PDA

View Full Version : hopefully no problems tomorrow for the new DLC

Littleweasel
03-18-2013, 06:18 PM
i sure hope we don't have problems tomorrow with The Betrayal dlc like we have with The Infamy dlc were the people that bought the season pass had to wait until the day after to be able to download it with the season pass?

DisbandedBox359
03-18-2013, 06:40 PM
heard its different days for uk and america, any truth to this?

deskp
03-18-2013, 06:47 PM
heard its different days for uk and america, any truth to this? late US could be early UK the next day. even if tis releated everywhere at the same time.

pacmanate
03-18-2013, 09:33 PM
There were no problems. Ubisoft updated their store when they woke up.

Aphex_Tim
03-18-2013, 09:59 PM
All I'm hoping for with this new dlc is that it won't have another bloody frustrating section like that horrible cannon part in the last episode.
That part almost ruined the Infamy for me...

nitres15
03-18-2013, 10:06 PM
hopefully they won´t send me another textbox, some of you might have gotten it from ubi too. (im playing on PC)

WalSwJan
03-18-2013, 10:18 PM
I hope there won't be another mission that makes me search clues for 30 freaking minutes. Was the worst mission in the Infamy imo. I loved the Infamy though. :p

Abeonis
03-18-2013, 10:24 PM
I had no issues downloading The Infamy on time. PSN will get it a day late because they update their marketplace a day later than M$.

tinrisky
03-18-2013, 10:26 PM
So I'm assuming the PS3 will get this episode on the 20th. Is that correct?

Aphex_Tim
03-18-2013, 10:50 PM
So I'm assuming the PS3 will get this episode on the 20th. Is that correct?

Why would that be?

IWGCJoeCool
03-18-2013, 11:02 PM
my experience on XBox with the Infamy DLC

not up at 730Am yet US EST, but up by around 810 or 815 AM. just kept checking the main menu until it showed up in the game, not in XBL Marketplace, cuz i have the Season Pass.

last time i also had a Title Update the Sunday before...this time i got in on Saturday.

but who knows....the AC3 disc is not a permanent resident in my console anymore.

JC

Abeonis
03-18-2013, 11:05 PM
Why would that be?

I literally just said that PSN updates on Wednesdays; the next Wednesday is on the 20th.

Krayus Korianis
03-18-2013, 11:31 PM
I literally just said that PSN updates on Wednesdays; the next Wednesday is on the 20th.
I think you blew his mind... Probably doesn't know when the store updates.

sticks165
03-18-2013, 11:47 PM
the store updates on Tuesday at 6pm pst.

Mr_Shade
03-18-2013, 11:56 PM
Ubisoft has no control over when stores update - so some regions may get it before others, due to the normal time they update - or with PSN, on a different day possibly.

The DLC is officially stated as being released on the 19th - due to that being the very earliest that it will be available.

The DLC will be available when your local stores normally update - so times may vary greatly - depending on where you live - so please refrain from posting at 00:01 on the 19th that it's not available - you have to wait for the stores to update...

If you are unaware of when this is - please check with your console provider.

tinrisky
03-19-2013, 12:34 AM
Why would that be?

That's how it was with the first episode, came out 1 day later on PS3

InfectedNation
03-19-2013, 01:28 AM

and someone actually came on here and started a rage thread at Ubisoft even though it was down to Sony... Hahahahaha

Aphex_Tim
03-19-2013, 07:07 AM

Ah alright. Didn't know that; i bought The Infamy a couple of days later.

roostersrule2
03-19-2013, 07:23 AM
Does anyone know when it will be released?

CockneyCharmer
03-19-2013, 08:47 AM
I hope that this chapter will be made available for the ingame store as soon as it is for the general marketplace, its the latest in the long list of games with a content Season pass which can only be redeemed in game on release, where the content takes several hours after its release on the main xbox Marketplace (Xbox).

10am (GMT) is when the Marketplace updates with new content, last time it was 10am when the first chapter was available. It was another 3 hours before those fans who went the extra mile to invest by pre-ordering the content via the Season Pass got to have the content they paid for months ago

It only updated in the Game's store when Ubisoft Montreal "woke up" and tweeted about the DLC....so hoping this time Ubisoft will ensure at least one staff is up awake and ready to do their jobs properly, otherwise the season pass is pointless when fans have to wait hours for content they already purchased

time will tell, but if disappointed again today, wont be purchased the season pass for IV....and there will be one!!

roostersrule2
03-19-2013, 08:55 AM
I hope that this chapter will be made available for the ingame store as soon as it is for the general marketplace, its the latest in the long list of games with a content Season pass which can only be redeemed in game on release, where the content takes several hours after its release on the main xbox Marketplace (Xbox).

10am (GMT) is when the Marketplace updates with new content, last time it was 10am when the first chapter was available. It was another 3 hours before those fans who went the extra mile to invest by pre-ordering the content via the Season Pass got to have the content they paid for months ago

It only updated in the Game's store when Ubisoft Montreal "woke up" and tweeted about the DLC....so hoping this time Ubisoft will ensure at least one staff is up awake and ready to do their jobs properly, otherwise the season pass is pointless when fans have to wait hours for content they already purchased

time will tell, but if disappointed again today, wont be purchased the season pass for IV....and there will be one!!Oh that's still 2 more hours.

CockneyCharmer
03-19-2013, 09:07 AM
Oh that's still 2 more hours.

Well 2 hours to regular release....could be far longer for those with a Season Pass......I have a sense its going to be a longer wait for us

Shame none of the Moderators here can find out for us what time Ubisoft Montreal plan on updating the in game menu or at least get onto support about it before we all get let down....again

roostersrule2
03-19-2013, 09:20 AM
Well 2 hours to regular release....could be far longer for those with a Season Pass......I have a sense its going to be a longer wait for us

Shame none of the Moderators here can find out for us what time Ubisoft Montreal plan on updating the in game menu or at least get onto support about it before we all get let down....againIf anything you should get it earlier.

CockneyCharmer
03-19-2013, 09:23 AM
well if you read my posts you would know we didnt the first time, and hence we are hoping for it to be handled better today

But I do remember when the Season pass was launched, it was advertised as saying season pass holders would get content 1 week before general release, guessing they changed their minds along the way

Assassin_M
03-19-2013, 09:24 AM
2 hours ? Really ? That`s what everyone is crying about ?

Hey, PC gamers how you doing ?

Assassin_M
03-19-2013, 09:25 AM
well if you read my posts you would know we didnt the first time, and hence we are hoping for it to be handled better today

But I do remember when the Season pass was launched, it was advertised as saying season pass holders would get content 1 week before general release, guessing they changed their minds along the way
You read it wrong...It said only the first pack would be available a week earlier..

CockneyCharmer
03-19-2013, 09:30 AM
either way....getting DLC content hours after paying for it ahead of time whilst those who didnt can just buy it immediately is a poor way to manage your game, AC is not the only game series to do it, but its their job to make sure they refresh the ingame store as soon as the content is available on general release

And not just when someone at Ubisoft Montreal shows up at their office

Assassin_M
03-19-2013, 09:35 AM
either way....getting DLC content hours after paying for it ahead of time whilst those who didnt can just buy it immediately is a poor way to manage your game, AC is not the only game series to do it, but its their job to make sure they refresh the ingame store as soon as the content is available on general release

And not just when someone at Ubisoft Montreal shows up at their office
Look, I`m not condoning what they do, but GOD...It`s just a couple of friggin hours...I`m sorry, but that`s just spoiled...go find something else to do while you wait..I dunno...Have a sandwich, walk a bit, help your poor mother in the kitchen, practice your hobby that does not include gaming, because you haven't for sometime..

come on, guys..

roostersrule2
03-19-2013, 09:51 AM
2 hours ? Really ? That`s what everyone is crying about ?

Hey, PC gamers how you doing ?I'd cry over 10 minutes lol@PC gamers, inb4 console war.

CockneyCharmer
03-19-2013, 10:03 AM
Look, I`m not condoning what they do, but GOD...It`s just a couple of friggin hours...I`m sorry, but that`s just spoiled...go find something else to do while you wait..I dunno...Have a sandwich, walk a bit, help your poor mother in the kitchen, practice your hobby that does not include gaming, because you haven't for sometime..

come on, guys..

That probably sounded funnier in your head didnt it sport?? sadly once posted it came across as pathetic as your troll jibe at PC gamers. Did the thread topic not give you a clue as to what was being discussed or did you feel the need to just troll because you yourself have nothing better to do with your time?

My point, which you clearly have missed in your rush to troll, is that if the content is released at 10am to the general Marketplace to be purchased for 800MSP, those who invested in the season Pass for 2400MSP no doubt weeks or months ago (for me bought same day as AC3 release) have to wait several hours after that, simply because the team in Ubisoft Montreal didnt get to the office to trigger the update in the games own store menu

Now, have a sandwich, work on how to troll successfully then find something else to do in stead :)

Assassin_M
03-19-2013, 10:10 AM
That probably sounded funnier in your head didnt it sport?? sadly once posted it came across as pathetic as your troll jibe at PC gamers. Did the thread topic not give you a clue as to what was being discussed or did you feel the need to just troll because you yourself have nothing better to do with your time?

My point, which you clearly have missed in your rush to troll, is that if the content is released at 10am to the general Marketplace to be purchased for 800MSP, those who invested in the season Pass for 2400MSP no doubt weeks or months ago (for me bought same day as AC3 release) have to wait several hours after that, simply because the team in Ubisoft Montreal didnt get to the office to trigger the update in the games own store menu

Now, have a sandwich, work on how to troll successfully then find something else to do in stead :)
So....You felt insulted, mentioned it once (Okay..his right gonna apologize) mention it again (Okay mate I get it gonna apologize now) try to sound smart (maybe I should`v added a smiley face...or clarify that i`m joking a bit ?) calls me sport (wow....how gangsta like) tone starts to talk seriously, but again mentions his butthurt over my post (You clearly have no sense of humor, man...it was just a friendly advice) AND FINALLY, spells instead like this "In stead" NOW...I`m mad

geez, man....Chill pill <--------- take it

But wait...wait...You were right. It did sound funny in my head. Hilarious actually and it probably sounded funny in your head too....Only your tantrum got in the way

CockneyCharmer
03-19-2013, 10:17 AM
Chill pill......Stuck in the 90s much??

Try and stay on topic rather then continued bad trolling, take your own advice on this one

How cute, edit your post after my reply....awww bad troll is bad troll and now on a mission lol

roostersrule2
03-19-2013, 10:18 AM
Cue the theme from rocky boys, M is on the prowl.

Assassin_M
03-19-2013, 10:24 AM
Chill pill......Stuck in the 90s much??

Try and stay on topic rather then continued bad trolling, take your own advice on this one
I rather think I was staying on topic when you got butthurt over my post
http://i2.wp.com/alfatah69.files.wordpress.com/2013/03/obama_laughing_275-1.jpg?resize=200%2C200

You shall pay with your life...I, M the troll....will give you this chill pill in......I`ll give you this chill pill...in...uhh...Lets just say I wont give it to you in the mouth...

I just invented the R**tal chill pill

Okay I`m done...If I replay anymore to this gentlemen here, i`ll wear my Bieber banner...if he replies to me...he`s dead

Krayus Korianis
03-19-2013, 10:26 AM
Can you smell what the M is cookin'?!

CockneyCharmer
03-19-2013, 10:28 AM
Bless........

Assassin_M
03-19-2013, 10:29 AM
Can you smell what the M is cookin'?!
I`m serving ****head stew

See the internet ? I was agreeing with this man on another thread, now we`re both insulting each other....how the world spins...

Aphex_Tim
03-19-2013, 10:53 AM

It never ceases to amaze me how so many people complain about having to wait a COUPLE OF HOURS. You got the season pass so you already got the DLC at a slight discount. Is it really such a big deal then that you have to wait just a liiiitle bit longer than people without a season pass?

Not just here btw, i see it with many games. Every time a new expansion pack was released for Battlefield 3, just a couple of minutes into the day of release the forums were riddled with complaints that the "DLC isn't in the store omgwtfbbq!!!1"
Pisses me off.

Assassin_M
03-19-2013, 10:59 AM
It never ceases to amaze me how so many people complain about having to wait a COUPLE OF HOURS. You got the season pass so you already got the DLC at a slight discount. Is it really such a big deal then that you have to wait just a liiiitle bit longer than people without a season pass?

Not just here btw, i see it with many games. Every time a new expansion pack was released for Battlefield 3, just a couple of minutes into the day of release the forums were riddled with complaints that the "DLC isn't in the store omgwtfbbq!!!1"
Pisses me off.
he`s gonna call you a troll...

he`s mean...made me sad

Sushiglutton
03-19-2013, 10:59 AM
Stop comparing to others so much and try to view the situation from a more rational pov. In short you bought the season pass like five months ago (guess) not knowing when it would be released. After five months waiting you are complaining about a few hours. And just because someone else got something a little better. This is the kind of envy that led to the terrors of the Soviet Union :mad::mad::mad:;)!

roostersrule2
03-19-2013, 11:06 AM
Stop comparing to others so much and try to view the situation from a more rational pov. In short you bought the season pass like five months ago (guess) not knowing when it would be released. After five months waiting you are complaining about a few hours. And just because someone else got something a little better. This is the kind of envy that led to the terrors of the Soviet Union :mad::mad::mad:;)!LOL@Communism.

Aphex_Tim
03-19-2013, 11:06 AM
It's also why we can't have nice things.

WarlordSpinal
03-19-2013, 11:30 AM
So, anyone know what's up with the PC version of the DLC?

I just woke up and am in the literal opposite of the "Ubi timezone", so i'm pretty clueless. The Steam page doesn't have the Betrayal up there yet, i'll assume we'll have to wait a few more hours, then?

CockneyCharmer
03-19-2013, 11:51 AM
Lets see...a thread discussing possible and problems with the DLC,where people can discuss any problems they have had but gets people coming into this thread to tell them that they shouldn't have a problem with the DLC or discuss it in a thread with a topic that is about problems with the DLC

Interesting logic

Assassin_M
03-19-2013, 11:53 AM
Lets see...a thread discussing possible and problems with the DLC,where people can discuss any problems they have had but gets people coming into this thread to tell them that they shouldn't have a problem with the DLC or discuss it in a thread with a topic that is about problems with the DLC

Interesting logic
Read what each one of us said again...that`s what YOU think we said...unfortunately, you`re wrong..sorry

roostersrule2
03-19-2013, 11:54 AM
read what each one of us said again...that`s what you think we said...unfortunately, you`re wrong..sorryhahhahahahahahhaha beiber sig time.

Assassin_M
03-19-2013, 11:55 AM
hahhahahahahahhaha beiber sig time.
oooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooh

Sushiglutton
03-19-2013, 11:56 AM

Interesting logic

The OP stated a specific problem with the first DLC, angrily saying that he hopes it doesn't happen again. What I and others have been saying is that this particular issue is kind of silly. A few extra hours is nothing in relation to the months of waiting.

roostersrule2
03-19-2013, 11:57 AM
ooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooohThose are the rules.