i just have enough sense not to click on certain things. I don't get why it's so hard for some. I mean, i want to be surprised when i put the game in for the first time. I want to find the new features myself. I try to only look at screenshots and trailers. The only thing i will look at close to release is the review score, and that's just the number. Plus, there are a handful of games to keep me busy...then there's school/work...F
...same goes for movies

what if you log onto the forums 2 days before release and then someone titles a thread "Lucy comes back!' Or something like that lol.

TheBearJew32
03-27-2013, 06:33 AM
what if you log onto the forums 2 days before release and then someone titles a thread "Lucy comes back!' Or something like that lol.

lol...i rip my keyboard out of the computer and repeatedly begin to smash my face with it ...SOILED IT! SOILED IT! SOILED IT!

LoyalACFan
03-27-2013, 06:44 AM
lol...i rip my keyboard out of the computer and repeatedly begin to smash my face with it ...SOILED IT! SOILED IT! SOILED IT!

Well it happened to me. 2010; I was a member of IGN then, my account's now defunct. Anyway, I logged onto the boards (SEVERAL days before launch, mind you) and there on the front page was the news Desmond Kills Lucy. :nonchalance:

FFFFFUUUUUUUU-

Jack_Pirate
03-27-2013, 06:46 AM
This should be the official "Going dark" thread.

****ing hell.. last time I knew virtually every major story point well in advance. It was like there was nothing to know when I played the game. Some of my trusted ones betrayed me.. -_-

Arrr. reminds me of the mutiny of '16

I-Like-Pie45
03-27-2013, 06:49 AM
That's brutal. How do you finish the game when you can't see? :O

The way my blind gaming mentor taught me:
http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/thumb/1/14/Daredevil_65.jpg/250px-Daredevil_65.jpg

samurai.leo
03-27-2013, 06:50 AM
first week of release warning don't go to other game forums or browser news

pirate1802
03-27-2013, 07:55 AM

I know that feel.. when I saw Infinite spoilers I lost my appetite for a while. :/

Dat feeling.. of carefully dodging landmines. And then one stupid mistake and you're done.

Legendz54
07-30-2013, 12:46 AM
Bump, With all the Mild spoilers anyone thinking about going dark?... I will re bump this 2-4 weeks prior to the game release.

DisbandedBox359
07-30-2013, 12:56 AM
Going dark now....
Nah maybe a few weeks before, I'm quite bad for reading spoilers and watched leaked videos.

SixKeys
07-30-2013, 01:14 AM
I think the time is right for going dark now. Too much info and footage being released early this year. I might still follow multiplayer news, but I'll try to avoid single-player info from now on. See you all whenever the PC version is released. Peace out.

ProletariatPleb
07-30-2013, 01:15 AM
I think the time is right for going dark now. Too much info and footage being released early this year. I might still follow multiplayer news, but I'll try to avoid single-player info from now on. See you all whenever the PC version is released. Peace out.
I'll miss you Six ._.

ACfan443
07-30-2013, 01:33 AM

Nooo!

FR0ZENZiNE
07-30-2013, 02:07 AM
I'll cut my LAN cable and kill all my friends, which like AC4 and get the Current-Gen version one week before release.

pirate1802
07-30-2013, 05:11 AM
I'll cut my LAN cable and kill all my friends, which like AC4 and get the Current-Gen version one week before release.

Only way to be fully safe...

pacmanate
07-30-2013, 08:39 AM

You made the right choice, Padawan.

roostersrule2
07-30-2013, 08:42 AM
Mild Spoilers? I haven't even seen what you guys are talking about haha.

pacmanate
07-30-2013, 08:48 AM

Some people are really sensitive, like... REALLY sensitive. Like knowing who Edward's mentor is. Personally, I don't give a care.

Legendz54
07-30-2013, 08:50 AM

I will give you a hint, Dont go to Edwards wiki, dont read any "the watch" blogs. If you dont like stuff like knowing how Edward joins the Assassins, Knowing who the Templars are and Edwards struggle for part of the game.. I suggest you go dark now.

And if you are ever tempted to look at spoilers just watch this video you chook

http://youtu.be/I5nRjo2SXzk

roostersrule2
07-30-2013, 08:54 AM
Who cares who Eddies mentor is, when we found out about Achilles it was a good thing haha.

That was payback for his reffing in the GF the year before that, it's also the best thing Carney did that year.

Legendz54
07-30-2013, 09:04 AM
Yea I dont really give about the Mentor just some other stuff, On the wiki it explains exactly how Edward joins the Assassins and who the Templars are.

Lol i love the commentating on that clip and poor Roosters lost SBW for 2 weeks although I cant really talk since Bulldogs lost ben barba for 3-4 weeks, anyway i expect to see you in the final rounds.

pacmanate
07-30-2013, 09:06 AM
Yea I dont really give about the Mentor just some other stuff, On the wiki it explains exactly how Edward joins the Assassins and who the Templars are.

Now THAT is a spoiler I wouldnt want to know as it is a major part of the story and the game centers around him joining the creed. That is ridiculous :\

Legendz54
07-30-2013, 09:13 AM
Now THAT is a spoiler I wouldnt want to know as it is a major part of the story and the game centers around him joining the creed. That is ridiculous :\

Stay away from that place and you should be fine, I think I have made up my mind that after the Havana Demo I am getting my tail out of these forums. The game is just 8 weeks away.

roostersrule2
07-30-2013, 09:20 AM

Lol i love the commentating on that clip and poor Roosters lost SBW for 2 weeks although I cant really talk since Bulldogs lost ben barba for 3-4 weeks, anyway i expect to see you in the final rounds.Last time he didn't play we won 40-0 so I'm not worried, but yea those are some pretty big spoilers.

Assassin_M
07-30-2013, 10:30 AM
Some things are pretty spoilery yeah....i don`t read the blogs, so I managed to stay safe for now...although I don`t know for sure, since I don`t intend to buy the game on release date, if i`ll stay safe till it comes out

poptartz20
07-30-2013, 10:37 AM
Umm... well I didn't go dark on AC3 until the release date, and it stayed that way until I purchased it on black friday. (Nov. 26) I read a couple of things right before it hit but it didn't spoil anything for me such as Haytham's appearance and affiliation. Which turned out to be a shocker to me!

Still debating on when to pick up AC4 though. :/ choices.

Assassin_M
07-30-2013, 10:43 AM
Umm... well I didn't go dark on AC3 until the release date, and it stayed that way until I purchased it on black friday. (Nov. 26) I read a couple of things right before it hit but it didn't spoil anything for me such as Haytham's appearance and affiliation. Which turned out to be a shocker to me!

Still debating on when to pick up AC4 though. :/ choices.
You got lucky then xD

poptartz20
07-30-2013, 10:47 AM
You got lucky then xD

That I did! :D I'm kinda hoping the same thing will happen again with AC4 since I'm not sure when I will purchase it. Also with going dark on AC3 on the release date I didn't go looking either for info either because there were bound to be spoilers a plenty.

This will be the first year that I will be apart of these forums for a release. So we will see how it goes this time.

Assassin_M
07-30-2013, 10:48 AM
That I did! :D I'm kinda hoping the same thing will happen again with AC4 since I'm not sure when I will purchase it. Also with going dark on AC3 on the release date I didn't go looking either for info either because there were bound to be spoilers a plenty.

This will be the first year that I will be apart of these forums for a release. So we will see how it goes this time.
It usually doesn't go too well...I had AC III`s ending spoiled for me RIGHT HERE :|

poptartz20
07-30-2013, 10:57 AM
It usually doesn't go too well...I had AC III`s ending spoiled for me RIGHT HERE :|

well sh*t. : |

I might just have to disappear from the forums after release date at least until I play it. Um.. Thanks for the heads up. (sorta) lol!

Legendz54
07-30-2013, 10:59 AM
OP UPDATE: Once you state you are going Dark, You cannot return once the game is in your possession, I will know...

pirate1802
07-30-2013, 11:10 AM
well sh*t. : |

I might just have to disappear from the forums after release date at least until I play it. Um.. Thanks for the heads up. (sorta) lol!

Like I said before, you need to not just disappear from here, but all of the interwebz. I got my AC III ending spoiled on forums not even distantly related to AC or Ubisoft. Scumbags :/ I swear I could break the OP's face if he was standing before me at that point..

On topic, imma go dark at the beginning of September. And totally dark, as in not visiting any videogame forums, just do work-related stuff on internets, 10 days before teh release :@

Assassin_M
07-30-2013, 11:13 AM
Like I said before, you need to not just disappear from here, but all of the interwebz. I got my AC III ending spoiled on forums not even distantly related to AC or Ubisoft. Scumbags :/ I swear I could break the OP's face if he was standing before me at that point..

On topic, imma go dark somewhere in mid September, or after the Havana Demo is released, whichever comes first. And totally dark, as in not visiting any videogame forums, just do work-related stuff on internets, 10 days before teh release :@
Which forum was it again??

pirate1802
07-30-2013, 11:13 AM
Which forum was it again??

Bioware Scumbags Network.

poptartz20
07-30-2013, 11:18 AM

On topic, imma go dark at the beginning of September. And totally dark, as in not visiting any videogame forums, just do work-related stuff on internets, 10 days before teh release :@

woah... Spetember! that seems so early!? well I know for fact I won't do any searches on it when the date gets closer. Also this is the only forum I'm to most active on so my major concern is what will happen here.

Assassin_M
07-30-2013, 11:18 AM
They have scumbag in the title? :P

But that`s a ***** yeah...i`m on the fence on saying whether or not it`s your fault >_>

pirate1802
07-30-2013, 11:20 AM
They have scumbag in the title? :P

But that`s a ***** yeah...i`m on the fence on saying whether or not it`s your fault >_>

That would be my fault if the title had a spoiler warning.. There are hundreds of thread there with people complaining about the endings. How was I supposed to know that this particular thread complained about not ME3, but AC3 -_-

ProletariatPleb
07-30-2013, 11:21 AM
What were you doing on Biodrone anyway....

Assassin_M
That would be my fault if the title had a spoiler warning.. There are hundreds of thread there with people complaining about the endings. How was I supposed to know that this particular thread complained about not ME3, but AC3 -_-
I can still tell you why you were on the interwebz at all :rolleyes:

That previous time could`v been used somewhere else :|

pirate1802
woah... Spetember! that seems so early!? well I know for fact I won't do any searches on it when the date gets closer. Also this is the only forum I'm to most active on so my major concern is what will happen here.

Having no info for 2 months is way better than being spoiled about say, the Haytham twist.. :|

catkiller97
07-30-2013, 11:22 AM
can we stick to the topic?

after Havana demo :)

pirate1802
07-30-2013, 11:23 AM
What were you doing on Biodrone anyway....

I derive a somewhat sadistic pleasure seeing fans being all over-dramatic over the endings, how it destroyed their lives, killed their puppies and made their wives leave them and such :S Yes I am a bad man. :|

poptartz20
07-30-2013, 11:24 AM
Understood. Lol!

I hope I won't learn the hard way. Ughh... #noregets

okay I'll probably stay away the 2 weeks before the game hits and until after I play it. Dx that's going to be crazy!

Mr_Shade
07-30-2013, 11:37 AM
When we get news that the game has gone to reviews etc - we normally post up the spoiler warning thread..

That's a good time to vanish - if you REALLY need too - since it's possible some spoilers could leak through..

The forum staff will be on high alert though..

DisbandedBox359
07-30-2013, 12:38 PM

I haven't seen the spoilers either. Don't know if I'm glad of this or not.

Ureh
07-30-2013, 03:34 PM
I'll go dark when I have the game.

pacmanate
07-30-2013, 03:36 PM
I'll go dark when I have the game.

Yes! Be a man like me.

Legendz54
10-14-2013, 12:30 PM
bump anyone wanna go Dark now? I havent seen many of our known forums lately? I will be going dark in a week or so.

pacmanate
10-14-2013, 12:33 PM
bump anyone wanna go Dark now? I havent seen many of our known forums lately? I will be going dark in a week or so.

I expect some people might go dark in a few days... most people go crazy when 1 leak comes out and they just scarper haha.

Layytez
10-14-2013, 01:27 PM
Never gone dark and never will.

pirate1802
10-14-2013, 01:30 PM
I remember what happened last year. I iz scared, might go dark in a weak or so.

FrankieSatt
10-14-2013, 01:52 PM
The ending for AC3 was spoiled because the ending was completely crap and the worst ending of any game I've have personally played.

Saying that, since I might not even get ACIV I'm not going anywhere. Actually, I hope to see enough of people talking about it and posting videos that would actually encourage me to buy the game and play it.

I need to see a whole hell of alot more than what we have before I buy it.

pacmanate
10-14-2013, 01:54 PM
The ending for AC3 was spoiled because the ending was completely crap and the worst ending of any game I've have personally played.

Saying that, since I might not even get ACIV I'm not going anywhere. Actually, I hope to see enough of people talking about it and posting videos that would actually encourage me to buy the game and play it.

I need to see a whole hell of alot more than what we have before I buy it.

Do you play PC or consoles?

LoyalACFan
10-14-2013, 02:05 PM
I've changed my mind about going dark... it's only two weeks til release and I have no idea what's going on with the story. I trust they're not going to reveal anything excessively spoilery.

I won't be here for the week leading up to release, but that's not a conscious decision. I just have a s***load of stuff to do that week. Won't be getting to AC4 until Friday or the weekend I guess I'll miss any leaks that way by default...

pirate1802
10-14-2013, 02:06 PM

Nah the ending was spoiled because some ******bag saw it, hated it, and thought hey, let's make even more people rage. So he posted that crap here. I remember his reply on asked why he posted it: "I was saving them from a crap ending." Yeah riiiiiiiiiiight.

adventurewomen
10-14-2013, 02:12 PM
I have been careful not to read AC4 spoilers, so the ending of AC4 isn't spoiled for me! :D

I think next week I'll go for a little while.

EllJim
10-14-2013, 02:15 PM
Week of release (Tuesday) want to experience it myself not through someone else's eyes. Will be chomping at the bit come Tuesday however, hope books can sustain me.

Mr_Shade
FYI - reviewers maybe getting review code this week.. however none of them should be sharing ANYTHING from the game relating to story, gameplay or anything else, not already announced...

Just in case you see anything floating about on twitter about games arriving - which tbh they shouldn't be saying either..

In fact... I shouldn't have said anything.. lol

hay ho ;)

pirate1802
FYI - reviewers maybe getting review code this week.. however none of them should be sharing ANYTHING from the game..

Just in case you see anything floating about on twitter about games arriving - which tbh they shouldn't be saying either..

hay ho ;)

We have heard too much. What is to become of us?

pacmanate
10-14-2013, 02:16 PM
I've changed my mind about going dark... it's only two weeks til release and I have no idea what's going on with the story. I trust they're not going to reveal anything excessively spoilery.

I won't be here for the week leading up to release, but that's not a conscious decision. I just have a s***load of stuff to do that week. Won't be getting to AC4 until Friday or the weekend I guess I'll miss any leaks that way by default...

Oh sweet. I never go dark, I just act stealthy. I know vaguely what time mods come on, so I will be on only at night time after they have done all the clearing up :p

Mr_Shade
10-14-2013, 02:17 PM
tbh the American team should be on when the Uk guys aren't anyway.. [looks]

EllJim
10-14-2013, 02:18 PM
FYI - reviewers maybe getting review code this week.. however none of them should be sharing ANYTHING from the game relating to story, gameplay or anything else, not already announced...

hay ho ;)

I'd microwave your hand, your implanted company chip is about to explode.

pacmanate
10-14-2013, 02:20 PM
tbh the American team should be on when the Uk guys aren't anyway.. [looks]

They are the stealthiest. You think they aren't looking and then...

BAM!

"You have received an infraction"

Mr_Shade
10-14-2013, 02:26 PM
hahha yeah..

Oh and Tully, he's from Oz.. so he sneaks up on you 'from down under' ;)

Stealth Gamer92
10-14-2013, 02:32 PM
You con not spoil or ruin a game by telling me detailed plot spoilers. I still get a thril out of playing through and seeing it on my own.

Mr_Shade
10-14-2013, 02:36 PM
You con not spoil or ruin a game by telling me detailed plot spoilers. I still get a thril out of playing through and seeing it on my own.
I suggest you don't ask in here - even though I know you are not - since others may if someone posts some to you in here ;)

trolls are very odd.. And may see that as an invitation!

Stealth Gamer92
10-14-2013, 03:00 PM
I suggest you don't ask in here - even though I know you are not - since others may if someone posts some to you in here ;)

trolls are very odd.. And may see that as an invitation!

Question was "how do I avoid spoilers" answer is "I dont." I actualy look for them but only on websites like IGN or wiki.

pacmanate
10-14-2013, 04:27 PM
hahha yeah..

That is disgusting and I feel violated

Shahkulu101
10-14-2013, 04:41 PM
I might go 'dark'. Not because I want to avoid spoilers but just because the activity is dying down a little.

It should be choc-full after the release of AC4 - and I may find my self saying "Be careful what you wish for."

pacmanate
10-14-2013, 04:44 PM
I might go 'dark'. Not because I want to avoid spoilers but just because the activity is dying down a little.

It should be choc-full after the release of AC4 - and I may find my self saying "Be careful what you wish for."

Once you go dark you never... wait... okay.

I just realised the title of this thread is pointless, what strategy to go dark do you have other than leaving?

I-Like-Pie45
10-14-2013, 04:47 PM
every time i read a spoiler

i hit my head against the wall until i forget everything

Shahkulu101
10-14-2013, 04:48 PM
Once you go dark you never... wait... okay.

I just realised the title of this thread is pointless, what strategy to go dark do you have other than leaving?

I am dark... so technically... since I've... you know...

To answer your question, perhaps some people will stick to off-topic threads.

xboxauditore
10-14-2013, 04:50 PM
From the 29th onward I'll be avoiding everything with the name Assassin's Creed, because, living in England I have to wait until the 1st of November, during which time North America will have had the game for 4 days. There will be spoilers.

adventurewomen
10-14-2013, 04:50 PM
hahha yeah..

:eek: :eek:!!

Shahkulu101
10-14-2013, 04:52 PM
From the 29th onward I'll be avoiding everything with the name Assassin's Creed, because, living in England I have to wait until the 1st of November, during which time North America will have had the game for 4 days. There will be spoilers.

That is a very good idea. I think I will do the same - well done.

Cookie?

xboxauditore
10-14-2013, 04:54 PM
That is a very good idea. I think I will do the same - well done.

Cookie?

Cookie! Yay! *Noms*

lothario-da-be
10-14-2013, 05:35 PM
I will go dark when i see the unboxings of the Edward and Blackbeard statues. When i see they aren't crap i can buy them and leave the forums, youtbe and facebook until i completed. ac4.

Bastiaen
10-14-2013, 06:42 PM
I'll probably go dark when gameplay starts leaking. I've got to wait that extra 3 weeks for the X1 release, so I can't afford to get too excited yet.

FrankieSatt
10-14-2013, 07:42 PM
Do you play PC or consoles?

I play on consoles, XBox 360 to be specific

Locopells
10-21-2013, 04:02 PM
Going dark now. As ever, in the unlikely event anyone needs me, PM's will still get through. Otherwise...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LUfoT_BVjxw

Mr_Shade
10-21-2013, 04:17 PM
Going dark now. As ever, in the unlikely event anyone needs me, PM's will still get through. Otherwise...

thank GOD!

lol

see you on the flip side ;)

silvermercy
10-21-2013, 11:30 PM
When I go dark I will change my avatar to Darth Vader. I will have to wait like a month until I get access to one of my consoles ( I have 3 consoles and they're all abroad! Ugh! *bangs head on desk*)

Shahkulu101
10-21-2013, 11:37 PM
When I go dark I will change my avatar to Darth Vader. I will have to wait like a month until I get access to one of my consoles ( I have 3 consoles and they're all abroad! Ugh! *bangs head on desk*)

And yet millions will be playing it in a week - frolicking freely in the Caribbean sea, joined by Blackbeard and Adewale.

Muhahaha!

ArabianFrost
10-21-2013, 11:41 PM
And yet millions will be playing it in a week - frolicking freely in the Caribbean sea, joined by Blackbeard and Adewale.

Muhahaha!

You can frolick in the Caribbean all you want. I'll be frolicking with Anne Bonny the entire game.

silvermercy
10-21-2013, 11:44 PM
You mean meanies!!

(I may be going to the actual Caribbean this Christmas though... muehehee....)

Shahkulu101
10-21-2013, 11:44 PM
You can frolick in the Caribbean all you want. I'll be frolicking with Anne Bonny the entire game.

I would Anne Bonny sooo much....

Shahkulu101
10-21-2013, 11:46 PM
You mean meanies!!

(I may be going to the Caribbean this Christmas though... muehehee....)

Pffft...no one cares about real-life Silver.

Anyway, if you go - be sure to visit Havana.

ArabianFrost
10-21-2013, 11:49 PM
You mean meanies!!

(I may be going to the actual Caribbean this Christmas though... muehehee....)

Have fun trying to enjoy your time on a freezing beach, as you find nothing to do.

silvermercy
10-21-2013, 11:49 PM
Pffft...no one cares about real-life Silver.

Anyway, if you go - be sure to visit Havana.

That's one of my first destinations! XD I will bring all my Edward figurines with me and take photos, too!

The weather will still be good I've been told.

Legendz54
10-22-2013, 12:06 AM
I am officially going dark, wont be coming back until I finish the game. I will look forward to discussing AC4's ending with you and talking about AC5 ;D

The black water bubble is a spoiler! dont let it hit you!

http://gifs.gifbin.com/1232547517_slo-mo-water-balloon-to-the-face.gif

Until we meet again guys.

ladyleonhart
10-22-2013, 12:13 AM
I am officially going dark, wont be coming back until I finish the game. I will look forward to discussing AC4's ending with you and talking about AC5 ;D...

Until we meet again guys.

That's just so sad. :(

Although, I will be doing that very soon too... *cries*...

Wait... that's actually a very good thing. ;)

Anyway, see you and have fun!! :D

ArabianFrost
10-22-2013, 12:22 AM
I don't want AC4's story to end. I know Darby is going to do a damn well job at making us care for the characters then he'll just shamefully kill them one by one :-/ Enough emotions for games this year. My endocrine system can't take this.

silvermercy
10-22-2013, 12:24 AM
I don't want AC4's story to end. I know Darby is going to do a damn well job at making us care for the characters then he'll just shamefully kill them one by one :-/ Enough emotions for games this year. My endocrine system can't take this.
For me it's worse... both endocrine and paracrine! :(

Layytez
10-22-2013, 12:24 AM
I never go dark because no amount of spoilers can ruin the game for me.

Shahkulu101
10-22-2013, 12:26 AM

I genuinely felt slightly ill because of the emotion I evoked because of The Last of Us. But a good kind of ill, slightly disorientated - basically drunk.

ArabianFrost
10-22-2013, 12:30 AM
For me it's worse... both endocrine and paracrine! :(

I'm taking Physic A.L instead of Bio A.L, so I'm just going to assume it's bad. In this case, my condolences. Tumblr could probably make the best out of the situation when it's due time.

Mr_Shade
10-22-2013, 12:35 AM
Forums are now in spoiler lock down mode..

please see see the pinned thread.

people breaking those new expanded rules, will be banned for life,

ArabianFrost
10-22-2013, 12:35 AM
I genuinely felt slightly ill because of the emotion I evoked because of The Last of Us. But a good kind of ill, slightly disorientated - basically drunk.

I just felt like I ended something I wanted to go on forever. It was so beautiful, but so....ambiguous. I can't really out it to words, but yeah...emotions.

Shahkulu101
10-22-2013, 12:46 AM
I just felt like I ended something I wanted to go on forever. It was so beautiful, but so....ambiguous. I can't really out it to words, but yeah...emotions.

If I had any criticism it would be that it was a little on the short side - but then again, every moment was magnificent.

adventurewomen
10-22-2013, 12:58 AM
Now that I'm in the right thread..

Sometime this week I will, I've started posted less since today, so I might as well "go dark" since I'm trying my best to avoid reviews and spoilers.

pacmanate
10-22-2013, 01:16 AM

:S :S :S :S S: S: S: guess its time for me to read the rules for once.

Mr_Shade
10-22-2013, 01:24 AM
:S :S :S :S S: S: S: guess its time for me to read the rules for once.
They are common sense, so pretty simple and really only repeating what is already in the main rules, but with more detail - so people can't go "oh I didn't know" after we ban them ;)

plentybeef
10-22-2013, 12:39 PM
I'm staying on till the hour I have to get the game. I'm looking for the goodies

x___Luffy___x
10-22-2013, 01:05 PM
going dark just before the console release date. will be back near mid december probably after finishing my first playthrough on pc.

FrankieSatt
10-22-2013, 01:42 PM

Does this mean that there have been leaks already? Sounds that way to me.

pacmanate
10-22-2013, 01:51 PM
Does this mean that there have been leaks already? Sounds that way to me.

I normally search for spoilers for lols and I havent found any. I think its cause review copies and employee copies are being sent this week

anik_lc
10-22-2013, 01:51 PM
Not going dark for ACIV. I will be watching reviews. PC gamer BTW.

FrankieSatt
10-22-2013, 01:58 PM
I normally search for spoilers for lols and I havent found any. I think its cause review copies and employee copies are being sent this week

I just did a quick search myself and didn't find anything. I was hoping to find a new video to watch too. :D

EscoBlades
10-22-2013, 02:32 PM

You'd be wrong. In any case, as with every other previous warning, don't go looking for spoilers if you will only then get upset at having things spoiled for you.

Like Shadey said....it is common sense.

pacmanate
10-22-2013, 03:06 PM
You'd be wrong. In any case, as with every other previous warning, don't go looking for spoilers if you will only then get upset at having things spoiled for you.

Like Shadey said....it is common sense.

How was what I said wrong? What I said was right, review copies and employee copies are being sent. If you are saying I am wrong about not finding leaks that doesnt make sense cause I havent found any, I never said there werent any though.

EscoBlades
10-22-2013, 03:23 PM
Review copies are sent over a period of time. Some get it earlier, some get it later.

You are wrong if you think spoilers would only appear this week because, as you think, copies are only going out this week. Some have had it for a while.

The comment was to stress being vigilant at all times. Especially if you want to go into the experience blind to spoilers.

ArabianFrost
10-22-2013, 06:13 PM
Yeah. That comment on the launch trailer thread pretty much bloody sealed it :-/ didn't anticipate spoilers getting out this early. It didn't even come across as possibly spoilerish considering he didn't even get the game. Even knowing your history can spoil the game. Well, today's my last day here and anything else AC4. Getting GTA V tomorrow so it should keep me busy until AC4. See you until I finish AC4. Should take a week or two.

Fare thee well, fine lads and lasses. Until then.

Mr_Shade
10-22-2013, 06:15 PM
Yeah. That comment on the launch trailer thread pretty much bloody sealed it :-/ didn't anticipate spoilers getting out this early. It didn't even come across as possibly spoilerish considering he didn't even get the game. Even knowing your history can spoil the game. Well, today's my last day here and anything else AC4. Getting GTA V tomorrow so it should keep me busy until AC4. See you until I finish AC4. Should take a week or two.

Fare thee well, fine lads and lasses. Until then.

That is not from the game - its historical, however may be different in game and was behind a spoiler tag - so you shouldn't peak..

STDlyMcStudpants
10-22-2013, 06:27 PM
I go dark the day reviews hit.
When reviews come out that means people are allowed to talk about the game without breaching contract and thats when spoilers come out and so many dbags will spoil laugh and say spoiler alert after the fact COUGH machinima.
And just view the score for gamespot because they for some reason cant give a review without spoilers -_- same with angry joe....
Rev3games and IGN reviews only until i beat the game :D

xboxauditore
10-22-2013, 06:38 PM
I'll be going dark Friday. If the waiting doesn't drive me insane first.

pacmanate
10-22-2013, 07:51 PM
Wait... has stuff happened on here?

STDlyMcStudpants
10-22-2013, 09:02 PM
PS Review copies have def been out for at least 2 weeks now.
This is an 80 hour game..no way a reviewer could cover everything in a week.
(not saying they will play top to bottom) but will def do side quests and open world stuff for the most part..maybe get to sequence 6 (about half way through)
I would expect reviews to hit Friday probably monday though lol

EllJim
10-22-2013, 09:11 PM
Wait... has stuff happened on here?

I made a comment behind a spoiler tag on history Arabian clicked on it and didn't like that he now knew it.

TBH it's about the process we are about to go through playing the game - like a fine wine the joy is in the drinking not being drunk.

I know a lot about the age of sail including this period I am still really looking forward to it as it will be the ship battles, the daring raids, the LIFE and experience shown through in the effort that UBI have put into this, even though I know where it's heading for the most part (i've obviously no idea about modern day setting or Edwards journey)

AC has given us a series where it's ok that you kinda already know how it's going to end with regards to the big events but they take you through the process their own spectacular way which (to me has really been enjoyable).

However all this being said my name is probably mud because of earlier, so I shall slink away to the corner and wait and watch.

**EDIT**

Ran through that brilliant post by woodexx and the trailers vs. the 101 trailer and launch trailer we have had in the last few days, and I've come to the impression of a move from "mechanics" and functionality to more of the story elements, so I think personally no more videos for me but will look out for the reviews

pacmanate
10-22-2013, 09:45 PM
Well if you put it in spoiler tags its his fault for clicking it.

ArabianFrost
10-22-2013, 09:59 PM
Well if you put it in spoiler tags its his fault for clicking it.

Of course it is my fault and I don't really blame him, but it's just that:
1-No had has hands on the game or the plot, so no way did it cross my mind that it would be an actual spoiler.

2-People here use spoiler tags already for things that aren't generally too spoilerish. Just thought this was another one.

3-He didn't specify what spoiler it was there. Definitely sure I would have not opened it if I knew what I was opening (sure the subject was Anne Bonny, but it came without an introduction).

4-bad luck.

Again, if I open the spoiler tags, I'm expecting spoilers, so it's at my own caution, but logical assumptions anyone else could have made and misfortune have led to this. Who would have given it a second thought?

In the future, it's better people specify what bit of info they are spoiling. Definitely something that would be of help in the future. Come AC4 release and let's say we're discussing Ed Thatch. How do you know which part of Thatch's life are we discussing? What if you have played until sequence 5 and only want to discuss Ed until that sequence? What guarantees the discussion won't lead to more advanced sequences? In the future, the mods can enforce spoiler labels.

pacmanate
10-22-2013, 10:03 PM
Well some advice.

1. Since the spoiler rule has now been put in place, everyone should not put stupid things in spoiler tags anymore.
2. Spoiler tags are more often now to contain spoilers than jokes.
3. Don't be tempted.

I know there is are 2 new trailers, the 101 and the Launch trailer. People said there were spoilers in them so I didn't watch, and in my thread I said for people to spoiler tag things, which they did. However I was still tempted to open them haha. Luckily the thread got deleted :p

ArabianFrost
10-22-2013, 10:05 PM
Well some advice.

1. Since the spoiler rule has now been put in place, everyone should not put stupid things in spoiler tags anymore.
2. Spoiler tags are more often now to contain spoilers than jokes.
3. Don't be tempted.

I know there is are 2 new trailers, the 101 and the Launch trailer. People said there were spoilers in them so I didn't watch, and in my thread I said for people to spoiler tag things, which they did. However I was still tempted to open them haha. Luckily the thread got deleted :p
Hope your happy about the leeks Arun. You won.

pacmanate
10-22-2013, 10:22 PM

LOL. Well they werent really leaks, just Ubi apparently overshowing some plot details. That is stuff I do not want to see.

silvermercy
10-22-2013, 10:47 PM
Hmmm... But imagine if it was a trailer for a film... I think it wouldn't seem too spoilery then. I think it looks more spoilery because it's a game trailer... (well I think, I dunno...)

Did ya'll know there's a leek on Edward's boat!

http://static.fjcdn.com/gifs/There+s+a+Leek+in+the+boat_5a7b9c_4797305.gif

:p

superkootje
10-22-2013, 10:53 PM
I was dark allready but I check back everyday to check my PM and to browse through the topic title's ^^

STDlyMcStudpants
10-22-2013, 11:24 PM
how do you do spoiler tags?

pacmanate
10-23-2013, 08:00 AM

But use spoiler instead of spoilers.

HiddenKiller612
10-23-2013, 08:14 AM
http://www.mememaker.net/static/images/memes/2499959.jpg

EllJim
10-23-2013, 08:43 AM
But use spoiler instead of spoilers.

or go into advanced mode and highlight the text you want to make a spoiler and click the gold diamond (see widows post on spoiler rules for screeny)

Example none spoiler using this method

Edward is welsh so I am not surprised there are leeks!

Aphex_Tim
10-23-2013, 08:44 AM
I should go dark once the game is released but I probably won't be able to resist visiting these forums anyway, every once in a while.
Livin' on the edge! :p

Mr_Shade
10-23-2013, 04:59 PM
It is explained in the pinned spoiler rules thread..

Which you did read, right? ;)

STDlyMcStudpants
10-23-2013, 06:26 PM
It is explained in the pinned spoiler rules thread..

Which you did read, right? ;)

No...
I Respect games and their players too much to ever give spoilers unless one is called for in discussion (I still slap hands for AC3 spoilers) so didn't bother to read the rules ;D

pacmanate
10-23-2013, 06:30 PM
No...
I Respect games and their players too much to ever give spoilers unless one is called for in discussion (I still slap hands for AC3 spoilers) so didn't bother to read the rules ;D

Seeing if spoilerception works.

Mr_Shade
10-23-2013, 06:44 PM
:rolleyes:..?

Amazing..

Some of you guys complain when you read REAL spoilers hidden - and make fake joke ones..

STDlyMcStudpants
10-23-2013, 07:07 PM
:rolleyes:..?

Amazing..

Some of you guys complain when you read REAL spoilers hidden - and make fake joke ones..
Lol that will all change Friday...Thats when spoilers get serious!!
TBH I want be posting or reading in this thread until I beat the game in it's entirety. :D
As soon as reviews hit the internet I'm gone lol

xboxauditore
10-23-2013, 07:26 PM
Lol that will all change Friday...Thats when spoilers get serious!!
TBH I want be posting or reading in this thread until I beat the game in it's entirety. :D
As soon as reviews hit the internet I'm gone lol

That's why I've chosen to go dark on Friday, Spoiler day...

ladyleonhart
10-23-2013, 07:49 PM
That's why I've chosen to go dark on Friday, Spoiler day...

There's actually a 'Spoiler day...?' o_0

xboxauditore
10-23-2013, 07:54 PM
There's actually a 'Spoiler day...?' o_0

Well, no, but to me it's the most likely day spoilers will start to appear.

ladyleonhart
10-23-2013, 07:59 PM
Well, no, but to me it's the most likely day spoilers will start to appear.

Thank you for the heads-up. :)

I'm looking forward to ACIV way too much!!

Then, I will definitely be more vigilant. ;)

Mr_Shade
10-23-2013, 08:18 PM
:rolleyes: wish I had that crystal ball..

pacmanate
10-23-2013, 08:21 PM
Spoiler day is this Saturday. Mark that on your calender.

Mr_Shade
10-23-2013, 08:24 PM
ooh lets all guess..

Spoiler day will be the 22nd..

pacmanate
10-23-2013, 08:26 PM
ooh lets all guess..

Spoiler day will be the 22nd..

But that was yesterday

ladyleonhart
10-23-2013, 08:28 PM
But that was yesterday

I think Mr Shade was actually referring to the 'next-gen' release. :P

Luckily, I'll be one of the one's already busy playing. ;)

pacmanate
10-23-2013, 08:32 PM
I think Mr Shade was actually referring to the 'next-gen' release. :P

Luckily, I'll be one of the one's already busy playing. ;)

R u sure?

ladyleonhart
10-23-2013, 08:32 PM
R u sure?

About which part...?

pacmanate
10-23-2013, 08:33 PM
About which part...?

About playing it before me?

ladyleonhart
10-23-2013, 08:36 PM
About playing it before me?

Lol, that doesn't bother me either way. I'll still get it on Tuesday.

So, if you do play it before me, I'll still be happy for you. :)

adventurewomen
10-23-2013, 08:37 PM
10/22 Spoiler Day - That's the first day for me going dark.

Mr_Shade
10-23-2013, 08:38 PM
I just picked a random date ;)

Since, may as well..

No one who has the game 'officially' [as in reviewers] will be posting anything before release day on the 29th..

People able to get it before that, will be posting behind the 'spoiler' tag - so you don't HAVE to look, so shouldn't affect you.. unless like some you have no will power...

People posting willynilly - will be banned ;) - so all good :)

pacmanate
10-23-2013, 08:39 PM
10/22 Spoiler Day - That's the first day for me going dark.

But you are still here?!

pacmanate
10-23-2013, 08:40 PM
Lol, that doesn't bother me either way. I'll still get it on Tuesday.

So, if you do play it before me, I'll still be happy for you. :)

I will annihilated your postman.

Layytez
10-23-2013, 08:59 PM
Black Flag has now leaked on PS3 guys.

pacmanate
10-23-2013, 09:01 PM
Black Flag has now leaked on PS3 guys.

For god's sake I hate losing bets.

Mr_Shade
10-23-2013, 09:04 PM
For god's sake I hate losing bets.you guys really need to say what you mean by leaks..

One minute it's posting spoilers..

Next it's stores selling early..

Now it's torrents.. lol

Either way, we will deal..

Some people have had it a week - and not seen any 'leaks' so far ;)

pacmanate
10-23-2013, 09:05 PM
you guys really need to say what you mean by leaks..

One minute it's posting spoilers..

Next it's stores selling early..

Now it's torrents.. lol

Either way, we will deal..

Some people have had it a week - and not seen any 'leaks' so far ;)

I just took his word for it i didnt say anyfin. I can't find any either :| Bet is back on.

adventurewomen
10-23-2013, 09:06 PM

Since, may as well..

No one who has the game 'officially' [as in reviewers] will be posting anything before release day on the 29th..

People able to get it before that, will be posting behind the 'spoiler' tag - so you don't HAVE to look, so shouldn't affect you.. unless like some you have no will power...

:D

I thought that was the official date, lol!

Well anyway, I appreciate all the work You & Widow and other forum managers do to help keep people posting spoilers iintentionally at bay.

But you are still here?!
I am board.. :D

pacmanate
10-23-2013, 09:11 PM

I am board.. :D

This is why I never go dark haha

Mr_Shade
10-23-2013, 09:14 PM
I just took his word for it i didnt say anyfin. I can't find any either :| Bet is back on.
as I say - you guys need to use the correct words for things..

If a shop sells it early - thats 'breaking /broke street date'

If it's on Torrent sites - thats 'been torrented'

If someone posts information / footage from the game - that's a 'leak' or 'spoiler'

A reviewer doing the above - that's 'Broke embargo'

Using 'leak' for everything and anything = gonna get me confused :P

EllJim
10-23-2013, 09:33 PM
Just seen the other thread going to avoid Youtube from now until I play and will be watching this forum cautiously, in the afternoon (after MR_Shade has cleaned up any dirty spoilers.).

Issue with going full dark, is unless you are turning off the internet you might run into something so it may be worth watching here and for official threads.

Jim.

Sushiglutton
10-23-2013, 09:34 PM
This is why I never go dark haha

I will stay too, I want to see just how ugly it gets ;)

pacmanate
10-23-2013, 09:35 PM
Just seen the other thread going to avoid Youtube from now until I play and will be watching this forum cautiously, in the afternoon (after MR_Shade has cleaned up any dirty spoilers.).

Issue with going full dark, is unless you are turning off the internet you might run into something so it may be worth watching here and for official threads.

Jim.

I would say the off topic thread is safe but there will be one doodle that posts a spoiler there.

silvermercy
10-23-2013, 09:54 PM
I have almost resigned myself that I will not avoid spoilers this year... I may as go to youtube on release date or sooner. HA! That will show them! :|

STDlyMcStudpants
10-23-2013, 09:55 PM

Since, may as well..

I hope you're wrong about no reviews until the 29th...
a Review on release day or after is a huge indication with how confident a publisher is about a game.....
Im hoping AC IV isn't a "oops you just spent $60 too late" game =/
We will see reviews on Monday the 28th.... I know this because I know devs are proud of AC IV :D (At least so they say ;) )

pacmanate
10-23-2013, 09:55 PM
I have almost resigned myself that I will not avoid spoilers this year... I may as go to youtube on release date or sooner. HA! That will show them! :|

Not being home for AC4 is really screwing your head isn't it...

Mr_Shade
10-23-2013, 09:56 PM
I would say the off topic thread is safe but there will be one doodle that posts a spoiler there.
and you had to say that - so that's were they will go..

TO ALL:

The forum team will be on alert and remove anything and everything they spot - however please do PM me anything you think is suspect...

STDlyMcStudpants
10-23-2013, 09:58 PM
I'd also like to warn people now that AC IV has leaked illegal to not read any comments on a youtube video relating to AC IV or search for "News" on google.

silvermercy
10-23-2013, 09:59 PM
Not being home for AC4 is really screwing your head isn't it...

I can see a flying jackdaw at the moment outside my window!! :D
Not the bird, the ship.

pacmanate
10-23-2013, 10:03 PM
I can see a flying jackdaw at the moment outside my window!! :D
Not the bird, the ship.

http://stream1.gifsoup.com/view/932258/big-eyes-o.gif

Mr_Shade
10-23-2013, 10:06 PM
I'd also like to warn people now that AC IV has leaked illegal to not read any comments on a youtube video relating to AC IV or search for "News" on google.
tbh trolls will post it anywhere.. so best to only use sites with moderation - and reportable content ;)

SixKeys
10-23-2013, 10:39 PM
Welp, if it's leaked then I guess it's time for me to go dark. :|

See you around the PC release date.

scooper121s
10-23-2013, 11:47 PM
Welp, if it's been torrented then I guess it's time for me to go dark. :|

See you around the PC release date.
Fixed :P

EllJim
10-24-2013, 08:58 AM

I second this since I think I had the story ruined for me. I went to watch the offical trailer (on Assassin's creeds you tube channel) one last time and someone had posted a comment which intimated part of the story it seems (might not have been true but it looked good - as in real).

so be warned all.

bismp
10-24-2013, 02:35 PM
Walktroughs on youtube...the thing is that there are spoilers in the thumbnails...i won't be playing the game until june...DAT temptation i

Mr_Shade
10-24-2013, 02:43 PM
Guys

no spoilers please in here and certainly not from leaked footage..

bismp
10-24-2013, 02:48 PM
I am sorry.but it was a really minor one.we have been more spoiled by the hundreds of trailers...

adventurewomen
10-24-2013, 02:52 PM
I am sorry.but it was a really minor one.we have been more spoiled by the hundreds of trailers...
Not if you haven't been watching every single AC4 tralier that was released! I haven't so AC4 isn't spoiled for me. Just have to courtesy not to post spoilers - not everyone wants to go looking for spoilers!

Mr_Shade
10-24-2013, 03:05 PM
The tread does not have a spoiler warning in the title..

And its a tread for people basically trying to avoid spoilers?

And you post them here..

I take it you didn't read the pinned thread about posting spoilers?

pacmanate
10-24-2013, 03:21 PM
Oh wow, spoilers in the going dark page. We are not safe.

http://media.tumblr.com/e3268d0912c7fa27162cb4ec0b6ac7a4/tumblr_inline_mq6t6r1RIJ1qz4rgp.gif

Kaschra
10-24-2013, 03:26 PM
Okay... bye bye, guys .___.
I try to avoid the internet as much as possible from now on.

rrebe
10-24-2013, 03:27 PM
Oh wow, spoilers in the going dark page. We are not safe.

Abandon ship, abandon ship! :eek:

LatinaC09
10-24-2013, 03:29 PM
AC4 has been leaked? I wish my preordered edition just "accidentally" shipped a little early...

FR0ZENZiNE
10-24-2013, 03:29 PM
Bye, Ubiforums!

pacmanate
10-24-2013, 03:36 PM
AC4 has been leaked? I wish my preordered edition just "accidentally" shipped a little early...

PS3 Version was on torrent sites yesterday, 360 one went up today. Avoid youtube, avoid any past AC videos and DO NOT READ COMMENTS ON VIDEOS.

To everyone else that is about to bail, see you in a few weeks!

adventurewomen
10-24-2013, 03:52 PM
Abandon ship, abandon ship! :eek:
Be careful of the ROUGE WINDS!

ladyleonhart
10-24-2013, 11:15 PM
Be careful of the ROUGE WINDS!

Lol, I definitely remember those. :P

In the beginning, I didn't think I'd enjoy naval in ACIII but... I really loved it!! :D

adventurewomen
10-25-2013, 12:22 AM
Lol, I definitely remember those. :P

In the beginning, I didn't think I'd enjoy naval in ACIII but... I really loved it!! :D

Yeah same here, I kind of feel that AC3's Navel & Pirate battles were in preparation AC4's pirate battles. I remember when I first started the navel battles I was terrible at them, I kept letting the Aquila destroyed even with upgrades - I felt like a Novice LOL! However much later after a few more of these Navel battles I got used to defeating enemy ships.. when I got to play the AC4 demo I just got used to sinking the enemy ships no troubles like I experienced the first time in AC3 just straight on to sinking ships I feel like a pro! :D

I'll miss Mr. Faulkner tbh! :(

HiddenKiller612
10-25-2013, 12:25 AM
Glad I didn't check this thread when the spoiler was posted.

silvermercy
10-25-2013, 12:31 AM
Was it like... a major spoiler?? I already got a story one (but kinda expected it) for a late sequence.
I guess I will have to abandon ship soon...

I-Like-Pie45
10-25-2013, 12:58 AM
I pissed my pants when Connor showed up at the end of Sequence 14!

Then my smile turned into a frown because they replaced Noah Watts with some idiot who expresses everything syllable with the fakest, most exaggerated emotions. :(

And in fluent English too like he was a native speaker of the language instead of Mohawk. I guess Ubisoft really took all those "wah he's too monotone" complaints to heart

adventurewomen
10-25-2013, 02:24 AM
I pissed my pants when Connor showed up at the end of Sequence 14!

Then my smile turned into a frown because they replaced Noah Watts with some idiot who expresses everything syllable with the fakest, most exaggerated emotions. :(

And in fluent English too like he was a native speaker of the language instead of Mohawk. I guess Ubisoft really took all those "wah he's too monotone" complaints to heart

What? You can't be serious!

I wish I never read this, but you can't be for real.. AC4 is set at least 20 years before Connor was born.

I-Like-Pie45
10-25-2013, 02:29 AM
I am just messing with everyone, Adventurewomen.

Captain America is Comstock

DisbandedBox359
10-25-2013, 02:33 AM
Going into hiding til release see you all on the other side

adventurewomen
10-25-2013, 02:33 AM
I am just messing with everyone, Adventurewomen.

Captain America is Comstock

Lol good! :D

Because I love Noah and no one else should voice Connor other than Noah himself!

Shahkulu101
10-25-2013, 02:45 AM
Right-o, if spoilers have been posted trollingly - then I am outta here!

I may or may not return.

I-Like-Pie45
10-25-2013, 02:55 AM
adventurewomen, I demand pictures of your

favorite store mannequin dummy

LatinaC09
10-25-2013, 04:35 AM
Ha wow...anyways I won't be going dark. Spoilers generally don't bother me too much (I won't be searching them out though). I'm just hoping my AC4 ships a little early.