PDA

View Full Version : Poor Suuport

emmyrn
03-22-2013, 04:09 AM
I sent a support ticket up 7 days ago, updated it 3 days ago and still zero response. I have lost the ability to play the game with my 360 controller, having played through the entire game with it. Waited for the pre-paid for DLC to come, downloaded it, and then not able to use the medium with which I play. I actually went through uninstalling it this eve, and no go, not even with the main game. I DID get windows 8, that is the only change in my system. There is no specific driver for windows 8 360 controller on the Microsoft site. The controller works perfectly in Farcry 3 and many other games. Any suggestions?. The ini shows the 360 controller as the main one, and the game SEES the controller in the options as the selected method but does not respond to the controller

spectatorx
03-22-2013, 08:52 AM
Try to remove .ini file and start the game.

emmyrn
03-22-2013, 03:21 PM
remove the .ini file....can you please be very specific about how to do that? just delete it?? Didnt that happen when I uninstalled and re-downloaded the game and ran it again?

spectatorx
03-22-2013, 03:33 PM
No, it did not.

More specific about removing file? Hm... let me figure out something... ok, i know!
Do these in front of your computer:
1. Dance cha cha for oven an hour
2. Pray to flying spaghetti monster
3. After pray open folder: C:\Users\$USERNAME$\Documents\Assassin's Creed III\ and click on .ini file with right mouse/touchpad button and select option "delete" and confirm it.
4. Fry some pancakes
5. Start the game.

emmyrn
03-22-2013, 04:28 PM
I don't dance or pray, and I don't like pancakes or smart asses. However, I do appreciate sarcasm and am ever so grateful for your kind, sensitive instruction