PDA

View Full Version : Do you like the grand-temple?

lothario-da-be
03-23-2013, 07:05 PM
Do you like the design/ style of the temple?
I thought it was ok but could have been much better if it was bigger. That would lead to more exploration and more variety.
Your thoughts?

pirate1802
03-23-2013, 07:09 PM
Its OK. Not bad, but could have been better.

TheHumanTowel
03-23-2013, 07:09 PM
It was alright. The gate was pretty cool. But I thought it should have had more TWCB architecture because the rest of it was basically just a cave. I was more impressed by the Vatican Vault in AC2 and the Colloseum Vault in ACB.

lothario-da-be
03-23-2013, 07:17 PM
It was alright. The gate was pretty cool. But I thought it should have had more TWCB architecture because the rest of it was basically just a cave. I was more impressed by the Vatican Vault in AC2 and the Colloseum Vault in ACB.
i agree, but that was maybe because they were hidden in a city, now its just some lost and forgotten cave.

pacmanate
03-23-2013, 07:48 PM
Woah look at the votes. I voted its okay. Nothing special really at all, was just a place where you couldnt do anything unless it was scripted. Then again, there isnt much you can do under the earth.

UrDeviant1
03-23-2013, 08:25 PM
Considering it housed mankind's salvation and a mind that was once part of an ancient race wiped out thousands of years ago - I'd say it was meh, pretty okay. ;)

D.I.D.
03-23-2013, 08:26 PM
It was pretty good. I liked the atmosphere.

It was a little strange in that I'd thought we see an abandoned TWCB place where they once walked, and instead it felt like it had always been empty, but it didn't really bother me at the time. They had to make a map that would be small enough to load fairly quickly and also give you a sense of scale, and it did that very well.

D.I.D.
03-23-2013, 08:43 PM
Considering it housed mankind's salvation and a mind that was once part of an ancient race wiped out thousands of years ago - I'd say it was meh, pretty okay. ;)

I'm not surprised they were wiped out really. That place was a Health and Safety officer's nightmare: slippery floors, no handrails, bottomless pits, sharp corners everywhere. All it would take is for a First Civ to be a bit clumsy with a juice box in the wrong intersection and you'd lose half the species in an afternoon.

ACfan443
03-23-2013, 09:43 PM
It was okay. I was expecting a lot more from it though.

lothario-da-be
03-23-2013, 09:45 PM
It was okay. I was expecting a lot more from it though.
Me too, i was almost expecting a Cappadocia size temple.

ACfan443
03-23-2013, 09:51 PM
Me too, i was almost expecting a Cappadocia size temple.

Considering that it was supposed to be the place where they worked and collected information to prevent the catastrophe, it seemed quite empty. I would love to have seen (as mentioned) more first civ architecture, bright lights and technology. Something like a developed and magnified version of the vaults.

lothario-da-be
03-23-2013, 09:55 PM
Considering that it was supposed to be the place where they worked and collected information to prevent the catastrophe, it seemed quite empty. I would love to have seen (as mentioned) more first civ architecture, bright lights and technology. Something like a developed and magnified version of the vaults.
I completly agree with this.

sajber00
03-23-2013, 10:03 PM
I don't know. The temple felt creepy, so I was in the animus most of the time :3

ArabianFrost
03-23-2013, 10:06 PM
I expected more oomph from the architecture to be honest. C'mon, you are more advanced than all civilisations combined, yet you can't construct some properly looking chambers.

rileypoole1234
03-23-2013, 11:17 PM
I must admit, I was slightly disappointed. I had an idea in my head of a way cooler looking structure, but this was just a big empty cavern. I just wish it had the lights that the vault in AC2 had.

pacmanate
03-23-2013, 11:22 PM
I must admit, I was slightly disappointed. I had an idea in my head of a way cooler looking structure, but this was just a big empty cavern. I just wish it had the lights that the vault in AC2 had.

I had the same thoughts! I imagined more of the blue stuff and also thought there would be golden stuff around the walls. But that only happened with Desmond :(

Assassin_M
03-23-2013, 11:24 PM
I dunno what everyone meant by "I wanted more" I thought it was fine, really...decent amount of freerunning, numerous rooms and weird set pieces...and I see Cappadocia size Temple..Just what ? Cappadocia was a whole city and why would you even want a Cappadocia sized temple ? People already call it "empty" as it is...or are some of you under the impression that ALWAYS bigger=better ?

pacmanate
03-23-2013, 11:26 PM
bigger=better ?

;)

Assassin_M
03-23-2013, 11:28 PM
;)
Alright, in certain things...but definitely not here

SixKeys
03-23-2013, 11:38 PM
It was okay. I liked exploring the ruins, but I was kind of disappointed that it was basically just one big cave with nothing in it to do. I was hoping the Grand Temple would be more like the tombs from previous games: platforming sections with all kinds of puzzles, alternative routes and artifacts to discover.

Assassin_M
03-24-2013, 12:19 AM
It was okay. I liked exploring the ruins, but I was kind of disappointed that it was basically just one big cave with nothing in it to do. I was hoping the Grand Temple would be more like the tombs from previous games: platforming sections with all kinds of puzzles, alternative routes and artifacts to discover.
Well it was all of that...We had platforming AND secrets to uncover so that sorta replaces artifacts..

I don't mean to sound like a guard dog or anything (Not doing a good job at this), but I just really do not understand some of the complaints at all

AdamPearce
03-24-2013, 01:15 AM
I found it...cheap. I was excepting a whole big epic thing with glyphs on the wall and painting that explain the Story of TWCB and puzzles to access certains hidden room and stuff like that. Because Tinia said that they put ALL the knowledge of all the other temples in this one. And I don't think their knowledge resume to what we've been showed in the game. Also, I found the dialogue with Juno useless, I was like: Ok it's nice but actually I don't give a sh-, give me real revelations!

and as said before, the architeture, the lights and all that stuff.

Assassin_M
03-24-2013, 01:18 AM
I found it...cheap. I was excepting a whole big epic thing with glyphs on the wall and painting that explain the Story of TWCB and puzzles to access certains hidden room and stuff like that. Because Tinia said that they put ALL the knowledge of all the other temples in this one. And I don't think their knowledge resume to what we've been showed in the game. Also, I found the dialogue with Juno useless, I was like: Ok it's nice but actually I don't give a sh-, give me real revelations!

and as said before, the architeture, the lights and all that stuff.
Revelations ? Wha- ? She was explaining how they tried to save the world and failed..what the hell ? You didn't give a **** about that ?

UrDeviant1
03-24-2013, 01:21 AM
xD some people.

Acrimonious_Nin
03-24-2013, 01:27 AM
It was lacking in detail....>_>...you know that one key ingredient that makes an AC game...free roaming...imagine if we had the ability to go searching for the 2 memory discs that Juno through to the bottom of the temple millenia ago ? yeah....that would have been a nice "side mission for Desmond"

AdamPearce
03-24-2013, 01:32 AM
Revelations ? Wha- ? She was explaining how they tried to save the world and failed..what the hell ? You didn't give a **** about that ?

No, because I knew they failed, and that ultimately, it will serve to nothing to show this to Desmond. The only sequences that interested me were the one with Aita (the husband of Juno) because we discovered why she hated the human kind and the one that explain some power of the Apple, which to create elements with the power of the mind. But the rest, I found it long and boring because I knew that it serve to nothing to show this to us. The little explain of Tinia in ACR was perfect (to me), and I don't think the rest was really usefull.

What does it add to the game other than useless details? (It's my opinion by the way, I don't want to generalise)

Assassin_M
03-24-2013, 01:34 AM
No, because I knew they failed, and that ultimately, it will serve to nothing to show this to Desmond. The only sequences that interested me were the one with Aita (the husband of Juno) because we discovered why she hated the human kind and the one that explain some power of the Apple, which to create elements with the power of the mind. But the rest, I found it long and boring because I knew that it serve to nothing to show this to us. The little explain of Tinia in ACR was perfect (to me), and I don't think the rest was really usefull.

What does it add to the game other than useless details? (It's my opinion by the way, I don't want to generalise)
Oh your opinion is that the entire reason this whole temple was built and what they did inside of it is useless..ok cool

AdamPearce
03-24-2013, 01:44 AM
Oh your opinion is that the entire reason this whole temple was built and what they did inside of it is useless..ok cool

They build the Temple to protect themselves from the fury of the Sun, that's the only reason. And they did nothing inside unless that hiding themselves. All the experiences were tryied out before or during the contruction of the Temple. And so those sequence only served to show us what they did and why it failed. But it's not that important because we have no revelations on TWCB or in fact no revelations on the story at all (unless the Juno's hate reason). But of course if you think that those were important good for you, I have my opinion, you have yours. :)

Assassin_M
03-24-2013, 01:46 AM
They build the Temple to protect themselves from the fury of the Sun, that's the only reason. And they did nothing inside unless that hiding themselves. All the experiences were tryied out before or during the contruction of the Temple. And so those sequence only served to show us what they did and why it failed. But it's not that important because we have no revelations on TWCB or in fact no revelations on the story at all (unless the Juno's hate reason). But of course if you think that those were important good for you, I have my opinion, you have yours. :)
Ahh no you`re actually wrong. That Temple was not to hide them. They worked in HERE on the 6 solutions that will aid them in stopping the sun..

funny how you mention Jupiter`s speech and then say that this Temple was only used to hide, seeing as it was Jupiter who mentioned this Temple`s function and importance

UrDeviant1
03-24-2013, 01:47 AM

Sorry that's all wrong.

AdamPearce
03-24-2013, 02:03 AM
Ahh no you`re actually wrong. That Temple was not to hide them. They worked in HERE on the 6 solutions that will aid them in stopping the sun..

funny how you mention Jupiter`s speech and then say that this Temple was only used to hide, seeing as it was Jupiter who mentioned this Temple`s function and importance

Seriously? I thought they tried and when they saw that they failed they build the Temple to survive so they could help the Human to rebuild everything. And that they took the knowledge from every temples to put it there so they won't loose all their work? But anyway it doesn't change anything, those information are still useless because has I said, we already knew what was the conclusion of al that, failure. Personnally I would had like to see what they did to rebuild after that apocalypse, like a little fragment were we see TWCB helping the human. Or the Revolution leaded by Eve, what happened, how did it ended, why did it strated, etc.

Assassin_M
03-24-2013, 04:36 AM
Seriously? I thought they tried and when they saw that they failed they build the Temple to survive so they could help the Human to rebuild everything. And that they took the knowledge from every temples to put it there so they won't loose all their work? But anyway it doesn't change anything, those information are still useless because has I said, we already knew what was the conclusion of al that, failure. Personnally I would had like to see what they did to rebuild after that apocalypse, like a little fragment were we see TWCB helping the human. Or the Revolution leaded by Eve, what happened, how did it ended, why did it strated, etc.
You thought wrong, also, if you`re saying that the solutions are useless because we know how it ended, then everything else is...Eve leading the war ended with the apocalypse and everyone died, after the apocalypse we know what happened too. Adam and Eve got Cain and Abel and Cain killed Abel, Cain became a Templar, Templars fought Assassins and here we have it..

But yeah everything is useless in your opinion, so...Kay..