PDA

View Full Version : New Features in AC4 Discussion

projectpat06
03-20-2013, 08:30 AM
Well, I'm making my way back onto the forum and didn't find a discussion solely on new features people want to see in AC4. Please merge this if needed. We know of the new setting and some of the advancements like the seamless transitions from sea to land, but what are some of the things everyone wants to see to make this a fresh AC game that separates it from the rest? I'm hoping it doesn't turn out to be another brotherhood where only one or two new features are added to what seemed like a large piece of DLC. I know myself as well as many others had a huge list of things we thought could have made AC3 more immersive that can be added in AC4.

As of right now I want:

- Random Events....going on all the time that keeps the world alive and fresh. We all know Red Dead's formula would have worked great in AC3 and it'll still work great in AC4. And not just random ship battles or couriers. I'm taking about random battles in towns or on islands between pirates and privateers, citizens to save but at an infinite amount, preventing executions, an infinite amount of bounties or assassination targets to gain rewards from, infinite amount of stalking missions, random hunting missions or collecting missions that's not given as some mission marker.

-Awesome quests for costumes (not just from collectibles like the feathers)

-the ability to talk to people other than shop owners. you almost feel separated from the world when you can't start up a convo with anyone. Yes I know he is an assassin and he's keeping a low profile in crowds and such but the small random convos Connor had on the homestead without going into cutscenes were a nice touch. Also the liveliness and randomness of things going on in the homestead need to be expanded upon in AC4.

-more stealth options and use of distractions....
-AC3 started to improve this aspect with new abilities to hide and blend in. Adding the ability to crouch would be nice.
-I love the stealth features in Far Cry 3 being that they were simple yet effective and impressive. The guys from FC3 who are working on AC4 should carry over the feature of catching things on fire and really letting burn while the fire spreads. Using fire or explosives like in far cry as a means of distraction anytime we want would be awesome. For example, loading a ship in the harbor with explosives and blowing it up to alert guards or pirates away from the destination you need to get to. Or setting fire to the jungle, a building, or boat to distract guards.
-the ability to drag bodies to a hiding spot instead of just throwing them over you shoulder lie a rag doll would be a nice touch.

-A HOOD TOGGLE (YES THAT'S RIGHT, I SAID A HOOD TOGGLE).....please add this. We saw the animation for it in AC3. We know you can do it. Very simple. press select to pull up the map. Hit R3 or L3 to toggle that baby on or off. when you press select again to go back to the game, Edward will initiate the animation if not in the middle of an action. If in the middle of fighting, climbing, screwing, etc, he will perform the animation when he is no longer dynamic.

-more than 4 options for quick select. Ubisoft, you took note of Akham City's combat now please take note of their quick select menu on the D-pad. You can have options in diagonal slots by pressing two D-pad buttons at the same time or press the one dpad button twice to quickly pull up a different weapon (ex. right on the dpad pulls up your hidden blades. right right pulls up you pistol)

please add to the list and discuss what you think would and wouldn't make this game awesome

Thank you

ZeSpecter
03-20-2013, 12:14 PM
- Random Events....going on all the time that keeps the world alive and fresh. We all know Red Dead's formula would have worked great in AC3 and it'll still work great in AC4. And not just random ship battles or couriers. I'm taking about random battles in towns or on islands between pirates and privateers, citizens to save but at an infinite amount, preventing executions, an infinite amount of bounties or assassination targets to gain rewards from, infinite amount of stalking missions, random hunting missions or collecting missions that's not given as some mission marker.

-more stealth options and use of distractions....
-AC3 started to improve this aspect with new abilities to hide and blend in. Adding the ability to crouch would be nice.
-I love the stealth features in Far Cry 3 being that they were simple yet effective and impressive. The guys from FC3 who are working on AC4 should carry over the feature of catching things on fire and really letting burn while the fire spreads. Using fire or explosives like in far cry as a means of distraction anytime we want would be awesome. For example, loading a ship in the harbor with explosives and blowing it up to alert guards or pirates away from the destination you need to get to. Or setting fire to the jungle, a building, or boat to distract guards.
-the ability to drag bodies to a hiding spot instead of just throwing them over you shoulder lie a rag doll would be a nice touch.

-A HOOD TOGGLE (YES THAT'S RIGHT, I SAID A HOOD TOGGLE).....please add this. We saw the animation for it in AC3. We know you can do it. Very simple. press select to pull up the map. Hit R3 or L3 to toggle that baby on or off. when you press select again to go back to the game, Edward will initiate the animation if not in the middle of an action. If in the middle of fighting, climbing, screwing, etc, he will perform the animation when he is no longer dynamic.

I definitely agree with these points.

The random encounters is what I want the most though. Red Dead Redemption was awesome and it's one of the best games I've ever played. You never really get bored of it either, even now I sometimes play it. Random encounters really changes the whole game for the better,

I would like to see quests for costumes too, although it's not that important in my opinion.

More us of distractions would be really cool. Although I'm not sure how much it would be used. I really would like to see crouching though. I haven't played Far Cry 3 but from what I've heard it was a great game. Wouldn't mind adding in some elements from that into AC.

Yeah, a toggle hoodie button would be very good. It definitely wouldn't be too hard to add it in either.

silvermercy
03-20-2013, 12:30 PM
I'd love a hoodie button!
I haven't played Far Cry 3 yet but I'd also like to see quick weapon selection as in the new Tomb Raider. It was so easy and a pure joy changing your weapons upgrades.

Sushiglutton
03-20-2013, 01:24 PM
The thing I want more than anything is proper missions, centered around a simple objective, that let us as freely as possible use the tools at our disposal to achieve it. This means not having three checkpoints to climb a mast, not forcing the player to use a horse, not use random full-synch contstraints like don't shove, not have trivial mini-mechanics in every mission, have as few walk/cutscene/walk/cutscene missions as possible.

I wouldn't mind random events at all. But the last thing AC needs, imo, is more mediocre content. If random events means carrying boxes from point A to point B then I'm not interested. Given how atrocious the main/side missions were in AC3 I think AC4 should concetrate on getting that aspect of the game right before doing anything else. If they can build robust main/side missions, based on the core mechanics that encourage creativity, then by all means add random events as well.

But rather than random events I would like hand crafted, replayable, side-missions. These can either be of the organic type that you just find in the open world (like the forts, or a large warship), or more traditional type missions with a little backstory and unique characters (like the assassination contracts in earlier AC). Primarily these side missions should be built around the core mechanics (parkour, stealth, melee combat and naval) as they are the ones developed enough to be fun, interesting, creative and strategic. Sure there can be a pig-herding missions every now and then, but when these auxiliary mechaincs are in almost every mission the game has a huge problem imo.

As for Hood and Quick-select I think Action/Adventure games should strive to avoid menus as much as possible. What makes gaming unique is the real-time interaction and immersion. Every time you pause, or use a gamey device, such as a menu wheel, this immersion is broken. What AC needs to adopt is the quickfire philosophy from Arkham City. All gadgets should be a button tap away. The game should be smart enough to understand the players intention when using a certain tool in a certain situation (in Arkham City this, to my suprise, worked flawlessly).

Same goes for the Hood. If you have to select it from a menu it would kill the feature for me. It must be just a button tap away to be meaningful, so you can remove the Hood when walking into a bar, or put it on before you strike. Going through a menu in these instances would completely disrupt the flow and kill the mood.

WalSwJan
03-20-2013, 01:30 PM
Open ended missions and random events. That is all I'm asking for D:

projectpat06
03-20-2013, 01:45 PM
Same goes for the Hood. If you have to select it from a menu it would kill the feature for me. It must be just a button tap away to be meaningful, so you can remove the Hood when walking into a bar, or put it on before you strike. Going through a menu in these instances would completely disrupt the flow and kill the mood.

I agree in that I would rather want it not to be in a menu but if it's assigned to a button in real time while playing the game then that's one less button to be used for more important gameplay unless they can assign it to the quick-select options like in Arkham city. Maybe to make it quicker but not have it affect buttons for gameplay, put it in the weapon wheel menu or the quick assassination menu as a toggle button there.

Sushiglutton
03-20-2013, 01:49 PM
As for combat I think they are on the right track. I think they should keep building on the system they have. Add a couple of more nodes/states and branching from them, to make the system slightly deeper. Also avoid the long, canned animations that were in AC3. The player should feel in control at all times, please don't take that away just to show off. I think decreasing the number of weapons we can use would probably be smart to get a more manageable number of animations. Just as for other areas the combat in AC3 was wide and shallow. Making it narrower and deeper is the way to go imo. I wouldn't mind only having dual cutlasses as the main weapon in combat and then a selection of tools.

Parkour is ok for exploring, but doesn't work as a fun gameplay mechanic to build missions around (aka chase, and tombs). It needs more interactivity and precision to truly shine.

Stealth needs a lot of work. AI is unpredictable (after replaying the forts a lot I'm convinced the detection is broken. Sometimes when you stand behind a guard he just randomly spots you.) and the hive-mind is annoying. More ways to manipulate opponents would be welcome and so would a crouch option. But if they just built missions that took advantage of what they have the game would instantly become much better.

Naval is allready great and I think the ideas they have for improving it are sound (seamless transition form naval to regular gameplay, more enemy archetypes, more types of weapons etc).

Sushiglutton
03-20-2013, 01:55 PM
I agree in that I would rather want it not to be in a menu but if it's assigned to a button in real time while playing the game then that's one less button to be used for more important gameplay unless they can assign it to the quick-select options like in Arkham city. Maybe to make it quicker but not have it affect buttons for gameplay, put it in the weapon wheel menu or the quick assassination menu as a toggle button there.

AC3 had a very inefficient use of buttons. LT, LB and RB were all basically wasted. Those aree some of the best buttons as they when combined with the facebuttons open up a ton of possible actions. The way they use the d-pad is also not very clever. Problem is though that a lot of AC players are not very experienced, so a "smarter" control scheme could lead to a lot of problems. I still feel they could do a much better job of at least providing the option for quick-access. They could still have a menu for those who need it.

TheBearJew32
03-20-2013, 02:32 PM
I'd like to see R1+X = sprint/start climb again instead of only R1. With the amount of chasing in AC3, too many times i found myself starting climb when i should have been sprinting.
To elaborate, think of it as driving a car. let go of X when you want to slow down and make harder cuts and turns (and not climb anything), but R1 keeps you jogging

Also, in Watch Dogs the dude pulls his scarf over his face when he gets ready to take action...maybe we'll see something similar in AC4

Death_Aflame
03-20-2013, 03:18 PM
For the hood idea, you can easily make it by walking and pressing L3, as you can only activate Eagle Vision by standing still and pressing L3.

sajber00
03-20-2013, 03:30 PM
When you're discovered by one guard, don't make all guards in the world know it.

TheJewlius
03-20-2013, 04:18 PM
People keep on saying that the hood should be available as a cool feature that would make you feel more in control over your character and should be itīs own mechanism. Ubisoft, why not kill two birds with one stone and add the hood as a tool just like the hidden blade or a sword. With an improved weapon-selection (Iīll pitch an idéa for you about it down below) you could have the hood on the secondary weapon-button. But more importantly it should affect gameplay in a sort of high/low-profile way. This is an example on how this could work:

When you have your hood up you wonīt be detected by guards as fast and when you use the freerun button you will go into sneak mode unless you walk into a parcour-object like a wall. This means that you will crouch-run, automaticly go behind cover or hide if the area allows it and kills will be "silent" so that you can kill a person and yank him away to your position before stabbing him so that guards only will investigate and not instantly attack unless they see you with the body. This makes for a stealth-experience where you can pick off a guy, lure his allies into following you and lure them into a trap i.e. kill a guy and pull him into a narrow ally. Then climb the walls above so that you wonīt be seen by the investigating enemies. When they see the body you instantly jump down on them with double hidden blades and kill them without witnessess.

With the hood down the guards spot you easilier but you can free-run properly instead of crouching like in hood up-mode and you parquor more freely (longer jumps, faster climbing etc.). Also you donīt blend in as well and some civilians get out of your way or escape, just to give you that feeling of being a badass. Apart from that you could have some certain bonuses like displeased civilians coming to your aid in open battle or scared shopkeepers giving you money and goods as bribes. Also, civilians should come up to you with requests like "kill this mean guard" or "beat up this bully" which will yeild you rewards in form of money (and possibly some kind of reputation like in RDR)

As for the weapon select. Why not make it a button+joystick mechanic. It means that you hold down a button (I recommend R1 or similar) and your items pops up on screen (important! Keep the ingame screen up and just pause it. Otherwise you break the flow of battle). This also makes it possible to choose tools with both joysticks at once from the same menu making use of Edwards ambidextrious abilities (one joystick for each one of his hands).

Edit. After re-reading my post I realize the hood should probably be itīs own button. Why not make it one of the d-pad buttons seeing how quick-select would probably be unneccessary if the weapon-selection is done correct.

LoyalACFan
03-20-2013, 09:15 PM
For the hood idea, you can easily make it by walking and pressing L3, as you can only activate Eagle Vision by standing still and pressing L3.

Or just press R3. I don't think it does anything at the moment.

lonewarrior30
03-20-2013, 09:23 PM

I think R3 has something to do with the camera..

ACfan443
03-20-2013, 09:33 PM

Pressing it aligns the camera back to the default position. It's quite pointless, and I'm sure almost no one uses it. Before the hood toggle idea, I was thinking it should have been used for the horse whistle

BATISTABUS
03-20-2013, 09:48 PM
I'd like Treasure Maps that have a puzzle element to them.

I would like more systems that support stealth. This includes more advanced sound detection and more sneaking abilities.

Side-quests need to have strong story elements, not just go from point A to point B or save this group. Red Dead Redemption mastered this. You need to make the side-quests interesting enough to want to do them before you complete the main story. That is something AC has never had.

I want weapons and gear to have specific and unique purposes, instead of just serving as aesthetic differences that basically amount to the same thing. AC1 did this very well, but it was thrown completely out the window from AC2 onward. Combat is too easy anyway, and this makes money and upgrades completely obsolete. If currency is to be done properly, it should be entirely based on upgrading the Jackdaw.

The weapon/gear wheel should open up in real time instead of loading a new screen.

Civilians should be able to attack you if you cause a problem, especially in Nassau. I'd like more man-to-man challenges with random people on the streets, on the seas, or in bars. In other words, I want a lot of features that support the pirate lifestyle.

Make left-trigger a hard lock instead of a weird zoom.

I'd also like multiplayer naval battles or free-roam, but that's already confirmed to not be in.

LoyalACFan
03-20-2013, 09:58 PM
Make left-trigger a hard lock instead of a weird zoom.

No, just make it a proper Aim button like Uncharted or something. The Lock feature in previous games was useless.

BATISTABUS
03-20-2013, 10:02 PM
No, just make it a proper Aim button like Uncharted or something. The Lock feature in previous games was useless.
Whatever, just make it different than AC3. I want there to be a proper aim function too, but obviously not all weapons will/should have this ability. It wasn't useless in other games. It was good for air assassinations and keeping track of someone in a crowd.

LoyalACFan
03-20-2013, 10:11 PM
Whatever, just make it different than AC3. I want there to be a proper aim function too, but obviously not all weapons will/should have this ability. It wasn't useless in other games. It was good for air assassinations and keeping track of someone in a crowd.

It was only effective in previous games because if you didn't use it, Ezio would probably end up double-assassinating civilians instead of killing the guy you were after. In AC3, it's impossible to kill civilians unless you're literally trying to do it. This is one of the few simplifications they added to the game that I like.

emperior
03-20-2013, 11:54 PM
They should make a compromise about older ACs and AC3.
So, R1+X for free running. Triangle for Eagle Eye. L3 for Hood toggle. When you don't have the hood you gain more notoriety, just this.
R3 for crouching. Crouching makes guards less suspicious. Like in FC3.
Guards should react like in older AC. If a group of guards is chasing you other guards don't do the same, unless you aren't at the highest notoriety.
And please bring back older notoriety system. It was so much better.
I would also like to see a wardrobe when you put your clothes, so you can buy casual things to look like a civilian, a pirate or an assassin.
And assassin robes should be customizable. Would be awesome for me.
Quick weapons menu. I don't want to load a menu to change from Pistols to Rope darts. I want more fludity, like in older ACs.
A brotherhood system like in ACB and ACR.
A pirate crew system similar to brothehood's one.
More assassin robes.
Armor - with pros and cons - so heavy and light armors. Heavy gives you more health and durability, but less speed. Light gives you more speed and less durability.
More kill animations.
Old fist fights, grabbing enemies like in older games. Was much better and realistic, and didn't work with every enemy.
Not a silly red triangle above enemies head when they are attacking us. Fights were a joke in AC3, should be a little more challenging.

LoyalACFan
03-21-2013, 12:39 AM
R3 for crouching. Crouching makes guards less suspicious. Like in FC3..

This makes no sense. A guy who LOOKS like he's trying to sneak is obviously going to be pretty suspicious...

TheBearJew32
03-21-2013, 01:03 AM
This makes no sense. A guy who LOOKS like he's trying to sneak is obviously going to be pretty suspicious...

i suspect people are only forming this idea because the "automatic crouch" in AC3 was garbage, so an actual crouch button would make more sense based off of that.

LoyalACFan
03-21-2013, 01:08 AM
i suspect people are only forming this idea because the "automatic crouch" in AC3 was garbage, so an actual crouch button would make more sense based off of that.

Not really... If he's crouching in grass, at least he's somewhat visibly disguised (although the guard AI was laughably horrible when they came looking for you in it) but if he's just crouching at will in view of the guards, why the hell would that make them LESS suspicious?

projectpat06
03-21-2013, 01:15 AM
Not really... If he's crouching in grass, at least he's somewhat visibly disguised (although the guard AI was laughably horrible when they came looking for you in it) but if he's just crouching at will in view of the guards, why the hell would that make them LESS suspicious?

you have valid point. My reasoning for a crouch button was to hide behind obstacles or crouch on roof tops. They may not necessarily need to make crouching mandatory but rather allow edward to automatically crouch and hide behind small objects like boxes when you push against them.

BATISTABUS
03-21-2013, 01:20 AM
the "automatic crouch" in AC3 was garbage
I really liked it. I thought it was a step in the right direction.

TheBearJew32
03-21-2013, 02:35 AM
OK OK, i thought the automatic crouch was bad because it didn't always work. Yes it was a step in the right direction, but it was flawed. Sometimes i would move to the bushes or tall grass and Conner would still be just standing there and get spotted (yes that can also point towards the enemy's super power of super detection). In that instance, an actual crouch button would make sense. It sounds to me that you are implying that players will be crouching at will in plain sight. 1- it's the players choice how they want to play and 2- obviously the idea would be to crouch behind something to be out of sight...
Sorry to disagree

BATISTABUS
03-21-2013, 02:37 AM
OK OK, i thought the automatic crouch was bad because it didn't always work. Sometimes i would move to the bushes or tall grass and Conner would still be just standing there and get spotted (yes that can also point towards the enemy's super power of super detection). In that instance, an actual crouch button would make sense. It sounds to me that you are implying that players will be crouching at will in plain sight. 1- it's the players choice how they want to play haha and 2- obviously the idea would be to crouch behind something to be out of sight...
Connor was forced to stand up once the guards detection turned red. This was the games way of letting you know that they could see you and hiding there wouldn't do you any good.

TheBearJew32
03-21-2013, 02:45 AM
I know how the game works, and i know the notifications of being spotted or in high alert. I would have to "wiggle" Connor a bit for him to finally crouch. I guess i was just unfortunate that it happened to me, I assumed i wasn't the only one.

BATISTABUS
03-21-2013, 02:47 AM
I know how the game works, and i know the notifications of being spotted or in high alert. I would have to "wiggle" Connor a bit for him to finally crouch. I guess i was just unfortunate that it happened to me, I assumed i wasn't the only one.
Oh, I see. I guess that's a matter of the game being unpolished than the feature being dumb. There were a few times where I jumped onto a hay stack and didn't sink into it....

TheBearJew32
03-21-2013, 02:56 AM
Oh, I see. I guess that's a matter of the game being unpolished than the feature being dumb. There were a few times where I jumped onto a hay stack and didn't sink into it....
I didn't mean to imply the feature was dumb, i said it was a step in the right direction, but a crouch button would just seem like a better solution for stealth situations to me. Haha i bet that was a funny sight to see :eek:

THE_JOKE_KING33
03-21-2013, 04:06 AM

-the ability to talk to people other than shop owners. you almost feel separated from the world when you can't start up a convo with anyone. Yes I know he is an assassin and he's keeping a low profile in crowds and such but the small random convos Connor had on the homestead without going into cutscenes were a nice touch. Also the liveliness and randomness of things going on in the homestead need to be expanded upon in AC4.

The thing I want more than anything is proper missions, centered around a simple objective, that let us as freely as possible use the tools at our disposal to achieve it. This means not having three checkpoints to climb a mast, not forcing the player to use a horse, not use random full-synch constraints like don't shove, not have trivial mini-mechanics in every mission, have as few walk/cutscene/walk/cutscene missions as possible.

I'd like to see R1+X = sprint/start climb again instead of only R1. With the amount of chasing in AC3, too many times i found myself starting climb when i should have been sprinting.

I'd like Treasure Maps that have a puzzle element to them.

Side-quests need to have strong story elements, not just go from point A to point B or save this group. Red Dead Redemption mastered this. You need to make the side-quests interesting enough to want to do them before you complete the main story. That is something AC has never had.

Civilians should be able to attack you if you cause a problem, especially in Nassau. I'd like more man-to-man challenges with random people on the streets, on the seas, or in bars. In other words, I want a lot of features that support the pirate lifestyle.

^All of this, please.

emperior
03-21-2013, 10:51 AM

You're right.
They would be less suspicious when you are behind them and you can hide behind obstacles.

ZeSpecter
03-21-2013, 11:05 AM
The whole idea behind choosing whether you want to crouch or not is to hide behind cover and such. If someone decide to crouch in front of guards and expect not to be seen, they're idiots to be completely honest. Crouching could make for some funny scenarios though :P

ze_topazio
03-21-2013, 12:17 PM
Make the climbing and free running more interactive again, i like to play games, not seeing them playing by themselves.

MasterAssasin84
03-21-2013, 12:46 PM
I really love the idea of the no loading screens and sailing from location to location i am particuarly interested in the underwater stuff .

pirate1802
03-21-2013, 01:23 PM
Make the climbing and free running more interactive again, i like to play games, not seeing them playing by themselves.

So much this!

playassassins1
03-21-2013, 01:25 PM
Random Events.. That's all I'm asking for. They promised random events for ACR and AC III, and we didn't get them.

So I hope they do put random events in the game this time around. It would make AC IV much more varied, and not just from mission to mission. Because that's what I liked in RDR, you could get carried away very quickly, and it made the game a lot longer.

Sushiglutton
03-21-2013, 02:37 PM
(...) i like to play games, not seeing them playing by themselves.

This pretty much summarize my entire problem with AC3.

MasterAssasin84
03-21-2013, 04:06 PM
I loved the combat system in AC3 but looking at AC4 i am curious to see how they are going to better it ? i mean will Edward actualy be able to dual wield his pistols more fluently than Connor can ?

shogunko
03-21-2013, 06:07 PM
Some features:(some of these were taken from other people posting but i like to put it all in one place)

More enemy archetypes: it got very boring in ac3 because it was so easy to dispatch multiple enemies and there were only a couple ways for you to do that

More weapons: assassins creed games have been pretty boring because the weapons were limited and had the exact same animations as well

Random events: would be very very fun and add life to the game

Ability to kill civilians after storyline: assassins creed dies after the story and it doesn't have to add a mode or something where you can play it like gta

Multiple animations for weapons: certain weapons should have different animations especially the preorder bonus which is just the same exact thing

Your assassins more versatile: sure you can use them whenever but why not be able to walk around with them in public as a gang and destroy guards

gun customization: i'd like to be able to pick individual guns for each gun pouch on the new protagonist

Sword customization: i'd like to be able to pick different swords for each hand

Drinking: a fun activity where you get smashed with your crew and funny **** happens

Long barreled guns: i'd like to be able to carry one around everywhere i go, not just when i kill a guard, maybe even two

Boarding axe: i'd imagine this is in but i'd like to be able to throw it as well as use it as a melee weapon

Hand to hand combat improvement: the more different ways to kill an opponent without using weapons the better, i' d like more into this

Fist fighting: i'd like a focus on purely fist fighting, its pretty fun to do and ac3 had it as well.

Putting hood up and down

Weapon Detailing: being able to put an assassins creed logo on weapons would be a cool custom feature that you could pay for

More environmental kills or stuns: it was in ac3 but very rarely and not very touched up

Conversing with certain characters: i'd like this feature maybe talk **** to a drunk pirate and he tries to fight you in a bar

Bosses: enemies are too easy to kill and there is no really difficult opponents besides those one royal guard type guys in ac3 which you could kill with a smoke bomb

Pirate conflicts that are non templar based: While the templars are the main goal i'd like to get into scuffles with pirates

Darker storyline: pirates were ruthless i want that to be shown

More gore: I'd like to be able to see what a musket or pistol wound does to someones body

Treasure: we need it it's the golden age of piracy after all, treasure maps as well

Unique weapons: picked up from famous pirates or high level templars

High level trained navy forces: im thinking more of land or on ship based combat where they are trained and have good weapons and tactics.

Being able to set people up: sure killing is the main thing but what about setting someone up to be executed or arrested

Stealth: needed, we should get it

Being able to use the ship on people on land: shooting cannonballs to people on land would be a cool feature imo

Pirate order: from pirates of the carribean but i think it could work out with notorious pirates, maybe just alliances with certain ones because we all know pirates didn't get along with everyone

Loose objectives: i don't like being forced to go into a specific pattern unless it is something that absolutely requires it

More hidden weapons: im talking about like in ac3 the ship based missions, in acr the ruins to get the vlad the impaler sword

Long storyline: its needed unless the make serious improvements for side activities

Renovating damaged landmarks: it was a good feature in brotherhood and it took time to complete

Armor system: I'd be nice to customize a little bit because ac3 kind of lacked it, it might just be leather or something

More special outfits: assassins creed games usually have 4 or 5, why not 10?

Modern Combat: im talking if the game does deal with someone like desmond i enjoyed using the gun and the hidden blade.

Real time weapons wheel: i'd like to be able to switch on the go, not super important though

Assassination contracts: would be fun

Breaking into people's houses: could help you hide or get valuables, mostly big houses

Don't know if it was in any other assassins creed game but being able to use a button to sneak on the side of a wall like a fps game

Holding guards hostage: put a gun to there head or a hidden blade to there neck and take them with you, ability to throw them into crowd and run

Being able to put the gun in someones mouth: very cool kill

Aiming for certain body parts makes the person react differently: i want headshots, body shots, and shots a joints like the knees to be different and a different reaction.

Holding gunpowder: how sick would it be to hold around gun powder and whenever you want shoot it to make a big explosion

Bombs: in previous games a fun feature, especially stinkpots(filled with stuff like burning or rotting fish), hand grenades, and grenados

New firearms: i want the **** blunderbuss and the musketoon: like the musket but looks like the blunderbuss, multibarrel pistols, volleyguns: the three barrel gun in ac3, pocket pistols: very small gun but could be concealable incase you had to not have a bunch of visible weapons

Scabbards: used to house swords and could be used as a weapon too

Daggers and dirks: small bladed weapons for sure

Boarding hook:
http://images3.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20100717034233/piratespanic/images/c/cd/Weapons_grappling_hook.jpg

Scimitars: badass swords and could have different animations

Fishing: since he is on the boat all the time i'd like this to go along with whailing with different fish to catch and a full fishing system.

hoodrat94
03-21-2013, 06:15 PM
Absolutely no modern setting would be nice! Hehe
Just playing through history and maybe cut scenes in modern part .
Responsive combat as Arkham city
Return of renovating
Ambient music
Cool side missions
Assassination contracts
Armor system, maybe not technically but for the looks of it
Platforming puzzles like ac2 and bro-hood
No QuickTime animation please!
JASPER KYD AND PATRICE!

MasterAssasin84
03-21-2013, 06:55 PM
Responsive combat as Arkham city
Return of renovating
Ambient music
Cool side missions
Assassination contracts
Armor system, maybe not technically but for the looks of it
Platforming puzzles like ac2 and bro-hood
No QuickTime animation please!
JASPER KYD AND PATRICE!

I certainly would want to the Assassination contracts presented way back how AC2'S was deliverd, AC3 Assassination contracts was very bland and boring !

Combat System ? i happened to really like the combat system in AC3 so i am expecting ubi to step it up like dual pistol wielding more fluent

Jesper Kyd ? yes i would like to see him score the soundtrack but Lorne Balfe did a pretty amazing job of ACR

Side Missions yes but not to the extent like AC3 were side missions over shadowed the main story line.

Ambient music certainly yes.

Modern Setting is Nessecary.

But i am particuarly interested in the underwater stuff and the whaling ( hopefull there is no PETA on here lool ! ) being as i have heard that there are some members of the Far Cry 3 development team are involved.

Bastiaen
03-21-2013, 07:34 PM
Amen to OP

THE_JOKE_KING33
03-21-2013, 08:09 PM
More enemy archetypes: it got very boring in ac3 because it was so easy to dispatch multiple enemies and there were only a couple ways for you to do that

Gun customization: i'd like to be able to pick individual guns for each gun pouch on the new protagonist

Sword customization: i'd like to be able to pick different swords for each hand

Bosses: enemies are too easy to kill and there is no really difficult opponents besides those one royal guard type guys in ac3 which you could kill with a smoke bomb

Pirate conflicts that are non templar based: While the templars are the main goal i'd like to get into scuffles with pirates

Unique weapons: picked up from famous pirates or high level templars

Loose objectives: i don't like being forced to go into a specific pattern unless it is something that absolutely requires it

More hidden weapons: im talking about like in ac3 the ship based missions, in acr the ruins to get the vlad the impaler sword

Long storyline: its needed unless the make serious improvements for side activities

Armor system: I'd be nice to customize a little bit because ac3 kind of lacked it, it might just be leather or something

More special outfits: assassins creed games usually have 4 or 5, why not 10?

Assassination contracts: would be fun

Holding guards hostage: put a gun to there head or a hidden blade to there neck and take them with you, ability to throw them into crowd and run

Being able to put the gun in someones mouth: very cool kill

Aiming for certain body parts makes the person react differently: I want headshots, body shots, and shots a joints like the knees to be different and a different reaction.

Scabbards: used to house swords and could be used as a weapon too

Boarding hook:
http://images3.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20100717034233/piratespanic/images/c/cd/Weapons_grappling_hook.jpg

Scimitars: badass swords and could have different animations

^I agree with this.

playassassins1
03-21-2013, 08:11 PM
JASPER KYD AND PATRICE!

You can forget about Patrice, he won't be coming back anytime soon :p

LoyalACFan
03-21-2013, 09:02 PM
You can forget about Patrice, he won't be coming back anytime soon :p

He actually is back at Ubi now, from what I've heard. Not on AC (yet) but back at Ubi.

Shamgar823
03-22-2013, 06:10 AM
so many good thoughtful ideas in this thread.

If any of you are like me when it comes to games like this, i love customizing how my character looks. I was kinda dissapointed with the lack of variety of outfits in AC3. Im hoping we can maybe choose to wear a pirate hat or something. even though we have a hood too. maybe just wear the hat while on the ship? idk.

I thought equipping your purchased or unlocked items in AC3 was horrid! it took a while to figure out that to switch just my Assassin outfit color i needed to go to the General Store, but for everything else I had to fast travel out of the city i was in to equip my weapons/other outfits. It is very counter-productive.

Hopefully, everything you own and can equip will be inside your ship quarters. make inventory more intelligent than its predecessor.

DEFINITELY more combat related side quests during and after the main story.

and i know this is a new trend for developers, but I hate seeing the gamers short changed on a game just so they have to buy DLC content to make the game fun. I almost miss the old days when games were completely finished and what you bought was the finished product of a game. Mass effect 3 really irritates me that they had a bonus quest available to be bought and downloaded the day the game was released...really? If its all ready to go put it in the **** game, dont squeeze the pockets dry from your customers who expect a complete game.

So far, AC games have been pretty complete to me, but Id like to see more free DLC as a reason to buy the game

projectpat06
04-06-2013, 04:01 PM
I also hope we can customize our weapon and gun layout. I would like to be able to go into the captain's cabin and pick what guns to use by selecting whichever holster or put the same type of gun in every holster. I would like to be able to unequip swords, axes, etc. or possibly have the option dual wield a knife and sword instead of two swords.

Customization makes everything better

I also want a new hunting system but I feel with ocean animals like sharks, a QTE system similar to Far Cry 3's will be used

pirate1802
04-06-2013, 05:29 PM

Amen to that..