PDA

View Full Version : Who do you want to show up in The Redemption? (small Betrayal spoilers)

LoyalACFan
03-20-2013, 10:03 PM
The Betrayal surprised us with Kanen'to:kon, Sam Adams, and Big Dave, so it seems logical that other familiar faces will appear in the final chapter. Achilles and Haytham are obvious picks. Anyone else you hope to see, be they historical or AC3 characters?

WalSwJan
03-20-2013, 10:07 PM
I hope that we will get Charles Lee as an ally. If not it would be a missed opportunity :D

Assassin_M
03-20-2013, 10:08 PM
Lee and Connor teaming up..

BATISTABUS
03-20-2013, 10:09 PM
Mostly Achilles, but considering this takes place a few years after the end of AC3, I don't expect that we'll see him. I also expect Haytham is truly dead, but I would like some information about his death.

Adams mentioned Jefferson (I think it's safe to assume he means Thomas Jefferson), so I'd really like to see him make an appearance.

Lee! And the rest of Haytham's group. Good guys, of course ;)

It might be funny to see Paul Revere in some badass, sinister role.

ACfan443
03-20-2013, 10:13 PM
Achilles and Charles lee.
I'd also like to see him as an ally.

LoyalACFan
03-20-2013, 10:14 PM
Mostly Achilles, but considering this takes place a few years after the end of AC3, I don't expect that we'll see him. I also expect Haytham is truly dead, but I would like some information about his death.

Adams mentioned Jefferson (I think it's safe to assume he means Thomas Jefferson), so I'd really like to see him make an appearance.

Lee! And the rest of Haytham's group. Good guys, of course ;)

It might be funny to see Paul Revere in some badass, sinister role.

Achilles being dead in the real timeline has no bearing on whether he's dead or not in the alternate one. Ziio and Kanen'to:kon? :rolleyes:

And yeah, after Revere was shown as such a dweeb in AC3, he'd be funny as a criminal mastermind :p

BATISTABUS
03-20-2013, 10:19 PM
Achilles being dead in the real timeline has no bearing on whether he's dead or not in the alternate one. Ziio and Kanen'to:kon? :rolleyes:

And yeah, after Revere was shown as such a dweeb in AC3, he'd be funny as a criminal mastermind :p
The difference with Achilles is that he seems to have died of old age complications.

And I'm glad you think so too! haha

LoyalACFan
03-20-2013, 10:21 PM
The difference with Achilles is that he seems to have died of old age complications.

Eh, well, the Clan Mother looks like she's 120 in TOKW, so I'm not ruling anything out just yet :p

ArabianFrost
03-20-2013, 10:25 PM
Due to Georgie's actions, the Templars see the fault in their belief before their eyes, they understand that control over people is not by any means a valid option, consequently, they join the Assassin order under the leadership of Achilles. Lee, Achilles (, Haytham?)and Connor all fighting for the order against Georgie. I'm probably over-imaginative with my guesses, but it may hold some truth.

VitaminsXYZ
03-20-2013, 10:25 PM
This would be around the time period where Achilles dies of old age. I'd love to see him return (and Haytham as well), but I'm not counting on it...
But Connor somehow teaming up with Lee would be amazing. And that goes for the rest of the Templars as well.

There should also be a plot twist where we find out that Paul Revere was behind everything this whole time.

HeedfulMass4856
03-20-2013, 10:30 PM
1. Haytham - he was a bossly, suave, badass; plain and simple. I don't care if Washington has his ugly *** scepter. He couldn't have killed Haytham. Either Haytham is alive, or his death was as pitiful as his father's.
2. Achilles - he was horribly underused in ACIII, and he was just a flat out badass (the man was a dangerous foe in Fanorona; anyone will agree). But I doubt we'll see him, for the same reasons stated by BATISTABUS.
3. Lee - for all of the reasons stated by everyone else.

If this thread said "WHAT would I like to see...", I would really like to see a sequence where we finally get to wield the Apple as Connor. I believe every Assassin/Templar (in Haytham's case) should/should've had a sequence where they wielded the Apple.

This would be around the time period where Achilles dies of old age. I'd love to see him return (and Haytham as well), but I'm not counting on it...
But Connor somehow teaming up with Lee would be amazing. And that goes for the rest of the Templars as well.

There should also be a plot twist where we find out that Paul Revere was behind everything this whole time.
I agree; Revere was a nagging *****, and he fought like one too.

BATISTABUS
03-20-2013, 10:35 PM
Okay this idea is a little crazy, but hear me out...

The tea is supposed to be incredibly dangerous, but it would be somewhat anti-climactic it it just killed you on the spot. What if Haytham drank the tea, but instead of just dying, he became a mutated beast? That way he might still be in it, but could be considered dead to Ziio. Washington could have him locked up somewhere, and unleash him onto Connor or the rebels. Perhaps he could have also retained some of his humanity.

Eh...that sounded less stupid in my head. :confused:

Assassin_M
03-20-2013, 10:37 PM

The tea is supposed to be incredibly dangerous, but it would be somewhat anti-climactic it it just killed you on the spot. What if Haytham drank the tea, but instead of just dying, he became a mutated beast? That way he might still be in it, but could be considered dead to Ziio. Washington could have him locked up somewhere, and unleash him onto Connor or the rebels. Perhaps he could have also retained some of his humanity.

I kinda like Haytham being dead now :|

HeedfulMass4856
03-20-2013, 10:40 PM

This would make a fanboy want Haytham dead...

BATISTABUS
03-20-2013, 10:45 PM
I kinda like Haytham being dead now :|

http://i208.photobucket.com/albums/bb218/justinbatista12/Tank_2copy_zpsed1e5d3f.png

IS THIS WHAT YOU GUYS WANTED? LOOK WHAT ALL OF YOUR TUMBLR SHIPPING HAS DONE!

xboxauditore
03-20-2013, 10:50 PM
http://i208.photobucket.com/albums/bb218/justinbatista12/Tank_2copy_zpsed1e5d3f.png

IS THIS WHAT YOU GUYS WANTED? LOOK WHAT ALL OF YOUR TUMBLR SHIPPING HAS DONE!

SWEET MOTHER OF SATAN! Kill it! Kill it with fire!

I-Like-Pie45
03-20-2013, 11:00 PM
In no specific order:

Haytham, zombified or alive.
Edward, zombified or alive.
Achilles, zombified or alive.
Haytham's Koo-Koo Templar Krew, most alive but some zombified
Ezio as an evil Washington bodyguard. A bit of payback time for Connor. :)
Desmond, as a magical reality transcending ghost
The Assassin Turkey
The Hook and the Blade

ArabianFrost
03-20-2013, 11:02 PM

I still can't fathom how tea can change you to a little birdie, nevertheless, some mindless beast.

UrDeviant1
03-20-2013, 11:03 PM
I don't really care at this point.

InfectedNation
03-20-2013, 11:04 PM
CHARLES ******* LEE!!!!

Seriously if he's not our greatest ally in the Redemption I think I'll cry my eyes out

And Paul Revere as a bad guy? HAHAHAHAaa that would be brilliant!

ArabianFrost
03-20-2013, 11:04 PM
In no specific order:

Haytham, zombified or alive.
Edward, zombified or alive.
Achilles, zombified or alive.
Haytham's Koo-Koo Templar Krew, most alive but some zombified
Ezio as an evil Washington bodyguard. A bit of payback time for Connor. :)
Desmond, as a magical reality transcending ghost
The Assassin Turkey
The Hook and the Blade

I think Connor is going to need like a gallon of that LSD tea to conjure all that crap.

Rugterwyper32
03-20-2013, 11:08 PM
Haytham, LaFayette, Stephane, Charles Lee, Ellen, the assassin turkey.

InfectedNation
03-20-2013, 11:10 PM
LaFayette, Ellen

Oooh yes definitely. Ellen was pretty hot for a video game character.

Jexx21
03-20-2013, 11:21 PM
Okay, given that this is probably all a simulation done by the apple, I'm expecting to see Minerva, Juno, or even Jupiter.

montagemik
03-20-2013, 11:29 PM
I'm fairly convinced Haytham is dead in the alt reality ( or wouldn't he have kept his blades for himself ? )

Lee & Connor as Allies ........quite likely i'd say , Lee taking a bullet or hit from Washington to save Connor .
But i think i nice twist would be if your 'old' Assassin recruits - were now mercenaries working for Washington.
So at least for the 3rd chapter we'd have a decent amount of assassination targets to go for before George.

BATISTABUS
03-20-2013, 11:30 PM
Ooh...it might be cool if Aveline showed up.

tinrisky
03-20-2013, 11:30 PM
Ezio and Altair through the Apple

Locopells
03-20-2013, 11:32 PM
I still can't fathom how tea can change you to a little birdie, nevertheless, some mindless beast.

Well given that the Great Willow doesn't exist in the normal timeline Frontier, I'm assuming it has something to do with the Apple, which is why it can do what it does.

BATISTABUS
03-20-2013, 11:35 PM
Well given that the Great Willow doesn't exist in the normal timeline Frontier, I'm assuming it has something to do with the Apple, which is why it can do what it does.
Right. When they say this is cannon, that doesn't mean that the Great Willow can actually grant people powers in the normal AC timeline. There going to explain it all later.

feclmunday
03-20-2013, 11:51 PM
If this thread said "WHAT would I like to see...", I would really like to see a sequence where we finally get to wield the Apple as Connor. I believe every Assassin/Templar (in Haytham's case) should/should've had a sequence where they wielded the Apple.

I still say that the whole of Tyranny is Connor wielding the apple. After using your magical "animal" abilities drains your health just like using the apple did to Ezzio.

Josegtx13
03-20-2013, 11:54 PM
I hope that the new character(s) that return have their original voice, so far is disappointing that each secondary character has a new voice.

With that said I hope to see Achilles, Haytham, Charles and the rest of the Templars as allies for Connor, and I would like to see the Assassin recruits return as either allies or enemies.

guardian_titan
03-21-2013, 12:02 AM
Certainly will be interesting to see who ends up seen in New York. Personally, I'd like:
1.) Charles Lee and the rest of the Templars - be rather ironic for Connor to have to fight WITH them rather than against to defeat Washington
2.) Haytham - if he's dead, maybe he shows up as a spirit guide to Connor when he gets his final power. If he's alive, he could help Connor get to Washington. Either way, perhaps he keeps Connor from losing his mind to the tea in the end and gets him to go back to his reality rather than staying in that altered one. Do recall an article or something stating Connor would have to choose if he wants to stay or return. What makes him go back?
3.) Ellen - she's "recruited" in New York so chances are she'd be there. Begs the question why Connor would go to a tailor, though. He buys a disguise rather than steals one for once?
4.) Dobby Carter - she's also recruited in New York so makes sense for her to be resisting Washington
5.) Paul Revere - guy appeared a few times in AC3 so would be a surprise to not see him in TOKW. Connor appeared to not be too fond of him so would be funny if one of the lieutenants under Washington was Revere. Connor kills him and makes a remark that he's been waiting to do that for years while making a comment about bad directions. :D

Also on Haytham, maybe rather than Ziio dying when Connor was a child, Haytham died. A tick for a tack in a way. Ziio didn't die then so someone else had to die in her place. Or Achilles died in her place instead. That is if the attack on Connor's village had still occurred. At the very least, there should be some explanation as to how Haytham died (if he is indeed dead and Ziio wasn't just lying). I'd settle for a cop out line from Washington saying he killed Haytham like he killed Ziio. :p But if Charles is in episode 3, possibly he explains Haytham's death.

Not so much a want but would be interesting if Aveline shows up in New York as well. Connor's in Liberation but not once does Aveline appear in AC3.

Additionally, as a little twist and to maybe help close Connor's story a bit, maybe he should run into his future wife while running around New York trying to take on Washington. Then when he goes back to his reality, he decides to go look for her. That'd certainly clear up the question of who he married. We know who Altair married. We know who Ezio married. Connor is unknown (as is Aveline). The romance doesn't have to be a big part of the episode. The DLCs are too short for that anyway. Maybe Connor saves her from some blue coats, has a love at first sight moment but can't talk to her because more blue coats are coming so he fights them off allowing her to escape, then when he's back in his reality, he decides to go find her since he has nothing better to do besides sit around at Davenport or take the Aquila out. The event could be something as simple as the save the citizen from the blue coats one in Betrayal but with the addition of a cut scene with Connor seeing her being attacked or her running away which would hint at her being a bit more important than other random citizens. No dialogue really needed. Maybe I'm overthinking this, but I suppose I'm disappointed that Connor seems to be toast after Redemption comes out. :( I'm excited for the next episode to come out, but that only reminds me that AC3 and Connor are done when it does. I'm looking forward to Edward, but personally, I hate loose ends. Connor has too many for this to really be the end of his story. Even Haytham still has some loose ends. Forsaken skipped over a large chunk of years as did the game.

Locopells
03-21-2013, 12:10 AM
I still say that the whole of Tyranny is Connor wielding the apple. After using your magical "animal" abilities drains your health just like using the apple did to Ezzio.

Which brings us back to my theory about the Apple and the Willow.

I means sure it doesn't make sense that it would randomly create a tree, but them this whole reality is more complex then the timeline splitting after the War. We do have a conflict between the fact that Connor is clearly fresh out of the end of ACIII, but that events pre-dating this have/n't happened.

BTW, g_t, I agree with you last about seeing the love interest. However, I'm still not ruling out Connor having a minor framing story to ACIV:BF, at this time.

ArabianFrost
03-21-2013, 12:15 AM

So just because the apple created an alternate universe, we are led to assume that it created these whole willow tree power things too? This shouldn't be fully proven to be the conducive to the creation of the tree and the powers considering that the alternate universe doesn't have to be littered with supernatural powers and what not.

Locopells
03-21-2013, 12:26 AM
See my above.

ArabianFrost
03-21-2013, 12:32 AM
Which brings us back to my theory about the Apple and the Willow.

I means sure it doesn't make sense that it would randomly create a tree, but them this whole reality is more complex then the timeline splitting after the War. We do have a conflict between the fact that Connor is clearly fresh out of the end of ACIII, but that events pre-dating this have/n't happened.

BTW, g_t, I agree with you last about seeing the love interest. However, I'm still not ruling out Connor having a minor framing story to ACIV:BF, at this time.

There's a small, yet plausible suggestion that Edward comes into contact with a piece of Eden which will foretell the arrival of a brave warrior who will discover a mysterious Artifact that can be used to restore order and balance to this universe, then BAM, the game shifts to a more mature Connor in the French Revolution for the next AC.

Abeonis
03-21-2013, 01:19 AM
So just because the apple created an alternate universe, we are led to assume that it created these whole willow tree power things too? This shouldn't be fully proven to be the conducive to the creation of the tree and the powers considering that the alternate universe doesn't have to be littered with supernatural powers and what not.

It seems likely that the Powers are physical manifestations of Raton's skills as an Assassin, and that because this dream is a construct of the Apple, so too are the Powers.

Back to the OPs topic however, I would like to see both Achilles and Haytham in the game, perhaps as prisoners in Washington's half-pyramid.

jamgamerforever
03-21-2013, 07:13 AM
"The Betrayal" suggests that Achilles was killed:

Bluecoat 1: Look at this rubbish we brought back. Useless!
Bluecoat 2: It's spoils of war now!
Bluecoat 1: The owner put up a hell of a fight.
Bluecoat 2: Old black geezer with the cane?
Bluecoat 1: That's the fella!

That dialogue triggers between the two bluecoats in the room where you get your equipment back.

On the Willow tree - the Grand Temple entrance is missing in this timeline, so perhaps this tree was created instead? Or the Grand Temple is actually underneath the tree?

In terms of the real timeline, I think it's clear that this is a shared vision between Connor and Washington, and that alternate!Connor will redeem alternate!Washington and thus the real Washington will relinquish the Apple.

Assassin_M
03-21-2013, 07:21 AM
"The Betrayal" suggests that Achilles was killed:

Bluecoat 1: Look at this rubbish we brought back. Useless!
Bluecoat 2: It's spoils of war now!
Bluecoat 1: The owner put up a hell of a fight.
Bluecoat 2: Old black geezer with the cane?
Bluecoat 1: That's the fella!

I never heard that :O

but....damm...now I`m sad...old black geezer ? sons of *****es

pacmanate
03-21-2013, 11:55 AM
Achilles will be back. That conversation doesn't even suggest that he was killed, just that they got his stuff. They got Connors gear but he wasn't killed. I think Achilles was just put into a different cell block.

ZeldaEmblem
03-21-2013, 01:55 PM
Here's a screenshot of The Redemption with Connor and Thomas Jefferson (or so they said) :

http://images1.wikia.nocookie.net/assassinscreed/images/4/4d/ToKW_Promo_23.jpg

I-Like-Pie45
03-21-2013, 02:22 PM
"Jefferson" looks kinda weird, with that expression on his face.

But if that really is him, teaming up alongside Ratonhnhake:ton and redcoats...

BEST PRESIDENT EVER!

Kaschra
03-21-2013, 02:36 PM
Haytham of course, but I don't think it will happen.
Second choice is Charles Lee, who teams up with Connor. This would be hilarious xD

Locopells
03-21-2013, 02:46 PM
Here's a screenshot of The Redemption with Connor and Thomas Jefferson (or so they said) :

Dunno why, but there's something about Washington's pyramid 'Palace' that creeps me out...

AdrianJacek
03-21-2013, 03:05 PM
Dunno why, but there's something about Washington's pyramid 'Palace' that creeps me out...

Well, maybe because it's a BIG-*** F*CKING PYRAMID IN THE MIDDLE OF NEW YORK. :P

LoyalACFan
03-21-2013, 05:29 PM
Achilles will be back. That conversation doesn't even suggest that he was killed, just that they got his stuff. They got Connors gear but he wasn't killed. I think Achilles was just put into a different cell block.

This. I think we'll probably rescue him or something in the Redemption...

Locopells
03-21-2013, 08:23 PM
Well, maybe because it's a BIG-*** F*CKING PYRAMID IN THE MIDDLE OF NEW YORK. :P

OK, OK! Seriously though, you right, I think that's it - it's just...wrong.

dewgel
03-21-2013, 09:58 PM
I'd like to know what point in the timeline got messed up.

I mean, it's got to have at least changed in around 1760ish hasn't it? Before Connor's village burnt down, but after Haytham arrived in America (1753/1754)

I also want to know how Washington finding the Apple in 1778 when he approaches Connor has anything to do with creating an alternate timeline.

Lass4r
03-21-2013, 10:19 PM
OK, OK! Seriously though, you right, I think that's it - it's just...wrong.
No **** sherlock xD
That aside, I loved how Washington built a freaking pyramid right there :D He's basically saying: I can do whatever I want suckers!
Awesome cliffhanger for part 2.

FirestarLuva
03-22-2013, 02:37 AM
Small recording from the final episode: :P
Just scroll to the bottom of the page.

http://kosappi.tumblr.com/page/2