PDA

View Full Version : Why wasn't the DLC been released yet?

OSantaClownO
03-19-2013, 02:58 PM
I'm on Steam and it's annouced on the Assassin Creed website that the DLC has been released, however in Steam it isn't.

Aphex_Tim
03-19-2013, 03:01 PM
Patience, my young padawan.

OSantaClownO
03-19-2013, 03:02 PM
Patience, my young padawan.

I'm very patient, I was just wondering if there is a particular reason for it, as for much as I know, the DLC was released a few hours ago.

Bastiaen
03-19-2013, 03:42 PM
Muahahahahah! It's downloading to my xbox so I'll play it... in another seven hours when I get home from work... Dang it.

guardian_titan
03-19-2013, 03:56 PM
Steam updates rather late but not as late as the PSN store thankfully. So Steam updates are roughly between when Xbox Live updates and PSN updates. For Infamy, I recall playing it around 12 hours or so after Xbox got it. So in another 3 or so hours it should be on Steam. To access it, you may have to close Steam and reopen it to get it to download Betrayal or activate it. My Infamy wouldn't register as being downloaded and activated until I restarted Steam.

Unfortunately, when we get the DLC is related to when the store updates. The DLC may be out now officially, but that doesn't mean much when Steam doesn't update their online store until later. I've learned to ignore midnight releases for games anymore since it's rare when digital games actually get a midnight release. People may be able to get the hard copy in their hot little hands at midnight, but digital downloaders may be waiting until 8 AM or even noon the next day to get their game because of store updates. Time zones don't help when stores update, either. You may think the store updates at 8 AM according to posts on the store's forums only to find out it really updates at noon for you because you didn't account for time zone changes. It's frustrating, but not much we can do about it.

OSantaClownO
03-19-2013, 04:57 PM
Steam updates rather late but not as late as the PSN store thankfully. So Steam updates are roughly between when Xbox Live updates and PSN updates. For Infamy, I recall playing it around 12 hours or so after Xbox got it. So in another 3 or so hours it should be on Steam. To access it, you may have to close Steam and reopen it to get it to download Betrayal or activate it. My Infamy wouldn't register as being downloaded and activated until I restarted Steam.

Unfortunately, when we get the DLC is related to when the store updates. The DLC may be out now officially, but that doesn't mean much when Steam doesn't update their online store until later. I've learned to ignore midnight releases for games anymore since it's rare when digital games actually get a midnight release. People may be able to get the hard copy in their hot little hands at midnight, but digital downloaders may be waiting until 8 AM or even noon the next day to get their game because of store updates. Time zones don't help when stores update, either. You may think the store updates at 8 AM according to posts on the store's forums only to find out it really updates at noon for you because you didn't account for time zone changes. It's frustrating, but not much we can do about it.

Well as much as it's bummering to hear, that information is helpful to calm down - Thanks alot!

Eternal Reward
03-19-2013, 05:00 PM
Didn't even know it was today. Thats something to look forward to. :D

Mr_Shade
03-19-2013, 05:32 PM
Just to confirm:

Steam should be updating at around 5PM UK time [so about 30 minutes]

Uplay season pass owners - the emails with links etc will go out at 5PM also - emails may go out in batches, so please allow time - and also double check your spam folders online etc.