PDA

View Full Version : Templar Lairs questions

PSFrost
03-22-2013, 12:22 PM
When playing ACII i discovered in map legend an icon of "Templar Lairs" which didn't appear on map yet. I googled it and it seems to be some kind of exclusive content that comes with "Battle of Forli" and "Bonfire of the Vanities" DLCs. My question is when this content can be unlocked in game: along with DLC sequences - or does it require additional pass code? I have PC version of Assasin's Creed Anthology (assuming to have both DLCs) and in game I just entered Venice.

nitres15
03-22-2013, 05:24 PM
they´ll let you know when you can explore them. Just play through the story and Rebecka will tell you when they´re available

PSFrost
03-24-2013, 07:45 PM
I played through the story and I finished the game - there's still no access to Templar Lairs. Did anybody had the same problem?

PSFrost
04-04-2013, 01:11 PM
bump

Anykeyer
04-04-2013, 01:40 PM
Those locations available to those who purchased special editions or 2nd DLC.
Since you cant buy DLC for this game on PC (they are included in base game) your only option is special edition. Search your box for unlock codes, in original 2010 year retail boxes they were printed on separate cards. If there isnt any than Ubisoft failed with this "ultimate" collection

PSFrost
04-04-2013, 08:06 PM
There is no separate code in the instruction (I have Anthology PC edition, both DLC included). I wrote to Ubi Support and I was given this information:

It's a one key unlocks all, how to access these extra content please navigate to our forums (http://forums.ubi.com) as you may be able to find help there or look for a walkthrough for the game.
For the best results, use a search engine such as Google and search for the name of the game followed by "walkthrough".

They don't say this content is not included, they tell me to ask here on forums or google it. I bought "Anthology" in game store, unwrapped, all codes are working fine (I have everything installed up to Brotherhood. I doubt there is sellers's fault.

I am confused.

Anyway, how to get (to) Templar Lairs in my case? Is there any possibility?

Anykeyer
04-05-2013, 08:10 AM
Try entering the same code you used to activate game in extras menu. At least digital editions worked this way, they had only 1 key used in both places. Retails didnt but since its a re-release things may have changed.
There is no way to get lairs on PC without purchasing game again. Except for piracy...

BTW I were unable to find Anthology for PC in any official sources. Only on some german sites where box does not even resembles console's Anthology. It appears that this is unoffical bundle, in this case its not a big surpise that it lacks some exclusive content.

m.dietz
04-16-2013, 10:34 AM
The last time I checked the internet for this, it said that this is not part of the Battle of Forli/Bonfire of Vanities DLCs but need a special code only included in preorder and some other special editions. I too bought the (German) AC II edition that included these two DLCs, but to me it seems like an official bundle. The DVD box looked like the one for the original AC II, just with a "enthält Kampf um Forli und Fegefeuer der Eitelkeiten" (includes Battle of Forli and Bonfire of Vanities, just to translate it) written on it, but as I only had to enter one code (I didn't had another code in the box anyway), I don't think that this is a bundle packed by some retail seller, so it must be an official bundle.

Anyway I also didn't have access to the Templar's Lairs, and so someof the "additional memory" slots in the DNA are not reachable. I first thought that this might have been removed by German censorship, er, youth-protection board, but it could also be, that Ubisoft stripped this edition by themselves (willingly or accidentally)

SpiritMuse
04-17-2013, 02:33 AM
I doubt they're stripped by censorship. The Templar Lairs are pretty much the same thing as the Assassin Tombs.

Anykeyer
04-17-2013, 06:24 AM
To clarify:
templar lairs are extra content included in several special editions, its not DLC but ULC (unlockable present on disc)
console versions have 2 DLCs that weren't a part of the game when it was first released
there are 2 editions of 2nd DLC for consoles - one unlocks templar lairs and other dont
every (at least to my knowledge) console re-release that claims to include both DLC have 1st edition (with lairs unlock) of 2nd DLC

AC2 on PC were released with huge delay. after 2nd DLC release. because of this PC version includes both DLC as part of the main game
but lairs still need to be unlocked separatelly (effectivelly PC release includes 2nd edition of 2nd DLC)
since there are no separate DLC purchases for AC2 on PC your only option is to re-buy the whole game again

it seems very unlikelly that lairs weren't included because of censorship. Looks more like lazyness or lack of knowledge (because I still doubt that this bundle is made by Ubisoft itself) to me.
You probably will have the same problems in AC Brotherhood because situation with PC unlockables is exactly the same. It was only "resolved" in AC Revelations and AC3 since you can/need to buy all DLCs separatelly just like on consoles, and there are no editions of DLCs - ACR DLC3 and AC3 DLC1 always unclude all unlocks no matter what.