PDA

View Full Version : Assassin's Creed III - Tyranny Of King Washington Official Betrayal Discussion Thread

catkiller97
03-19-2013, 11:06 AM
Assassin's Creed III - Tyranny Of King Washington Betrayal Discussion Thread

http://img1.gamersky.com/image2012/10/20121020u_2/gamersky_09origin_17_20121020112B51.jpg

Launch Trailer :-

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_4FFp3kbb1U

The Betrayal is the 2nd part in the Tyranny of King Washington, in which Washington goes mad with power and rules as tyrannical King. In this new episode, travel to Boston to find an unlikely but familiar ally in your war against the King. Live history as it never happened and Rise.

Now available on Xbox 360 and PC. And will be available for PlayStation 3 tomorrow, March 20.

Feel Free to discuss about DLC here :)

Press Release Shots :-

http://image.noelshack.com/fichiers/2013/12/1363696764-1.jpg

http://image.noelshack.com/fichiers/2013/12/1363696764-2.jpg

http://image.noelshack.com/fichiers/2013/12/1363696766-4.jpg

http://image.noelshack.com/fichiers/2013/12/1363696762-5.jpg

http://image.noelshack.com/fichiers/2013/12/1363696766-3.jpg

UrDeviant1
03-19-2013, 11:08 AM
Hopefully i'll be able to play it when the xbox marketplace updates within the next hour.

Also i read somewhere that you can't use wolf cloak in this episode? if true, that's RIDICULOUS.

Assassin_M
03-19-2013, 11:14 AM
Cheesy narration is cheesy....Awesome trailer...JUST STOP TRYING TO BE HOLLYWOOD DAMM IT

roostersrule2
03-19-2013, 11:18 AM
That narration was terrible but the trailer was amazing.

catkiller97
03-19-2013, 11:32 AM
Hopefully i'll be able to play it when the xbox marketplace updates within the next hour.

Also i read somewhere that you can't use wolf cloak in this episode? if true, that's RIDICULOUS.

Nope,you can use.

The place you read it is RIDICULOUS..

UrDeviant1
03-19-2013, 11:35 AM
Nope,you can use.

The place you read it is RIDICULOUS..

I read it on this forum, so...touché.

Assassin_M
03-19-2013, 11:40 AM
I laughed too hard...did I laugh too hard ?

catkiller97
03-19-2013, 11:42 AM

lol

UrDeviant1
03-19-2013, 11:44 AM
I laughed too hard...did I laugh too hard ?

I'd say you laughed an acceptable amount. Not too hard, not too soft.

Noir-0070
03-19-2013, 11:59 AM
Has the "additional content" menu updated yet??

UrDeviant1
03-19-2013, 12:01 PM
Has the "additional content" menu updated yet??

Nope. The marketplace hasn't even updated yet as far as i can tell.

Krayus Korianis
03-19-2013, 12:04 PM
It's up on the marketplace on XBL. However, I've not yet hooked my Xbox to the internet to check the in game menu.

Can anyone else confirm that it's been updated on the in game Extras Menu?

kingalfonsoz
03-19-2013, 12:11 PM
It´s up on the in-game menu and available for season pass owners. I´m downloading it right now.

Krayus Korianis
03-19-2013, 12:14 PM
it´s up on the in-game menu and available for season pass owners. I´m downloading it right now.
yay! Afk...

UrDeviant1
03-19-2013, 12:16 PM
Schweet!

AntiChrist7
03-19-2013, 12:18 PM
Am i the only one who sees the resemblance between the dollar note and the pyramid in the clip?

roostersrule2
03-19-2013, 12:24 PM
Am i the only one who sees the resemblance between the dollar note and the pyramid in the clip?Ermahgerd Illuminati, conspiracy run for your lives.

WarlordSpinal
03-19-2013, 12:55 PM
Ermahgerd Illuminati, conspiracy run for your lives.

I'm surprised this is the first or second time i see someone mentioning them on these forums.

Unusual, seeing as the AC games seem to revolve around *them* a lot.

playassassins1
03-19-2013, 01:07 PM
And of course.. PS3 users would have to wait an extra day. Tbh, I don't really mind. It's just one day.. I'll just replay The Infamy.

UrDeviant1
03-19-2013, 01:47 PM
I'm near the beginning of the game and just wanted to say that so far this Eagle power is crap. I use it to assassinate someone and another guard will hear it from 50 yards away. I thought this might be a good tool for stealth but no, it's utterly useless. 2 of the sync objectives are to even use this thing to assassinate 3 guards and remain undetected. So lets see..."We give you a tool that is utterly useless at stealth killing and then require you to use it as such in order to reach 100% sync." :nonchalance: (Also it feels clunky as hell to use.) I'll say it again - As a stealth tool the Eagle power is utter garbage.

That's my first impressions of it anyway.

Update: Played about an hour now. It's buggy as hell. Maybe it's because i'm tired but i'm really not enjoying this episode.

ace3001
03-19-2013, 01:53 PM
They went full Batman with the flying thing. I'm not sure whether I like it. And by Batman, I mean how the grappling hook works in the Arkham series. Other than for the lack of a line or rope, it looks and feels the same way. (Only a little less smooth in action.) You can basically travel around the whole city using that.
I think it would've been actually fun in the Frontier, but thanks to them making the episodes entirely separate, the Frontier is not accessible in episode 2, which just sucks.

Assassin_M
03-19-2013, 01:56 PM
This doesnt sound too good....I`m gonna wait some more to make up my mind about these..

Noir-0070
03-19-2013, 02:08 PM
They went full Batman with the flying thing. I'm not sure whether I like it. And by Batman, I mean how the grappling hook works in the Arkham series. Other than for the lack of a line or rope, it looks and feels the same way. (Only a little less smooth in action.) You can basically travel around the whole city using that.
I think it would've been actually fun in the Frontier, but thanks to them making the episodes entirely separate, the Frontier is not accessible in episode 2, which just sucks.

I agree, though I think they put it in the city so there could be more targets to fly to, still it would've been fun flying tree to tree through the frontier.

Technical wise, I think they did a good job, I haven't gotten glitches and the animation feels smooth. Its pretty fun zipping across the city but it makes you want to neglect climbing.

catkiller97
03-19-2013, 02:10 PM
Completed the DLC nice after few missions (near ending missions) i realize the power is not that bad..

My DLC rating 8/10

roostersrule2
03-19-2013, 02:12 PM
I don't see the criticism, Batman+AC= The Biblical Mana of games.

ace3001
03-19-2013, 02:22 PM
I don't see the criticism, Batman+AC= The Biblical Mana of games.
Nah, the whole zoom from point to point thing just doesn't seem to fit very well in AC. Not to mention, using it for assassinations is a really clunky affair.

catkiller97
03-19-2013, 02:39 PM
Press Release Shots :-

http://image.noelshack.com/fichiers/2013/12/1363696764-1.jpg

http://image.noelshack.com/fichiers/2013/12/1363696764-2.jpg

http://image.noelshack.com/fichiers/2013/12/1363696766-4.jpg

http://image.noelshack.com/fichiers/2013/12/1363696762-5.jpg

http://image.noelshack.com/fichiers/2013/12/1363696766-3.jpg

ace3001
03-19-2013, 04:49 PM
Anybody found all the lucid memory artifacts, yet? I've found only 2, and this is now driving me mad. Any tips on how to find these, at least? Cause the other 2 I came across randomly.

Lass4r
03-19-2013, 05:00 PM
Nice WTF moment in the last 5 secs of the episode, I like it! ^^ Boston is still a boring city though.

WalSwJan
03-19-2013, 05:05 PM
I like it so far. Even more than the Infamy because the missions are better imo. I'm not finished yet but I have one question: Do wolves even attack people in Boston? I've seen that you have to save 2 people from being attacked by wolves in order to get 100%.

cdawg44
03-19-2013, 05:38 PM
Hey Guys,

Is anyone else having issues with the dlc? My mini-map, health bar and weapons wheel will not show up on the screen during gameplay. I went to the menu and made sure all those options were on and still none of those things are showing on screen. Ugh, I'm sick of these glitces.

ShadowFiend1993
03-19-2013, 05:39 PM
Well, I seem to have ran into a progress-halting glitch already (at least, i think it's a glitch) and i'm only on the second memory. Did anyone else have trouble flying to a certain ledge when you're following the Eagle in the Sky Journey? It's just after the first few trees and you land on a little rock, there's another one someway up the hill but the prompt to fly to it won't show up no matter what I do.. any tips?

kingalfonsoz
03-19-2013, 06:48 PM
Has anyone else ran into pedestrians that have only a blank character model? I ran into dozen of them.

UrDeviant1
03-19-2013, 06:52 PM
Has anyone else ran into pedestrians that have only a blank character model? I ran into dozen of them.

Lol yup. At first i thought it was part of the lucid memory fragments but then a i kept on seeing them. They look like freaky mannequins :/

Mr_Shade
03-19-2013, 06:54 PM
Guys if you have issues, make sure to report them to support!

If you have just installed the DLC, make sure you have restarted the console before playing - just in case.

www.support.ubi.com

playassassins1
03-19-2013, 06:56 PM
To people who already have the dlc. How would you rate it so far?

catkiller97
03-19-2013, 07:04 PM
I will rate it 8/10 :)

WalSwJan
03-19-2013, 07:06 PM
Yeah, I'd also give it a 8/10. I have not finished it yet so it might change :D

AntiChrist7
03-19-2013, 07:33 PM
ive already watched it on youtube before it came out, and ive just played a 10 minutes (dont have much time these days). still a bit glitchy though, like the prisoner ward who wouldnt go down after i hit him.

Although i have to say, by having watched it before, i now pay more attention to the details. Washington has the apple of eden as emblem on his cape, and that prisoner warden is carving the pyramid in his table.

Mr_Shade
03-19-2013, 07:37 PM
If anyone has a Xbox 360 and wants a code for this.. check the pinned thread ;)

SOURCEw00t
03-19-2013, 08:30 PM
So I think I finished everything except the final mission of the sequences. This whole time I went through, I barely hit any side missions. Just a few feed the civilians missions. Now however im actually flying around the map waiting for these spawn missions to come up. Surprisingly, im finding them way faster than I expected.

Anyway my rating of this dlc is a 5/10.

That new eagle ability is pretty bad *** and ok. But the dlc itself is way to short. Should only be 400 ms as far as im concerned. Its taken like 4 hrs to get to final mission and it really only took long cause the side objectives are a pain. You end uprestarting because of the dumbest things, and half of I t felt like because of glitches.

And before anyone thinks im being too harsh I love the assasins creed series. But these last 2 dlcs have been a disappointment and im afraid it isnt going to get any better yet im still gonna get the other dlcs -_-

Sorry for the typos, im on a cell phone.

VitaminsXYZ
03-19-2013, 08:41 PM
So I think I finished everything except the final mission of the sequences. This whole time I went through, I barely hit any side missions. Just a few feed the civilians missions. Now however im actually flying around the map waiting for these spawn missions to come up. Surprisingly, im finding them way faster than I expected.

Anyway my rating of this dlc is a 5/10.

That new eagle ability is pretty bad *** and ok. But the dlc itself is way to short. Should only be 400 ms as far as im concerned. Its taken like 4 hrs to get to final mission and it really only took long cause the side objectives are a pain. You end uprestarting because of the dumbest things, and half of I t felt like because of glitches.

And before anyone thinks im being too harsh I love the assasins creed series. But these last 2 dlcs have been a disappointment and im afraid it isnt going to get any better yet im still gonna get the other dlcs -_-

Sorry for the typos, im on a cell phone.

You already knew they were going to be short, but you still bought them. And you didn't like them even after finishing the second one, yet you're still going to buy the third?

ok

SOURCEw00t
03-19-2013, 09:06 PM
I mean the game isn't unbearable. I do like it. Just the price was high and theres a lot of glitches.

Rogue Agent 035
03-19-2013, 09:24 PM
I too have yet to finish the main section of the DLC, have been goin around gettin a feel for the new power, doin sides an gettin chests outta the way before continuing on, I also need to sync the franklin assassination an the "Sky Journey" section. So far though...., not bad, though as many have pointed out BUGGY as all get out though I'm willin to overlook it as long as it doesn't affect my gameplay. Storyline wise so far...., I said once, an I'll say it again "Truly a WTF :eek: section", I won't spoil it, but feel that when the weather starts changin in the fall (round september 2013, I'll be goin through AC3 an the DLC again just to see how this whole narrative plays out as quite frankly I'm a bit confused. New power..., well, I feel that with pretty much this DLC an AC3 in general, ubi took the stealth element out of the equasion all together, cause while having the ability of an eagle is nice, yer still detectable at certain heights. Wolf rescue in a city.... eh..., feels a bit out there but ok, I'll bite. All in all a great DLC I'd say 7/10 fer my scorecard.

i WiLL aM
03-19-2013, 09:29 PM
As much as I loved AC3, after reading the reviews for this DLC and the previous one, I doubt I will purchase any of them, as unfortunately they do not seem worth the money. I have to admit AC3 was one of my favourite games, but I can't understand how Ubi could release new content like this, without realising how many glitches it contains and all the other problems...

Jexx21
03-19-2013, 09:30 PM
why are you using fer and yer as words? they aren't

monoman32
03-19-2013, 09:36 PM
I just finished it and I really enjoyed it. IMO the full sync objectives are super hard, and it only took about 2 hours to complete, but it was good. The eagle power is awesome, makes traveling so much easier. I don't really have any complaints and can't wait til the last chapter.

LoyalACFan
03-19-2013, 11:06 PM
This one was kind of a sophomore slump for me, but I expected that. The novelty of the first one had kind of worn off, and it still hasn't offered any revelations (see what I did there?) about what the hell is happening, except for another lucid memory that basically everyone had predicted. Still, the eagle powers are awesome, and it was good to see some more of Ben Franklin; I can't convey how disappointed I was that our hero never interacted with him in the main game. The third one should be the best, methinks.

SPOILERS AHEAD

How do you think Connor is going to react to Washington's POE in the canon world? Is he going to just let him ride off with it, being obviously unhinged by its power? I kind of assumed that Washington's Apple was passed on to later presidents, but right now, it looks like Connor needs to take it and keep it safe.

ArabianFrost
03-19-2013, 11:16 PM
Man, were the death speeches in this one weak. Gameplay wise, it was great and the plot was, to some extent, interesting. Anyone got a video about the second video that's specially unlocked, showing flashbacks of Connor and Georgie from the original universe?

ArabianFrost
03-19-2013, 11:18 PM
why are you using fer and yer as words? they aren't

I shall use these words, fer I am Scottish and this is none a' yer business.

LoyalACFan
03-19-2013, 11:26 PM
Man, were the death speeches in this one weak. Gameplay wise, it was great and the plot was, to some extent, interesting. Anyone got a video about the second video that's specially unlocked, showing flashbacks of Connor and Georgie from the original universe?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C77Edu6Jp9w

nitres15
03-19-2013, 11:30 PM
i thought the powers and all were cool but it kinda defeats the purpose of freerunning. It also feels like im cheating sometimes.

Rogue Agent 035
03-19-2013, 11:44 PM
I shall use these words, fer I am Scottish and this is none a' yer business.

I believe that may have been aimed at me, an the fact is I'm a redneck from the good ol' US of A, an I type pretty much how I talk :cool:

Megas_Doux
03-20-2013, 12:03 AM
This DLC keeps getting better and better!

I just love the war atmosphere of alternate Boston! Also the powers make it very fun to traverse, best DLC in the series to me! I am counting the days to play its third part.

NY was already one of my favorite places in the series on "its normal version", the new one sure is awesome!

SixKeys
03-20-2013, 02:21 AM
To be completely honest, this episode was garbage. I really did try to keep an open mind seeing as I was surprised to find myself enjoying episode 1, but this one brought back all the things that were wrong with the main game.

SPOILERS:

-Eagle power isn't very cool. It's not so much flying as leaping. I think they could have done much more with it.
-Stealth fails are back. *sigh* I kill one guard behind a building with no line of sight to anyone else and suddenly I have a whole army on my tail.
-Eagle dive works about 8 times out of 10. Targeting is a bit dodgy. It's also completely useless for stealth kills. As soon as you dive on a lone guard anywhere, everyone attacks you.
-More useless chests. So far I haven't found a single unique item (like a new weapon) in any of them, it's all arrows and meat bait.
-Confusing and poorly implemented tutorials (the Sky World was even more confusing than in The Infamy). Many times I ended up being detected simply because I didn't know what the game was expecting me to do. In the part where you fight Washington and you fall into some kind of Animus-like fragmented chasm, all the prompt says is "Escape". No directions, no obvious markers. Okay, so I start running, and immediately fall off the edge into darkness. Desynchronized. This happened 3 times before I figured out the only way to escape was to use your animal powers.
-Man, that eagle flight level with the obstacles was annoying. The obstacles weren't designed very clearly, it was sometimes hard to tell what was a wall and what was empty space. I also felt the flight controls were less responsive than in the similar level in the main game (where you fly with Juno).
-With two animal powers now that you need to switch between rather frequently the impracticality of the weapon selection screen becomes ever more apparent. It gets really tiresome in the heat of battle to try to recall which buttons I have mapped to wolf cloak, main weapon and eagle power. You want to feel like a badass and fluidly switch between powers while also using secondary weapons like the gun or rope darts? Well, too bad because trying to do that is way more hassle than it's worth. Bring back the old weapon wheel from AC2!
-Speaking of weapons, the game keeps randomly selecting my weapon for me. If I don't pay attention to it, it can sometimes ruin the mission. For example in the previous scene I had my hidden blade selected, then the next bit requires me to take down a guard using my hands so the game automatically changes my hidden blade to a fist. Not noticing this, I spot a few guards and decide to kill them while using wolf cloak, but using fists instead of the blade means instant exposure. X FULL SYNCH FAILED.
-Oh yeah, full synch requirements not showing up until you've already failed them. That's back too.
-Lots more walking from cut scene to cut scene.
-I had zero desire to do any exploration in Boston apart from fooling around with eagle flight. At least the rooftops were more fun again since there weren't as many guards this time, but everywhere else I just got tired of being detected whenever I tried to be stealthy.
-The board games were an odd insertion. It would have been fine if they did it once just for the "rage quit" joke, but otherwise they felt disjointed. "Blend in quickly" by playing a board game? Because clearly a big, buff, half-naked native guy with a wolf hat becomes completely invisible to a tavern full of soldiers the minute he sits down to play checkers.
-I was disappointed to keep running into scenes of guards harassing ordinary citizens yet there was no proper interaction with any of them. You could attack the guards, but the civilian didn't thank you or anything, just ran away screaming like I was the bad guy. The only interactions were the same old "feed a citizen" crap. They could have at least made the effort to come up with three new citizen missions.
-I'm now convinced Ziio's voice actress is different. She sounds most different in the fight with Washington when Connor is hearing her voice in his head.
-Didn't Kanentó:kon get his fingers cut off? In the final scene on the boat both his hands look normal.

I was actually looking forward to this episode after playing through the first one twice, but ended up just rushing through it wishing it was over. I can't see myself playing through it a second time, certainly not going to bother with 100% synch.

BATISTABUS
03-20-2013, 02:24 AM
Cheesy narration is cheesy....Awesome trailer...JUST STOP TRYING TO BE HOLLYWOOD DAMM IT
As if the rest of this DLC isn't totally cheesy as well. xD

kalo.yanis
03-20-2013, 02:57 AM
Just finished it, too. IMHO, it was a huge improvement over the Infamy. The eagle power is so badass it sometimes feels like cheating, although I like how the mission design nudges you to use them, so it's not completely useless (yet not entirely compulsory either). Story-wise it's better with much better cutscenes and the missions were more fun. I also liked the sky journey in this one much better.

All in all, I'm satisfied. My only gripe is that the 100% synch objectives can be a pain in the ***. Detection is way too sensitive.

Also, the second lucid memory video pretty much gives away what the hell is happening. :rolleyes:

Oh, and ending is WTF.

rupok2
03-20-2013, 04:03 AM
- Bad mission design check
- More fetch quests check
- More of the annoying type missions check
- Story and characters that seem to be dull check
- More bugs check

The only reason these dlcs aren't mindnumbingly bad to me is because of the lucid artifacts and animal powers, which are the only reason I even bother to play them at this point.

Assassin_M
03-20-2013, 07:58 AM
So I just finished the Betrayal and I`m kinda disappointed for some reason...I liked the Infamy a lot more.

The Story was pretty good and continued an already awesome plot. Franklin was a nice addition and returning characters were good as well. Change in some VAs didn't bother me too much, but GOD what bothered me was the insane amount of "a few moments later" and fast forwarding...Why the hell ?? The DLC is already short as it is, but no, you have to cut A LOT by sparing us escape sequences or actually travelling to a location ourselves...just why ? A game is supposed to be interactive dammit, that`s just basic game design..I want to DO things, not have the game do it for me, if i wanted that, I`d go watch TV instead..

The design of the missions was pretty good too, but AGAIN that stupid detection system shows its head again and for no reason I find myself mowing down every one. I don't why I didn't experience this as much in Infamy, maybe its the city..

the eagle power works most of the time and that`s pretty good, better than none at all and it was enjoyable too. The atmosphere was awesome as expected with the scenes of death, blood and tyranny, but the random missions....You need to do something about those starving civilians...it`s already bad enough that they don't request food in a short dialogue first, but it`s even worse that they show NO appreciation...not even "Thanks" ANYTHING..I just want some context to these missions..Other than that, I liked the new saving Citizens from firing squads and bullies..

Awesome soundtrack is awesome. It beats the original game, in my opinion. Balfe really stepped it up this time..

Finally, what is it with those random texture-less and incomplete models in the streets ? It`s greatly immersion breaking to just be walking around finally free from the guards for just a little bit and then see something else to ruin your free roam...I dunno if that`s a bug or some removed feature, but it sucks...

Great DLC marred by a dirty past...looking forward to the final one, but I`ll have to say with less excitement than before..

7/10

Captain Tomatoz
03-20-2013, 09:07 AM
Much better than part 1, which I was disappointed with. The missions were much more exiting and had no gimmicks that felt pointless (like the canon firing in part 1). The eagle flight ability has made free running across Boston much better because you know longer need to worry about the large gaps between buildings slowing you down http://static5.cdn.ubi.com/u/ubiforums/20120411.419/images/smilies/biggrin.png. The DLC, for me, was longer than the 1st, took me 2.5 hours.

One problem I had with the DLC was the excessive amounts of fighting when just collecting the chests. Some people won't have a problem with this, i understand, but for me it just felt like a chore to get all the chests. Having to kill 20 odd guards to open one chest each time got a bit tedious. Like part 1 side quests seemed lacking (why can they not have a story, doesn't have to be that in depth) and some of them just feel pointless.

Overall I felt it was a massive improvement over part 1 and am looking forward to part 3 (which i wasn't after playing part 1)

IWGCJoeCool
03-20-2013, 11:58 AM
So I just finished the Betrayal and I`m kinda disappointed for some reason...I liked the Infamy a lot more.

The Story was pretty good and continued an already awesome plot. Franklin was a nice addition and returning characters were good as well. Change in some VAs didn't bother me too much, but GOD what bothered me was the insane amount of "a few moments later" and fast forwarding...Why the hell ?? The DLC is already short as it is, but no, you have to cut A LOT by sparing us escape sequences or actually travelling to a location ourselves...just why ? A game is supposed to be interactive dammit, that`s just basic game design..I want to DO things, not have the game do it for me, if i wanted that, I`d go watch TV instead..

The design of the missions was pretty good too, but AGAIN that stupid detection system shows its head again and for no reason I find myself mowing down every one. I don't why I didn't experience this as much in Infamy, maybe its the city..

the eagle power works most of the time and that`s pretty good, better than none at all and it was enjoyable too. The atmosphere was awesome as expected with the scenes of death, blood and tyranny, but the random missions....You need to do something about those starving civilians...it`s already bad enough that they don't request food in a short dialogue first, but it`s even worse that they show NO appreciation...not even "Thanks" ANYTHING..I just want some context to these missions..Other than that, I liked the new saving Citizens from firing squads and bullies..

Awesome soundtrack is awesome. It beats the original game, in my opinion. Balfe really stepped it up this time..

Finally, what is it with those random texture-less and incomplete models in the streets ? It`s greatly immersion breaking to just be walking around finally free from the guards for just a little bit and then see something else to ruin your free roam...I dunno if that`s a bug or some removed feature, but it sucks...

Great DLC marred by a dirty past...looking forward to the final one, but I`ll have to say with less excitement than before..

7/10

yeh, i got one of those random-textureless things really early on, and was surprised to see it in a product with so much finish and polish time...this morning i'm asking myself if it was indeed a bug/glitch...what if the Pivot Points were place holders for observers or something? there is still much we didnt know about that. anyway, a benefit of the doubt for now.

the Eagle Power IS pretty kool!!! ... though i dont find myself being really effective in the fly, then drop to kill area yet.

on the flip side, did i really get that much better doing kill streaks by not playing the game at all for 3 weeks? my god man!!!...5, 6, 7, i think i might have even gotten 10.

JC

SaintPerkele
03-20-2013, 04:14 PM
Okay, just finished it (well, not 100% sync, but all chests are now unlocked too!).
Mind, on PC though.

First of all, although this is only partially the fault of the DLC: the installation progress was horrible. I had to wait for at least 30 minutes after clicking the "install"-icon until the installation progress began. Then, I was told that I needed patch 1.04, which I didn't have at that moment, in order to install and the installation progress failed. So I had to start AC3 and install the patch which however did not work because suddenly some random file was corrupted. So I had to reinstall the whole game, install every single patch (which can't be done in one progress, you have to quit and start the game again order to install the newest one) and finally install the DLC which again took 30 minutes to start. All in all, a pain in the arse.

Now to the DLC: Storywise, it was quite nice, although quite expectable. I liked returning characters, although apart from Franklin, none of them felt really well written. But then again, the ones starring in the DLC were some of the most boring ones from the main game, too (Sam Adams, Kanen'tó:kon, Big Dave). Speaking of Franklin, glad to see finally more of him! And apparently he's somewhat of a Da Vinci now, having constructed Washington's pyramid and so on.

The missions were.. okay. Some really bad ones, some surprisingly difficult ones when going for full sync. At least no cannon-mission or similarly stupid stuff (sorry to those who like them). The "A few moments later..."-thing was indeed annoying though. And the final assassination is incredibly disappointing. Typical cutscene-like stuff again.

The new Boston was pretty cool (although not as special as the Frontier in my opinion), but it was lacking civilians. It felt like a city of soldiers who are attacking pretty much everyone, which was somewhat silly. Some small additions were nice (listen to the Heralds, there's some cool stuff there - e.g., every citizen has to pay gold for Washington's pyramid). I'm hoping the Pyramid and NY will be the best ones so far though and not likeBoston and the Frontier which were pretty much the same with only a few corpses here and there.

Random missions were once again only partially well executed. The feeding civilian mission is still as stupid as it was and appears way too often.

Gameplaywise, I had fun. I like the new Eagle Power (I heard a lot of people say that it takes the point out of free-running; well, this DLC exists mainly to offer a new playstyle) and combining it with different abilities made fighting much more fun. Flying too a nearby tree while guards are chasing you, hanging one of them with the rope dart, turning invisible, jumping into a haystack, summoning your wolves and pulling the remaining one into your hiding place - this kind of stuff. I use way more tools in ToKW than in the main game and fighting can often be actually hard. I died a lot when trying to get certain chests.

Now for the final part: Bugs. I encountered only a single one, seriously, and that was when the final wave in the final fight did not spawn. Flying caused no problems at all, no grey civilians. But then again, I'm playing on PC.. Note that I didn't have low FPS in ToKW-Boston though (I had in the main game), which was a common problem on PC, no matter how good your graphics card was.

Just one last word: What is great about ToKW is that everything you do feels actually serious and important. The American Revolution in AC3 felt somewhat silly to me. You hardly ever saw that much real violence, only some people shooting at each other with only few people dying (and then it was rather hilarious, for example Bunker Hill with Putnam). The Boston Tea Party looked like a super-fun-event to take part in. I don't know what exactly, but in the main campaign I was never really afraid of the consequences of your and your allies actions. In ToKW, you see Sam Adams getting brutally murdered. There are traitors. Your allies are hiding in fear. Corpses are lying in the streets, people get hanged. It's all very similar to Acre from AC1. And I loved Acre. More creepy atmosphere in the next ACs, please!

You need to do something about those starving civilians...it`s already bad enough that they don't request food in a short dialogue first, but it`s even worse that they show NO appreciation...not even "Thanks" ANYTHING..I just want some context to these missions..
They actually do that, I noticed it in case of the females one at least ;) And the men usually say something along the lines of "I'm old, give me something." Apart from that, I agree though.

Aphex_Tim
03-20-2013, 06:22 PM
My verdict on the first half hour:
That was trippy!

Aphex_Tim
03-20-2013, 06:24 PM
Screenshot

Yeah, and that's something i didn't want to know yet. Thanks.

Mr_Shade
03-20-2013, 06:46 PM
image removed
If you continue posting leaks and spoilers - you will be suspended..

I suggest you stop..

pirate1802
03-20-2013, 07:13 PM
"Blend in quickly" by playing a board game? Because clearly a big, buff, half-naked native guy with a wolf hat becomes completely invisible to a tavern full of soldiers the minute he sits down to play checkers.

Isn't that a recurring problem right fro the first game?

SleezeRocker
03-20-2013, 07:18 PM
I fisnihed the episode yesterday night. though the eagle power was cool....honestly i liked Episode 1 better? Idk this peisode felt..."random". I do one hting first, cutscne next, suddenly im elsewhere but with the mentality "Ok..so how I get here?". Idk how to describe it but, somehow Ifelt the first episode was a little bit more...linear story-wise?

also the full sync requirements in Episode 2 diss me off :P

Mr_Shade
03-20-2013, 07:41 PM
Thanks for the feedback guys - some good posts to report back to the team ;)

Aphex_Tim
03-20-2013, 07:52 PM
"Press square to rage quit"

Best option i've ever seen in a game! xD

SleezeRocker
03-20-2013, 08:08 PM
"Press square to rage quit"

Best option i've ever seen in a game! xD

LOL I can see someone screen capping it and turn it into a meme soon....

BATISTABUS
03-20-2013, 08:51 PM
I really like the Eagle power. I hope we are able to use it in the Frontier at some point. I really like how you can jump, fall, and then use it. It gives a really cool feeling, and I'd love to jump off a cliff and use it last second.

Besides that, I liked the DLC. I wish some of these optional objectives were mandatory (such as don't be seen while infiltrating the fort to get the horse), but I liked how they used the characters in this alternate universe. I'm very disappointed by the voice changes, though.

UrDeviant1
03-20-2013, 09:02 PM
The detection is down right BROKE. It's nice that they've set up the missions in this expansion to incentivise stealth, but that's also highlighted just how frustrating it can be to get detected through no fault of your own. I'v been walking behind a guard and he's just gone high profile, turned around and caused me to fail when actually I didn't do jack s***. I'v killed guards and been detected from 50-60 yards away. I'v killed a single guard with no one else around and been detected because these arseholes seem to be able to see through walls and around corners. Broke, broke, broke. I know this isn't a stealth game but if you're gonna' insist on requiring me to do stealth in order to achieve 100%, at least make this function work. It's broken to the core. I'm saying this here because it seems to be a lot worse than usual.

Oh and that mission where you have to incap a guard and carry him through the city all because you want his outfit - utterly ridiculous. Go ahead, give us more ways to show off your broken stealth system in ways that make no bloody sense. God help us if AC:BF is indeed intended to go back to the series "stealthy" roots. Very frustrating.

Josegtx13
03-20-2013, 09:39 PM
As others have mentioned the stealth, detection is broken in Betrayal. If I use the Eagle assassination/Double eagle assassination on a lone (or 2) guard(s) with my hidden blades equipped and with no witnesses around, I get attack by 10 - 20 guards across town, that somehow know their buddies just died and I'm their assailant. This is even more irritating with some missions that require you to be both stealthy and to use your animal powers as doing such got me instantly detected half the time.

Also I do not like how all the characters have new voices, and it's probably safe to say that if there are any returning characters in the 3rd DLC, they probably won't have their original voice. Furthermore I did not enjoy this DLC as much as I did with Infamy.

SleezeRocker
03-20-2013, 09:47 PM
Oh yeah I'd like to add to the detection meter for episode2:

The dogs have like UAV smell to them or something. Seriosuly, the moment I see a Yellow dot on my map, the dogs bark at my way. Sure they're supposed to find you (even when cloaked w/Wolf...which ironically Id figure a dog would run from a man with Wolf scnet/poweres on him lol) buti n the main game they find you if you're like...10 steps away buti n episode 2 addon, dogs find me from about 30steps away!

also on top of that even if I use Bait they actualy ignore it and go after me and then I get 15 Jagers on my rear! (Or maybe the dogs aren't as stupid as Spike the dog from tom N Jerry and recognize a wolf head man in front of them running/walking aorund them lol)

---------Oh and once again on a side note:
I found a funny/interesting glitch/bug in the cutscene where Connor talks to the blacksmith and with Adams in private. Sometimes I accidently pressed L2 (or the wolf Call button) and during the cutscene I see the ghost Wolves running and pouncing at whoever im talking to in the cutscene. It's hilarious but idk if anyone else had expereicned that :)

WestLil0
03-20-2013, 10:08 PM
yeah, the eagle skill is cool but what a pain to get it! going through the innards of a high-tech environment just doesn't match the theme at all. just finished the second part of the DLC in less than 4 hours. I don't know, it's ok, especially if you bought it as part of the original AC3 package, but I would not call it great. Certainly not something I would replay. It's just one linear mission and no incentive to explore or do other side missions. I sure hope that the next AC4 matches the old AC2 and AC Brotherhood in environment, locations to explore and side missions.

BATISTABUS
03-20-2013, 10:23 PM
Okay...maybe I wasn't paying attention, but I missed something.

1. What happened with that metal from the horse?
2. Where did Franklin go?

InfectedNation
03-20-2013, 11:14 PM

My thoughts exactly.. A little worrying.
I just told myself that he used his disguise to sneak onto the Aquila... but who knows :/

SixKeys
03-20-2013, 11:36 PM
Another mystery: did Kanentó:kon NOT get his fingers cut off? Because in the final scene his hands look okay. I missed the last dialogue exchange between him and Connor, only heard when Connor snapped "I don't want to hear it", so maybe I missed something.

silvermercy
03-20-2013, 11:45 PM
Just started downloading it so I'm staying away from spoilers. :) But does anyone have a pic of The Betrayal cover? I can see it on my PS3 store screen right now but it's tiny. Can't find it anywhere on the net.

Farlander1991
03-21-2013, 12:00 AM
On a side note, did anyone notice that while free-running to vault over small obstacles you don't have to press the jump/drop button at the right moment anymore, but can just hold jump/drop all the time and Connor will vault/slide under everything? I was kinda disappointed with that change :(

Josegtx13
03-21-2013, 12:02 AM
Another mystery: did Kanentó:kon NOT get his fingers cut off? Because in the final scene his hands look okay. I missed the last dialogue exchange between him and Connor, only heard when Connor snapped "I don't want to hear it", so maybe I missed something.

SPOILERS AHEAD

In his right hand, I believe I saw him missing his pinky and the top half of his ring finger, I could be wrong as it was a quick instance we're I saw his right hand.

Also, I could be wrong, but did anyone else notice think Sam and Benjamin Franklin pronounce Kanentó:kon name differently in every scene they mentioned his name.

nitres15
03-21-2013, 12:04 AM
On a side note, did anyone notice that while free-running to vault over small obstacles you don't have to press the jump/drop button at the right moment anymore, but can just hold jump/drop all the time and Connor will vault/slide under everything? I was kinda disappointed with that change :(

it has always been like that, hasn´t it ?

Farlander1991
03-21-2013, 12:08 AM

No, in AC3 main game (I don't know actually if this change has affected the main game as well), the way it was is that you have to hold the button a little before the obstacle itself, or Connor would jump on it and the flow gets interrupted a little bit (and you had to do before every obstacle so you couldn't just time right once and then hold). I tested that a lot for my blog post about parkour mechanics in AC3 and how you could apply that to level design, so I know that it was that way for a fact. But now, you can hold the button whenever and Connor will always vault as long as you hold it.

BATISTABUS
03-21-2013, 12:25 AM
I thought so.

PandaPuff86
03-21-2013, 03:45 AM
My thoughts...

- I thought that this episode lacked the intensity and gripping feel that the first had.
- The story was alright but it could have been more meat in the bone.
- Detection in this second episode is quite annoying especially when it comes the opening empty chests. Speaking of which...
- Why are the chests empty?
- Only minor glitches this time around. One that stood out was during investigating Boston Neck. Fell through the water and desynchronized. Thanks a lot guard dogs!
- Happy to see Franklin have a big part in the story and sad to see Putnam go. He's good as a bad guy.
- Eagle Flight made life very easy. Hell it made me forget what a hook blade was.
- A pyramid? People this is as close the something Egypt related as you get. Actually there is one too in ACB...
- Lastly, that memory fragment...at first I thought it was Connor's dream but now its seems to be Washington's dream instead.

catkiller97
03-21-2013, 08:45 AM
If you continue posting leaks and spoilers - you will be suspended..

I suggest you stop..

@Mod It shared by official AC chile page...

Aphex_Tim
03-21-2013, 08:58 AM
But it's still a spoiler.

AntiChrist7
03-21-2013, 11:50 AM
I thought so.

me too

pacmanate
03-21-2013, 11:53 AM
Not bad tbh!

Pros
Eagle Powers are awesome
Video Fragment was V. Interesting
Story was good

Cons

Seemed Shorter because I flew everywhere

Emphasis on the "seemed". I just finished the DLC now and I have 6:14:45 Hours clocked in. Thats with collecting every chest etc and getting 100% sync with side missions and trophies etc. I thought the whole DLC trilogy would be 6 hours so Im glad its not :P. I am hoping the last episode is longer than the first and second part as I don't want the conflict with Washington to be anti climatic as we know Ubisoft like to do this.

ace3001
03-21-2013, 01:03 PM

Yeah, it was always like that. As long as the button is held down when Connor is coming across an obstacle, he will vault over it. No need to press at the right time.

IWGCJoeCool
03-21-2013, 01:50 PM
i had the random/textureless characters the first day, after D/L-ing and going right into the Episode. Day-2, i saw none of them anymore.

Flying is still trey-kool, and i think i raised my Killstreak to a dozen...i guess it's easier to do when you are really so persona-non-gratis and they seem to come at you 20 at a time. there is no rest in this episode.

JC

IceHot100
03-21-2013, 04:06 PM
<SPOILERS>
The end was a bit too abrupt. I expected a somewhat epic fight with Putnam but nevertheless, Franklin, Kanen'tó:kon and Putnam surprised us, atleasst me :P. Other than that amazing kept me on the edge of the seat during the Franklin "hallicunation" scenes :D.
</SPOILERS>

Dan Pen 97
03-21-2013, 07:55 PM
It ended a bit to fast for me :(

AdrianJacek
03-22-2013, 04:05 PM

1. Well, obviously Franklin has it. They just didn't show it here. Keeping it for the last episode, I guess.
2. Franklin was with the crew.
http://img32.imageshack.us/img32/656/benfranklin.png

MadJC1986
03-22-2013, 04:50 PM
I kinda feel like the wolf cloak replaced stealth and the eagle power replaced freerunning....
What next? Will fighting be replaced?

Assassin_M
03-22-2013, 04:51 PM
the wolf cloak replaced stealth
At least it does a better job (kinda)

and yes, fighting may be "replaced"...bear power..

really don't see how any of those are bad things...you can still fight, free run and be stealthy using base game mechanics...now you just have more options and they`re crazy..what`s not to like ?

WalSwJan
03-22-2013, 06:38 PM
I don't know if it's going to "replace" fighting...but it looks awesome.
http://24.media.tumblr.com/7b4e023bd5922d17c7e419ed99b0148a/tumblr_mk0qfieaDa1rmrkyao4_500.jpg

AjinkyaParuleka
03-22-2013, 06:43 PM
http://24.media.tumblr.com/7b4e023bd5922d17c7e419ed99b0148a/tumblr_mk0qfieaDa1rmrkyao4_500.jpg
where did you got that o.O?.
BTW I really liked the Eagle Power,the promised hit-and-run mechanics works well.Eagle Dive,then select wolf cloak midway,as soon as you hit your enemy,get cloaked,send da wolves,then fly to a rooftop.Really liked it story wise,character and gameplay.And there's no end to combat in this DLC.The game forced us to use stealth again,which I really liked.Don't get detected while getting da horse,awesome.
10/10 from me.

BATISTABUS
03-22-2013, 08:10 PM
1. Well, obviously Franklin has it. They just didn't show it here. Keeping it for the last episode, I guess.
2. Franklin was with the crew.

Oh, nice find. Re-playing that mission, it did sound like it might've been him yelling instructions during the fight.

BATISTABUS
03-22-2013, 08:12 PM

The "Bear Might" is a shock-wave Connor sends out by stomping.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=l8_Grc3YCsE#t=470s

AjinkyaParuleka
03-22-2013, 08:32 PM
I see Dive Bomb in The Redemption.

MadJC1986
03-22-2013, 09:11 PM
The game forced us to use stealth again,which I really liked.Don't get detected while getting da horse,awesome.
10/10 from me.

Yes there was stealth, but I think it was incredibly easy to play stealthy. Almost no challenge. But maybe others have bigger problems....

pacmanate
03-22-2013, 09:22 PM
What power do you think we will get next? The bear power or the other one (cant remember the other animal)

WalSwJan
03-22-2013, 10:19 PM
What power do you think we will get next? The bear power or the other one (cant remember the other animal)

There is only the bearpower left...

jenyto
03-22-2013, 11:40 PM
Wait wasn't there one of the cougar?

pacmanate
03-22-2013, 11:46 PM
Wait wasn't there one of the cougar?

Become a cougar? At least Connor will get some!

DarthEzio55
03-23-2013, 05:09 PM
Doesn't drinking the tea from the sky journey drive you a bit crazy?
I'm curious to see if Connor goes a little crazy in the next episode.

THE_JOKE_KING33
03-23-2013, 05:41 PM

I'd say he already went crazy in this episode especially when a giant hologram of his mother was yelling at him. XD

pirate1802
03-23-2013, 05:51 PM
Become a cougar? At least Connor will get some!

Lmao!

FirestarLuva
03-23-2013, 10:49 PM

Go a little crazy? Connor was already beginning to lose it the moment he got his first power,
"My tomahawk! They've taken it! I will enjoy getting it back..." Out of all the assassins Connor wanted to avoid bloodshed the most. That for sure doesn't sound like Connor.
Also, here's a voice file from the final episode, whether Connor will be more than a little mad after all this or not, you be the judge. :P

http://kosappi.tumblr.com/page/2 (bottom post)

I'd say he already went crazy in this episode especially when a giant hologram of his mother was yelling at him. XD

Agree about that moment. That was pretty ouch for Connor, his mother feeling betrayed by him, considering many of the things he did for her and his village in AC3 and TOKW...and failed.

DarthEzio55
03-23-2013, 10:53 PM
Also, here's a voice file from the final episode, whether Connor will be more than a little mad after all this or not, you be the judge. :P

http://kosappi.tumblr.com/page/2 (bottom post)

Hmm, debating on whether to click on that link or not, because i want to avoid spoilers.

I-Like-Pie45
03-23-2013, 11:51 PM
TASTE THE RAINBOW!

Er, I mean scepter! :o
http://24.media.tumblr.com/c9db16158aa9f08b4bee1b96cf6a5085/tumblr_mk0qfieaDa1rmrkyao3_1280.jpg

silvermercy
03-23-2013, 11:53 PM
So I just finished 2nd episode! Awesome!!! :D But small... argh!!

nitres15
03-23-2013, 11:55 PM
Awesome!!! :D But small... argh!!
thats what she said ?...

silvermercy
03-23-2013, 11:58 PM
thats what she said ?...
lmao!!

Locopells
03-24-2013, 12:02 AM
Hmm, debating on whether to click on that link or not, because i want to avoid spoilers.

Don't worry, it only suggests you will have to fight a lot of enemies at once (duh), and a bit of Washington's reaction to the Power of the Bear (which we already knew about).

Ezio270
03-24-2013, 12:37 AM
i just won this episode is code from Mr.shade it was amazing episode.... i LIKE THE EAGLE POWER i'ts really incredible :cool::cool:

I-Like-Pie45
03-24-2013, 02:04 AM
Well, that was an anticlimatic assassination.

Speaking of this DLC, does anyone know where the memory fragments (other than the Boston Massacre fragment) are?