PDA

View Full Version : AC3 Digital Deluxe Question

jtburnett
03-21-2013, 09:39 AM
What exactly comes with this? It's absurd that extra content is available to install, yet the game won't tell you what is. Perhaps put the addition DLC's you collect and install into, oh, I don't know, 'Extra's' on the main menu?

I've been told to simply look at my documentation as far as what I have- simple. Yes, the documentation tells me that there is something new, and gives me a download link. How does that possibly help me to understand which DLC's I have installed? Not everyone is 12 years old. Some are older and have other responsibilities besides playing a game 22 hours a day, each day. The point is, I might not be able to get back to a game until three weeks later, and then the question becomes, did I install that, or not? To not have any way of knowing is, at best, insane.

So I call customer Service. One person say's, "yes, by looking at your account, you have everything you're supposed to." Another tells me that "there is no way to tell at our end what you have installed." Another say's, "the Digital Deluxe version comes with The Hidden Secrets and Benedict Arnold DLC's." Another gives me links and tells me, "they have to be installed separately." The UBI Store just say's it comes with all the DLC's when they become available, by using the Seasons Pass, which is included. Wow.

What comes with the UBI Store Deluxe version? Is there really no way to know? Perhaps they need to chat with other game manufacturers- they don't seem to have the same problem as UBI does regarding this.

Thank you.

Locopells
03-21-2013, 11:42 AM
http://i.imgur.com/Il1io.jpg

I don't know about the multiplayer stuff, but the single player missions are available from the start. and Benedict Arnold will show up after you get to New York.

YazX_
03-21-2013, 12:07 PM
you are right, there is no way to know which DLC you installed, on consoles they can know by going to Extras --> Additional/Downloadable Contents, then can view a list and choose to download anything they didnt download it earlier based on which version you have.

on PC its crap as it opens a browser and showing you a store page to buy DLCs and it doesnt show anything else even if you have the content or purchased it without installing, and the main problem is, the game doesnt show you/download DLC contents, you have to get download link from Ubisoft -if you bought the game from Ubishop- and download then install manually.

So, there is only 1 DLC left to be release at April 22nd (Tyranny of king Washington: The Redemption) which is also SP DLC, so download all DLCs and install them:

1. Benedict Arnold. (SP)
2. Battle Hardened Pack. (MP)
3. Tyranny of King Washington: The Infamy.(SP)
4. Tyranny of King Washington: The Betrayal.(SP)

No download packages for Hidden Secrets Pack as the content already in the DDE of the game, but its unlocked when redeeming your code in Extras (if you got a download link for it, then download and install same as above) as following:

Go to Extras in game menu--> Redeem Code, and then enter your CD key (same one you used when activating the game). this is necessary to unlock the contents. yah i know the game should auto detect and stupid to do this twice, however, its like this since several years and unlikely to change.

And last, the only way to know if you have these contents unlocked is by missions' names in game while you are playing which is sad.

jtburnett
03-21-2013, 03:48 PM
Wonderful! I searched and searched and searched, but never ran across that graphic Loco; and Yaz, that now explains why the part in sequence 3, where you fend off/kill the wolves is so ridiculous. They have successfully transferred console type button action, and transferred it too the PC. Most all other games I have, the computer version is much better than the console version, according to those that have or know of both.

Press L Cntrl + Esc + Backspace with your left hand, and at the same time, press Num Lock + Cap Lock + F7 with your right hand, and at the same time operate your toaster with your left toe. I guess this adds realism to the gaming experience, as colonists had to do this in their day-to-day lives when they wanted to accomplish something.

Does UBI realize how much revenue they're losing among the older than 8 set, by releasing their PC games this way? Unless things have changed, I have no desire to buy #4; if I didn't live in Boston, which the story line and scenes, I find interesting, I'd uninstall this and chalk it up as $80. ill spent. As it is, I'll struggle through it.

Thanks for the help guys!

Locopells
03-21-2013, 07:20 PM
Welcome.

Roanark
03-22-2013, 02:37 AM
In short the deluxe edition comes with everything.
Every pre-order bonus, every DLC, game soundtrack, pdf version of washington's notebook... All possible digital content.
Totally worth it IMO.