PDA

View Full Version : No more board games for cryin outloud

OneBull
03-25-2013, 11:57 PM
I hated every time I had to play your board games in AC3. I have played all your games and 100 percent synched all of them so this isn't for lack of experience with your games. I don't understand these board games and I don't care to, they are way too hard and they are basically played by godmode level AI that even on beginner is unbeatable. I have read many posts about this game and its failings but this is a game BREAKING issue. If i wanted to play a board game I would have my 6 year old bring out candyland ( he cheats but he is 6 ) that's why I hate this it feels the same. I am supposed to be an uber-assassin but i'm taking a break to play reversy checkers with a priest really? I would rather be molested by that priest than play these games. Please don't put them back in. I suffered through the wilderness literally in this game and dealt with all the glitches and issues; I even had 3 achilles in the homestead at one time all trying to say something that I couldn't understand. All of the other AC games have been so good I have told people that one so-so entry is acceptable please dont do this to us again.

This is not a rant this is just my frustration with these silly board games.

D.I.D.
03-25-2013, 11:59 PM
Who forced you to play them?

What stopped you from using Google to find out strategies for these games?

Why do you think other people shouldn't be allowed to play these games just because you didn't like them?

Gil_217
03-26-2013, 12:01 AM
What?? The games were amazing, one of the highlights of AC3 actually.

Not to mention they actually added difficulty. Some of them were harder than the game itself. lol

Keep them there, and add a little more!

Assassin_M
03-26-2013, 12:02 AM

Why do you think other people shouldn't be allowed to play these games just because you didn't like them?
This..

The only thing with actual challenge to them in the game...

BATISTABUS
03-26-2013, 12:04 AM
Dear Ubisoft, please implement more games (board games, card games, drinking games, etc.) into AC4: Black Flag. They would really support the pirate lifestyle we all want to experience, and are a nice change of pace from the adventuring and stabbing. Thanks!

nitres15
03-26-2013, 12:06 AM
they should keep them as long as you can rage quit and start a bar fight

OneBull
03-26-2013, 12:07 AM
The achievements, you have to beat them on expert which I feel is to much. You shouldnt have to go online to figure something out. I didnt go online to figure out the glyphs in the other games but this I had to. To play them and win is acceptable but this is my opinion and many others as well how about you post a topic about why you like them and we will see who agrees with whom.

dxsxhxcx
03-26-2013, 12:08 AM
Dear Ubisoft, please implement more games (board games, card games, drinking games, etc.) into AC4: Black Flag. They would really support the pirate lifestyle we all want to experience, and are a nice change of pace from the adventuring and stabbing. Thanks!

this... and continue to make them challenging.. :)

something like this would be really cool (bar fights).. :p

Assassin_M
03-26-2013, 12:08 AM
The achievements, you have to beat them on expert.
strategies on Youtube and numerous other sites...use those

BATISTABUS
03-26-2013, 12:09 AM
YES! This would be especially appropriate in a pirate setting.

F4H bandicoot
03-26-2013, 12:11 AM
The achievements, you have to beat them on expert.

Surely the point of an achievement is to, you know, achieve something...
Hence why the games are difficult.

LoyalACFan
03-26-2013, 12:13 AM

Precisely. That bar fight scene was the highlight of TOKW Pt 2 for me ;)

Make it kind of like Red Dead where if you cheat you can go duel a guy, but you lose the money you wagered. Only in this instance, instead of cheating, you would lobotomize the opponent with the checkerboard and wreck everyone else in the joint with chairs and whiskey bottles.

As for those saying that the board games were the only "challenge" of AC3... Well, maybe, but that's a lame thing to add challenge. The challenge should be found in the mission design, not a minigame.

Assassin_M
03-26-2013, 12:15 AM
As for those saying that the board games were the only "challenge" of AC3... Well, maybe, but that's a lame thing to add challenge. The challenge should be found in the mission design, not a minigame.
I never said challenge should only be in the mini-games, but in a game that`s easy as hell, the board games are a highlight, because you know....I`m desperate for challenge..

silvermercy
03-26-2013, 12:26 AM
Board games were one of the best features in AC3. I thoroughly enjoyed them and I'd like to see some more. Historic games of that era that pirates were very possible to play (when not drunkenly stabbing each other) included Lanterloo, dice games and these in particular: http://www.historylives.com/toysandgames.htm

Spider_Sith9
03-26-2013, 12:26 AM
The board games are fine but **** near everyone of them were IMPOSSIBLE on every difficulty. At least scale the difficulty back a little. I had to cheat just to beat Fanarona and Morris! I mean, jeez Ubisoft!

UrDeviant1
03-26-2013, 12:29 AM
'Original Gamer' was probably the most satisfying achievement to get.

TheBearJew32
03-26-2013, 12:31 AM
Liars dice please...bootstrap bill you're a liar and you will spend an eternity on this ship!

Sushiglutton
03-26-2013, 12:48 AM
Loved them :D! I wish there are really high stakes board games in AC4. I wanna blow all my gold on highstakes fanorona ;)! Are you going to deny everyone who loved playing those games their fun just so that you can get a virtual trophy?

BATISTABUS
03-26-2013, 01:03 AM
Liar's Dice was my favorite game in RDR. I even play it sometimes with my buddies in real life. Please put it in AC4!

Locopells
03-26-2013, 01:11 AM

OH yes... Single most hilarious moment of that episode!

Liars dice please...bootstrap bill you're a liar and you will spend an eternity on this ship!

Thanks you Davy Jones...

nitres15
03-26-2013, 01:14 AM
Liar's Dice was my favorite game in RDR. I even play it sometimes with my buddies in real life. Please put it in AC4!

liars dice was my favorite game in red dead. Did it exist during the piraty era though ?

tinrisky
03-26-2013, 01:24 AM
I had to do it for the trophy, I don't want to do it again, but it was rewarding to finally beat all the guys on the Homestead. (On expert)

xx-pyro
03-26-2013, 01:30 AM
Playing cards for money would be awesome, I wasn't a fan of the board games but they were nifty I suppose, and would make even more sense in Black Flag. Texas Hold'em please!

BATISTABUS
03-26-2013, 01:36 AM
liars dice was my favorite game in red dead. Did it exist during the piraty era though ?
I'm not sure how credible this website is, but apparently it pre-dates European conquest.

The game of Perudo (Liar’s Dice) enjoys a rich and fascinating history that has enthralled anthropologists for years. The game most probably originated in the ancient days of the Incan civilization on the South American continent. In those days, Incan warriors used the game to practice their bluffing skills and perhaps enjoy the entertainment side of Perudo.

In the sixteenth century, the ancient Inca Empire was conquered by Spanish explorers, who founded the Lima (the present capital of the Latin American country, Peru). Many aspects of the strange Inca civilization fascinated the conquerors and they learned much from them. One Spanish conquistador, known as Francisco Pizzaro, returned back to Spain and was probably responsible for spreading the popularity of Perudo Liar’s Dice to the European continent.
http://www.perudoez.net/

EyerisTheFirst
04-28-2013, 10:16 PM

He is right to think that because EVERYONE I KNOW (online friends) hate it deeply.
O, and I do expect you to say that you know a lot of people who truly love these **** board games...
I lost just under 12000 with these frustrating board games.

From AC1 I was a hardcore fan, but now I deeply hate the game.

No more exiting riddles, full of glitches, the game freezes more than once every time I play. Graphics are from 1998 (2D planes for the flora, I mean, come on!) It's like bumping against walls when I walk around the forests. Lip syncs are a big big joke! Sometimes I'm on the rooftops and my horse is following me up there and kicking me of the roof. I mean WTF?

And what's more disgusting, they just copied everything from Red Dead Redemption... Losers!

UBI, take that group who worked on AC3 and kick them the hell out!!

O wait, maybe I'm getting it wrong, it's all about sucking the money out of our pockets right?
Well let me tell you this:
I have officially stopped buying the games new, only second hand so you guys won't get a dime from me any more!

Treating your customers like **** is the basis for piracy!! Think about that. It's a shame I don't know a thing about that, otherwise I would treat them like they treat us: without any respect!!!!!

I AM FRUSTRATED!

Bashilir
04-29-2013, 12:59 AM
He is right to think that because EVERYONE I KNOW (online friends) hate it deeply.
O, and I do expect you to say that you know a lot of people who truly love these **** board games...
I lost just under 12000 with these frustrating board games.

From AC1 I was a hardcore fan, but now I deeply hate the game.

No more exiting riddles, full of glitches, the game freezes more than once every time I play. Graphics are from 1998 (2D planes for the flora, I mean, come on!) It's like bumping against walls when I walk around the forests. Lip syncs are a big big joke! Sometimes I'm on the rooftops and my horse is following me up there and kicking me of the roof. I mean WTF?

And what's more disgusting, they just copied everything from Red Dead Redemption... Losers!

UBI, take that group who worked on AC3 and kick them the hell out!!

O wait, maybe I'm getting it wrong, it's all about sucking the money out of our pockets right?
Well let me tell you this:
I have officially stopped buying the games new, only second hand so you guys won't get a dime from me any more!

Treating your customers like **** is the basis for piracy!! Think about that. It's a shame I don't know a thing about that, otherwise I would treat them like they treat us: without any respect!!!!!

I AM FRUSTRATED!

http://i0.kym-cdn.com/entries/icons/original/000/003/617/okayguy.jpg

EyerisTheFirst
04-29-2013, 06:57 PM
and just the last three hours:
Soldiers are re-spawning on the spot where I stand.
A worker near the docks jumped off something and behold he turned into jezus 'caus he could walk on water.
All of a sudden my horse was like glued onto me. Whatever I did it kept jumping and turning where stood knocking me over several times (also the soldiers). I had to restart (AGAIN)
In the Frontier I was fighting the convoy and it seemed like I turned into a ghost 'caus I could walk through the carriages.
Last night (after my rant here) I did a double assassination near a door and I fell through. I could not get out of the building and had to restart (actually, threw my controller onto the ground and pressed the off button on the ps.

What kind of a f ***ed up team do you guys have working on this series actually?

Letting Patrice Desilets go was plain moronic...

O, and I'm a troll right? That's the only response?
Yeah, that's it, making buyers frustrated with a glitched, flawed, and boring game, and then make sure THEY are the problem.

VitaminsXYZ
04-29-2013, 07:16 PM
Yeah, that's it, making buyers frustrated with a glitched, flawed, and boring game, and then make sure THEY are the problem.

Well it's not like anyone who's replied to you actually works for Ubisoft.

montagemik
04-29-2013, 09:15 PM

Pirates of the Carribbean : Dead man's Chest = Davey jones' crew play this game on deck .................. So this oh so awesome pastime :rolleyes: is certain to be included in AC 4.

montagemik
04-29-2013, 09:24 PM
and just the last three hours:
Soldiers are re-spawning on the spot where I stand.
A worker near the docks jumped off something and behold he turned into jezus 'caus he could walk on water.
All of a sudden my horse was like glued onto me. Whatever I did it kept jumping and turning where stood knocking me over several times (also the soldiers). I had to restart (AGAIN)
In the Frontier I was fighting the convoy and it seemed like I turned into a ghost 'caus I could walk through the carriages.
Last night (after my rant here) I did a double assassination near a door and I fell through. I could not get out of the building and had to restart (actually, threw my controller onto the ground and pressed the off button on the ps.

What kind of a f ***ed up team do you guys have working on this series actually?

Letting Patrice Desilets go was plain moronic...

DUDE , This many complaints 6 months after release ........................ Accomplishes what exactly ?

You had plenty of time to read reviews in last 6 months before buying - The glitches / bugs are common knowledge on ALL formats of AC3 since it's first 2 weeks of release..
OR just get rid of any game you're this unhappy with & move on ............ ( I would )

Bastiaen
04-29-2013, 09:28 PM
My problem is that I'm just horrible at these games. I used online guides, and did fine with fanorona, but morris took me so long that I was just sick of it by the time I got original gamer.
Unrelated note. Did anyone else see that devs are going to be able to constantly add new achievements on the new xbox wihtout dlc? I have mixed feelings. I love achievements, but this means that I'll never complete them.

MasterfulList53
04-30-2013, 02:05 AM
I was surpised to see that, somewhat embarrassingly, I'm in the top 100 for money earned from board games bets on the Xbox Leaderboards... so, yeah I like them a lot. I don't like the bowls mini-game, though.

Looking forward to chess, dice and cards mini games being added in AC4, hopefully.

Anyway, I did find the board games frustrating at first. However, once you have figured out a few strategies they become a lot easier. I think, like a lot of things in the game, they just aren't explained very well.

montagemik
04-30-2013, 03:09 AM
Bowls was by far the easiest minigame in AC-3 - guaranteed win .

I'd go for some seagull target practice though in AC-4

MasterfulList53
04-30-2013, 04:05 AM
Bowls was by far the easiest minigame in AC-3 - guaranteed win .

Yeah I just don't like it very much. There are no interesting strategies involved in it.

montagemik
04-30-2013, 07:39 PM
The BEST minigame in AC-3 was playing 9 Men's morris against Oliver - Have Connor make the 1st move Max Bet ...................... Then give yourself 1 point each time you swear .
See what Highscore you can reach before winning the morris game.

Billiam301
04-30-2013, 09:05 PM
Liars Dice should be in the game, I remember playing it on a Pirates of the Carribean game years ago so it feels like such a pirate game to me, It's also great on RDR :)

STDlyMcStudpants
05-02-2013, 12:11 AM
They were a pain in the ***...last trophy i needed was all homestead victories.
I didn't mind them, but really only enjoyed checkers and that ball game.
As far as it not being linked to being an assassin, that is 100% incorrect... they teach strategy.
But I could 100% live without them.
I dont see them having in ac 4 with all of the exploration and opportunities to make money that there will be..yet then again AC 3 had just as many opportunities...i missed the feeling of money coming in on auto piolet during Ezios time compared to having to earn..kinda stereotypical to make a native so obsessed with gambling ( just kidding ;D)
But as everyone else is saying, it doesnt take away from the game, adds in some aspects and unless you are a trophy hunter; 100% optional

LoyalACFan
05-02-2013, 01:24 AM
I'd go for some seagull target practice though in AC-4

BANG BANG BANG BANG

*reloads for 10 minutes as all the remaining birds fly away*

poptartz20
05-02-2013, 05:03 AM

That would be awesome considering that you are a pirate. Drinking games and other games of that century would greatly loved especially if they had a tie in with the real game like gaining experience of a certain kind or that you could win parts for your ship or a ton of money or other item that could help you on your quests. You could also just have your occasional "just for fun game" I like for things to have some purpose in them. But still completely optional!

CalledChip4200
05-02-2013, 06:53 AM
I like the board games but I swear I haven't won even once. I wanted to beat Achilles at least once before he died but nope

Locopells
05-02-2013, 01:08 PM
Heh, same here. Bet Father Tim for the Original Gamer achievement, but haven't been arsed since.

montagemik
05-02-2013, 01:32 PM
BANG BANG BANG BANG

*reloads for 10 minutes as all the remaining birds fly away*

I never said anything about Guns now did i ? .:p................................ What kind of assassin are you ? .... Throwing knives / Poison blow darts - show some style. LOL

ZeSpecter
05-02-2013, 02:34 PM
It was a cool new feature, but not even once did I actually win

AjinkyaParuleka
05-02-2013, 05:30 PM
It'd be more awesome if the our opponent commented some times,can be a scripted even too like the jail scene with Connor and that other guy.
I hope Edward and Edward(BB) have a rivalry friendship type thingie..

jayjay275
05-02-2013, 07:59 PM
Despite losing tens of times to Ollie the Innkeeper, it was fun as it kept you playing for hours.

lothario-da-be
05-02-2013, 08:04 PM
I too think those minigames were too hard.

Bastiaen
05-02-2013, 09:26 PM
I too thought that they were too hard, but they were interesting and a cool little historical detail. I just wish that they didn't have an achievement and or challenges related to these since they are so hard.

Assassin_M
05-02-2013, 10:23 PM
How I boast a bit ? Boast ?? no....i`m arrogantly showing off alright ?? NYAHAHAHAHAHAHA

Yesterday....was the first time....I ever lost.....in a Board game in AC III......

Checkers: 16 win - 0 loss
X men Morris: 32 win - 109 draw - 0 loss
Fanarona: 12 win - 27 draw - 1 loss

damm you, father timothy

ProletariatPleb
05-02-2013, 10:51 PM
As long as they don't force the damned board minigames into the storyline I'll be fine. But ffs don't make me play some boring board game to do a story mission.

Spider_Sith9
05-03-2013, 11:33 AM
Keep them in but actually make the difficulty consistant.

AjinkyaParuleka
05-03-2013, 04:22 PM
Nice passtime if you are waiting for something to finish downloading.

Assasseffect
05-04-2013, 10:50 PM
The board games were fun, and Connor playing checkers lead to my favorite scene in the series: http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=5pkoURTbdsI#t=167s

Black Flag should have Pirate's Dice. I absolutely loved Pirate's Dice in Red Dead Redemption.

poptartz20
05-05-2013, 09:44 AM
How I boast a bit ? Boast ?? no....i`m arrogantly showing off alright ?? NYAHAHAHAHAHAHA

Yesterday....was the first time....I ever lost.....in a Board game in AC III......

Checkers: 16 win - 0 loss
X men Morris: 32 win - 109 draw - 0 loss
Fanarona: 12 win - 27 draw - 1 loss

damm you, father timothy

WE ALL CAN'T BE LIKE YOU M! *Cries* -- Than again haven't you played the game like 30 times? Lol.

No but really, I've lost several times on the other games but Checkers wasn't a problem. Just never fully grasped the rules of the other 2.