PDA

View Full Version : The True History of Assassin's Creed IV: Black Flag

doogsy91
03-23-2013, 10:17 AM
A very interesting article from gameinformer about what actually went on during the golden age of piracy...

http://www.gameinformer.com/b/features/archive/2013/03/22/2675977.aspx?PostPageIndex=1​

MasterAssasin84
03-23-2013, 10:50 AM
Yea i actualy saw this on twitter , a very interesting read,

pirate1802
03-23-2013, 10:57 AM
Reading it right now..

lothario-da-be
03-23-2013, 12:31 PM
Cool article, its funny to see that every year the hardcore ac fans are educating themself about the new time period.

pirate1802
03-23-2013, 12:44 PM
Cool article, its funny to see that every year the hardcore ac fans are educating themself about the new time period.

The things we love about being an AC fan eh?

AjinkyaParuleka
03-23-2013, 01:23 PM
Why do I think....1700's pirate were...good guys?

roostersrule2
03-23-2013, 01:28 PM
Why do I think....1700's pirate were...good guys?I really hope the game doesn't show this for the whole thing.

AjinkyaParuleka
03-23-2013, 01:39 PM
I really hope the game doesn't show this for the whole thing.
Obviously not,They won't show Pirates as good guys in the whole game,or series.Templars for example were shown in bad light till AC3,where many people turned to the Templar.Assassins too has one such eg.

lothario-da-be
03-23-2013, 01:47 PM
Obviously not,They won't show Pirates as good guys in the whole game,or series.Templars for example were shown in bad light till AC3,where many people turned to the Templar.Assassins too has one such eg.
Templars weren't always bad,look at ac1.

lothario-da-be
03-23-2013, 01:49 PM
The things we love about being an AC fan eh?
True, i wonder how a cod fan looks foreward to a new game, same bad graphics, same locations,no new features , ****ty story...

pirate1802
03-23-2013, 01:51 PM
True, i wonder how a cod fan looks foreward to a new game, same bad graphics, same locations,no new features , ****ty story...

Heh, atleast we learn something new with each new AC, things I can't say about my other favourite franchises, Mass Effect for example.

Locopells
03-23-2013, 01:59 PM
Yeah, that's why it's mad to compare AC to COD, just because they both have yearly releases. The difference is vast.

Reading article now.

ArabianFrost
03-23-2013, 02:12 PM
Similar to AC3, I am still concerned about the number of assassinations in the game. Doesn't seem like many leaders were assassinated at the time of Edward.

roostersrule2
03-23-2013, 02:16 PM
Similar to AC3, I am still concerned about the number of assassinations in the game. Doesn't seem like many leaders were assassinated at the time of Edward.You don't have to be assassinated in real life for the devs to put you as a target, you only have to die in the time period. As for AC3, the American Revolution was well documented so they didn't have as much free reign.

AjinkyaParuleka
03-23-2013, 02:17 PM
Similar to AC3, I am still concerned about the number of assassinations in the game. Doesn't seem like many leaders were assassinated at the time of Edward.
I don't care if they have like 50 assassinations in the game,the lower the better.You can remember them,each and every word they say.AC3 worked well in this way.

ArabianFrost
03-23-2013, 02:29 PM
You don't have to be assassinated in real life for the devs to put you as a target, you only have to die in the time period. As for AC3, the American Revolution was well documented so they didn't have as much free reign.

I hope there is truth to what you say, because the author of the book seems like he detailed the piracy era quite well.

roostersrule2
03-23-2013, 02:31 PM
I hope there is truth to what you say, because the author of the book seems like he detailed the piracy era quite well.He probably did, but nowhere near as much as he could of if he wanted to do an American Revolution book.

ArabianFrost
03-23-2013, 02:32 PM
I don't care if they have like 50 assassinations in the game,the lower the better.You can remember them,each and every word they say.AC3 worked well in this way.

First of all, the assassinations in AC3 were still few and half of them weren't even actual assassination. The fashion and number of assassinations in AC1 were ideal. 10 well-made and non-linear assassination missions is all what I need. Is it such a difficult request?

Farlander1991
03-23-2013, 02:33 PM
I'm more concerned about quality of the assassinations.

AC2 had ****tons of assassinations, but most of the targets were rather boring and/or uninteresting characters
AC3 had few assassinations, and all targets were interesting and well-developed (plus pretty much every assassination situation was unique), but design lacked.

I hope they will go for AC3 type of thing + better mission design (ala AC1).

AC1 had awesome assassinations, but the reason why I am saying AC3 as the 'main' inspiration is because I hope to have more screentime for assassination targets as we had in AC3.

ArabianFrost
03-23-2013, 02:35 PM
He probably did, but nowhere near as much as he could of if he wanted to do an American Revolution book.

I'll take your word on it, rooster, but mark my words, if I don't get my myriad of assassinations then you are as good as dead, even though it isn't your fault.

pirate1802
03-23-2013, 02:37 PM
I'll take your word on it, rooster, but mark my words, if I don't get my myriad of assassinations then you are as good as dead, even though it isn't your fault.

But he guards my rotten swordfish! Who'll supply me that if he dies?

roostersrule2
03-23-2013, 02:37 PM
I'll take your word on it, rooster, but mark my words, if I don't get my myriad of assassinations then you are as good as dead, even though it isn't your fault.Come at me, I have a rotten sword fish.

ArabianFrost
03-23-2013, 02:44 PM
Come at me, I have a rotten sword fish.

You really think it is any good against by decapitated beaver hammer?

roostersrule2
03-23-2013, 02:45 PM
You really think it is any good against by decapitated beaver hammer?Yes.

ArabianFrost
03-23-2013, 02:48 PM
Yes.

*raises beaver hammer in the air and smacks your puny rooster leg with it* BEND THE KNEE TO YOUR MASTER, SAVAGE.

roostersrule2
03-23-2013, 02:52 PM
*raises beaver hammer in the air and smacks your puny rooster leg with it* BEND THE KNEE TO YOUR MASTER, SAVAGE.Batman comes out of nowhere and kicks you beaver hammers ***, I win.

Locopells
03-23-2013, 02:53 PM
Er...

ArabianFrost
03-23-2013, 02:55 PM
Batman comes out of nowhere and kicks you beaver hammers ***, I win.

That's horrible cheating, you unfair bastard.

roostersrule2
03-23-2013, 02:56 PM
That's horrible cheating, you unfair bastard.I have to keep the fish clean in case *SPOILER* Desmond comes back from the dead *SPOILER*.

ArabianFrost
03-23-2013, 03:04 PM
I have to keep the fish clean in case *SPOILER* Desmond comes back from the dead *SPOILER*.

Now I need an explanation link. Also, can't you understand that he's now a naked corpse in some abstergo fridge, where he will soon be decimated into little bits and pieces for abstergo security dogs? Who the hell even waits for the second arrival of Desmond?

roostersrule2
03-23-2013, 03:07 PM
Now I need an explanation link. Also, can't you understand that he's now a naked corpse in some abstergo fridge, where he will soon be decimated into little bits and pieces for abstergo security dogs? Who the hell even waits for the second arrival of Desmond?Pirate and I do.

pirate1802
03-23-2013, 03:09 PM
We're not "waiting" for his second coming, more like hoping against it and prepping for a preemptive strike if it comes to that.

roostersrule2
03-23-2013, 03:10 PM
We're not "waiting" for his second coming, more like hoping against it and prepping for a preemptive strike if it comes to that.Indeed.

ArabianFrost
03-23-2013, 03:17 PM
Indeed.

I think the only 2 guys in this universe that like Desmond are now wetting their pants in sorrow about what you said. He wasn't really THAT bad.

pirate1802
03-23-2013, 03:18 PM
Not THAT good either. Now back to the topic. I'm actually very excited to see dem ladypirates!

roostersrule2
03-23-2013, 03:18 PM
I think the only 2 guys in this universe that like Desmond are now wetting their pants in sorrow about what you said. He wasn't really THAT bad.I liked him to an extent, but if they bring him back to life, rotten sword fish will be used.

Sushiglutton
03-23-2013, 03:27 PM
Great read, I knew absolutely nothing about this time period before. I'm still curious about the scale of this thing. I mean how many were "citizens" in this so called pirate society? And how did the democracy part manifest itself on land (I get that they could replace the captain on the ship and that they shared the loot equally). I mean was there a council that was elected and that influenced the entire pirate fleet, or how (dis)organized was this mini-society.

ArabianFrost
03-23-2013, 03:37 PM
Indeed.

I think the only 2 guys in this universe that like Desmond are now wetting their pants in sorrow about what you said. He wasn't really THAT bad.

roostersrule2
03-23-2013, 03:38 PM
I think the only 2 guys in this universe that like Desmond are now wetting their pants in sorrow about what you said. He wasn't really THAT bad.Haha what?

Sushiglutton
03-23-2013, 03:39 PM

We are talking about the guy who disguised himself in a white hoodie when he went to infiltrate the templar base. He wasn't just bad, he was terrible.

ArabianFrost
03-23-2013, 03:43 PM
Not THAT good either. Now back to the topic. I'm actually very excited to see dem ladypirates!

I'd like to be able to grow a beard then light it on fire, or at least be able to light blackbeard's. I don't care, but I want to see flaming beards.

ArabianFrost
03-23-2013, 03:45 PM
Haha what?

As our all-mighty and ingenious president says, "Ubiforums and mobile browsers don't mix"

ArabianFrost
03-23-2013, 03:46 PM
We are talking about the guy who disguised himself in a white hoodie when he went to infiltrate the templar base. He wasn't just bad, he was terrible.

I'm pretty sure that beacon of light shining from his hand was pretty revealing on its own, so why give a **** if he even wears a clown suit?

Sushiglutton
03-23-2013, 03:55 PM
I'm pretty sure that beacon of light shining from his hand was pretty revealing on its own, so why give a **** if he even wears a clown suit?

He did it in Brazil too, he was visible from a mile away. And the way he kept the zipper half way down, that tatoo and his bracelet. I mean let's face it, the guy was a total ******bag. Even if he got barefoot, grabbed a guitar and started to sing sensitive songs he wouldn't have been a bigger ******bag than he allready was. And on top of all he was incredibly dull.