PDA

View Full Version : Assassin’s Creed® III - the tyranny of king washington episode 2 “the betrayal”

Mr_Shade
03-19-2013, 01:27 PM
ASSASSIN’S CREED® III - THE TYRANNY OF KING WASHINGTON EPISODE 2 “THE BETRAYAL” AVAILABLE TODAY

London, UK — March 19, 2013 —Today, Ubisoft® announces the launch of The Betrayal, the second episode in the three-part Assassin’s Creed III – The Tyranny of King Washington downloadable content series, on Microsoft’s Xbox 360® video game and entertainment system and Windows PCs. This episode will be available for PlayStation®3 computer entertainment system starting tomorrow, March 20.

The Betrayal continues the next chapter in hero Ratonhnhaké:ton’s war against the mad King George Washington, taking gamers to Boston to find an unlikely ally. Ratonhnhaké:ton will discover a new ability- the power of the eagle, which empowers him to quickly fly across short distances and hone in on enemies for precise and brutal assassinations.

The final episode of Assassin’s Creed III – The Tyranny of King Washington: The Redemption will release on April 23 for the Microsoft’s Xbox 360® video game and entertainment system and Windows PCs, and April 24 on PlayStation®3 computer entertainment system.

All episodes of the Tyranny of King Washington are available through the Assassin’s Creed III Season Pass, which is available for purchase for 2400 Microsoft Points on Xbox LIVE or £23.99 on the PlayStation Network and Windows PC. Season Pass provides access to all Assassin’s Creed III downloadable content packs. Each episode of The Tyranny of King Washington will be available for purchase separately as a single DLC pack for 800 Microsoft points or £7.99.

All Assassin’s Creed III downloadable content packs will also be available on the Wii UTM through the Nintendo eShop.

Assassin’s Creed III is now available on PlayStation®3, Xbox 360® and the Nintendo Wii UTM. For Windows PC gamers, the Assassin’s Creed III Deluxe Edition is available as a digital download and includes all future downloadable content.

About Assassin’s Creed III:
Set against the backdrop of the American Revolution in the late 18th century, Assassin’s Creed III introduces a new hero, Ratonhnhaké:ton, of Native American and English heritage. Adopting the name Connor, he becomes the new voice for justice in the ancient war between the Assassins and Templars. Gamers become an Assassin in the war for liberty against ruthless tyranny in the most stylized and fluid combat experience in the franchise to date.

Assassin’s Creed III spans the Revolutionary War, taking gamers from the vibrant, untamed frontier and bustling colonial towns to the intense, chaotic battlefields where George Washington’s Continental Army clashed with the imposing British Army and the tumultuous high seas. Assassin’s Creed III features unprecedented scope and scale.

For more information on Assassin’s Creed III, please visit the Assassin’s Creed Official Website:http://www.assassinscreed.com (http://www.assassinscreed.com/)

About Assassin’s Creed
Initially launched in 2007, the first five Assassin’s Creed games have sold more than 55 million units worldwide, and the franchise is now established as one of the best-selling series ever. Recognized for having some of the richest, most engrossing storytelling in the industry, Assassin’s Creed transcends video games, branching out into other entertainment experiences including comic books, Facebook games, novels, short films, and more.

About Ubisoft
Ubisoft is a leading producer, publisher, and distributor of interactive entertainment products worldwide and has grown considerably through a strong and diversified lineup of products and partnerships. Ubisoft has offices in 26 countries and has sales in more than 55 countries around the globe. It is committed to delivering high-quality, cutting-edge video game titles to consumers. For the 2011–12 fiscal year Ubisoft generated sales of 1.061 billion euros. To learn more, please visit www.ubisoftgroup.com (http://www.ubisoftgroup.com/).

© 2007–2013 Ubisoft Entertainment. All Rights Reserved. Assassin’s Creed, Ubisoft, and the Ubisoft logo are trademarks of Ubisoft Entertainment in the US and/or other countries. “PlayStation” is a registered trademark of Sony Computer Entertainment Inc. Windows, Xbox, Xbox 360, and Xbox LIVE are registered trademarks of the Microsoft group of companies. Nintendo trademarks and copyrights are properties of Nintendo.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kHF5yE92iwM

PegasusGuard
03-19-2013, 05:17 PM
I bought the season pass. And for some reason the Betrayal didn't unlock. Is there Something with the server?

vioLence1337
03-19-2013, 07:22 PM
OK somebody clear this up for me, i bought the season pack and now i see there's already a pc download and xbox 360 for the second dlc and ps3 tomorrow? I thought seasonpack had the chance to get the dlc first.

WalSwJan
03-19-2013, 07:53 PM
PSN updates later than XBL and Steam so yeah, bad luck for PS3-users.

Mr_Shade
03-19-2013, 07:57 PM
OK somebody clear this up for me, i bought the season pack and now i see there's already a pc download and xbox 360 for the second dlc and ps3 tomorrow? I thought seasonpack had the chance to get the dlc first.
Season pass holders get the content at a reduced total price, so it's cheaper.

The first released DLC, was released early to season pass holders - as a bonus for pre-ordering it or buying it on day one, the rest of the DLC is released at the same time as it's available on the markets /stores.

Differences in regions and console stores - can mean that some season pass owners get it sooner [either by region or due to different format / console]

The PSN store - updates on a different day [for some regions] - Ubisoft has no control over this - it's at the normal update day / time for you region.

I hope that helps?

vioLence1337
03-19-2013, 10:12 PM
Yes thank u it helps a little :(

i'm stil abit sad :'(

tinrisky
03-19-2013, 11:05 PM
Downloading for PS3, very excited!

Captain Tomatoz
03-20-2013, 01:24 AM
Much better than part 1, which I was disappointed with. The missions were much more exiting and had no gimmicks that felt pointless (like the canon firing in part 1). The eagle flight ability has made free running across Boston much better because you know longer need to worry about the large gaps between buildings slowing you down :D. The DLC, for me, was longer than the 1st, took me 2.5 hours.

One problem I had with the DLC was the excessive amounts of fighting when just collecting the chests. Some people won't have a problem with this, i understand, but for me it just felt like a chore to get all the chests. Having to kill 20 odd guards to open one chest each time got a bit tedious. Like part 1 side quests seemed lacking (why can they not have a story, doesn't have to be that in depth) and some of them just feel pointless.

Overall I felt it was a massive improvement over part 1 and am looking forward to part 3 (which i wasn't after playing part 1)

Bonniestar
03-25-2013, 10:48 AM
So I bought the season pass, and still had to download The battle hardened pack at full price, no discount appeard. Thought it might be glitch or whatever. But um I still don't have a discounted version of The Betrayal to download, ANYWHERE! I want help with this, thank you!

roostersrule2
03-25-2013, 10:50 AM
So I bought the season pass, and still had to download The battle hardened pack at full price, no discount appeard. Thought it might be glitch or whatever. But um I still don't have a discounted version of The Betrayal to download, ANYWHERE! I want help with this, thank you!Go to the in-game menu rather then the XBL one.

Bonniestar
03-25-2013, 02:21 PM
Go to the in-game menu rather then the XBL one.

@roostersrule2: Thank you for you help! That solved the problem. I'd already been in the in-game menu, but on the MP one, since that's where I usually hang. Thought it were accessible on both. And I could see the season pass installed there so... Anyway, thank you!

AvK KiNgKoBrA
03-25-2013, 09:09 PM
Best AC DLC yet! This has restored my hope in Ubisoft

MasterAssasin84
03-27-2013, 01:56 PM
I really have to say i thoroughly enjoyed this installment this time around " The power of the eagle " i love the inflight Eagle Assassination technique - truly awesome !!

One thing that i will say SPOILER alert at the Bottom

Did anyone not notice the Pyramid when your ship departs for New York ? i am very interested to know what that symbolises.

TheHumanTowel
03-27-2013, 02:43 PM
I really have to say i thoroughly enjoyed this installment this time around " The power of the eagle " i love the inflight Eagle Assassination technique - truly awesome !!
One thing that i will say SPOILER alert at the Bottom

Did anyone not notice the Pyramid when your ship departs for New York ? i am very interested to know what that symbolises.
Looks like the Pyramid from the American one-dollar bill
http://macquirelatory.com/Dollar Bill Truth/one_dollar_bill_reverse-united_states_.jpg
Very cool.

MasterAssasin84
03-27-2013, 03:22 PM
Looks like the Pyramid from the American one-dollar bill
http://macquirelatory.com/Dollar Bill Truth/one_dollar_bill_reverse-united_states_.jpg
Very cool.

Exactly thats were i have seen it before and i have since found that Novus ordo seclorum means New order of the ages which is synonymous with the new world order ! i may be wrong but i can see Assassins Creed uncovering and exploring the Illuminati ( or placing more emphasis on the illuminati rather than the Templars )

AT ONE SIR
03-28-2013, 04:21 AM
this dlc is so full of fail. its more like some harry potter nonsense than what I thought this game was about. The DLC starts with every mission mode that I cannot stand and then gives you some impossible GW showdown that is ridiculous. im sorry, but I am a season pass holder and this really sucks. this was my first and last AC game. enjoy your game, nerds. I'm back to fifa.

Assassin_M
03-28-2013, 04:37 AM
enjoy your game, nerds. I'm back to fifa.
Do you feel better now that you said that ? Yes ? Good for you, sonny

roostersrule2
03-28-2013, 04:46 AM
Exactly thats were i have seen it before and i have since found that Novus ordo seclorum means New order of the ages which is synonymous with the new world order ! i may be wrong but i can see Assassins Creed uncovering and exploring the Illuminati ( or placing more emphasis on the illuminati rather than the Templars )If you look around Boston in the TOKW you can see posters with the Illuminati symbol in it.

MasterAssasin84
03-28-2013, 02:04 PM
If you look around Boston in the TOKW you can see posters with the Illuminati symbol in it.

Now you come to mention that i saw them , admitimgly i did not really take much of the finer details of Boston ie the posters but i will keep my eye closer on this one.

roostersrule2
03-28-2013, 05:51 PM
Now you come to mention that i saw them , admitimgly i did not really take much of the finer details of Boston ie the posters but i will keep my eye closer on this one.I don't know if it's only me but whenever I see that symbol I get this weird feeling in my guy. Is this just me?

MasterAssasin84
03-28-2013, 06:38 PM
I don't know if it's only me but whenever I see that symbol I get this weird feeling in my guy. Is this just me?

I have always said that Assassins Creed is exposing subliminal messages and seeing the illuminati being plastered around - obviously you would have to know what you are looking at, is certailnly food for though.

DeathMonkeyN
04-02-2013, 10:03 PM
Hey everyone please give my Playthrough with commentary of Bioshock Infinite a view and Like!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tY1Bh-l0CX4&list=PLWnx56tND3J5tcsowzOgKrhOAYamOSzbE

DeathMonkeyN
04-02-2013, 10:06 PM
Hey everyone Please Give my Playthrough of AC3: Tyranny of King Washington a View, Like, and a Favourite Please! and SUBSCRIBE!!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mC-Kenh8Bak&list=PLWnx56tND3J7L3IkIeZt5CjRQFcb0Ed0e

projectpat06
04-06-2013, 03:51 AM
After thinking about it and replaying the scenes between Connor and Haytham, I honestly think we will see Haytham in the final chapter of the tyranny of king washington. From what we know from the book, Connor wishes he would have known his father better but it was too late. In this alternate universe, Haytham can still be alive just like Zio was. (makes me think of bioshock infinite) We know that the dlc is supposed to lead up to and tie into AC4 somehow. With the final chapter named "Redemption", I think we will see more than one redemption. One of them being the redemption between Connor and haytham. Connor could learn of haytham's past therefore discovering edward. the present day hacker now goes into edward's memories which brings us to AC4

TrueHazzaz
04-10-2013, 04:31 PM
After thinking about it and replaying the scenes between Connor and Haytham, I honestly think we will see Haytham in the final chapter of the tyranny of king washington. From what we know from the book, Connor wishes he would have known his father better but it was too late. In this alternate universe, Haytham can still be alive just like Zio was. (makes me think of bioshock infinite) We know that the dlc is supposed to lead up to and tie into AC4 somehow. With the final chapter named "Redemption", I think we will see more than one redemption. One of them being the redemption between Connor and haytham. Connor could learn of haytham's past therefore discovering edward. the present day hacker now goes into edward's memories which brings us to AC4

I would agree with you, except that (SPOILER ALERT):

In Episode 1 Zio tells Connor that his father is dead. It also appears that in this universe Haytham was an Assassin, and that's why he left Connor his hidden blades.

I think the Redemption in question will be Washington's, personally.

Deathcythe
04-10-2013, 05:14 PM

In Episode 1 Zio tells Connor that his father is dead. It also appears that in this universe Haytham was an Assassin, and that's why he left Connor his hidden blades.

unless their's a twist. but more than likely he is not gonna show up.

domsi999
04-17-2013, 12:16 PM
The final episode of Assassin’s Creed III – The Tyranny of King Washington: The Redemption will release on April 23 for the Microsoft’s Xbox 360® video game and entertainment system and Windows PCs, and April 24 on PlayStation®3 computer entertainment system.

All episodes of the Tyranny of King Washington are available through the Assassin’s Creed III Season Pass, which is available for purchase for 2400 Microsoft Points on Xbox LIVE or £23.99 on the PlayStation Network and Windows PC. Season Pass provides access to all Assassin’s Creed III downloadable content packs. Each episode of The Tyranny of King Washington will be available for purchase separately as a single DLC pack for 800 Microsoft points or £7.99.

domsi999
04-17-2013, 12:17 PM

roostersrule2
04-17-2013, 12:48 PM
Why do people think Haytham was an Assassin in TOKW? He had hidden blades in the real game too.

silvermercy
04-18-2013, 02:57 PM
Please halp! Haaalppp! Can I use my season pass on my new PS3? Is it transferable? I only need the final episode. Will I have to buy it again separately??

roostersrule2
04-18-2013, 03:04 PM
Please halp! Haaalppp! Can I use my season pass on my new PS3? Is it transferable? I only need the final episode. Will I have to buy it again separately??It should be connected to your PSN account.

silvermercy
04-18-2013, 03:13 PM
It should be connected to your PSN account.
I will try that! Thanks!! :)

Sarekofvulcan
04-18-2013, 05:47 PM
Well if you bought a season pass then good luck... For anyone that didn't, this is one of the worst DLC ever, not worth any money. Seems the whole AC is on a slippery slope, everything that is released after AC 1 is getting worse and worse. Look like the big game makers only put real effort in first releases, then when they have made a name with that release they bring in the money wagon and try to suck out as much money from people as they can by making worse sequels. Definitely not gonna buy any sequel to this, think AC4 will be so bad with bug and story that would not be worth playing (since there is only about 1 year between 3 and 4).

Dag_B
04-19-2013, 12:30 AM
You do know that they started with Assassins Creed 4 before AC3 was released, do you? So they worked on it for more than only 1 year.