PDA

View Full Version : [Ac2] What I wish for in a remake...

WarriorAegis
03-23-2013, 09:52 PM
... though it'll probably never happen.

AC2 is one of my favorite AC games, but it misses some of the refinement that Brotherhood had. If there were a remake, I'd love to see the following:

- A swear filter--no, it doesn't make "bleep" noises, instead it replaces the heavy vulgar words with mild words. Like when Lucy curses at the beginning of the game, with the swear filter, she would say "d-a-m-n" instead (sorry for going around the swear filter). Of course, this probably won't happen since Lucy's VA dropped out. :/ Also, I felt like swear words (like the F-word and the S-word) were just being thrown in the dialogue for the heck of it.

- Working Flying Knives; basically, I mean that you can use the ability before combat starts like in Brotherhood.

- A re-work of steal; the main motion controls for AC2 remain the same, except, like in AC3, Ezio Gentle-pushes while fast walking, and steals using the unarmed button (B in case of the Xbox 360).

- Harder combat; giving all guards Defense Break from AC1 would make this game significantly more difficult.

- Learn Counter-kill when you're supposed to learn it; in other words, you can't counter-kill (except with fists) until Mario teaches Ezio how to use counter-kill. This effects swords, daggers, and the Hidden blade.

- Better reasons to use Poison; Poison has very little use in AC2. In fact, if the player isn't careful, they may miss out on every opportunity to use it. The best use of poison I've found was using it on a patrol of guards near a bank/Codex page area to draw away the guards protecting the bank/page. More ways to use Poison would be great.

- Allowing us to cancel a gun shot; currently, it's impossible to cancel a gun shot once you start to aim. In Brotherhood, we were given the ability to cancel shots. I believe adding this to AC2 in a remake would be great.

- Relive ALL memories; like in Brotherhood, this feature would allow you to relive every memory we've had in AC2.

That's all I can think of. I know an AC2 remake will most likely never happen, but I wanted to put this out here for the sake of it. :)

SixKeys
03-23-2013, 10:30 PM
A swear filter is your top priority? Really?

emperior
03-23-2013, 11:07 PM
You could cancel shots by changing weapon while aiming.
My top priority would be graphics, random events, some more story events, more story before Auditore's family murder, more outfits, bigger cities and something from brotherhood.
Then the best would be that story doesn't finish in AC2, but continues with brotherhood story, while you could still visit the other cities (except Monteriggioni).
Would be awesome.

D.I.D.
03-23-2013, 11:09 PM
A swear filter is your top priority? Really?

http://wesclark.com/ubn/swearing.html
http://cartastrophe.wordpress.com/2011/01/24/no-swearing-in-utah/
http://www.athleticbusiness.com/editors/blog/default.aspx?id=929

... and other links that I can't post because they include certain words in the URL.

MasterAssasin84
03-23-2013, 11:14 PM
They do not need to remake AC2 its perfect as it is , i would rather ubi work on new projects.

Assassin_M
03-23-2013, 11:17 PM
I wouldn't want them to remake any AC game. with respect to your wishes, of course...

Every AC game is unique, ups and downs left fond memories, if each AC burrows from the latest ACs, all the differences would only be in the story...

pacmanate
03-23-2013, 11:21 PM
I wouldn't want them to remake any AC game. with respect to your wishes, of course...

Every AC game is unique, ups and downs left fond memories, if each AC burrows from the latest ACs, all the differences would only be in the story...

Agreed, every AC brings something new. Actually every game series does that, its just what happens.

SixKeys
03-23-2013, 11:44 PM
Yeah, I'm not fond of remakes unless the only thing they improve is graphics and bug fixes. Changing core gameplay, even if some might argue it's an improvement, is just like those digitally altered re-releases of movies (like Star Wars). Sure, we might be able to do more with today's technology, but the product should be respected and experienced as it was at the time of its release.

D.I.D.
03-23-2013, 11:48 PM
Yeah, I'm not fond of remakes unless the only thing they improve is graphics and bug fixes. Changing core gameplay, even if some might argue it's an improvement, is just like those digitally altered re-releases of movies (like Star Wars). Sure, we might be able to do more with today's technology, but the product should be respected and experienced as it was at the time of its release.

It's just not old enough, really. Maybe in another 5 years it might be time.

I'm not a fan of today's HD rereleases, which tend to be just better textures and some better models but lots of perceptible oldness still hanging around. If they were going to do a full from-scratch remake, I'd like to see Splinter Cell Chaos Theory, but that might just be a case of rose-tinted spectacles.

SixKeys
03-23-2013, 11:53 PM
It's just not old enough, really. Maybe in another 5 years it might be time.

I'm not a fan of today's HD rereleases, which tend to be just better textures and some better models but lots of perceptible oldness still hanging around. If they were going to do a full from-scratch remake, I'd like to see Splinter Cell Chaos Theory, but that might just be a case of rose-tinted spectacles.

I don't have a problem with HD remakes exactly for the reasons you mentioned. Better graphics but still keeping the feel of the original, for better or worse. Like LoZ: Ocarina of Time for the 3DS. The graphics were slightly improved but not to the extent of a complete overhaul even though the character models were clearly showing their age and the lighting wasn't very realistic, but I wouldn't change the graphics in that game for the world, it's just part of the experience for me.

D.I.D.
03-24-2013, 12:02 AM

Yeah, that's a fair point. I guess nobody would like that game any more if it had the equivalent of an ICEnhancer mod/rebuild! That game's graphics were kind of abstract in their original form though, so I was thinking more of games that were reaching for simulation style in the first place.

poptartz20
03-24-2013, 12:09 AM
Yes.. I must agree with the others. The best remake is NO remake!

Unless, it's ZoMBieS! yeah.. (Not really. :/ )

BigTrevor94
03-24-2013, 02:03 AM
I didn't ever hear a beeping sound? and people said ***** and whatnot

UrDeviant1
03-24-2013, 02:08 AM
Maybe they'll do a reboot down the line after taking a few years off from the franchise......BAHahhaahahahha.

D.I.D.
03-24-2013, 02:12 AM
I didn't ever hear a beeping sound? and people said ***** and whatnot

Yeah I think that's the OP's objection, but he/she doesn't want a beep instead of the words either. What he's/she's asking is for all the voice actors to reconvene and record alternative lines, and then for the animators to make the lips sync to the new lines, and then for the player to have a choice of which one they hear. It's not going to happen, especially since one of the major early "f***"s comes from Kristen Bell.

BigTrevor94
03-24-2013, 02:20 AM
Yeah I think that's the OP's objection, but he/she doesn't want a beep instead of the words either. What he's/she's asking is for all the voice actors to reconvene and record alternative lines, and then for the animators to make the lips sync to the new lines, and then for the player to have a choice of which one they hear. It's not going to happen, especially since one of the major early "f***"s comes from Kristen Bell.

Oh I get it :) and I've never heard Kristen say fuc-k? lol ive only heard fuc-k once I think, could be wrong
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B3JLISOQe7A only I've heard lol

D.I.D.
03-24-2013, 02:25 AM
Oh I get it :) and I've never heard Kristen say fuc-k? lol ive only heard fuc-k once I think, could be wrong
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B3JLISOQe7A only I've heard lol

I think there's one right at the start, when Lucy's trying to get Desmond to hurry up and get in the animus or something like that. One of the early cinematics before getting to the new team, anyway.

[edit] Ah no, it's when they're running through the room filled with animuses behind glass, twice

kuled2012
03-24-2013, 09:49 AM
A remake of a game that came out only 4 years ago? Err, no. lol. The only remake I was happy with is Tomb Raider anniversary.

Spider_Sith9
03-24-2013, 10:10 AM
I think AC1 needs a reboot. That way more people will care about it.

Assassin_M
03-24-2013, 10:16 AM
I think AC1 needs a reboot. That way more people will care about it.
DON'T TOUCH MY AC I

I don't give a crap if people don't care about it

Spider_Sith9
03-24-2013, 10:20 AM
DON'T TOUCH MY AC I

I do. It needs to be done. And if I need to use force, then I will.

Assassin_M
03-24-2013, 10:21 AM
I do. It needs to be done. And if I need to use force, then I will.
come at me mo fo..take this virtual bunch....

legacy_neworder
03-24-2013, 10:24 AM
most of the desired changes for this "remake" could be implemented with a patch.

things that I like to see in that patch are:
-being able to replay missions
-remove ezio's beard
-able to buy a map of all feathers
-some of the brotherhood upgrades, like a crossbow or cancelling gun, being able to ride with a horse in a town.

Assassin_M
03-24-2013, 10:26 AM
most of the desired changes for this "remake" could be implemented with a patch.

things that I like to see in that patch are:
-being able to replay missions
-remove ezio's beard
-able to buy a map of all feathers
-some of the brotherhood upgrades, like a crossbow or cancelling gun, being able to ride with a horse in a town.
SOME of those can be in a patch..

Locopells
03-24-2013, 10:28 AM
If AC2 and ACB had been one game as originally intended, then most of that would already be in there.

The one thing I would like in AC1 though, would be for flags to show up on the map after you've collected a certain amount, like Data Fragments in ACR. Wish someone could make a mod along those lines.

dewgel
03-24-2013, 12:33 PM
I'd be interested to see them do this, but I wouldn't bet on it.

For me personally, while we're on a similar subject, I think they missed an opportunity by not introducing us to Giovanni earlier (I know we got the animated short which was great)

Also - They should've made it so when you're playing as young Ezio before he got his robes, that you caught a glimpse of Giovanni in his robes. Would've been nice to see little Easter Eggs like that ha

AjinkyaParuleka
03-24-2013, 01:51 PM
All AC games are unique,I don't want any game remake except...Final Fantasy 7 for PC.

roostersrule2
03-24-2013, 02:25 PM
Haha these are the stupidest ideas to put in a remake.

IWGCJoeCool
03-24-2013, 03:31 PM
though i dont think it's the worst idea in the world, "refreshing" AC1 with some new stuff...he was still a young man when he defeated Al Maulim and wrested control of the Assassins. there were decades that could be covered, just as Ezio's life was expanded upon. i particularly enjoyed the parts early on in Brotherhood, where Ezio thought his struggles were behind him.

but give me an Altai'ir with some of the fighting refinement that came with AC2...arial kills mainly. and really, not for a minute did i mind having to LS lock upon an enemy. and if you could range 2 at a time for a double kill, great!!!

JC

nitres15
03-24-2013, 03:37 PM
id love for them to make a remake of AC2, with AC3s cloth physics and graphics. The combat was the worst out of the series in ACII, AC3s combat system would clean that one up too.

emperior
03-24-2013, 05:36 PM
AC2 + ACB in an unique game, with AC3's graphics and combat except for red triangles above enemies head.
Shop system and rebuilding like in ACB, bigger cities, more story (for example more story before Auditore's execution).
Random events and virtual training of ACB.

Megas_Doux
03-24-2013, 05:40 PM
DON'T TOUCH MY AC I

I would LOVE walking through Damascus at night and being hidden behind columns just like Connor does. But I get your point, AC1 had probably the best atmosphere in the series.

WarriorAegis
03-24-2013, 05:43 PM
WHOA. I did not expect this to go to 4 pages in one day. LOL.

Sorry, I don't have time to read everyone's posts, but I do agree with you guys that Ubi should work on other projects. It's really only a wishlist. ^^;

Locopells
03-24-2013, 06:03 PM
Maybe a 10th Anniversary thing in 2017?

WarriorAegis
03-24-2013, 06:20 PM
Maybe a 10th Anniversary thing in 2017?

That could be possible.

inferno33222
03-24-2013, 10:59 PM
I don't really care for a remake, I just wish they would let you explore all of Florence once you buy the Bonfires of the Vanities DLC. I want to be able to free-roam around at the beginning of the game, not have it locked until that Sequence comes around. Please Ubi, a simple patch will do!

RivalMatt117
12-27-2013, 07:01 PM
I loved this game. specifically, ezio's outfit in this game was the coolest in assassins creed i think. A graphics update for this game...i'd gladly spend a hindred dollars to have an xbox one version with updated graphics