PDA

View Full Version : Assassin's Creed IV Ideas.

Death_Aflame
03-21-2013, 06:20 AM
Combat.

Add in both Ezio/Alta´r's Knife Counter-kills and Connor's Tomahawk Counter-kills, make them both have seperate and unique counter-kills tied to that specific type of weapon.

Add in Ezio's Sword Counter-kills from Assassin's Creed Revelations, they were brutal and epic.

Make Counter-kills be performed by holding R1 and pressing Square at the appropriate time, not the easy-mode that was in AC III.

General Gameplay.

Give us players the option to toggle the hood on/off by walking and pressing L3, no special feature would happen, only the hood would be put down/up.

Give us players the option to have one or two Hidden Blades.

Give us players the option to have one or two swords.

Bring back the Crossbow?

Make the cities and areas look different, the main problem in Assassin's Creed III for me was New York and Boston looked the exact same. Give us the same colours you have in Assassin's Creed II, the cities in that game looked stunning because they didn't have dull colouring, like in AC III.

Make the travelling like AC III (you didn't have to go to a travel station, you could press Select to bring up the map and travel to different cities easier).

Make the world as big as AC II or possibly bigger, in the fact you could travel to different, extremely large cities (Florence, Forlý‎, Monteriggioni‎ and Venice). I personally didn't like being stuck to one city (ACB, ACR).

Make the Free-run mechanics the same as previous games (R1 + X), there was too many times I saw Connor wall-climb when I never wanted him to.

Make the Assassin able to run along roofs without being spotted all the time.

And last but not least:

Continue to give us the Alta´r ibn-La'Ahad outfit, he was, and still is the most epic Assassin! Make it actually fit the Assassin and not have glitches, like in Assassin's Creed Revelations, and please, keep Alta´r's outfit pure white, I don't really want the outfit being grey, like it was in Assassin's Creed III.

AjinkyaParuleka
03-21-2013, 06:29 AM
Do you even know there's something Called ACIV Black Flags confirmed?

Assassin_M
03-21-2013, 06:33 AM
Combat.

Add in both Ezio/Alta´r's Knife Counter-kills and Connor's Tomahawk Counter-kills.

Add in Ezio's Sword Counter-kills from Assassin's Creed Revelations, they were brutal and epic.
Hell no..These were slow and too flashy..I definitely hope they never bring these back

Make Counter-kills be performed by holding R1 and pressing Square at the appropriate time, not the easy-mode that was in AC III.
I hope not..The should continue going in the batman direction...going back would not make any sense...if AC III is easy, pre-AC III is easier...

General Gameplay.

Give us players the option to toggle the hood on/off by walking and pressing L3, no special feature would happen, only the hood would be put down/up.

Bring back the Crossbow?

Make the cities and areas look different, the main problem in Assassin's Creed III for me was New York and Boston looked the exact same. Give us the same colours you have in Assassin's Creed II, the cities in that game looked stunning because they didn't have dull colouring, like in AC III.
Not going to go through too much with this, but I completely disagree about NY and Boston being the exact same..

Make the travelling like AC III (you didn't have to go to a travel station, you could press Select to bring up the map and travel to different cities easier).

Make the world as big as AC II or possibly bigger, in the fact you could travel to different, extremely large cities (Florence, Forlý‎, Monteriggioni‎ and Venice). I personally didn't like being stuck to one city (ACB, ACR).
AC III was bigger than AC II

Make the Free-run mechanics the same as previous games (R1 + X), there was too many times I saw Connor wall-climb when I never wanted him to.
Wouldn't make any difference if I`m honest..

Disagreed. You`re not automatically spotted...and it actually has some challenge to it

And last but not least:

Continue to give us the Alta´r ibn-La'Ahad outfit, he was, and still is the most epic Assassin! Make it actually fit the Assassin and not have glitches, like in Assassin's Creed Revelations, and please, keep Alta´r's outfit pure white, I don't really want the outfit being grey, like it was in Assassin's Creed III.
Funny how you give no mention of better mission design

Death_Aflame
03-21-2013, 06:33 AM
Do you even know there's something Called ACIV Black Flags confirmed?

Yes, did you even read that these are ideas? They haven't released gameplay yet, so I'm suggesting new things and old things to be brought back.

Assassin_M
03-21-2013, 06:34 AM
Yes, did you even read that these are ideas? They haven't released gameplay yet, so I'm suggesting new things and old things to be brought back.
The only new thing you suggested was the Hood toggle...just sayin`

Death_Aflame
03-21-2013, 06:40 AM
Combat.

Add in both Ezio/Alta´r's Knife Counter-kills and Connor's Tomahawk Counter-kills.

Hell no..These were slow and too flashy..I definitely hope they never bring these back

Flashy, yes, too slow? No. Those counter kills were like eye candy, and they were realistic.

I hope not..The should continue going in the batman direction...going back would not make any sense...if AC III is easy, pre-AC III is easier...

Nah, in AC III, all you had to do was press circle, everything slowed down, and then square. In AC I, AC II, ACB and ACR, you had to hold R1 and press Square at the right time to counter kill.

General Gameplay.

Bring back the Crossbow?

Not going to go through too much with this, but I completely disagree about NY and Boston being the exact same..

I read even Ubisoft believed that they were exactly the same, minus the different landmarks.

AC III was bigger than AC II

In some ways, yes. Only because of the Frontier.

Wouldn't make any difference if I`m honest..

Trust me, it would. You could jog and actually decide where you're going to sprint.

Disagreed. You`re not automatically spotted...and it actually has some challenge to it

Compare AC III to the rest of the AC games.

And last but not least:

Continue to give us the Alta´r ibn-La'Ahad outfit, he was, and is the most epic Assassin! Make it actually fit the Assassin and not have glitches, like in Assassin's Creed Revelations, and please, keep Alta´r's outfit pure white, I don't really want the outfit being grey, like it was in Assassin's Creed III.

Mission design was meh, plus they are already working on better mission designs, so it's not worth mentioning.

Assassin_M
03-21-2013, 06:41 AM
Mission design was meh, plus they are already working on better mission designs, so it's not worth mentioning.
Oh they said they`re working on it so it must be true.

Death_Aflame
03-21-2013, 06:44 AM
The only new thing you suggested was the Hood toggle...just sayin`

Actually I suggested that the knife counter-kills and tomahawk counter kills should be seperate and unique.

Assassin_M
03-21-2013, 06:46 AM
Actually I suggested that the knife counter-kills and tomahawk counter kills should be seperate and unique.
This ?

Where "Separate and Unique" ?

Death_Aflame

Well look at Assassin's Creed as a whole, every game it got better (I'm starting from AC II by the way, nothing can beat AC I in my mind, why? Because there was no patches released for it, nothing was broken, it was working the way the Devs wanted it).

BATISTABUS
This discussion has been going on all day in another thread.
http://forums.ubi.com/showthread.php/760082-New-Features-in-AC4-Discussion

Aside from what M said, I'll disagree on a couple of things.

I agree with you that Boston and New York felt very similar, but I felt like this was mainly due to music/the lack there of. Venice and Florence looked very different, but you could even tell where you were by just listening. The music was very distinct, and I felt like that created good, distinct atmosphere. In AC3, not only wasn't there ambient music, but in-mission music was not distinct. Hell, when you first walk into New York, the "Welcome to Boston" track plays. The cities were accurately built, so I feel like giving them distinct ambient tracks would've helped distinguish them without taking unnecessary creative liberties.

I totally agree with what you said about guards on roofs. I've already had this conversation 3 times today, so I'll give it a rest for now, even though I feel strongly that they should be severely toned down during free-roam.

Death_Aflame
03-21-2013, 06:47 AM
This ?
[/COLOR]
Where "Separate and Unique" ?

Oops, it must not have registered. Hold on.

Jarek23
03-21-2013, 06:48 AM

lol goin hard on him huh?

I've got a suggestion for BF. Ambient f'n Music. :mad:

Assassin_M
03-21-2013, 06:49 AM
lol goin hard on him huh?
Should`v added a smiley I guess, since I WAS kiddin` around...pretty classy of him, though...not raging like some of the other 5 year olds here..

Kudos to you, OP..meant no insult

Assassin_M
03-21-2013, 06:50 AM
Oops, it must not have registered. Hold on.
Yup...seen it now..

AjinkyaParuleka
03-21-2013, 06:53 AM
A crouch button can work..you know.

UrDeviant1
03-21-2013, 06:53 AM
2 button free running again? please no. I like being able to control the camera while I run, without slowing down. Makes me feel so much more agile.

Death_Aflame
03-21-2013, 06:56 AM
Should`v added a smiley I guess, since I WAS kiddin` around...pretty classy of him, though...not raging like some of the other 5 year olds here..

Kudos to you, OP..meant no insult

I don't really care what people say about AC, everyone has their own respective views, and maybe if the Devs listened to what problems everyone agreed with, the problems would be patched quicker. Yeah, I know you meant no insult, it's only a game, people who rage on topics like the COD vs BF3 and problems over certain games are just no-lifers and are probably still breastfed.

Jarek23
03-21-2013, 06:57 AM
2 button free running again? please no. I like being able to control the camera while I run, without slowing down. Makes me feel so much more agile.

Yeah I don't know why so many people hated the single button free run, it worked great.

pirate1802

But..but.. we PC Noblemen always had the ability to control the camera even in the two button setup. Its because of you filthy Console peasants that my system got dumbed down! I hate this world!

Death_Aflame
A crouch button can work..you know.

Why? Lol, I don't really see the point with crouching, why crouch when you can blend into the surrounding area? Or even better, when you're a badass Pirate trained by Assassins?

Assassin_M
03-21-2013, 06:58 AM
I don't really care what people say about AC, everyone has their own respective views, and maybe if the Devs listened to what problems everyone agreed with, the problems would be patched quicker. Yeah, I know you meant no insult, it's only a game, people who rage on topics like the COD vs BF3 and problems over certain games are just no-lifers and are probably still breastfed.
Lets celebrate this civilized disagreement and respect of different views..

BATISTABUS
03-21-2013, 06:59 AM
Yeah I don't know why so many people hated the single button free run, it worked great.
I'm still not sure how I feel about it. I suppose it does make turning the camera a bit easier, but I've honestly never had a problem with that. I suppose I've had more issues climbing when I didn't want to in AC3 than I did with the camera in every game prior.

Death_Aflame
03-21-2013, 06:59 AM

I don't like it because I like to control where the character is going. I hated the fact in the *SPOILER ALERT* scene where you had to chase Hickey, that I continued to wall climb.

Death_Aflame
03-21-2013, 07:00 AM
Lets celebrate this civilized disagreement and respect of different views..

Let us have some tea and crumpets! :cool:

pirate1802
03-21-2013, 07:02 AM
Previously, there used to be a (albeit not huge) challenge in wall-climbing tall structures. Now Connor autoclimbs everything. Just keep the button pressed and you're done. That's what many people don't liek about the new system.

UrDeviant1
03-21-2013, 07:03 AM
But..but.. we PC Noblemen always had the ability to control the camera even in the two button setup. Its because of you filthy Console peasants that my system got dumbed down! I hate this world!

Yeah but who cares about PC, you guys always get shafted. ;)

I'm still not sure how I feel about it. I suppose it does make turning the camera a bit easier, but I've honestly never had a problem with that. I suppose I've had more issues climbing when I didn't want to in AC3 than I did with the camera in every game prior.

A problem I rarely have. I guess my immense navigational skills are the reason why.

Death_Aflame
03-21-2013, 07:03 AM

Calm down, every gaming platform has it's draw backs:

Consoles: Lack of capabilities.

PC: Hackers. Everywhere.

BATISTABUS
03-21-2013, 07:05 AM
A problem I rarely have. I guess my immense navigational skills are the reason why.
It's rare for me too, but it has brought up more problems than I have had before. I'd say it's worth it for the vaulting and sliding abilities, though.

Death_Aflame
03-21-2013, 07:06 AM
Previously, there used to be a (albeit not huge) challenge in wall-climbing tall structures. Now Connor autoclimbs everything. Just keep the button pressed and you're done. That's what many people don't liek about the new system.

+1. In previouse AC Games, I was like: Would I make this jump?

ACIII: I'll make every jump, hur dur.

pirate1802
03-21-2013, 07:06 AM
Calm down, every gaming platform has it's draw backs:

Consoles: Lack of capabilities.

PC: Hackers. Everywhere.

Was joking, thought it was obvious by the tone of my post. -_-

Yeah but who cares about PC, you guys always get shafted. ;)

This injustice shall be avenged.

Death_Aflame
03-21-2013, 07:15 AM
Was joking, thought it was obvious by the tone of my post. -_-.

I know you were, I was only pointing it out..