PDA

View Full Version : Patch notes - Today! From 4 to 6pm UKtime

Aza404
03-19-2013, 04:36 PM
UPDATE: The Maintenance with the new patch will be done today from 4 to 6 pm UK time!

UPDATE 2: Please find below some additional patch notes!
- On iPad: do not buy the same item in the shop twice. If you do, you will not receive the 2nd item.
- Due to the longer patching time, the swiss tournament will be extended until this Saturday.
- For one week, every Prison card burnt in the Infernal Pit will earn the player 6 000 gold!

Dear Champions,

Please find below the patch notes for the version that will be updated in the next few days (exact date to be confirmed).

New Features:

[Swiss Tournaments]
Grab your tickets and enter our new Swiss Tournament!
Battle 7 other players in 3 rounds of timed duels to claim one of the 2 Void Rising packs that go to 1st and 2nd place. Even if you don't win, you'll still be in the running for Emilio's lucky prize pack!

[5 tournament tickets to everyone]
We want you to test our new tournaments, so we give 5 tickets to everyone!

[Custom Swiss Tournaments – 1st iteration]
Want a friendly challenge? Then create your own Custom Swiss Tournament and invite your friends along! Make it private or public. Eventually more customizable options will be available.

Daily Tournaments are now called Jackpot and will rotate in a two days cycle with Swiss Tournaments.

Other changes and improvements:

- Prison : Now requires 5 Resources and 5 Destiny to play and is now a Unique card
- [Techno] Integration of Awesomium, a 3D mapping techno to display web pages as 3D object in the client: better performances for low-end PCs
- [iPad] Improvement of gestures and input management
- [iPad] Addition of new flurry events including uplay ID
- [PC] Artwork Zoom Display: Display only illustrations when zooming on a card by pressing middle/scroll mouse button

[B]We have also corrected those bugs:

- [fixed] Tree of Truth not removing some specific fortune’s effect
- [fixed] After playing Time Jump and you are in your second turn, pressing enter key would end your turn
- [fixed] Resource counter does not increase after using Time Jump
- [fixed] Drawing a card after playing Time Jump cost no resource
- [fixed] Help page not up-to-date with the event number, ability list and Sanctuary faction
- [fixed] Series Deckbuilder filter still active in the Infernal Pit
- [fixed] Wrong number of events in the Italian error message
- [fixed] Skip campaign cut-scene option is inverted
- [fixed] Opponent last used card appear over your Result screen
- [fixed] Mouse click are disabled in Deckbuilder and Infernal Pit if you’ve let in-game chat open
- [fixed] Wrong error message when you must update your iPad build
- [fixed] Difference between deck description in the Shop and the actual deck you receive for the three starter decks
- [fixed] Some cards not displayed at the same time as the others in the Deckbuilder
- [fixed] Christmas alternate art have no value in the Infernal Pit
- [fixed] Win streak was not updated on Daily Tournament leaderboard
- [fixed] No visual feedback on which creature cannot attack after playing Challenge Hall
- [fixed] Crash when you deploy a shadow image of Blackskull Goblin on a place where it have no adjacent creature
- [fixed] Creature card does not gray out when Avalanche is in play
- [fixed] Spell-stolen Cyclone does not give 1 damage
- [fixed] Event cards overlap on the Battleground
- [fixed] Reward screen appears too fast when you lose
- [fixed] Effect of Frozen Touch was removed when the source of the effect is killed
- [fixed] Deck is disappearing of the decks list if you put a comma in his name
- A game can now end in a draw
- Creature ability list now available on iPad (Help page)
- Many desynchronization issues
- Many fixes in the Shop and the Support page

Enjoy,
Aza and the DoC Team

RomanticMoment
03-19-2013, 05:10 PM
Let's deal with the elephant in the room. What will a tournament ticket cost?

shivason
03-19-2013, 05:21 PM
Hey Aza,

Last time Dragznarok mentioned he doesnt want to change prison to a unique card, but now why they make such oppsite decision ?

Aza404
03-19-2013, 05:48 PM
@RomanticMoment: wait and see!

@Shivason: it was still being discussed. at the time of the Chatroom takeover, that was the general idea, but they changed their minds since then.

viljums
03-19-2013, 05:53 PM
Event bug fix sounds dreamy.

Elementalist.
03-19-2013, 06:45 PM
So it is still possible for the opponent to kill you by playing two towers of oblivion in a turn and Kieran has not been nerfed :( Happy about swiss tourney and artwork zoom display.

cucu99
03-19-2013, 06:45 PM
Argh i don't need void packs... Can i take the prize of the pack if i win it? or i just need to avoid the new feature?

Elementalist.
03-19-2013, 07:00 PM
Just realized.. NO WOLF CAPTAIN FIX?! Priorities people! :)

Uraxor
03-19-2013, 07:36 PM
destroying Prison, which was the least of currently burning issues (that card is never gonna be played again), while ignoring Kieran, Siegfried, Wolf Captain? we continue on the Haven streak, think Matrix' tourney will prove it if people choose to go competitive decks...

destroying tourney ... WTF every other day we'll have to buy in the daily? For a lot of people daily is the one thing >we< were playing. So basically after the freebees run out you are forcing us to only play every other day?
No chat? No chance to obtain directed cards?

List of fixes is nice, but it's not something that is cheered for; you kinda want your product to be bug free either way, innit?

The worst patch so far. If the game only goes down from here I won't be surprised at all.

Seriously, taking daily away??? Whoever decided this couldna be sane....

/also ... you said one of your main goals is cross-platform availability .. and now the artwork-only zoom will only be avail for PC users? not even laptops?

after all the waiting
after Tower Issue forum...

>disappointed

WalkingHawking
03-19-2013, 07:58 PM
I don't like the daily tournament rotation...
Btw, i didn't expect such a heavy change hitting Prison and i don't care much about it being nerfed badly or even deleted, since it's a card that has gotten out of hand and would just keep giving you(the devs) problems with every new expansion, but you should consider starting to balance all the other major imbalances, such as Kieran passive/stats/magic schools, Wolf Captains, Siegfried passive...

Pulpeiro
03-19-2013, 08:13 PM
- [fixed] Event cards overlap on the Battleground

Can't be...

http://2.bp.blogspot.com/-ELpTXIEhQtc/Tz1KnpuPgLI/AAAAAAAAJLU/nzDhe5-8jQo/s1600/Yes+You+Can+Meme.jpg

real!

C4r-n4ge
03-19-2013, 08:36 PM
- A game can now end in a draw

I would like to know all the situations when game can end in a draw..?

I don't like the idea of Tournament rotation. I think that daily should stay daily and apart from it there should exist Swiss Tournaments. As there are tickets for Swiss Tournaments - not everyone will be able to play those Tournaments. I also don't like idea of giving the certain booster packs (Void Rising) to first 2 places. Gold or seals is much better idea - you can buy whatever you need or you can save it for the future expansion if you got all you need for now.

Bazaltovy
03-19-2013, 08:53 PM
Can't be...

http://2.bp.blogspot.com/-ELpTXIEhQtc/Tz1KnpuPgLI/AAAAAAAAJLU/nzDhe5-8jQo/s1600/Yes+You+Can+Meme.jpg

real!

Take my internets. You deserved them.

cucu99
03-19-2013, 09:07 PM
I don't like the idea of Tournament rotation. I think that daily should stay daily and apart from it there should exist Swiss Tournaments. As there are tickets for Swiss Tournaments - not everyone will be able to play those Tournaments. I also don't like idea of giving the certain booster packs (Void Rising) to first 2 places. Gold or seals is much better idea - you can buy whatever you need or you can save it for the future expansion if you got all you need for now.

I think the same. Anyway the game can be drawn with DA or Tower or Cosmic:)

r3tsa
03-19-2013, 09:30 PM
I would like to hear a clarification too, DA scenario wasn't always a draw.

RomanticMoment
03-19-2013, 09:57 PM
destroying Prison, which was the least of currently burning issues (that card is never gonna be played again), while ignoring Kieran, Siegfried, Wolf Captain? we continue on the Haven streak, think Matrix' tourney will prove it if people choose to go competitive decks...

destroying tourney ... WTF every other day we'll have to buy in the daily? For a lot of people daily is the one thing >we< were playing. So basically after the freebees run out you are forcing us to only play every other day?
No chat? No chance to obtain directed cards?

List of fixes is nice, but it's not something that is cheered for; you kinda want your product to be bug free either way, innit?

The worst patch so far. If the game only goes down from here I won't be surprised at all.

Seriously, taking daily away??? Whoever decided this couldna be sane....

/also ... you said one of your main goals is cross-platform availability .. and now the artwork-only zoom will only be avail for PC users? not even laptops?

after all the waiting
after Tower Issue forum...

>disappointed

It has been stated that major balance changes will occur with the release of new expansions. Concern for Kieran has also been stated. So, I don't think that there is a big gap between the community's balance views and the developer's. This prison nerf could be seen as a bonus, a better-than-nothing, not as a statement such as: "hey, this is all the balancing that needs to be done."

The reason for the daily/swiss rotation has also been stated, and it is to ensure short queues.

About having to buy into the tournaments: We know nothing of the costs, assuming that the developers indeed are sane, which they appear to me to be, the cost will probably be gold, thus giving players a way to translate gold into seals, which is the opposite of greedy.

To those few that complain about void booster prizes: Well, you are probably very few. Giving out VR boosters rather than actual seals is a way to not devalue future expansions.

DanielKurzempa
03-19-2013, 10:11 PM
destroying Prison

Until now I wonder why one of the most powerful cards from the beginning was not limited. After all, you can still play in normal decks because not every play OTK.

destroying tourney ... WTF every other day we'll have to buy in the daily? For a lot of people daily is the one thing >we< were playing.

This was known a month ago so why just today people are so outrageous that. This large number of people now stop enlarge his such a huge number of gold.

Shambell
03-19-2013, 11:17 PM

Well from the top of my head, there is:

-Double Kill with Tower
-Double draw with Celebration and no more drawing pile (and 1HP left for each player)
-Cosmic Realignment and less than 5 cards in drawing pile (and few HP left for each player)
-Fate Sealer drawing getting out of hand for the two player (each having at least one) at the same time (and few HP left for each player).

And for DA, it's not a draw... The -1 is an activation cost applied before the damages from the attack.
If I have 1 HP and I use my DA to kill you... I reach 0 before you and then loose.

kayaza2004
03-20-2013, 03:55 AM
I think prision is not the problem but still good to hear the fix. Swiss tourment is fine,too.

psychobabble.
03-20-2013, 06:08 AM
It has been stated that major balance changes will occur with the release of new expansions. Concern for Kieran has also been stated. So, I don't think that there is a big gap between the community's balance views and the developer's. This prison nerf could be seen as a bonus, a better-than-nothing, not as a statement such as: "hey, this is all the balancing that needs to be done."

The reason for the daily/swiss rotation has also been stated, and it is to ensure short queues.

About having to buy into the tournaments: We know nothing of the costs, assuming that the developers indeed are sane, which they appear to me to be, the cost will probably be gold, thus giving players a way to translate gold into seals, which is the opposite of greedy.

To those few that complain about void booster prizes: Well, you are probably very few. Giving out VR boosters rather than actual seals is a way to not devalue future expansions.

Very sensible post, agree with it all. The root cause of people complaining about the VR packs as prizes is that they want to hoard up gold/seals to freeroll the next expansion. Ubi has no interest in letting them do that. VR packs are the most valuable thing you can currently get in the game (apart from VR premium packs), and so are a good choice for the payout.

As long as it's gold not seals to buy tournament tickets, I'm looking forward to all of this patch. If it's seals, then it'll be a disaster, but I hope they're not that stupid.

hydramarine
03-20-2013, 09:20 AM
Why do I get the feeling they will be sold for seals? ( Probably because of those 5 freebie tickets )

Quarison
03-20-2013, 09:55 AM
Why do I get the feeling they will be sold for seals? ( Probably because of those 5 freebie tickets )

+1

Keabard
03-20-2013, 10:15 AM
We still know nothing about the ticket cost. Maybe you'll also be able to win them during Regular Tournaments ?

The easiest solution when you don't know anything is always to whine. Just wait and see..

Le.Rancord
03-20-2013, 10:30 AM
For all Balancing Discussers here:

- Prison is a problem. Its a very strong card, that makes unfun games and frustrates players. Its a card that will allways come back haunting the game.
- Kieran/Wolf Captain/Siegfried are things that are harder to propperly balance.
- With removal of Prison, u might try out spell control again, wich usually do good vs Kieran. So certain cards will still remain to strong, but you have more option to build decks then.
- In worst case with prison gone kieran is unstoppable for a certain amount of time. Thats still better than playing against Haven OTK, where you cannot do anyting for multiple turns in a row.

pauken999
03-20-2013, 10:49 AM
Mabay it isn't so bad as we think. Lets wait en see what is comming.

I hope the thickets will cost gold and no seals. :p

Frrfrr
03-20-2013, 12:21 PM
in my opinion the best patch ever made i experienced. good work!
cant wait to test the things :)

epicafricantoad
03-20-2013, 05:29 PM
This patch isnt that bad as it seems to some players.
Prison - it was a very strong card that needed to be balanced
Tournaments - Im into it. Free daily tournaments were a large source of gold for the top players. The new system will split the advantages of winning between all the players. Also, I didnt like the idea of entering the tournament for free. There was almost no difference between a normal duel and a tournament one and they could have been entered immediately after registering. This said, Im a total newbie to the game, not a high-elo veteran lol! Maybe tournaments will now become a type of game accessible for players interested in it or those that have reached a certain lvl.

cheers
mr Toad

Uraxor
03-20-2013, 05:47 PM
After reading through the comments here and somewhat calming down~

Card balancing: yeah guys, guess you're right. I'd just like to point out my Kieran has 10:1 win rat against Arianas and even better against Kat OTK .. which are the two best spell control decks, if I'm not mistaken?

Swiss; yeah, we'll need to wait and see. The issues that concern me and that I'm anxious to find out the answers to:
*Entering price: gold/seals/something else
*It's the opposite of daily: you have a set amount of games and clear result at the end (which is an improvement, compared to daily where you can spend the whole day without winning a thing!). But ... does that mean we'll be allowed to join multiple Tourneys/Day or not...?
*The number of contestants is limited. The very important question is ... how will they be chosen? 16 random players? 14 <800 GELO, 1* 1100 GELO and 1*1500 GELO player will be disastrous ... the other option is to match people by their GELO (since there won't be any telo, eh?): there's 15-20 (didn't check) >1500 GELO players ... will we only be allowed to play ALL of us together? (I'm now ignoring players nearing 1500 GELO to make the point.)

I'm not sure who started talking about VR prices, but I don't see a problem there.
And there's a plenty of players with 2K+ seals saved up already (some even 5K+ right, Nillicomes..?); I can't see Ubi's attempt to prevent hoarding in preparation for the next expansion working. The only way would be to assing in-game obtained Seals expiry date...
(It's fairly easy to make lvl/day: provided the expansion comes in 2 months, all the players have a good chance to open up with ~6k seals, if they wanted to, even if they only started hoarding now.)

Le.Rancord
03-20-2013, 05:51 PM

Card balancing: yeah guys, guess you're right. I'd just like to point out my Kieran has 10:1 win rat against Arianas and even better against Kat OTK .. which are the two best spell control decks, if I'm not mistaken?

I never heard you say that you do not win 90% of games. So its not the deck, obisouly you just a player that is able to beat 90% of the rest consistently.

r3tsa
03-20-2013, 05:54 PM
Yes and his ratio is around 69% xD

Now seriously Kieran is "Knight of Negation", do not expect any spell control to consistently beat it.

Uraxor
03-20-2013, 05:58 PM
I never heard you say that you do not win 90% of games. So its not the deck, obisouly you just a player that is able to beat 90% of the rest consistently.

Wish this still applied =_=''

But if you ask around, you'll find out I'm not the only one, who is (was) having such a gaming experience. (Ask MnM, for example. I can't recall other top players -MMDoC.net chat frequenters to be more precise-, who would be consistently playing Kieran to master him well enough.)

My point there (I guess) was, that Kieran is stronger than spell decks, if executed properly and that Prison actually was one of the main Kieran's problems. With that one removed the other problem is worse draw/going 1st in mirror, which is hardly an improvement/welcomed news.

SpaceElephant
03-20-2013, 10:12 PM
Sorry guys, little mistake : Prison will cost 5 Destiny points instead of 6 !
I made the correction in the patchnotes, that's my bad!

We are carefully reading your comments guys! Thanks for your enthusiasm and for the constructive discussions!

Psychobabble.au
03-20-2013, 11:05 PM
@Hydranmarine

I have a sinking feeling that you're right. they might be analogous to the gold/XP boosts, maybe even sold on the same tab of the store. If they do this, it'll be a disaster, I'm guessing very few people will give up their hard earned seals in exchange for a chance of VR packs and even if your deck is very good, it will only be a chance.

I simply think that people haven't been trying hard enough, particularly with ariana, due to the miserable OTK matchup. A correctly built Ariana should be fundamentally favoured against kieran, espeically the 3/6/0 version. Their entire deck dies to double insect swarm, none of their creatures match up against any of the necro 3+ creatures 1 for 1 and ariana's wincon's aren't weak to Kieran's passive, in fact they're almost impossible for the kieran deck to remove. The only rush/tempo decks that ariana is fundamentally weak against is those playing mana storm, but kieran can't do that. I agree with you that the standard 4/6/1 ariana doesn't do well against kieran, but I think there might be a 6/4/1 build (banshee is better than puppet master in the matchup because it can't be spell twistered for the 3 for 1) that can work. Earth's grasp strikes me as a pretty awesome card in the matchup too. It's also one where you want to play town portals and stone shield to stall.

I'm not saying kieran can't counter-tech - 4/4/0 is much less weak to insect swarm for eg - but that itself weakens kieran's other matchups. On the fundamentals, Ariana should be able to be bult to kill at least the current iteration of kieran, I really believe that OTKs are the reason why the good players haven't been trying.

Elementalist.
03-20-2013, 11:13 PM
I actually am glad to hear that prison will be returning to 5 fortune. It will still be a good card to play, just not be subject to abuse like before.

DanielKurzempa
03-20-2013, 11:47 PM
Let's face it none of the top players do not play Ariana or Stronghold OTK or Inferno Heroes.
At present count only Kieran, Kelthor, Ishuma, Nergal and of course Haven OTK.

Psychobabble.au
03-20-2013, 11:49 PM
Let's face it none of the top players do not play Ariana or Stronghold OTK or Inferno Heroes.
At present count only Kieran, Kelthor, Ishuma, Nergal and of course Haven OTK.

key words highlighted.

WalkingHawking
03-21-2013, 12:20 AM
Wise highlighting =)
Some players just don't seem to understand how many decks are out of the meta just because of Gaydalphon.
Kieran has taken out a good number of decks too, btw.

Psychobabble.au
03-21-2013, 12:35 AM
Kieran has taken out a good number of decks too, btw.

no question about that. But kieran is a fair deck. As I said in another thread - I'm surprised that there's so much angst about a deck that plays CREATURES and ATTACKS with them. It's not a particularly weird strategy, it's just that it does it very well. The things that you need to do to beat a kieran deck won't simply cause you to roll over and die to other decks. That's a fundamentally different proposition to a meta where a deck like prison is pretty strong. If you build a deck to stomp on prison, you're stuck with a bunch of useless cards for other matchups.

Also, I think people for some strange reason still misunderstand the kieran matchup. Far too often when I'm playing it, I see people play in an offensive way and try to outrace it. NEVER TRY TO OUTRACE KIERAN. IT IS ALWAYS THE BEATDOWN. That statement isn't literally true, but it is very close to being so. Most decks should attempt to trade cards in exchange for life in the early game vs Kieran. Make them have the trick, make them trade their pao for your blocking creature, make them use the mana on week of mercs instead of developing their board, make them town portal your guy early in the match instead of later when it's lethal. And for goodness sake, play around time jump. The number of times I've seen people deploy creatures in a way which might be stronger in a vacuum but which leaves them dead on board to a time jump when they could play aroudn it is extraordinary.

Anyway, I thought people would slowly wake up to things like this, but very often it seems they haven't. If Kieran gets even more popular then people will eventually learn and start playing better vs it.

WalkingHawking
03-21-2013, 12:41 AM
no question about that. But kieran is a fair deck. As I said in another thread - I'm surprised that there's so much angst about a deck that plays CREATURES and ATTACKS with them. It's not a particularly weird strategy, it's just that it does it very well. The things that you need to do to beat a kieran deck won't simply cause you to roll over and die to other decks. That's a fundamentally different proposition to a meta where a deck like prison is pretty strong. If you build a deck to stomp on prison, you're stuck with a bunch of useless cards for other matchups.

Also, I think people for some strange reason still misunderstand the kieran matchup. Far too often when I'm playing it, I see people play in an offensive way and try to outrace it. NEVER TRY TO OUTRACE KIERAN. IT IS ALWAYS THE BEATDOWN. That statement isn't literally true, but it is very close to being so. Most decks should attempt to trade cards in exchange for life in the early game vs Kieran. Make them have the trick, make them trade their pao for your blocking creature, make them use the mana on week of mercs instead of developing their board, make them town portal your guy early in the match instead of later when it's lethal. And for goodness sake, play around time jump. The number of times I've seen people deploy creatures in a way which might be stronger in a vacuum but which leaves them dead on board to a time jump when they could play aroudn it is extraordinary.

Anyway, I thought people would slowly wake up to things like this, but very often it seems they haven't. If Kieran gets even more popular then people will eventually learn and start playing better vs it.

While most of the things you said are true, it doesn't change the fact that some decks and heroes have no way to deal with so much early pressure, thus the insane amount of Kierans out there are literally taking them out of the meta.

Psychobabble.au
03-21-2013, 12:46 AM
a healthy meta isn't characterised by 'everything is playable'. There will always be something pushed out by the dominant strategy, that's a fact of life. As long as there isn't one single deck that is very clearly dominant, even in the face of anti-meta decks, then things are OK.

It's possible that that will be true of kieran post-patch, but what I'm saying is that I think the tools exist to anti-meta Kieran but that those tools have been themselves pushed out of the meta by OTK decks, which attack on such a different axis to kieran that it's not possible to build for both (pushing everything in the direction of rush fast or die), given that the game doesn't support sideboarding. I could be wrong.

Quarison
03-21-2013, 05:00 AM

the only problem is that you're playing keiran not against him. You should play inferno against him, and you can see there's nothing to wake up. A hero just can not or should not dominate an entire race imo.

MeiHabara
03-21-2013, 08:27 AM
psychobabble and all other Kieran fans, lean back for a second, forget your own Kieran decks or full decks in general and analyse the hero:

2/1/0 stats. 1dmg to every enemy creature attacking him as a passive - no costs attached. holy and primal magic schools.

Now compare that to other heros - can't you still see what a powerhouse he is? Some spell-heros would long for his passive+spellschool-combo, but start with 0/2/1. He is the perfect creatures+spells hero, so perfect that he overshadows all others trying to walk this path.

I don't consider him inherently broken, so waiting a few weeks longer for a nerf is OK. But he is far from balanced either.

psychobabble.
03-21-2013, 09:27 AM
I'm not a Kieran fan in particular, I'd much rather play a deck to beat it rather than play it (which I do, sometimes). Unfortunately the decks I build to beat Kieran scoop to otk so they're unplayable which frustrates me. Also I've opened 10+ vr boxes for one wolf justiciar so I can't play retaliation vs it. Cest la vie.

But I also don't care if he's stronger than some other heroes in a vacuum. In a tag some cards are better than others. This is a thing. As long as the tools exist to beat him in a deck that's also viable in the overall meta, I'll be happy.

Le.Rancord
03-21-2013, 09:28 AM
Kieran in combination with Light spells and tithe/WC/town Portal is surly to strong combination. If you dont wanna completly remake his passive, its not gonna be that easy balancing him.

ATM my hope is, that the decks that should be good against kieran (Ariana for example) can come back after OTK is damaged (we will see new otks anyway, but at what power level is the question) and compete with Kieran or not.

Someone asked in chat, if there is any player that made 1500 without haven, except IPWNfour's tower deck.

IBasharAnge
03-21-2013, 09:55 AM
WC requiring 3 Might may be enough. It'd also help balance the mirror (the player going first usually loses). But keep the cost at 2, I want to be able to use Mass Grave against it !

MamuzShah
03-21-2013, 11:51 AM
@Psychobabble :
For the moment, because the only way (*) inferno has to do damages to an hero is to use creatures, Kieran just kill the rush inferno archetype (**).
It's only one card ! In board from the beginning to the end of the game ! And it's not good for a card game to kill an entire archetype with only one card. That's all.

In fact, to precise my state of mind, Kieran has not to be nerf (Siegfried is really strong against my deck, too), because a hero like this can have a place in MMDOC (especially in Haven). But later... Not now, when he annihilates an entire archetype. It's just ONE card !

(*) : there's a lttle "shock" to hero, sure, but it's not enough.
(**) : In fact, i (ELO 1050) win my last game against Kieran (ELO 1250), but i start to play only because, i've a hand with 3 juggernauts, 1 Ravager and 1 fire ball (usually i don't like this kind of hand)... With a normal hand full of my 2 health cretaures, i've tried a lot, but i don't try anymore... What i can say is that a game when you give up, just because you see the first card of the opponent deck has a problem somewhere. I hope that strong direct burns to hero will appear soon. With Kieran in the game, some direct burns are needed, in my opinion.

WalkingHawking
03-21-2013, 12:07 PM
I still don't understand why you consider Ariana a natural anti-Kieran... Ariana has always had problems with rush decks, and Kieran is the biggest rusher this game has seen... i won't start analyzing why i consider it a very favorable matchup for Kieran, but imo Ariana will never be an option against Kieran until he gets fixed, he has every single tool he needs to rape the most common Ariana decks.

Shadowelf32
03-21-2013, 12:25 PM
Guys i think that some of u are overreacting. Wc is strong but perfectly balanced. Alone in the bfield sucks, same when u can kill the creatures around him (not hard since we are talking for tithes and other low health creatures). Also there are cards in every faction able to take care of him, not to mention that its strengh lies in cross formation, that fireball annihilates. Kieran 's ability though being a passive is too strong. Change it read 'the first creature tha deals dmg to kiern takes 1 dmg' or 0/1 'creatures deal dmg to kieran next turn take 1 dmg'. As for the argument that his ability annihilates inferno, the same can be told for insect swarm or other board sweepers. That happens when u play with low health creatures. Check zenithale's stream; he soundly beats some kierans with his inferno rush

Le.Rancord
03-21-2013, 12:32 PM
Guys i think that some of u are overreacting. Wc is strong but perfectly balanced. Alone in the bfield sucks, same when u can kill the creatures around him (not hard since we are talking for tithes and other low health creatures). Also there are cards in every faction able to take care of him, not to mention that its strengh lies in cross formation, that fireball annihilates. Kieran 's ability though being a passive is too strong. Change it read 'the first creature tha deals dmg to kiern takes 1 dmg' or 0/1 'creatures deal dmg to kieran next turn take 1 dmg'. As for the argument that his ability annihilates inferno, the same can be told for insect swarm or other board sweepers. That happens when u play with low health creatures. Check zenithale's stream; he soundly beats some kierans with his inferno rush

Perfectly balanced is a joke :) His effect on the meta + being only 2 drop with more than 5 hp is clearly a bit to effective.

Board sweepers compared to hero abillity, require u to draw the card and to up the requirements, while hero passive is allways active.

MamuzShah
03-21-2013, 01:19 PM

I agree with WC. It's a really strong creature (mostly because of the 5 health for 2), but it's acceptable in my opinion, too.
I agree with Kieran about his ability and i like the way you'd change it (*). But, he really annihilates (**) inferno rush archetype. His ability strike too strong against the opponent creatures without any ressources used (insect swarm is, for sure, annoying for rush arcehtype, but it needs ressources to be casted and strikes both players, i can see a big difference).

(* ) : Even if, with enlarged card pool, we can expect that his ability, like it is, will become less an less OP (it will stay powerful at least).
(**) : Ok, the word is maybe too strong, but what i want to say with that is that, with only one card against him, the archetype is slowed down too much.

Aza404
03-21-2013, 02:32 PM
Dear Champions,

The Maintenance with the new patch will be done today from 4 to 6 pm UK time!

Enjoy ;)
Aza

kayaza2004
03-21-2013, 04:17 PM
great wait for the patch

epicafricantoad
03-21-2013, 04:50 PM
datz cool

Quarison
03-21-2013, 06:44 PM

Really? Can you really compare insect swarm, earthquake, tsunami, or armageddon with that situation? Just come on. Stop and think about it. All these cards i typed are dealing damage to all enemy and friendly creatures. I will gladly accept a keiran that uses insect swarm. I got a sense that people are defending kieran about that situation are never played inferno against him.

You just cant see what's coming in some situations. Nothing goes to your thinking. You may say inferno has ... and ... and ..., how can a hero dominates a race? You just need to play 1-2 games to see.

Or, maybe the least played race is not that much of a concern.

Saccaromyces
03-21-2013, 07:31 PM
I am a multi deck user and also a Kleran user, i think mostly the problem is to balance some cards and spells. For example that one Word of light who causes 2 damage to all enemies should cost 5 instead of 4 in my opinion. The Kleran power comes from his magic schools that work extremely good together and that is where to fix something, i think both Sigfried and Kleran at same power level of abilities but Kleran possess 2 good schools of magic then become stronger.

Frozen-Drake
03-21-2013, 07:53 PM
i guess maintenance got extended since it started 3 hours ago...

Logan_Hand
03-21-2013, 07:58 PM
anyone else getting an error message about patch not in sync??

Deidy77
03-21-2013, 08:02 PM
PLEASE SOMEONE HELP ME !!! I try to log in and it says me "Game version is not up to date.Plese close the game and restart the launcher".I DID THAT A LOT OF TIMES AND NOTHING !!! HELP:(...

Elementalist.
03-21-2013, 08:02 PM
It started installing the patch when I started the launcher but I could not login. Then I restarted the launcher and saw Servers Maintencance on top, guess not ready yet.

trupiciel
03-21-2013, 08:06 PM
Omigod i can't log in and it's over 3 hours already!

Quarison
03-21-2013, 08:07 PM
I am a multi deck user and also a Kleran user, i think mostly the problem is to balance some cards and spells. For example that one Word of light who causes 2 damage to all enemies should cost 5 instead of 4 in my opinion. The Kleran power comes from his magic schools that work extremely good together and that is where to fix something, i think both Sigfried and Kleran at same power level of abilities but Kleran possess 2 good schools of magic then become stronger.

my hat is off to you for such good comment.

D-Emissary
03-21-2013, 08:11 PM

Kieran has a too high skill at beginning. 1/2 is too much for my inferno creatures, so he can use his AoE spells in round 4!
I think Kieran with skill 1/1 is extremely better balanced.

Saccaromyces
03-21-2013, 08:23 PM
my hat is off to you for such good comment.

Thanks dude, im also glad that they made Prison unique, i dont like control decks, to play or to challenge, but at least others decks let you do something instead of lose 2-3 minute of your life waiting for a guy drawing is entire deck :)

Saccaromyces
03-21-2013, 08:28 PM
Could be a solution, but it looks like their plan is to give a total number of 3 point of skills for heroes that also have a special skill, and 4 for the "normal" ones with some exception like Krag Hag..
i still think that give to Kleran just one magic school is ok.

Ciolkmen
03-21-2013, 08:51 PM
Still doesn't work for me...

Silverace2012
03-21-2013, 08:55 PM

Straquote!!! Daily are daily why this alternate situation?

For the draw C4r-n4ge for example when u attack with DAs and u have 1 Pv and your opponents max 4! or if u play towers and u damage yourself and your opponent! ;)

A1-Icebear
03-21-2013, 08:58 PM
looks like no one can play atm.

it should have gone back online 2h ago

but ... if we are lucky and ubi generous - maybe there will be some compensation (i suggest giving another epic away via infernal pit... an non unique one... wc to be exact) ;)

trupiciel
03-21-2013, 09:14 PM
Maintenance takes a little longer than expected, we are working on it guys, stay tuned and thanks for your understanding!

https://twitter.com/DoCServerStatus

Duarte350
03-21-2013, 09:51 PM
looks like no one can play atm.

it should have gone back online 2h ago

but ... if we are lucky and ubi generous - maybe there will be some compensation (i suggest giving another epic away via infernal pit... an non unique one... wc to be exact) ;)

Thats not fair for ppl waiting the last 2 hours that have to leave for some reason out of the PC.

Elementalist.
03-21-2013, 10:16 PM
Servers are up!

Frozen-Drake
03-21-2013, 10:20 PM
275 seals for a pack of 6 tickets! what a deal! /sarcasm

C4r-n4ge
03-21-2013, 10:28 PM
275 seals for 6 Tickets....? Is this some kind of joke?

Harmbringer
03-21-2013, 10:36 PM
depends on winning, you can win 6 Premium Boosters,...
I also donīt think its cheap.
And premium,... come on... okay until you got Phiras... and than?

Psychobabble.au
03-21-2013, 11:24 PM
I've put up a thread calculating the value in the general discussion forum. You need to win a VR pack once every 3 tournaments for this to be worthwhile, basically. Which might be reasonable, idk.

Bazaltovy
03-21-2013, 11:30 PM
Can I already submit some errors? ;)
After clicking "Fight!" on global, the red button lacks the word. Was it "cancel"? I don't remember.

Also, in the same window, the leaderboard position always shows 0 until you proceed to leaderboards and go back to duel mode.

Elementalist.
03-21-2013, 11:36 PM
I see what the devs did there.. Give some bonus tickets through achievements, make you buy 6 ticket packs for 3 level worth of seals. Guys, get serious. Who in his right mind would wait 3 freaking levels so that he can participate in swiss? It already is silly enough that the tourney costs seals but this is plain outrageous.

hydramarine
03-21-2013, 11:39 PM
I see what the devs did there.. Give some bonus tickets through achievements, make you buy 6 ticket packs for 3 level worth of seals. Guys, get serious. Who in his right mind would wait 3 freaking levels so that he can participate in swiss? It already is silly enough that the tourney costs seals but this is plain outrageous.

You get 6 tickets for 275 seals. Read the description.

Ups. Read wrong. Still not a bad deal for me.

Frozen-Drake
03-21-2013, 11:40 PM
...outrageous.

truly, truly, truly outrageous
http://images1.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20110613151122/leagueoflegends/images/c/c4/TaricSquare.png

You get 6 tickets for 275 seals. Read the description.

wich leads to 3 levels for 6 tickets, exactly what he said

Frrfrr
03-21-2013, 11:50 PM
seems price 275 balanced to me ...

Pulpeiro
03-22-2013, 12:29 AM
Can't be...

real!

It isn't real. EVENT BUG IS STILL HERE! :mad::mad::mad:
It seems even worst, maybe because I'm angry and tired...

Thank you for all the amazing work you are doing here, I really like zoom art and some bugs fixed. But don't say you'll fix the Event Bug if it will not be fixed, I get mad dealing with that bug every day...

Playing passive events... AGAIN D:{

Elementalist.
03-22-2013, 12:40 AM
The cost is not unfair, it just doesn't make sense to grind that much to participate in a tourney. I bet swiss will lose a lot of momentum once the free tickets are used up.

Frrfrr
03-22-2013, 12:52 AM
The cost is not unfair, it just doesn't make sense to grind that much to participate in a tourney. I bet swiss will lose a lot of momentum once the free tickets are used up.
thats for sure ... once used up free no more play for the ones who dont intent give any money for it. the question is what next. in MTG you may see the people are willing to pay this for fun, for competition, not just for grind. the true of this game and its ability to get some money from players will be revealed. anyway if you spend money buying tickets and possibly winning something - you may get some card, have fun and is more efficient then just pure buy of cards ...

C4r-n4ge
03-22-2013, 12:53 AM

Exactly.

Elementalist.
03-22-2013, 01:06 AM
in MTG you may see the people are willing to pay this for fun, for competition, not just for grind. the true of this game and its ability to get some money from players will be revealed. anyway if you spend money buying tickets and possibly winning something - you may get some card, have fun and is more efficient then just pure buy of cards ...
I do want to play and this system does not want me to play regularly. It is unreasonable not to sell individual tickets, if anything the devs should want us to play more, not less.

Frrfrr
03-22-2013, 01:17 AM
I do want to play and this system does not want me to play regularly. It is unreasonable not to sell individual tickets, if anything the devs should want us to play more, not less.
honestly, i will continue certainly to buy the tickets once i use up all of them. i like the system. i am pretty sure many people do. but yes it is true the momentum will drop :)
once something is not free the demand drops :)

edit> just count ... 6 tickets and only once you win you get the ticket price back through 1 premium pack. if you place 2 times out of 6 you already "earn". if you place only once 2nd place you just get normal instead of premium. i think the model from my perspective is far better then in MTG
small table tournament also include some different "magic" within. i think only really the people who can not spend any money because it would ruin their economy would not participate or those whose faith to win anything is very low. for competetive players this is generally what the game needed and i hope for many matches in this :)

Bazaltovy
03-22-2013, 07:44 AM
It isn't real. EVENT BUG IS STILL HERE! :mad::mad::mad:
It seems even worst, maybe because I'm angry and tired...

Thank you for all the amazing work you are doing here, I really like zoom art and some bugs fixed. But don't say you'll fix the Event Bug if it will not be fixed, I get mad dealing with that bug every day...

Playing passive events... AGAIN D:{

It's kinda fixed - the event card at the bottom is disabled, so it's easier and less disturbing to find he pixel that triggers the current event :)

hydramarine
03-22-2013, 09:11 AM
I am afraid you are wrong. With the influx of people still coming to the game, the people playing swiss tournament will never go down. Now imagine also US release is confirmed yesteryday, so there will always be new people you can play against in swiss. Some might even say you will have weaker opponents there than daily.

The only boring thing about the swiss is the waiting part. Even if you are at the top with 2-0 and the last match is between the bottom of the group (2 0-1s), you still have to wait for their match to end. Which just doesnt make sense.

Harmbringer
03-22-2013, 10:07 AM
truly, truly, truly outrageous
http://images1.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20110613151122/leagueoflegends/images/c/c4/TaricSquare.png

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y4REAfLoVwY

Elementalist.
03-22-2013, 10:15 AM
I am afraid you are wrong. With the influx of people still coming to the game, the people playing swiss tournament will never go down. Now imagine also US release is confirmed yesteryday, so there will always be new people you can play against in swiss. Some might even say you will have weaker opponents there than daily.
I should hope so but soon enough my tickets will be over and I will have to farm for seals to play. I do not have the time or interest to even earn a level per day which means I won't be able to participate every other day when swiss tourney is on and I won't even be able to participate in the daily. Let's be honest here, this is bad.

IronWom4n
03-22-2013, 12:07 PM
I have just used ticked and i was matched with 5 much higher level players. I am level 8 and only 1 person was "near" my level, of course we took last places, say what you want, but You cannot beat level 60 players with a little improved started decks so for me buyning those tickets is waste of money since i will always get matched with proffesional players...

C4r-n4ge
03-22-2013, 12:15 PM
No - you can't... And that is what I was saying from the start - this kind of Tourney is not for newbies but at least avarage ( level 40+ ) experienced players - only them can take profits from this kind of Tournament...
Poor will stay poor... Rich will get richer...

Elementalist.
03-22-2013, 12:31 PM
Lower level players would want to save their seals for a couple of boxes anyway.

IronWom4n
03-22-2013, 12:43 PM
Just saying its not worth for me, if they made groups like 1-20, 21-40... and so on it would be more entertaining....

mowlwurf3
03-22-2013, 01:19 PM
why the hell would you enter a tournament with lvl 8 anyways ? i think its normal that tournaments are for the higher lvl/more experienced player ... i dont think u will get high ranking in normal daily tournament either o_o

but hey its like that in every game isnt it ? u have to fight your way to the top :p

Uraxor
03-22-2013, 01:22 PM
Pros:

Good value buy-in / reward
Great visual setting
Clear calculation of points
Fast
You get (or not) the reward within set time-frame, no matter what
Group chat in the lobby - YAY!

[i]Cons:

Overall expensive buy-in, once the freebies & Ach rewards run out => ppl will stop playing
Set prizes: not all want them => ppl will stop playing
Need to stick around for ~40 minutes to finish => ppl won't enter, because they might not have enough time
Disconnects HURT => bad connection =/= no play
Random pairing - seriously, who thought of this? On the other hand, matching by any factor will result in too long queues, so ...:
Only for skilled players. Newbies get farmed on. => rules out a huge part of the community. Combined with fixed reward leaves very few actually interested in the format
Lack of free to enter competitive format EVERY OTHER DAY => ppl will walk away, looking for their daily dosage of fun/competitiveness
Having to wait ALL THE (***) TIME, when you are fast. I finish my game in under 3 minutes and need to wait up to 10 extra minutes for another game! => ppl won't enter in fear of spending more time waiting than playing

Suggestions:

Match 2 people with same W/L pattern as soon as they are finished
Provide, in any way, a regular income of tickets, even if it was just a 1 ticket every 2 days. It will keep people entering & possibly luring them into buying more tickets, after their initial Swiss is played out
Option to sectate other games while you are waiting would be very nice, if 1st point can't be done
Reconnect leeways are a MUST here.
Fix the Swiss ladder. Right now it says 'games played' instead of 'Total points scored' and 'Wins' instead of 'Win Rat'
Needs more incentives for people to keep joining. Both low-skilled players and top-end competitors.
[i]Act faster than with the last reactive-patch

I'll keep adding points...

IronWom4n
03-22-2013, 01:30 PM
why the hell would you enter a tournament with lvl 8 anyways ? i think its normal that tournaments are for the higher lvl/more experienced player ... i dont think u will get high ranking in normal daily tournament either o_o

but hey its like that in every game isnt it ? u have to fight your way to the top :p

so missions are done, I cannot enter tournaments until 40 - I have to duel all the day now? nothing else? You reffer to other games, can You list one of online card game where You can ONLY duel?

Le.Rancord
03-22-2013, 01:46 PM
No - you can't... And that is what I was saying from the start - this kind of Tourney is not for newbies but at least avarage ( level 40+ ) experienced players - only them can take profits from this kind of Tournament...
Poor will stay poor... Rich will get richer...

"Everybody knows the fight was fixed,
the poor stay poor, the rich get rich
That's how it goes, everybody knows"

- Leonhard Cohen

renderz7
03-23-2013, 07:50 AM
I'm mad,I just wasted my 1st f-ing ticket for nothing the game frozed to both me and the other player right when we were suposed to start the first round...then he surrender and I got disconnected and when I tried to login it says network problem...that's 1 tivket wasted already for nothing:\

DK4WAR
03-23-2013, 08:56 AM
Same situation give my ticket back

http://clip2net.com/clip/m127082/1364025257-ff2ff-740kb.png

DanielKurzempa
03-23-2013, 09:27 AM
As usual on Saturday, there's no one to reset the server*.
People do not play now and do not waste your valuable time waiting for when your opponent capitulate because it is a failure game.
Now you have to be patient and wait to fix this error and it can take up to several hours.

martijnr30
03-23-2013, 09:38 AM
Lost two tickets for this.

DarkAutist666
03-23-2013, 09:38 AM
Provide, in any way, a regular income of tickets, even if it was just a 1 ticket every 2 days.

I think 1 ticket per level would be great.

rara88
03-23-2013, 09:40 AM
Pros:

Suggestions:
Provide, in any way, a regular income of tickets, even if it was just a 1 ticket every 2 days. It will keep people entering & possibly luring them into buying more tickets, after their initial Swiss is played out

Yes or 1 - 2 tickets on each level. otherwise Swiss will be only for rich and skilled players what have no sense ;)

Edit.

@up I'm not doubling we wrote this in the same time ;)

Vexx_PL
03-23-2013, 09:50 AM
True, also just losta ticket.

I even wanted to reconnect to try and finish the swiss and get Emilios - but eh - failed to login for unknown reason (just after the crash of course).

You people really need to put your **** back together and start fixing bugs in the game. The swiss was actually what made me come back to the game after some time of getting bored with it and I see it's still unplayable.

kayaza2004
03-23-2013, 10:11 AM
By the way I think swiss tourment's break point it ridicious. I win my first oppopnet and he quit the game after his lose.

Which menas I must have a 3 win for the first place or nothing. I think it should be three match, winner stay and loser gone.

The Radom prize 20k pack should select the winner at the begining stage not the end of tourment. Waiting for playing the game is really a pain.

renderz7
03-23-2013, 10:12 AM
Yeah I lost 2 tickets 2
When they fix the problems somebody pls announce it here so I can know when to join without wasting my tickets anymore for nothing

Sikor485
03-23-2013, 11:10 AM
Another problem with the tournament is that there is no reward for 3rd place. I mean, why is emilio's pack given randomly? Soon people will start leaving after they first lose because you have to win first 2 games. Wouldn't it be cooler if person who lost first game or second but won other two would still be able to get something (like emilio for 3rd place for example)? Moreover, breakpoints are useless right now or at least poorly designed. A person who lost in "final" will always take second place because that's how it is supposed to work. You could delete break points from this game and just make final loser take 2nd place. The reason why I say that is because breakpoints have no use for other 6 players. Instead making emilio's pack 3rd place reward people would be still competing after losing 1st or 2nd game. Just my 2 cents.
Apart from that I like the tournament, it looks fun but tickets might be a problem because people will eventually stop playing it. Low levels wont be able to win, High levels probably dont need cards anymore.

Hope this helps.
Sikor

C4r-n4ge
03-23-2013, 11:15 AM
I was playing in the night and lost 2 tickets because of the bug (also 6 duels counted as my losses) :( . Hope to get back our lost tickets....

WalkingHawking
03-23-2013, 11:32 AM
Another problem with the tournament is that there is no reward for 3rd place. I mean, why is emilio's pack given randomly? Soon people will start leaving after they first lose because you have to win first 2 games.

Emilio's pack is given randombly between the ones who completed all three games exactly to prevent this, this way players have a reason to keep playing after losing.

Maruth24
03-23-2013, 11:32 AM
isnt possible,i want back my 2 tickets....

epicafricantoad
03-23-2013, 11:54 AM
Yeah folks, givem some time. Ya dont have anything else to do in ya free time when da server haz problems? lol!
A lot of people lost ticketsthere will propably be a refund so chill
peace
mr Toad

Sikor485
03-23-2013, 12:00 PM
Emilio's pack is given randombly between the ones who completed all three games exactly to prevent this, this way players have a reason to keep playing after losing.
Then they have to redesign it somehow because when I lose 1st or 2nd game for example It annoys me to wait for someone to finish their duel, then play another one, then wait again and then play another just to GET CHANCE to get something that is not even worth seals... and there is absolutely no motivation to even win those duels.

epicafricantoad
03-23-2013, 12:14 PM
LOL man you dotn have to wait. As soon as you have finished your 3 duels, you can leave the lobby and play other games. The results will be sent to you as a notification.
cheers
Toad

DanielKurzempa
03-23-2013, 12:51 PM
You can now play but coupons will not get: (

Sikor485
03-23-2013, 01:09 PM
LOL man you dotn have to wait. As soon as you have finished your 3 duels, you can leave the lobby and play other games. The results will be sent to you as a notification.
cheers
Toad
I think you misunderstood me. It is about leaving after losing 1st/2nd game, not the 3rd lol :p
And btw I dont leave but it makes me want to leave coz I feel like Im wasting time.

renderz7
03-23-2013, 01:26 PM
Meh I'll play plants vs zombies till the game is fixed

C4r-n4ge
03-23-2013, 01:34 PM
It's already fixed :D

epicafricantoad
03-23-2013, 01:49 PM
Well, you're participating in swiss tournaments willingly;) thats something you should take under consideration.
cheers
Toad

Elementalist.
03-23-2013, 02:39 PM
Anyways if there is any compensation you won't get it before Monday.

renderz7
03-23-2013, 03:52 PM
Well, you're participating in swiss tournaments willingly;) thats something you should take under consideration.
cheers
Toad
You are annoying and not helpful at all
cheers
renderz

Bazaltovy
03-23-2013, 04:09 PM
I actually think the frog ( ;) ) is right. What's more, actually all the complaints above attack the essence of Swiss Tournament, so...

Griffith_ots
03-23-2013, 06:28 PM
Yeah I have encountered the same bug as DK4WAR (post 99) many times this week. I just closed the client and logged in again. But sometimes I was surprised to find out the last match (where the blank screen appeared) was counted as a loss for me. Strange and discouraging