PDA

View Full Version : Can't lock pick to save my life

Smittyjaja
03-21-2013, 09:27 PM
I can't lock pick in this game, I am trying to lock pick a chest and I always get stuck on the bit where you have to move the mouse up and down, If I move my mouse even slightly the wrong way it will reset the lock, what the hell? Is there nothing I can do to make it easier?

Roanark
03-22-2013, 02:35 AM
Get a controller? That's what I use and it's far easier. .____.

Smittyjaja
03-22-2013, 08:50 AM
Get a controller? That's what I use and it's far easier. .____.

I don't really want to pay an extra 35 for a game that should work with PC controls

AherasSTRG
03-22-2013, 10:47 AM
I can't lock pick in this game, I am trying to lock pick a chest and I always get stuck on the bit where you have to move the mouse up and down, If I move my mouse even slightly the wrong way it will reset the lock, what the hell? Is there nothing I can do to make it easier?

Is this the first game you play on the PC? The lock picking is astonishngly easy compared to similar lock picking sequences (Oblivion, oh my God...). Just follow the on screen instructions. Move it UP and DOWN, neither right, nor left, nor diagonal.

Roanark
03-22-2013, 07:25 PM
I don't really want to pay an extra 35 for a game that should work with PC controls
A simple wired, generic controller isn't all that expensive and it works on most games... The mouse and keyboard was not designed for gaming in mind and the game is designed with mostly consoles in mind, the developers do the best they can and if it's too hard for you suck it up and get a controller.

Except in the case of Darksiders II where the controls on both controller and a mouse/keyboard are god awful... Though that's mostly unrelated.

Syr.Jake
03-23-2013, 01:16 PM
Stop moving "back and forth" and only move in one direction.

Before I start to lock pick, I place my mouse as close to the edge of my desk as possible and then only move up (away from me) never back towards me.

Once I hit the sweet spot I then move my mouse to the right only, and never to the left.

If I ever run out of space before the game decides to accept my input, I pick the mouse up carefully and move it back to the starting position.

======>>>

If I run out of room.. pick the mouse up move it to where you started and then..

=====>>>> again

Ditto for going up/away from you.

The only times I bork a lock pick is when I screw up moving the mouse.

Smittyjaja
03-23-2013, 06:19 PM
Move it UP and DOWN, neither right, nor left, nor diagonal.

During that bit where you move it up and down, moving left or right even a TINY bit will cause it to restart

A simple wired, generic controller isn't all that expensive and it works on most games... The mouse and keyboard was not designed for gaming in mind and the game is designed with mostly consoles in mind, the developers do the best they can and if it's too hard for you suck it up and get a controller.

You would expect them to make a greater effort if they wanted to release it on PC.