PDA

View Full Version : Why does Multiplayer fail?

ABMpAter
03-21-2013, 08:54 PM
1) No Dedicated server.
I'm getting tired of getting matched with people from Russia, Germany and all over Europe. I have not yet played a single game with an english speaking person or with my Ping in the Green. This is absolutely ******ed. Why can I not filter my matchmaking at least?? Game after game....lag lag lag lag. Every game someone is skipping around the map and you can never hit them. PC versions of games NEED dedicated servers. It's not hard to do. It gives players control over a server as well. I'm getting tired of playing on hosts that have crappy internet or are, as in most cases, on the other side of the globe! Luckily, I bought FC3 for the Single player and Coop element, otherwise I'd be demanding a refund.
Cmon Ubisoft...we're PC gamers, nerds, geeks. We know how to run dedicated servers, so stop throwing us into the Console crowd as far as matchmaking goes.

2) Poor Weapon balancing.
So I shot a guy 5 times with an SVD today, and he lived. I also shot someone point blank with the 1911, emptied a whole clip into him and he lived. My crosshair turned red with each shot, so I know I was hitting him, but really?? Now maybe this is related to the ping issues, or maybe it's just poor net code or hitbxes, but come on! In SP and COOP I get 80-95% headshots. I know how to aim. But head over to mp and it seems the weapons just dont do any damage!

3) Coop related to the Redemption map.....
Crashes every time! Me and a friend have played through all of the Coop maps and the new one, Redemption has crashed on both of us about 3 times each now. We can never seem to make it through that map without it failing. Full game freeze and shutdown. Really annoying.

Just a few things that Ubi needs to work on here....those and making Coop enabled map making.

Redirect7967
03-22-2013, 05:57 AM
Apparently 99% of players attempting to enjoy it.

ABMpAter
03-22-2013, 03:30 PM
Apparently 99% of players attempting to enjoy it.

What does that even mean?

If you are attempting to say that 99% of the people playing it are enjoying it?

Well lets look at it this way. As of the time of me replying to this, there are 4116 People playing Far Cry 3. Lets assume that half of those are playing Multiplayer ok? That's 2058 people playing Multiplayer. So 2037 people are happy and enjoying it. Wow. a whopping 2037 people playing a Multiplayer game in the entire WORLD!

Now, at this very moment there are 18,023 playing Counter-Strike Global Offensive....which has Dedicated servers. hmm....
27,889 people playing CS:S....dedicated servers.
20,612 people playing COD-BO2,....dedicated servers.

Do you see a pattern here?

FC3 has no dedicated server, and no one playing.

Fail all the way around.

Redirect7967
03-22-2013, 04:31 PM
No man, relax, i misspoke, FC3 MP seems to fail the 99% of players attempting to enjoy it. FC3 is clearly built primarily for a FP experience, but it's become a prerequisite that every FPS have a MP mode ( good or bad ). As far as PC, if I wanna' have a little MP fun, I hop onto my CSS clans servers and bust their chops for awhile.

barkatab
03-22-2013, 11:08 PM
I remember played WW2 sea battle game in the DOS era. I heard from reading history book about the German mighty battle ship called BISMARCK where every time she fires the unlucky enemy ship went down. So in that game I chose Bismarck to be safe and guaranty winning. The enemy were pretty much everybody else except the German themselves of course, so I picked the Brits as my breakfast. And the battle started and I was I right the first few gun fire had a direct hit to that puny poms. Than followed by another hit, and the smoke could be seen a long way. Than again the seaman yells "Direct hit sir!". So there were 3 hits, and 10 hits, and 1/2 an hour later 20 hits, and more and more until I stop playing with more than 40 hits, and she was still up!! I told this weirdness to fellow gamer gamer at work and he said: "only 40? try 200 like me and that burning ship was still there when I quit".

So what did you say?

2)
So I shot a guy 5 times with an SVD today, and he lived. I also shot someone point blank with the 1911, emptied a whole clip into him and he lived. My crosshair turned red with each shot, so I know I was hitting him, but really?? Now maybe this is related to the ping issues, or maybe it's just poor net code or hitbxes, but come on!

Maybe they are the same programmers from the DOS era?:)

diurnal
03-23-2013, 04:51 AM
i keep hearing peeps talk about people cheating. i go look online at a video that they cheat on. o mine!!!. I'm not sure if Im going to continue with this game. i might just quit MP, i;ll see tommorrow, im just dumbfounded right now. i dont see ubi doing anything about this. this is major!

toxical2013
03-23-2013, 10:45 PM
If only the MP wouldn't be so COD, it would all be great, map editing and such left aside...

EGVT-TheUnKnowN
03-23-2013, 11:25 PM
Lack of dedicated servers. simple.